AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: いたいのいたいのとんでいけ

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-25-2023 08:47 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Default いたいのいたいのとんでいけ

Full lyrics on my website. If you click on the Play tab you can also watch the video while browsing the lyrics.

I'm having trouble with verse 6:
    何を境かわからないくらい nani o sakai ka wakaranai kurai
    ふとした時にやってくる罰 futoshita toki ni yatte kuru batsu
    心当たりが少しあるような kokoroatari ga sukoshi aru yō na
    やっぱないよな yappa nai yo na
    My guess at what it means is as follows but it doesn't make sense to me.
    Enough for me not to know where to set the boundary,
    a punishment comes at an unexpected moment.
    It seems like I have some idea,
    but of course I don't.
    One problem is what verb is 何を the object of? I'm guessing there's an implied nani o sakai ni suru no ka but any other ideas because in context that doesn't make sense to me?

Also, ような doesn't seem to be modifying anything, unless perhaps it means da na. Any ideas?

bambooXZX will become famous soon enough bambooXZX's Avatar
    Gil
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-18-2023 04:37 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Default Re: いたいのいたいのとんでいけ

I think that kind of ような would be shorthand for ような気がする. Maybe a bit silly, but the clearest example that comes to mind is here:
    Code:
    ええっ、胸が大きくなる方法が分かっちゃったの!?聞きたいような、聞きたくないような……
    (you can Ctrl+f on that page for a sound clip to hear the tone)
    So the meaning would be fairly close to what you inferred (though I wouldn't use 'of course' for やっぱ - personally, if I were approaching that passage, I'd want to have some element of hesitation in between those two lines, as he steps forward with something of an idea then doubts himself and pulls back.)

As for 境, I'm not really sure here. Maybe it's the border that marks where he went wrong and he's trying to think of the reason for punishment but is ultimately unsure? I don't really have much to back that up, though :V

Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-25-2023 08:47 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Default Re: いたいのいたいのとんでいけ

Thanks for the reply. Thinking about it a bit more, maybe it's about the punishment coming unexpectedly and confusing him so that he can't figure out where to mark the line in his behaviour between getting a tick or a cross. Then he seems to get a hunch where it should be, but it turns out he really has no idea.

On yappa, I agree "of course" doesn't capture the sense properly. I often have trouble translating that word ... What about "But as I feared"? "As I figured"? "But it turns out"?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information