AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: One Punch Man

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-18-2024 09:00 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default One Punch Man

So this past weekend saw the end of the run of One Punch Man on Cartoon Network’s late night Toonami. For those who missed it, is it worth catching? I would say so. This is a pretty good dumb, but fun spoof on the superhero sub-genre, which takes everything from that sub-genre and turns it on its head.

Saitama is your average, everyday nebbish who works hard to become strong just so he can become a superhero – for fun. His particular talent is to take out an adversary with just one punch. He gains a follower in Genos, a former human turned android who also seeks to become a superhero. Genos accepts Saitama as his master, even though Saitama has nothing to teach him. If anything, Genos is the one guiding Saitama through the organized world of superheroes overseen by the Hero Association. Saitama is under-appreciated, despite the fact that he is the strongest of all. Meanwhile all other superheroes come across as – well, parodies.

That’s the run down. Keep in mind despite his heroics and strength, Saitama is really an everyman. He represents the greatness which we all which to achieve, but is beyond our abilities. And he does this with unintentional humor.

Just out of curiosity, I did find clips with the original Japanese dub on YouTube, and I must say I like the English dub better. Max Mittleman (the name is perfect for this series) is much more suited to the role than his Japanese counterpart Makoko Furukawa. Mittleman gets the character totally right with almost a naïve innocence which takes even the most desperate situations as nothing abnormal.

One Punch Man is good for a laugh or two. There is violence and non-sexual nudity, so no this is not a kids’ anime. Just watch and don’t take too seriously.

Junior Member Jmenezes is on a distinguished road Jmenezes's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-03-2017 08:07 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: One Punch Man

Ummm. I was searching for the Lyrics correction forum. Couldn't find it so I'm posting it here. The last line from One Punch Man full op is missing could someone add it? The last line is (JPN) " I want to be a saikyou hero" (ENG) "Iwant to be the strongest hero".

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information