AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: When the anime character just isn't how you imagined them

Junior Member jackadam is on a distinguished road jackadam's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-02-2018 04:57 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default When the anime character just isn't how you imagined them

Have you ever been totally shocked when you finally saw a much loved character in an anime? I have, twice.

The first occasion was years ago when I was still a kid, and Pollyanna was one of my favourite books. Mr Pendleton, in my mind, was tall, handsome and relatively youthful, with black hair. So I felt horribly betrayed when I saw him on the Pollyanna anime, and he was an OLD MAN with a gray moustache - completely different from who I'd imagined Aunt Polly ending up with.

It happened again just last night, watching Daiya no A. I loved reading the story of Sakurazawa High in the manga - a team who worked hard to get where they were, supported by a teacher who had no athletic prowess but applied keen observation and intellect to help them. I was convinced BTW the Professor was a woman... So imagine my utter shock when she opened her mouth to speak in the anime, and out came this deeeeep gravelly voice! Shudder

Tags: closer halsey the chainsmokers lyrics, cold maroon 5 future Lyrics, black beatles gucci mane rae sremmurd lyrics
    Last edited by jackadam; 03-01-2017 at 10:28 PM.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2024 05:34 PM
    Threads

Default Re: When the anime character just isn't how you imagined them

Supernatural

Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2024 09:27 AM
    Threads

Default Re: When the anime character just isn't how you imagined them

I never watched the live action Supernatural, but I did see the anime. It was pretty good.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information