AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Thread: Why are people afraid of debating here or engaging lately?

Threaded View

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Default Re: Why are people afraid of debating here or engaging lately?

Quote Originally Posted by MAL OR AF View Post
    Hold on, buddy! Please don't take my thread and adjust the meaning behind my claims! Actually, what you're saying implies smart conversations could of increased and not adjusted in the other direction! Don't you agree that if vocabulary increased (maybe even ten fold!) that conversations should of gotten far stronger? Well, that is clearly not the case! Also, allow me to point out that growing up has actually a stronger impact on smarter conversations and all that jazz!
    No, what I'm trying to imply is that your perception of a strong debate and a "quality" post are skewed because of the people around that were using strong and informative techniques and such when conversing. Hence why I said the thing about if you look back to their older posts when AF was a young site, the perception might change. Just like how I'm slightly adamant about practicing decent grammar and spelling because of all the grammar Nazis that were in AF Chat when I first started going there. If you took their examples of a quality post or good debate out of the argument, how would you quantity or qualify the different levels of postings and debates? Particularly, which is good and which is bad?

You keep implying I want hostile debates in the second paragraph, and that just indicates you aren't reading my entire posts or allowing my points to soak in! Actually, if you're hostile when debating all the time then you likely live in your parent's basement. Actually, most of the paragraph is straying from my point. If you're going to debate, stay relevant champ!
    If you feel I was implying that, then I'm sorry. I wasn't implying or trying to imply that you wanted such things. I was merely making a conjecture off of side point that was brought up earlier (albeit not by you). The intention was purely that the forms of debate we know of and prefer are pretty much dead online everywhere, because people would rather be trolls than hold serious discussions.

As Deathblade officially hits the point of no return in terms of logical thinking! I predicted in this very thread somebody would say: "do it yourself"!!! Well DB, what do you call this? What do you call the points made in my posts up until now? You keep dodging the issue by bringing up the serious discussion section, but that's proof smart debating is vastly adjusted!
    Look, the thing is that everyone has the ability and free reign to make such serious discussions. What limits them is not the site or the crowd. What do I call this? A good effort. But one good effort isn't going to do much if there isn't more to back it up (ie: Your thread about Bernie Sanders helping add more serious discussions). And if you had read my one sentence bringing up Serious Talk in my last post, you might've caught that point. Because a collective effort for more serious discussion, that might be seen as too mature for a PG-13 site, is what made that sub section, not just one person's whim.

Yes my "Do it yourself" attitude may be cliché, but that's just the type of person I am. I may gripe and moan about all sorts of things, but I'm still working on how to fix the issue while I'm griping. That said, what am I dodging? Your complaint? No, I'm here responding to you. Responsibility to my section by saying "Do it yourself"? No, but trying to force serious debates isn't going to help either. The issue in and of itself? No, because I'm all for more serious discussions. But why should I have to go start a serious thread because you feel there aren't enough of them?
    Last edited by DeathBlade/13.666; 06-05-2016 at 04:45 PM.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Thread Information