AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I am at a point of intellectual crisis with the Department of Defense

Senior Member Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter's Avatar
    Gil
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-13-2019 02:41 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default I am at a point of intellectual crisis with the Department of Defense

Life is strange. The more I think about my life and the events surrounding it, i feel like I am just along for the ride, watching the scenery go by. Years ago I worked with and around a Task Force in Afghanistan that consisted of SEAL's, Rangers, SF, MARSOC, and other agencies. I decided to google the task force today because I wanted to know what was public knowledge and open source. Apparently wiki-leaks exposed internal DOD documents and intel that tout the task force as basically a human hunting trip in Afghanistan.

It made me think. I remember the SEAL's talking about wanting to, "fill graveyards." At the time I took it as tough guy talk. Ranger Battalion guys have told me about their mission being killing people in order to get the real bad guys to expose themselves so that we could get into firefights with them. With the SEAL's we did Small Kill Teams (SKT's). I just assumed these were recon missions. Never participated in one. After seeing so much propaganda from the DOD, I don't know what to believe anymore. Pat Tillman, Jessica Lynch, Bowe Bergdahl, Operation Red Wings, the list goes on. The DOD will lie, slant, and fabricate without shame. There are jobs and academies that are only focused on psychological operations (Psy-Ops). The only purpose of psy-ops is to make people believe what the DOD wants them to believe.

Just had to vent.
    Last edited by Lightfighter; 12-24-2016 at 05:58 AM.

Senior Member Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-15-2017 08:13 AM
    Threads

Default Re: I am at a point of intellectual crisis with the Department of Defense

786 It has been fairly said that truth is the first casualty of war, and this applies as much to our own forces as it does to the civilian population. As a vet myself I tend to be more gung-ho about some things and more disillusioned about others. A newfound lack of trust (of the government) was actually one of the big reasons I never reenlisted. Warfare is a nasty business for all involved--always has been--and as Sun Tsu observed protracted warfare benefits no-one.

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-23-2019 10:35 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Default Re: I am at a point of intellectual crisis with the Department of Defense

But Sun Tzu ever had to deal with the weapons industry we have today. Where prolonged war benefits those that hock weapons, vehicles, and ammo to all sides; and warmongering is peoples' livelihoods.

I still believe that the whole of our SOC teams do what is right and only go after the bad guys, but having some do what is wrong (killing innocent people, drug running, etc.) is nothing new for us unfortunately. This is something we've been doing with and without the help of the CIA since at least Vietnam. But this is why I hold nothing against Chelsea Manning, Edward Snowden, and other whistle blowers; even as a Vet myself. They've helped get the truth out in my eyes. I just wish more truth got out.

Unfortunately, don't expect the chain of command to help or even know about what's really going on. There are people who have made it their life mission as middlemen/middlewomen to keep the people at the top from knowing what is really going on. This is why I don't hold a grudge against the Air Force Chief of Staff for believing morale on the Flight Line is "pretty darn good", when as a former 2A6X6 I know better. I know that officers and high ranking enlisted have spent their careers lying to those above them to paint a prettier picture than what is going on. So to me, the General is only relying what he had been told by those under him. He knows nothing about the 12, 16, 20+ hour shifts, constant working on the weekends, and the multitude of reasons why most of the Air Force's maintenance personnel is leaving at the first chance. He doesn't know that morale is non-existent, save from the troops' dirty jokes and stories they share; or that pride in what we do is only there if we're around civilians to save face for the USAF. Yet people are at a shock when our new CMSgt of the Air Force says we're 30,000 airmen short. Still I know that figure is lower than the truth.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

4. Likes Jean Markale liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information