AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: ........Depressing animes....

100% Vitamin C Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-21-2008 08:57 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

What anime(S) do you think are the most depressing? You know, you watch a certain anime and you just feel kinda depressed after watching it.
    For me it was Boogiepop Phantom,I loved it but it made me feel so sad when it ended. So many people died.....And it also crammed so much crappy logic in my head I literally was confused at the end.
    You much accept this world.........
    Theres a spider on your heart..............
    Phooe!
    -Back! From Outer Space!-
    -Soldats Royal Family-

Senior Member Fixxi is on a distinguished road Fixxi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-11-2007 05:44 PM
    Threads

the most depressing anime for me was evangelion.. i know that evangelion was actually adults' anime, and evangelion was/is difficult to understand even for adults, the "true meaning", but i enjoyed it. but it was depressing how it ended.. the end of evangelion.. yups. everybody died except shinji and asuka.. i still don't understand few things though..

i usually watch/read shoujo(?) manga/animes, which all usually have a happy endings. so evangelion was the only one i could actually remember..

Whether you like it or not, i'm back. Deal with it.

Senior Member Weetzie Bat Weetzie Bat's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-15-2004 11:15 AM
    Threads

I'd say Gunnm. Even though I was watching it with a room full of friends, I cried at the end.

Senior Member acamori has much to be proud of acamori has much to be proud of acamori has much to be proud of acamori has much to be proud of acamori has much to be proud of acamori has much to be proud of acamori has much to be proud of acamori has much to be proud of acamori has much to be proud of acamori has much to be proud of acamori's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-14-2005 06:34 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

for me i think it'd be the soultaker series. i loved it, but there was a lot of sadness in it (not to mention just plain wierdness)
    Sanity is a stereotype I wish not to be associated with, the same applies to normality.
    my MiniTokyo Gallery if you want bigger walls.

Member Dark Warrior Of Death Dark Warrior Of Death's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-17-2003 06:38 PM
    Threads

Some Big O, Boogiepop Phantom, and Eva seemed depressing....but I didnt really watch them all, Im more interested in action than something that gets me depressed.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-09-2003 03:16 AM
    Threads

Even talking about depressing episodes makes me depressed. I dont really know any depressing Anime's though, but Ive heard BlueSub6 was depressing.

100% Vitamin C Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-21-2008 08:57 PM
    Threads

Yeah there are depressing animes everywhere. Another big one to add to the list would be Petshop of Horrors. It tries to fiddle with humor at times, like the fact that the shopkeeper LOVES sweets but it really remains depressing but filling. Everyone disobeyed the shopkeepers directions and died. Except that girl with the doberman pincher. I liked that story.
    -Back! From Outer Space!-
    -Soldats Royal Family-

Wild Card! SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-06-2017 02:05 PM
    Threads

There is one undisputed champion of the Depressing Anime Title

Grave of the Fireflies (Hotaru no Haka)

Why?

Because an entire movie about two children as they suffer through World War II sure as hell isn't your average picnic. No single anime even comes close to how depressing this movie is.

So in other words its brilliant

Senior Member slyfoxx06 slyfoxx06's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2005 01:29 PM
    Threads

Yeah, i thought that the soultaker series was actually pretty depressing. I missed about half of it, but i still kinda got the whole point. It's sad how kyosuke always ended up with the short end of the stick when it came to just about everything. I felt a little better after seeing the last episode, but there was part of me that wished that would never happen. (even though i doubt any of that will happen within the next 50 years, so im all set.)

Like a boss! tiv has a reputation beyond repute tiv has a reputation beyond repute tiv has a reputation beyond repute tiv has a reputation beyond repute tiv has a reputation beyond repute tiv has a reputation beyond repute tiv has a reputation beyond repute tiv has a reputation beyond repute tiv has a reputation beyond repute tiv has a reputation beyond repute tiv has a reputation beyond repute tiv's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-13-2012 08:12 PM
    Threads

grave of the fireflies

and dbz O_o because that makes my brain sad...
    Just a couple quotes here that amuse me:

'Have you seen my feet, my investigatin' feet?!'
    --The Cat ~Red Dwarf~

'I'm the world's happiest tool.'
    --Reese ~Malcom in the Middle

'And remember: Tuesday is Soylent Green day.'
    --Soylent Green

'The bread is delicious.'
    --Medal of Honor

~~Tivian Talous~~

Member DivineSorceressX DivineSorceressX's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-18-2004 03:38 AM
    Threads

Big O, Eva, X-1999, Angel Sanctuary, Hellsing, Ceres (well Ceres, X and Hellsing isn't that depressing, but in the end, it kinda gets sad).

Senior Member oOoKenshinoOo oOoKenshinoOo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-28-2004 04:48 PM
    Threads

Eva was pretty depressing, DBZ made me want to kill myself because it's so redundant. The most depressing anime i've EVER seen is gungrave. That's just SAD stuff right there. Also, full metal alchemist's 25th episode really was sad.
    <span style='color:black'><center><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>&quot;We&#39;re all trapped on this planet for a reason. Killing and bloodshed is the endless waltz of life, that it is.&quot;~Kenshin</span></center></span>
    <center></center>
    <span style='color:blue'><center><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>&quot;She&#39;s a myth i have to believe in, all i have to make her real, is one more reason.&quot;~Slipknot</span></center></span>
    <center></center>

Ace Kaitous YOU Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Hat Rayman Baboon With A Gun Bioshock Syringe
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-23-2024 09:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: kaitou ace42 PSN ID: kaitou42 Steam ID: kaitou_ace

If you want sad anime, look for saikano (Saishuu Heiki Kanojo - She, the ultimate weapon), a touching love story between a boy, and a girl (who gets kidnapped by the government and made into a killing machine cyborg to fight in the war that they are desperately loosing, with a lot of civilian casualties).

Quite sad, that one. Also Full Metal Alchemist has some very sad moments in it.

CANDY POWER!!! Sweet_Angel has much to be proud of Sweet_Angel has much to be proud of Sweet_Angel has much to be proud of Sweet_Angel has much to be proud of Sweet_Angel has much to be proud of Sweet_Angel has much to be proud of Sweet_Angel has much to be proud of Sweet_Angel has much to be proud of Sweet_Angel has much to be proud of Sweet_Angel has much to be proud of Sweet_Angel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-16-2007 06:38 AM
    Threads

I think think cyborg 009 is kinda sad.

Closed Thread

Thread Information