AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anime Series Which Really, Really Need Another Season

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Anime Series Which Really, Really Need Another Season

What anime series do you think needed an additional season? Either one season was not enough, or there was more than one season only with more story to tell, or you just simply wanted more. My top 5 from the bottom up, based on need:

5. Mouse. Only 13 minutes to each episode, but it told the story. Sarota is a mousy assistant art teacher by day becomes a master thief at night, with the aid of three sexy teachers who will do ANYTHING for him. There may not be more of a story to tell, but I still wanted more. I especially wanted to know what happens with Machiko, the high school girl who has a crush on him.

4. Ouran High School Host Club. Not my usual anime, but I enjoyed it. I especially wanted to see how the relationship between Tamaki and Haruhi develops.

I understand in the manga they fall in love, marry, and by the end have a child.
    You pretty much know that is coming.

3. The Twelve Kingdoms. This is a pretty good action fantasy. The problem is that the series ends before they get to all 12 kingdoms!

2. Trinity Blood. Now we get to the serious stuff. Not only does TB need a second season, but it needs to finish the first. Season one ended abruptly when the producer died. Why just not get a second producer? There already existed a manga series they could rely on to continue the story.

1. Deadman Wonderland. Obvious choice. Season 1 ends with Ganta trapped in prison, although he does have that cute airhead to keep him company.

But the airhead could very well be the monster who committed the murders which landed Ganta in prison in the first place.
    Supposedly bad ratings cancelled season 2. Someone from Japan please explain to me what there was not to like?

OK. Your turn. Discuss your choices.

Junior Member MyDistance is on a distinguished road MyDistance's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-31-2016 10:27 AM
    Threads

Default Re: Anime Series Which Really, Really Need Another Season

5. Kimi Ni Todoke - While this anime did have a 2nd season, it ignored a lot of what was established in the 1st. Sawako was starting to become more confident in herself, and Kazehaya became so much closer to Sawako. Enter season 2 though. It is almost as if the character development and the memories between our characters were forgotten, and they went ahead on continuing the story. A proper continuation is definitely needed.

4. Bounen No Xamdou - What an incredible world this was. A certain character is currently "away", but I would love to see how the world has changed when he/she comes back, and what calamity may follow.

3. Sankarea - I would like to see more of Rea and Chihiro. Rea specifically. I want to see her live a normal life. Through all the troubles she will get herself into, and all the smiles and tears that will follow, I want to see her and Chihiro experience more together now that she is "free."

2. Hourou Musuko - One of my favorite animes out there. It deals with gender idenity, and being a transgender while going through school. While I couldn't relate, the narrative was stellar, and you could really feel the struggle of our protagonists. I know there was more to the manga, so if it was adapted into a 2nd season, I would be extremely happy.

1. Kino No Tabi - Let's be real. This anime was beyond amazing. I am sure there are many people out there who were expecting an animation studio to adapt more of the light novel series, but unfortunately, the novels didn't do too well in Japan from what I understand. This is very unfortunate, as this anime wasn't afraid to show how bad this world can be, and how beautiful. I loved it for that.
    Last edited by MyDistance; 08-27-2016 at 08:30 PM.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by MyDistance View Post
    5. Kimi Ni Todoke - While this anime did have a 2nd season, it ignored a lot of what was established in the 1st. Sawako was starting to become more confident in herself, and Kazehaya became so much closer to Sawako. Enter season 2 though. It is almost as if the character development and the memories between our characters were forgotten, and they went ahead on continuing the story. A proper continuation is definitely needed.
    I am not familiar with this particular anime, nor any of the others you mentioned. But getting to the question of redoing a second season always brings to my mind Gunslinger Girl. Season 1 ended with the apparent death of one of the girls (I forget her name), while the others are enjoying each other's company watching fireworks. It was the perfect downer of an ending clearly marking that the girls are doomed -- even if it did vary from the manga.

In season 2, the girl is revived! After that, I am told the series matches the anime totally -- and it totally goes downhill. I would have preferred it to stay darker, rather than semi-dark. How about instead of a fight to the death, Triela and Pinocchio develop an attraction to each other? They break their conditioning and try to run away together. But hunted by both sides, they realize they are just delaying their fate. Rather than surrender when cornered, they take each other's lives dying in each other's arms. It would have been much more effective than the cliche ending from the manga.

Changing the art style didn't help much either.

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    I am not familiar with this particular anime, nor any of the others you mentioned. But getting to the question of redoing a second season always brings to my mind Gunslinger Girl. Season 1 ended with the apparent death of one of the girls (I forget her name), while the others are enjoying each other's company watching fireworks. It was the perfect downer of an ending clearly marking that the girls are doomed -- even if it did vary from the manga.

In season 2, the girl is revived! After that, I am told the series matches the anime totally -- and it totally goes downhill. I would have preferred it to stay darker, rather than semi-dark. How about instead of a fight to the death, Triela and Pinocchio develop an attraction to each other? They break their conditioning and try to run away together. But hunted by both sides, they realize they are just delaying their fate. Rather than surrender when cornered, they take each other's lives dying in each other's arms. It would have been much more effective than the cliche ending from the manga.

Changing the art style didn't help much either.
    I actually agree with 3 of your animes, which would have only been 2 if I had not seen your recommendation, Mouse, but I will make a full post on that later. I have seen Gunslinger Girl, and I actually have yet to see Season 2 fully for that reason. It was Angelica I believe that died. Such a shame, considering how much I loved Season 1. It just felt like all the meaning built up on S1 went to waste almost.
    Last edited by MyDistance; 08-28-2016 at 06:19 PM.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ I hope I didn't ruin season 2 for you. Just consider it an anime unrelated to season 1, and maybe it will work out.

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

@PictureGuy Don't worry. One thing you will know about me is thst spoilers or anything related, does not effect me at all. And hard to say if I will ever watch S2, but who knows. I might give it a try one day when I have run out of animes to watch.

Senior Member Shiro Akuma is a splendid one to behold Shiro Akuma is a splendid one to behold Shiro Akuma is a splendid one to behold Shiro Akuma is a splendid one to behold Shiro Akuma is a splendid one to behold Shiro Akuma is a splendid one to behold Shiro Akuma is a splendid one to behold Shiro Akuma is a splendid one to behold Shiro Akuma's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-29-2016 11:27 PM
    Threads

Skip Beat!, Silver Spoon, Slam Dunk, and as already mentioned Twelve Kingdoms.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information