AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Short line lyric translation request - Mag Mell, Riya/Eufonius. Details in desc

Junior Member chillbro88 is on a distinguished road chillbro88's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-07-2016 11:45 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Question Short line lyric translation request - Mag Mell, Riya/Eufonius. Details in desc

Song Name "Mag Mell" - Original Soundtrack
    Lyrics by Riya
    Music by Eufonius

Specific line in question starts at 3:46 in the first linked video. I'm talking about the words after "kitto". Animelyrics, along with every other site, does not contain information on the words that come after "kitto" despite words clearly being sung.

I've made posts on various websites attempting to find the translation of last few lines of this song for years, honestly it's beginning to really bother me.

I'd really like to know what it says, it could be the key to understanding the theme of the entire show (probably not).

I can not tell if the line in question is in Japanese or another language, perhaps Gaelic considering the show.

To me it sounds like:

plea-standi ah
    wake-e-uh begis bedeh-gu
    wake-e-uh begis bede-say

bee-tehtu cleti-ti-to
    bee-tehtu fedel-tay-ah
    bee-tehtu cleti-ti-uh
    bee-tehtu fedel-tay-ah

Song from the anime

From the VN

From animelyrics
    http://www.animelyrics.com/game/clannad/megumeru.htm

Thank you to anyone who responds.
    ~Chillbro88
    Last edited by chillbro88; 06-07-2016 at 11:47 AM.

AnimeLyrics Admin
    EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2020 10:24 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: xenographer Steam ID: xen0glossy

Default Re: Short line lyric translation request - Mag Mell, Riya/Eufonius. Details in desc

It's definitely not Japanese. It's entirely possible that it's not any real language and that's why no translation exists.

Junior Member chillbro88 is on a distinguished road chillbro88's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-07-2016 11:45 AM
    Threads

Default Re: Short line lyric translation request - Mag Mell, Riya/Eufonius. Details in desc

Thank you for responding.

Yeah unfortunately that would make a lot of sense. I know that some writers like to use made up words/sounds in their songs, Yoko Kanno comes to mind.

I wish I had Riya's phone number so I could just call and ask, but it looks like I'll just go with my translation.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    bambooXZX will become famous soon enough bambooXZX's Avatar
    Gil
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-18-2023 04:37 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

http://ototoy.jp/feature/2014031100

――個性的といえば、riyaさんの造語コーラスがあるじゃないですか。あのアプローチを始めたきっかけっ ていうのは?

riya : やってるのはすごく前からなんですよ。eufoniusを始める以前の話で、自分で曲を作ってた時代にはも うやってましたね。私、英語がしゃべれなくて。 英語に限らず、外国語全般ですね。それをなんとかしたいと思ったのがきっかけなんです(笑)。最初は既存の 言語をなんとなく読み方を変えて作ったりしてた んですけど、もう時間がかかって埒が明かなくなっちゃって。むしろ、そういうのよりも音の流れに対して気持 ちのいい言葉を自分で作って乗せた方がいいなっ て考えて、造語にしました。

――ぶっちゃけ、英語がしゃべれなくても英詞で歌ってるアーティストもいると思いますけど(笑) 。

riya : あははは(笑)。そうですね。でも、私の英語はあまりにもダメなんですよ。完全にカタカナ英語になっちゃう から。それよりは造語の方がしっくりくる。

菊地 : それに、英語だと意味ができちゃうじゃないですか。僕らは間奏で造語コーラスを使うことも多いから、意味が ない方がいいというか。メロディーに合わせてなんとなく言葉が欲しいときに、楽器の音色みたいな感じでよく 使ってますね。ヴォーカルとはまったく違うものとして捉えてて、棲み分けも楽器との分離もすごくいいんです よ。

Translated (emphasis in the final section added by me):

--Speaking of individuality, there's riya-san's chorus of invented words, isn't there? What's the story of how you started using that approach?

riya: I've been doing it for a very long time. I was already doing it before I was in eufonius, when I was making my own songs. I couldn't speak English - not just English, but foreign languages in general. I wanted to do something about that, and that's what started it all (*laughs*). At first, I'd take existing languages and change the pronunciations in various ways, but it just took a lot of time and slowed down progress. I thought, instead of doing that, it would actually be better to make words myself, words that felt good by the way they flowed with the sound, and use those, so I decided to invent words.

--To be frank, I think there are also artists who can't speak English but sing in it anyway, though (*laughs*).

riya: Ahahaha (*laughs*), I guess so. But my English is just way too terrible. It all completely turns into katakana pronunciation. The invented words come out better.

Kikuchi: Plus, when you use English, it has meaning, doesn't it? We use these choruses often during interludes, so it's better for them to not mean anything, kind of. We use them a lot when we just want words that match the melody, much like the timbre of an instrument. They're taken completely differently from the main vocals, and they're also really nicely separated from the instruments.
    Last edited by bambooXZX; 06-08-2016 at 09:32 AM.

5. Thanks EJTranslations thanked for this post
    Likes Rei liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information