AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Top 11 Immortal Anime Characters

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Lightbulb Top 11 Immortal Anime Characters

Here is my list of the Top 11 Immortal Anime Characters, because I could not stop at 10.

First some rules:

1. An immortal is not just someone who cannot die, but one who cannot die by normal means. They can live on forever, or forever unless killed in a highly unusual and unique manner.

2. The character has to be technically alive. They can be human, deities, or demons. So no robots or androids. Also, no ghosts since they are dead. Also if a person is a demon because they are dead, they are still dead and not immortal. So, unfortunately, that leaves out the girls from Corpse Princess.

3. No vampires. Vampires have a category all their own, and if we do include vampires this thread will turn into a thread about Alucard, and I am sick of Alucard. He’s a characterization anyway, not a character. SO NO VAMPIRES!

4. Only one character per show, since several shows have multiple immortals.
    So here we go:

11. C.C. from Code Geass. The greenish-blonde hair does it for me, as does her ability to eat only pizza. So why not Lelouch? His mortality remains in question. Most feel he did die at the end of Code Geass 2, but he is reappearing in Gode Geass 3 – supposedly. But as what? Right now, I will have to go with C.C.

10. Sadao Maou alias Satan from The Devil is a Part-Timer. If there is a devil, I suppose if he started living on Earth he would work in a fast food restaurant fiendishly rising our cholesterol levels. But would he be such a good work mate and protector to his new human friends? The immortal Prince of Darkness becomes quite human, even winning over his arch enemy Emi.

9. Yato from Noragami. This minor god pushes along with no worshipers, performing good deeds for a pittance. He has a debt to repay when a young girl gets killed saving his live – which of course was not necessary since he is immortal. But he manages to fix all that.

8. Death aka The Grim Reaper from Soul Eater. He’s such a nice guy with a friendly positive attitude. I did wonder about putting him on this list since he does almost snuff it saving his son’s life. But he's Death, and how do you really kill Death?

7. Saya from Blood+. Isn’t she just so cute, although there are other immortals here to choose from. Girl fans probably would prefer Haji, while Nathan is a colorful character. But Saya can be gentle and tough, strong and fragile. And she is just so cute!

5. Celty from Durarara!! and DurararaX2!!. The headless Celtic rider finds love in the most fun town in Japan. And she is one of the normal ones!

4. Ryuk from Death Note. Ryuk is a Shinigami, a god of death. And he looks it. He likes apples, video games, and causing mayhem.

3. Wanyuudo from Hell Girl, Hell Girl: Two Mirrors, and Hell Girl: Three Vessels. So why not Ai, the main character? She dies, her spirit comes back for revenge, and as punishment she becomes Hell Girl. But technically she is still dead, therefore not immortal. But her some of her familiars are living demons. Of these, Wanyuudo ranks as the best. First of all, in the original series he does all the work. Second, despite looking like a bald, elderly man, girls seem to like him, as we see in series 2 in the episode which takes place at a hot springs.

2. Sato from Ajin: Demi-Human. Why not Kai, the main character? Because Sato is a better character. Laid back, cheerful, and outgoing, he’s the kind of guy you would like to go fishing with, or share a beer, or sit next to at a ball game. So what if he has no moral values and works to be a mass murderer? His nice side just makes him a better villain.

1. The cast from Baccano!. OK. I am breaking one of my rules here. But I cannot pick just one character. And they are my rules, so I can do what I want. There are so many great characters in this series, and not all are immortal. Among the immortals are Maiza, Firo, the Gandor Brothers, little Czeslaw, and even the villain Szilard Quates.

Honorable Mention: The turtle woman from The Red Turtle. I don’t include her on the list because I am not sure she is immortal. She probably is, but I am not sure you consider this film an anime. Although produced by Ghibli, it has a Dutch director.

List your favorites and tell something about them.
    Last edited by PictureGuy; 02-08-2017 at 06:42 PM.

2. Likes H4nnah305 liked this post
    Member Shamo is infamous around these parts Shamo is infamous around these parts Shamo is infamous around these parts Shamo is infamous around these parts Shamo is infamous around these parts Shamo is infamous around these parts Shamo is infamous around these parts Shamo is infamous around these parts Shamo is infamous around these parts Shamo is infamous around these parts Shamo is infamous around these parts Shamo's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2017 07:34 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Top 11 Immortal Anime Characters

Nice.

Also, about your #3 rule, why do you say Vampires are a category of their own? There are different types and levels of Immortality, most Vampire characters are type 1 Longevity which is the lowest type of Immortality while Alucard is type 3, via Regeneration.

Here are my top 10 favorite Immortals.

#1. "White Hawk" Griffith
    He exists on multiple planes of existence but was originally a 3-Dimensional human.

#2. Zodd The Immortal
    Zodd is a demon who follows Griffith in his army, tho he's only a Type 1 Immortal meaning Longevity.

#3. Kami Tenchi
    Kami Tenchi is the Omnipotent of the Tenchi Muyo verse.

#4. Dark Schneider
    He's 12D so.... yeah, you can't do anything to him if you are not on the same dimensional or above level as him. He's stated in his own verse to be the closest to God.
    He's over 400 years old thus Longevity and also, he has Low-Godly regeneration, meaning able to regenerate as long as your disembodied consciousness exists/regenerate from other realms.
    He exists on 3 different dimensional planes also and has the ultimate shield in any anime/manga, Dispel Bound.

#5. Alucard
    Tho he is only immortal by regeneration.

#6. "Black Wizard" Zeref
    He's immortal because the Light and Dark Gods cursed him to be immortal thus he can't die unless the Gods are subdued.

#7. "Fox's Sin of Greed" Ban
    Immortality Type 1 & 3.
    Regeneration Low-High

#8. "14th Noah" Nea D. Campbell
    Is able to take control over a host he resides in and take over it's body until reviving fully until the host dies and he re-incarnates again.

#9. "The Hundred Man Slayer" Manji
    Type 1 Immortality.
    Regeneration (Low-Mid)

#10. "God of the Dead" Hades
    Type 1,2 & 4 Immortality.
    Last edited by Shamo; 02-14-2017 at 05:00 AM.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I didn't want vampires because I thought they would take over this thread and squeeze out other characters, who I find a bit more interesting. Sometime later we can start a best vampire thread.

Member Shamo is infamous around these parts Shamo is infamous around these parts Shamo is infamous around these parts Shamo is infamous around these parts Shamo is infamous around these parts Shamo is infamous around these parts Shamo is infamous around these parts Shamo is infamous around these parts Shamo is infamous around these parts Shamo is infamous around these parts Shamo is infamous around these parts Shamo's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2017 07:34 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Alright.

Junior Member H4nnah305 is on a distinguished road H4nnah305's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-19-2019 01:42 PM
    Threads

i agree with your other characters but i also would put zeno from akazuki no yona in the list. Since he's the yellow dragon warrion his wounds heal imeaditly so he cant die.
    at the mean time of the anime he's older than 2000 years.

Sry for my bad english and my written mistakes

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ Your English is better than what I hear from some American high schoolers. What is your native tongue? I am sure whatever it is, no one here can speak it. So you have no need to apologize.

Palace of the Fans, Cincinnati

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

My orgin is german.I´m learning english in school for nearly 5 years now I think.By the way thanks for the praise. But how do you think about my request for adding Zeno to your list?

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    Threads

The Lord of Nightmares

Alucard

God

Belldandy

Urd

Skuld

Loki

Atem

Satan

Sebastian

Xellos
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by H4nnah305 View Post
    But how do you think about my request for adding Zeno to your list?
    Who is Zeno again?

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

He's a the immortal dragon warrior from the anime/manga Akatsuki no Yona. At the main time of the anime/manga he stopped counting how many years past, but he's older than 2000 years because the legends of the first Dragon warriors who were suposed to protect king Hiriyui are over 2000 years old.

Note: There are four dragons with different abilitys:one with a strong arm(white dragon), another one with a strong feet(green dragon), one with very good eyes(blue dragon)and the yellow dragon (Zeno)who doesnt die. Once one of the other three dragons passes away a newborn gets the powers of the dragon. This line passed on the last 2000 years so there are still dragon warriors.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

This guy?

And not this guy?

Nor him?

つき *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 001 - Bulbasaur Cowboy Hat Dr Who Tardis
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2021 04:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Even though Yato is a God, he can still die. He'll just be reborn again but it will be a different version of himself. And if people stop believing in him then if he does die he won't be reborn and he'll actually be dead. He's constantly trying to help people to stay relevant and remembered.

Does that really count as immortal?

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ It sort of sounds like the character Philly the Kid from Cannon Busters. I just started watching it. I don't know if I'm going to finish it. I like to give a series a chance, but this one is wearing my patience very thin.

Philly is not a god, but he is known as an immortal. He dies over and over again, only to come back alive and to do something stupid.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

yea the first guy

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by H4nnah305 View Post
    yea the first guy
    ?????????????????????????????

17. Likes *Tsuki* liked this post
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

you have sent three pictures and zeno is the first one so how do you think about him being immortal?

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Oh, that's what you are talking about.

Sorry. I can't answer your question. I haven't seen the series. I was only asking about it myself.

These three came up on Google images when I typed in Zeno. The last guy is stoned.

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

How could I forget Daughters of Mnemosyne? Rin is a green haired, near sighted, alcoholic, lesbian detective. And she is also immortal. So is her sidekick Mimi. Two for the price of one!

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

i only can recommend akatsuki no yona to you its storyline is in the anime a little bit short but if you read the manga too its story is very interesting

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Technically.. .all of them. Unless you use dip.

Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ Christopher Lloyd and the late Bob Hoskins -- two great and under-appreciated actors.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Wait, Bob's Hoskin's died?

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    Wait, Bob's Hoskin's died?
    Yup. Five years ago. https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001364/..._=nm_ov_bio_sm

He is missed.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Apparently not... though I guess he is now. He was a great Smee... twice.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Hoskins was great in most everything he did.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Anyway how are we defining "immortality" here? Eternal youth? Indestructibility? Undeath? Godhood? Being dead already?

28. Likes Digimon_Sommelier liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information