AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Pokémon: Uranium" Ordered to be Taken Down by Nintendo

🐮🔪 "I'll see it when I believe it" 🐮🔪 ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Cookie Cookie Hedgehog
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-16-2023 02:57 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    The corner of Everywhere and Nowhere, ya dig?
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: TwilightWolf2508 Steam ID: zombiewolf2508

Default "Pokémon: Uranium" Ordered to be Taken Down by Nintendo

So the extremely popular fan made game "Pokémon: Uranium" has been removed by order of Nintendo.

https://mynintendonews.com/2016/08/1...edium=facebook

Honestly not surprised. They've been getting more and more uptight about these things. Kind of a crappy thing to do
    Last edited by ZombieWolf2508; 08-15-2016 at 01:30 PM.

My mood on a daily basis

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

Default Re: "Pokémon: Uranium" Ordered to be Taken Down by Nintendo

It's Nintendo, the people trying to capitalize on LPs. They have a history of not respecting their fan base and third party developers.

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Crappy of them? Don't respect?

Nintendo does not need to respect those who try to capitalize on their own work and creations. Nintendo has spent 20 something years and a LOT of money to make Pokemon what it is today. No one is entitled to Nintendo's hard work throughout the years making their IP's what they are known for today.

They are Nintendos, not yours.

If I invested and made millions off of something I'd want it to myself. Who are you to demand that I have to 'share my creation for free' because you're a "fan". Real fans respect the works and their creators, not try to take a piece of it and capitalize on it for nothing and then scream bloody murder when they're told 'no'. That's not a fan, that's just being borderline greedy & demanding.

Come up with your own original content rather than band-waging off of another piece of work because they did all the hard stuff for you.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Same thing happened to that Chrono Trigger fan-game, IIRC.

I'm not surprised. It's a dick-move for them to just shut down something that's showing the popularity of Nintendo's series but at the same time Nintendo has every right to do so because "copyrights". Not much you can do about that.

I'm surprised Pokemon isn't dead yet, anyway.
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    Nintendo does not need to respect those who try to capitalize on their own work and creations.
    Annnnnnnnd that's where you should have done your research. It was free to download.

Though I agree with people saying that if they are gonna waste nine years of their lives making a game, they should of just made their own....or at least make a Sega fan-made game since they do respect their fans, somewhat. (Sonic Mania and stuff)

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou+ View Post
    Annnnnnnnd that's where you should have done your research. It was free to download.

Though I agree with people saying that if they are gonna waste nine years of their lives making a game, they should of just made their own....or at least make a Sega fan-made game since they do respect their fans, somewhat. (Sonic Mania and stuff)
    Sonic Mania is an officially-licensed game though (developed by the same guys that created the iOS/Android remasters of Sonic CD, 1 & 2). I can see the comparison but there's still a lot of difference here. :/

Free or not, it's a copyright issue that Nintendo are being super-anal about. :/

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ranshiin View Post
    Sonic Mania is an officially-licensed game though (developed by the same guys that created the iOS/Android remasters of Sonic CD, 1 & 2). I can see the comparison but there's still a lot of difference here. :/

Free or not, it's a copyright issue that Nintendo are being super-anal about. :/
    You missed my point, Ran. Sega cares enough about their fans to hire these people instead of shutting them down. If they made a Sonic game, they probably would have been the next group Sega hired or something, maybe.

In other words, Sega gave Christian Whitehead an opportunity...while Nintendo is killing their franchises (Metroid) and disappointing their fans. Like damn, Nintendo didn't do crap for Metroid's anniversary.

If people really want to send a message they should just boycott Nintendo and not get the NX and the next big 3DS titles but we know that isn't going to happen so Nintendo is never going to learn.
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 08-16-2016 at 10:57 AM.

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Crappy of them? Don't respect?

Nintendo does not need to respect those who try to capitalize on their own work and creations. Nintendo has spent 20 something years and a LOT of money to make Pokemon what it is today. No one is entitled to Nintendo's hard work throughout the years making their IP's what they are known for today.
    I would agree if they where looking to make money off of it but they were not. I look at these things as no different then fan art. Or the sigs you and I have both made using anime characters we don't own.

They are Nintendos, not yours.
    Yes they are.

If I invested and made millions off of something I'd want it to myself. Who are you to demand that I have to 'share my creation for free' because you're a "fan". Real fans respect the works and their creators, not try to take a piece of it and capitalize on it for nothing and then scream bloody murder when they're told 'no'. That's not a fan, that's just being borderline greedy & demanding.
    If that's your thought you should delete all sigs/fan art you've made with characters you do not own. After all real fans don't build on things others have created that they like.

Come up with your own original content rather than band-waging off of another piece of work because they did all the hard stuff for you.
    Think I've covered this with the above replies. This is no different then fan art. Yet people sell those. This wasn't being sold and offered as is. It has no impact on Nintendo.

9. Thanks Hanamaru Kunikida thanked for this post
    Likes .:neuko:., Hanamaru Kunikida liked this post
    Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou+ View Post
    You missed my point, Ran. Sega cares enough about their fans to hire these people instead of shutting them down. If they made a Sonic game, they probably would have been the next group Sega hired or something, maybe.

In other words, Sega gave Christian Whitehead an opportunity...while Nintendo is killing their franchises (Metroid) and disappointing their fans. Like damn, Nintendo didn't do crap for Metroid's anniversary.

If people really want to send a message they should just boycott Nintendo and not get the NX and the next big 3DS titles but we know that isn't going to happen so Nintendo is never going to learn.
    Oh yeah, good point.

Derp for me.

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Quote Originally Posted by GameGeeks View Post
    I would agree if they where looking to make money off of it but they were not. I look at these things as no different then fan art. Or the sigs you and I have both made using anime characters we don't own.

Yes they are.

If that's your thought you should delete all sigs/fan art you've made with characters you do not own. After all real fans don't build on things others have created that they like.

Think I've covered this with the above replies. This is no different then fan art. Yet people sell those. This wasn't being sold and offered as is. It has no impact on Nintendo.
    Just because it's not being sold doesn't mean it's not wrong. There's 0 quality control for Nintendo. What if someone snuck in something NSFW into it and someone didn't know that it wasn't Nintendo's doing? It could ruin their reputation.

Fanart shouldn't be sold either and it still infringes on copyright but most companies don't bother, some allow it. It's up to the companies discretion what they wish to allow and is well within their rights too after all they created it. To demand or to take that away from them goes to show you're just a greedy person.

But making an actual app is absolutely not the same as a drawing.

And the signatures are copyright infringements too. I do not deny. If someone was like "You can't use that image I drew for your signature" I'd be like "ok" and remove it. It's their right to say it if they don't want it used for anything (which most of them don't) though. I'm aware at what it is. I'm not entitled to anyone elses work because I'm a "fan".

People who think that they can do whatever they want with other peoples works are not fans.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

What if someone snuck in something NSFW into it and someone didn't know that it wasn't Nintendo's doing? It could ruin their reputation.
    While a valid point, everyone who downloaded both Another Metroid 2 Remake and Pokemon Uranium knows that Nintendo have nothing to do with those games.

Besides, knowing how anal they are, anyone smart enough to make a game knows that adding NSFW is just suicide to their project since it will tainting Nintendo's property and will have a valid reason to shut it down.

People who think that they can do whatever they want with other peoples works are not fans.
    Sega, the company who is almost as anal as Nintendo (at least the Japanese division), disagrees. If they felt disrespected, they wouldn't have hired Christian Whitehead to work on Sonic Mania.

And yes, the three of us already get that Nintendo can do whatever they want but shutting down a project that was made as a homage to a franchise's 30th anniversary (Metroid) plus completing forgetting about it. Yup, that's cool.

The analogy doesn't work 100% but in cases like Metroid, it's like the kid that has so many toys but won't play with them but won't let others play with them either. It's his toys so he has every right but then he's just a prick too.

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Just because it's not being sold doesn't mean it's not wrong. There's 0 quality control for Nintendo. What if someone snuck in something NSFW into it and someone didn't know that it wasn't Nintendo's doing? It could ruin their reputation.
    Kaitou covered it.

Fanart shouldn't be sold either and it still infringes on copyright but most companies don't bother, some allow it. It's up to the companies discretion what they wish to allow and is well within their rights too after all they created it. To demand or to take that away from them goes to show you're just a greedy person.
    No one is taking anything from anyone.

But making an actual app is absolutely not the same as a drawing.
    How is it any different then a sig or a drawing? It in the end has the same impact as a drawing to Nintendo. Only difference is it's interactive. Not to mention you could get into the whole video games as art debate.

And the signatures are copyright infringements too. I do not deny. If someone was like "You can't use that image I drew for your signature" I'd be like "ok" and remove it. It's their right to say it if they don't want it used for anything (which most of them don't) though. I'm aware at what it is. I'm not entitled to anyone elses work because I'm a "fan".
    And the creators of Uranium recognized this. They took it down before they received a letter from Nintendo personally.
    Just because Nintendo can do something doesn't mean they are right. And the issue isn't about copyright at the heart but Nintendo not giving two Magikarps about their fans. Nintendo has massive issues when it comes to how they conduct business and people aren't happy about how they're going about things. There are so many better options then just turning your back on these projects.

And lets not forget 2.5D Legend of Zelda (Language Warning):

The true fan demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-19-2019 05:20 PM
    Threads

If you think sega doesn't take down fan made games, then you're sorely mistaken as they took down a streets of rage remake in 2011 and there's also this little shining force thing where they flagged videos so that their trailer could get top spot.

SEGA does what nintendon't, I don't think so.

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by demonix View Post
    If you think sega doesn't take down fan made games, then you're sorely mistaken as they took down a streets of rage remake in 2011 and there's also this little shining force thing where they flagged videos so that their trailer could get top spot.

I didn't disregard it, that's why I called them anal too.

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

ZzzzzzzzzzzzZz

(They aren't taking them to court but still...)

The Black Swordsman Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Soras Keyblade Mario ZStar Autobots
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-26-2019 02:22 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Thrain Steam ID: Discade

It's Nintendo...nuff said tbh haha.
    "Kill a man, one is a murderer. Kill a million, a conqueror. Kill them all, a god."

Xbox Live: Thrain
    MyAnimeList: iRhya

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Nanobyte's minion SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Luna Cake Lie Soras Keyblade
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-20-2017 06:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1596-5790-7816-3407

What I'm wondering is if that game would have been allowed to stay active if they just got rid of the "Pokemon" in the title. Sure it has similar assets from the pokemon games and whatnot, but if it is free would they leave it alone? Heck, just call the Pokemon monsters instead and change any item with the Poke- prefix to something or other.

I'm surprised they haven't DMCA'd the Escape from Lavender Town game.

Senior Member .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2020 04:24 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by demonix View Post

It's not a case of Sega either does or doesn't. It's a corporation, and will do whatever it takes to make a profit. Right now it makes more sense for Sega be all sweet and fan-friendly at a time when Nintendo is doing the exact opposite. Basically, it's exploiting Nintendo's recent DMCA take-down sprees and looking like the good guy in comparison.

Now where have I heard this before? Oh yeah, remember that time when Microsoft unveiled its DRM/Kinect-happy XBox One and after the negative feedback, Sony took the opportunity to pull a Sony-doesn't-do-what-Microsoft-does-to-spoil-your-gaming? Fast-forward to 2016 and it seems that Microsoft has done a complete 180 with the XBox One while Sony has got complacent and made some bad decisions with the PS4.

Not buying it, Sega. Fool me once; shame on you. Fool me twice; shame on me.
    Last edited by .:neuko:.; 10-09-2016 at 05:20 AM.

🐮🔪 Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-13-2019 08:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Was Pokemon Uranium ever sold? Did it cut out potential customers from buying official Pokemon products? If not, then Nintendo should have left the game alone. Taking down fan made games just is going to get Nintendo bad PR.

I only wish this thread was posted BEFORE Nintendo took the game down, and included a link to download it, so I could download it and play it before Nintendo got around to taking down the game. I really think that game sounds interesting. Does anybody here know of an alternative download site for the game?
    Click the banner to visit my website.

My website is still under construction, so please visit it often to see it as it grows. You may have to press F5 to refresh the page if there's something new that's not showing (in some rare cases, you may have to use Ctrl+F5). If you wish to contact me about my site and are a member of Animeforum, PM me. If you are just a guest visiting Animeforum, please use [email protected]

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information