AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ibex's failed "art"

Senior Member FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2017 02:41 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ThomasakaDes

Default Ibex's failed "art"

Here's my "art".
    Been quite fond of this flame thing lately, which you can see in the latest 3 or 4 sigs.
    I suck at lighting, blending and other basic stuff :P

Made today:

Yeasterday's fail:

This one I actually like, though it's lacking depth:

And lighting I see now.

Should've removed the wing thing on the right.

Wish there was more renders of this guy.

2. Likes La Féline liked this post
    Senior Member La Féline is just really nice La Féline is just really nice La Féline is just really nice La Féline is just really nice La Féline is just really nice La Féline's Avatar
    Gil
    Devilish
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-12-2017 08:14 PM
    Threads

Default Re: Ibex's failed "art"

Plight of the artist, being your biggest critic eh?
    To my untrained eyes, these look glorious.

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

2 tricks I've learned to that I think will help you. Because it looks like you're on the verge of making some nice stuff.

1st, every about 5-10 layers, apply a Black/White gradient map set multiply, lower the opacity to around 5-40 percent. This will control your lighting early one for later improvement. I've found that adding darkness to a tag in the finishing stages is much much harder to do than adding brightness to it. So more or less, the darker that tag is around the end, the easier it is to add cool effects. This is also a great way of training yourself to subtly add more detail. Because as your making the tag darker in the early stages, the detail gets hidden, so you have to be very crafty and selective about what you want to be popping out at the end.

2nd, Apply the image on a new layer, minimize it, set to lighten, erase. This is great for adding small lighting sources and detail that give the illusion of a lot of attention. It has the added benefit is adding detail that matches the rest of the tag. So, IE, if you do that and most of your lighting sources are circles, or lines, etc, the apply image will have the same sort of theme to it which will blend nicely with the tag. You can also toy with its positioning, flip it around to where you need it, erase it, mask it, whatever and you can make some amazing stuff from it.

5. Thanks FluffyDango thanked for this post
    Senior Member FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Thnx for the CnC
    I'll give that a shot

7. Thanks Vintniv thanked for this post
    Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2024 08:08 PM
    Threads

Looks like the work of a real pro.

Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Tried putting black/white gradient map on multiply pretty early in the sig. I liked the result of that. Got more depth and such.
    But didn't try more times throughout the making of it.
    I like it, though think it became too dull.
    Put many hours into it (though multitasking). Started with the idea of just having the spheres, but found a butterfly wing thing that I liked the effect it made xD
    Should've gone with a bokeh with smaller cirles than the one I used.

Annoys me a little bit that I found this render while looking for renders for the ava, it looks so much better than the render I used for the sig :P
    http://pre05.deviantart.net/6bd8/th/...ii-da517te.png
    Another time I guess.

Seeing as I'm out of my creative flow that I was in recently, don't expect to get one right away.
    But if anyone wants a sig and ava by me, post your favorite character(s) and I'll see what I can do.
    Last edited by FluffyDango; 12-09-2016 at 04:10 PM.

Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

(don't bother CNCing this one, was just a quicky)

Junior Member wanderingdream is on a distinguished road wanderingdream's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2016 07:57 PM
    Threads

i wish i could draw like that thats some cool art.

Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by wanderingdream View Post
    i wish i could draw like that thats some cool art.
    Those aren't drawings. Well the character used in them are, but not by me :P

Junior Member wanderingdream is on a distinguished road wanderingdream's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2016 07:57 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Ibex View Post
    Those aren't drawings. Well the character used in them are, but not by me :P
    ah thanks now i know haha

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information