AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Give Elsa a Girlfriend?

The Black Swordsman Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Soras Keyblade Mario ZStar Autobots
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-26-2019 02:22 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Thrain Steam ID: Discade

Default Re: Give Elsa a Girlfriend?

If I'm not mistaken, isn't there a lesbian couple in Finding Dory? I haven't seen the movie yet so don't quote me on that. That being said, it seems like a lot of people are pushing for this kind of stuff in Disney lately. I don't see it as an issue, but it seems unnecessary to add that in there as Disney movies are usually targeted for children.
    "Kill a man, one is a murderer. Kill a million, a conqueror. Kill them all, a god."

Xbox Live: Thrain
    MyAnimeList: iRhya

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Quote Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, isn't there a lesbian couple in Finding Dory? I haven't seen the movie yet so don't quote me on that. That being said, it seems like a lot of people are pushing for this kind of stuff in Disney lately. I don't see it as an issue, but it seems unnecessary to add that in there as Disney movies are usually targeted for children.
    I've heard about that, but the argument would still be that the couple aren't Disney Royalty persay. Where as Elsa having a girlfriend would still make her the first lesbian Disney princess.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    Threads

Geez. next you guys will be arguing against Xena and Gabrielle.

Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    Geez. next you guys will be arguing against Xena and Gabrielle.
    No, that debate's almost as old as the show Xena itself.

With that said. I'm gonna have to ask you to stop posting so many pictures and videos... Every post of your's in this thread is littered with them. Normally it's fine and cool, but seriously you're just getting ridiculous with this. You don't need 3 pictures and a video that are barely related to the topic to make your point. All in all, it's at the point that it just looks like you're spamming and nothing else.

NOW, let's get back to the topic.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

5. Thanks Vaishu thanked for this post
    Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Okay, i'll keep it down to one.

And it's not really a debate. True love. Soul mates. Kissed awake from enchanted sleeps. Even got married.

Anyway you guys are acting like this is new. Seriously you've seen lesbians in anime since Sailor Moon aired (4kids! editing be darned!) and even ignoring anime and sticking to American made shows adult shows like the Simpsons up to Drawn Together and even kids shows like Adventure Time, My Little Pony. Kim Possible, Avatar, Legend of Korra, Steven Universe, etc. have had lesbian characters for a while. Disney's done it. Nick's done it. The WB/CW, Fox, Marvel, DC... it's been done.

Are people really so insecure in their own sexuality that they believe that they can be turned gay by two girls kissing in a children's cartoon?

Do you honestly believe that seeing one Disney-style princess falling in love with another woman will just flip a switch in a person's head?

Because it's that's true...

BAM!

You're gay now and can stop complaining.

And let's face it, at this point if they did give her a boyfriend everyone would just accuse Disney of punking out and caving.
    Last edited by Clayton_n; 06-04-2016 at 02:58 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Or Elsa could just say single. Why is there a need for her to have a lover?

WOW!!!! Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts AK47 American Flag Ribbon Systems N64
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2023 04:18 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WootenClen

Forget about Elsa getting a girlfriend- I'm more concerned with the fact that frozen is getting a sequel.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by DeathBlade/13.666 View Post
    Or Elsa could just say single. Why is there a need for her to have a lover?
    because people like lesbians. Also like I said, Merida stayed single. It's been done. Now we need a lesbian.

After that we can get a Japanese princess, an African princess, and maybe an alien Disney princess.
    Last edited by Clayton_n; 06-08-2016 at 01:00 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

You say that like relationships haven't been done before. Granted a lesbian princess may be new, but in the end who really cares? Of course the perverts, then the people being pandered too, but who else? In the end it's just another love story. Talk about passé. At least the first Frozen, and even Brave, broke that by having the message of family over relationships. I mean the last original love story I've heard was N.I.B by Black Sabbath.

That said, with everyone flipping out over there being a lesbian couple in Finding Dory, it will be interesting to see how this topic continues until the sequel's release date.

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

Not sure it's a good idea for her to have one from a story telling standpoint. They still have the Anna and Kristoff relationship to flesh out. Throwing another romance into the mix will just complicate the story more then it needs to be. Best to keep the subplots down. Tends to make for a better movie when you aren't juggling too many things. Just look at the Batman vs. Superman movie as an example.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

You say that like relationships haven't been done before. Granted a lesbian princess may be new, but in the end who really cares? .

Disney's redoing the finale for the "it's a small world" ride and needs diverse princesses.

Last edited by Clayton_n; 06-10-2016 at 01:44 PM.

Senior Member someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast's Avatar
    Gil
    Nerdy
    Gifts Red Dango Kill Bill Katana Shuriken
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2016 08:12 AM
    Threads

I think the issue is not in whether she should or shouldn't but more ground on why force the subject?

She could have a really close friend, she could have a husband. It is what is socially acceptable. They don't have to make a full lesbian out of a character to appease a group. If that is the route they go then they do that, but as a parent it is not something you need force to the target audience. Let them get to that point when they get to that age.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

She has a really close friend. her sister. Didn't you see Frozen?

The other princesses except merida HAVE husbands. Including her sister. (though not Ariel's sister because of certain anatomical problems) That's why Elsa and Merida are currently the main candidates to get girlfriends.

And it's not to appease, it'a about providing a princess for young lesbian girls. Like how these days most of the princesses actually kick some butt instead of waiting for a guy. Nobody is forcing it, it's just happening. It's not like they're making you take the kids to see it... your kids will do that. They are just providing the option.

On that note though, suppose they don't use Elsa. Instead they can make up another princess. Since quite soon they WILL have a lesbian princess, can you think of a good fairy tale that would work? How would you do it? (keeping in mind that Mulan is not a princess)

By the way, people keep using the word "pervert". Exactly what do you think is going to happen in a girl-loves-girl story that hasn't happened in every other Disney movie?

Last edited by DeathBlade/13.666; 06-10-2016 at 07:08 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

The other princesses except merida HAVE husbands. Including her sister. (though not Ariel's sister because of certain anatomical problems) That's why Elsa and Merida are currently the main candidates to get girlfriends.
    Actually only several of them HAVE husbands. Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, Pocahontas, Tiana and Rapunzel are the only ones with a confirmed marriage. The rest only have a "love interest" that either are royalty already or would be after marrying their respective princess.

That said, Disney can easily make another princess and make her a lesbian if they wanted to. There's nothing saying that Elsa and Merida "ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY MUST" get married to a woman, other than a petition and the wants and hopes of a select group. In fact you have some saying that Disney ought to make a new princess and make her lesbian instead of making Elsa one.

P.S.: It's a Small World is already largely diverse and has little to do with the princesses, so that argument is just silly.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

It's been done is the point. And often when they're under age to men they barely know, many of whom have criminal records. So bring on the lesbian princesses.

Well they probably are going to do it now, after the whole Orlando thing. I heard on the news his original plan was to attack Disney World.

But a prime example would be the Little Mermaid. If you changed none of the dialogue (aside from the he-she pronouns) or anything and just replaced Prince Eric with Princess Jasmine, how would it be any different?

Most of the Disney princesses did move into a big pink castle together apparently.

PS And yes, the "It's A Small World" thing was a joke. I'm just saying they're trying to make as many diverse princesses as they can.
    Last edited by Clayton_n; 06-14-2016 at 04:28 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

It's been done is the point. And often when they're under age to men they barely know, many of whom have criminal records. So bring on the lesbian princesses.
    A princess being betrothed to a stranger, at a young age, is historically accurate. So you point still is what? I mean it's one thing to go "It's been done, or bring in something new", but it really isn't new now is it? Homosexuality, even bisexuality or pansexuality, from members of a ruling class has been around since the days of Ancient Greek, Ancient Rome, and such.

Well they probably are going to do it now, after the whole Orlando thing. I heard on the news his original plan was to attack Disney World.
    They may, but until there is confirmation this is only speculation. And I'd like to see a source for that.

But a prime example would be the Little Mermaid. If you changed none of the dialogue (aside from the he-she pronouns) or anything and just replaced Prince Eric with Princess Jasmine, how would it be any different?

Most of the Disney princesses did move into a big pink castle together apparently.
    How would it be different? Because you'd have to explain how they meet across two completely different locations on Earth and eras in time before you could piece together your fan-fiction. Aside from the fact that both the Little Mermaid and Aladdin were derived from two separate and different stories, and not originally made from scratch by Disney.

And again, I'd like to see a source for the big pink castle.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

A princess being betrothed to a stranger, at a young age, is historically accurate. So you point still is what? I mean it's one thing to go "It's been done, or bring in something new", but it really isn't new now is it? Homosexuality, even bisexuality or pansexuality, from members of a ruling class has been around since the days of Ancient Greek, Ancient Rome, and such.

They may, but until there is confirmation this is only speculation. And I'd like to see a source for that.

How would it be different? Because you'd have to explain how they meet across two completely different locations on Earth and eras in time before you could piece together your fan-fiction. Aside from the fact that both the Little Mermaid and Aladdin were derived from two separate and different stories, and not originally made from scratch by Disney.

And again, I'd like to see a source for the big pink castle.
    The Disney Princess castle. There are posters and animated episodes.

As for how they meet, it's a ship, Ariel comes up and sees Jasmine dancing... could happen anywhere. And Agrabah did have a sea port...

Anyway you're thinking about it the wrong way. Imagine it's the Broadway play. The guy playing Eric and his understudy got into a diva fight, fell off the stage, and broke their legs. They have 12 hours to find a new actor. Fortunately the woman who usually plays Jasmine in Aladdin is a huge fan and knows all the lines. So they slap her in the costume, rename the character "Princess Erica" and the show goes on with a few alterations.

Ariel: If I do this, I'll never see my father and sisters again.
    Ursila: But you'll have your woman. Life's full of tough choices innit?

Sebastian: She gonna kiss de girl...

King triton: She really does love her, doesn't she Sebastian.

and so on.

As for the husband thing...

Last edited by Clayton_n; 06-15-2016 at 03:49 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I don't recall Agrabah having a sea port, but it was off the Jordan River which only connects to the Sea of Galilee and the Dead Sea. But if you go by the original tale, the setting is more in the Western parts of China, possibly Turkestan/Turkistan (which encompasses the provence Xinjiang, as well as areas in Afghanistan, Russia, and more in Central Asia). Whereas The Little Mermaid's setting is just off the shore in open sea. Could be any coast line by a large sea or ocean. But both the Sea of Galilee and the Dead Sea aren't really "open" and no one travels them in large ships. Small to large boats, perhaps; but large ships? No. Still, if you use the original settings, it gets even tougher... The closest open sea to Turkestan/Turkistan is the Indian Ocean. And that's still a long stretch of land to travel before the Little Mermaid (original name) can see Princess Badroulbadour (again, original name).

And by your "Broadway Play" way of thinking, doesn't change anything. The woman that normally plays "Jasmine" in Aladdin would simply be dressed up and made to look like an "Eric" and would play the role as "Prince Eric". I mean seriously. Do you know anything about the work that makes plays? The actor's sex/gender means little when compared to the character's. Just look at the men who did the acting for the female roles for centuries (even up through Shakespearean times and his plays).

Regardless, none of this has anything to do with Elsa getting or not getting a girlfriend. Let's stay on topic, shall we?

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Ah, nice of you to admit it doesn't matter if it's a man or woman in the role.

I remember Aladdin and Jasmine fighting a mermaid named Seleen...

Oh well.

Anyway Elsa is the front runner at the moment because of her single status. Fans have always suggested the various princesses were gay and you can find fan art of them easily enough. Merida was the last front runner, but she wasn't ever as popular as Elsa and Disney actually made Mulan gay. Plus mostly the princes are barely important to the story. Add in the fact that Frozen revolves around true love between two girls who look nothing alike, and were never sisters in the original fairy tale... not to mention they appear together on all Frozen merchandise without Kristoff... and you can see why people are are little focused on Elsa.

if she and Merida ever met...

Elsa's voice actress actually said she would support Elsa having a girlfriend. "I think it's great," she told ET. "Disney's just gotta contend with that. I'll let them figure that out."

In any event if there's going to be a lesbian Disney princess, why not Elsa?

Did you have someone else in mind? I don't think the girl from Rumpelstiltskin would work... and not just because people might have problem with someone bartering away a baby.

Would you prefer a gay prince? Not my cup of tea, but I understand there's a kid's book about that...
    Last edited by Clayton_n; 06-16-2016 at 05:52 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Did you not read where it's been said "make a brand new character and storyline to turn into a lesbian princess"?

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

You said to get back on the topic. The topic is Elsa's girlfriend. So why not her?

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Again, did you not read what's already been said in the thread? Some people would just prefer Elsa to be left alone. They view it as an attempt to either be PC or an attempt to appease a group.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

yes, but you could say the same about NOT doing it. Which group should they appease, the ones who want her to be a lesbian or the ones who want her to be straight? What is more PC, that she is or isn't gay?

And you still haven't come up with another valid candidate for a lesbian princess.
    Last edited by Clayton_n; 06-22-2016 at 01:42 PM.

Kuso Saniwa _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_'s Avatar
    Gil
    Torn
    Gifts Portal Companion Cube 025 - Pikachu Moon Crystal Locket
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-31-2017 12:20 AM
    Threads

Why is this thread getting a bit off topic and why is Clayton being so forceful? I get that Clayton has ships, but isn't this thread a mere opinion regarding the topic being a yay or a nay, but why is this turning into "I ship these and everyone should agree because-"

My opinion personally, I have no objections regarding LGBT community, but isn't it a bit forcing it to make a character to be a queer, just because a popular franchise hasn't gotten any of them yet? Cultural diversity within the Disney Princess franchise is already a sigh of relief, can we just take slow things down? Also, quoted from above, a step forward to "we don't need to be love from a significant other" is already a giant leap. The world may progress quickly but doesnt mean everyone's mindsets are.

inb4 'this is why the world needs to move on' no i dont need that kind of crap. Not everyone thinks like you do, I'm being realistic here.
    Used to be known as cool_tria_anime.
    「今宵の俺は血に飢えている…ってな」

Illustration credit: banafria @ tumblr

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

yes, but you could say the same about NOT doing it. Which group should they appease, the ones who want her to be a lesbian or the ones who want her to be straight? What is more PC, that she is or isn't gay?
    Please explain this better. I don't see how not touching something is appeasing a group of people, unless it's something that has a massive cult following and a decade of being a certain way. (ie: Star Wars, Star Trek)

And you still haven't come up with another valid candidate for a lesbian princess.
    Would something you haven't made a fanfic about already count? Why do I have to be the one to come up with another "candidate" for a lesbian princess? If I had to make a lesbian princess for Disney, I'd just make a whole new character in a whole new setting and storyline. But that's just me. I'm not gonna rehash something just to change it. If it's worth my time to remake something, then it's also worth my time to keep it original.

And @_CTA_ , Because it's Clayton. To ask anything more of him or to expect anything less from him is merely foolish.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information