AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 81

Thread: Give Elsa a Girlfriend?

  1. #51
    Junior Member Lilac Veil is on a distinguished road Lilac Veil's Avatar
    Gil
    110.94
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2016 05:32 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Age
    17
    Threads
    1
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Give Elsa a Girlfriend?

    I bet she'll get a girlfriend. Or... as fast as Disney relationships move... a wife. Not because I want it, but because I think it'll happen.

  2. #52
    Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    100,083,967.28
    Gender
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-16-2019 06:45 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Twilight Zone
    Threads
    450
    Posts
    3,947
    Rep Power
    223

    Default Re: Give Elsa a Girlfriend?

    Not doing it because it'll offend people is exactly the same as doing it to appease another group. Except you know the first option is about bigotry and the second freedom.




    You have to come up with an alternative because you're saying it can't be her. So what is your other viable option. Details, please.





    And it's not just fan fiction. I've published several lesbian fairy tale books. They're available on AMazon, Barnes and Noble, etc.
    Last edited by Clayton_n; 06-21-2016 at 06:06 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

    Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7455684/1/MLPFIM-First-Aid

  3. #53
    Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    824,141.02
    Gender
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-23-2019 10:35 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Just down from the House of Crosses.
    Age
    31
    Threads
    148
    Posts
    6,063
    Blog Entries
    42
    Rep Power
    1619
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

    Default Re: Give Elsa a Girlfriend?

    Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    Not doing it because it'll offend people is exactly the same as doing it to appease another group. Except you know the first option is about bigotry and the second freedom.
    I still don't see your logic on this. Who's going to be offended if Elsa does become a lesbian? Straight people? Highly religious people? The idiots on Fox News? Nobody cares if they get offended.

    You have to come up with an alternative because you're saying it can't be her. So what is your other viable option. Details, please.
    There's a difference between "Can't" and "Shouldn't". I never said they can't make her a lesbian. I said they shouldn't make her a lesbian because it's only to appease a partial Fan-Base and not because the creators want to. Thus the move will only come off as mere pandering instead of something the creators actually put some effort and thought into.

    And what part of "making a new character" don't you understand?
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.


    I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

  4. #54
    Member Jinjer is just really nice Jinjer is just really nice Jinjer is just really nice Jinjer is just really nice Jinjer is just really nice Jinjer's Avatar
    Gil
    1,517.63
    Gender
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-20-2016 07:33 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Age
    27
    Threads
    1
    Posts
    65
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: Give Elsa a Girlfriend?

    i'm cool with lgbt characters, but i'd rather leave that stuff to the creators

    in any case, i kinda want her and merida to hook up... would make for an interesting chemistry

  5. #55
    Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    100,083,967.28
    Gender
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-16-2019 06:45 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Twilight Zone
    Threads
    450
    Posts
    3,947
    Rep Power
    223

    Default Re: Give Elsa a Girlfriend?

    Quote Originally Posted by DeathBlade/13.666 View Post
    I still don't see your logic on this. Who's going to be offended if Elsa does become a lesbian? Straight people? Highly religious people? The idiots on Fox News? Nobody cares if they get offended.

    Actually they get shows cancelled all the time. Ever wonder what happened to Reaper or Joan of Arcadia? Lucifer almost didn't get a second series because of those jerks.

    There's a difference between "Can't" and "Shouldn't". I never said they can't make her a lesbian. I said they shouldn't make her a lesbian because it's only to appease a partial Fan-Base and not because the creators want to. Thus the move will only come off as mere pandering instead of something the creators actually put some effort and thought into.
    i've given you a plethora of reasons it SHOULD be Elsa. But since you somehow missed them here's a list.

    1. Everyone already thinks she's gay. Including the people arguing against it, otherwise they wouldn't feel the need to argue. People have been drawing, writing, etc all the Disney princesses in lesbian couples for years, but this one made the actual news.

    2. She's smart, single, and sexy.



    3. Disney probably wants to hook her up with someone so that the still very popular idea that she'll somehow still end up with her sister can be put to bed.

    4. Improving Disney's standing in the lgbt community.

    5. Her voice actress has publicly stated she thinks its a good idea.

    6. The book "A Warm Welcome" has already sort of set it up.

    7. 90% of the fan art has her as a lesbian

    8. There's noody else anyone wants her to hook up with whom she isn't related to. Not that royalty never marries within the family.

    9. You mentioned historical precedent a few times. I can provide you with a list of many lesbian royals in history.

    10. There's a freaking petition to make this happen that many people have signed.

    11. There is no valid reason why she shouldn't get a girlfriend.

    And what part of "making a new character" don't you understand?
    I'm sure they will. After all, Elsa will need a girlfriend.



    What do you think Elsa's girlfriend should be like?




    in any case, i kinda want her and merida to hook up... would make for an interesting chemistry
    Actually jinger there's a chance in Once Upon A Time that she might hook up with Mulan. Merida I mean.



    Seriously guys, if Kristoff had not been added to the script (he does nothing and is basically Jar-Jar Binks) and Anna had not been written in as Elsa's "sister" instead of just hyer best friend, yet everything else was the same, would we even be having this debate?
    Last edited by Clayton_n; 06-22-2016 at 03:45 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

    Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7455684/1/MLPFIM-First-Aid

  6. #56
    Cannibal Countess ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett's Avatar
    Gil
    7,154.27
    Gender
    My Mood
    In Love
    Gifts Purple Ribbon Heart Pocky
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2016 06:26 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Moxxi's Bar
    Age
    25
    Threads
    6
    Posts
    1,147
    Rep Power
    398
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: ChibiLovett Steam ID: ChibiLovett

    Default Re: Give Elsa a Girlfriend?

    Jeez, this got a wee bit crazy.

    Here's my two cents, I suppose. I'm all for shipping and whatnot. In fact, I do it A LOT myself. Mostly femmeslash. Including the two in my sig gifs and that's a Disney movie. But that doesn't mean the creators need to change their original ideas just to please shippers and fandoms. I wouldn't expect them to ever make Mirana and Alice actually canon. More than that, they definitely don't need to because a bunch of PC SJWs demanding diversity tell them they need to. They have a huge, wide demographic to consider. If they want to make a lesbian princess, then great. Good on them. Diversity is great when it isn't forced and just happens naturally. But it needs to be the choice of the creators and whatever they had planned for the series. That's already repetitive so I won't ramble on since most of the argument for this has already been made quite well by DeathBlade. But that's where I stand on it. It's almost as pointless as #GiveCapABoyfriend (almost). Also I have very strong feelings about the recent push to be PC and whatnot that may start to come out if I continue and they're not very, shall we say, popularly held as of late, nor do they technically have anything to do with the original topic. I've already gone into this more than I probably should have after reading the crapstorm that happened in the last three pages.

    And for the record, I am a lesbian. I still don't care if she is or not. It doesn't affect me or anyone else.

    TL;DR - I really don't care if she is or not as long as it's their choice and they do it because THEY want to make her that way.
    She has no shadows, and she radiates beauty.

    Slender body, and two eyes like ebony.

    Her spirit's golden, and her mind's a mystery.

  7. #57
    Member Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu's Avatar
    Gil
    1,649.88
    Gender
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-12-2017 12:02 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Threads
    2
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Give Elsa a Girlfriend?

    This is kind of dumb, just because a character is strong willed and hasn't been seen with a boyfriend doesn't mean they're automatically a lesbian. The idea that just because a Fandom likes something means the artist should suffer is the exact mentality that bogs down the creative process and makes people more willing to create the status quo insread of pushing boundaries.

  8. #58
    Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    100,083,967.28
    Gender
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-16-2019 06:45 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Twilight Zone
    Threads
    450
    Posts
    3,947
    Rep Power
    223

    Default Re: Give Elsa a Girlfriend?

    I wasn't going to mention this because I thought it was obvious and i wanted to take the high road and not make this about sex and instead focus on emotions, politics, and acceptance, but I guess there's no choice.

    ELSA WAS NOT SINGLE BECAUSE SHE WANTED TO BE!

    She spent every year of her life from toddler on in enforced celibacy. She wore thick clothes and gloves and until she hugged her sister (and act that would have had any of us in the same position grinding at least a little) had not had ANY human contact. The moment someone grabbed her arm she basically had a snowgasm. Plus all that time alone in her room...


    look at her at the end of "Let it Go". Does that strike you as a woman who doesn't know she's sexy and hasn't thought about it all day every day since she hit puberty? That dress is so tight she literally had to use magic to get it on. She gave it a slit up the side to show some leg and swung her hips like... sorry what was i saying? *Wipes a little drool off his chin*





    if she's anything like her sister... well i'll point out that a guy was able to get Anna to MARRY him in under five minutes. Even Ariel, who was a fish from the hips down, hugged people. Can you imagine how desperate YOU would be for a relationship with physical contact after more than a decade?

    And lets face it, anyone attracted to women would find Elsa attractive. She's the sexiest woman to come out of Disney studios since Jessica Rabbit. She's given it a lot of though since she literally imagined that dress. Plus... you know dress made of ice.

    We'd all date her... but we can't because she's a cartoon character. So if she's going to be with someone (and if you have any empathy for those years she spent alone in her room you should want her to have SOMEONE... ANYONE) and it can't be you, it might as well be an equally hot woman, don't you think?


    Plus I think we'd all like to see if said girlfriend's tongue... well did you ever see "A Christmas Story"? Remember the part with the flag pole?



    Please, don't let Elsa go another day alone. Show some empathy and compassion. Let her have a girlfriend.



    Elsa: Are we going to play patty cake?
    Jessica: Something like that
    Last edited by Clayton_n; 06-24-2016 at 03:56 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

    Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7455684/1/MLPFIM-First-Aid

  9. #59
    Member Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu's Avatar
    Gil
    1,649.88
    Gender
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-12-2017 12:02 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Threads
    2
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Give Elsa a Girlfriend?

    So since she's hot that must mean she needs a girlfriend?

  10. #60
    Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    27,698.06
    Gender
    Gifts Dice D20 Compass Katana
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2019 09:04 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    30
    Threads
    98
    Posts
    3,877
    Blog Entries
    35
    Rep Power
    2672

    Default Re: Give Elsa a Girlfriend?

    Yeah, any struggle ever has to be appropriated by LBGTQ. It's not like it could also be a metaphor for just about any other insecurity someone is struggling over, right?

    Imagine if there was something like the League of Unabashed Virgins (LAUV for short) and they claimed Elsa was coming to terms about her celebacy and taking proud ownership of it. Does the thought make you giggle at all? If it did then you know how I feel when LBGTQ advocates pull stuff like this.

  11. Likes Raycu liked this post
  12. #61
    Member Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu's Avatar
    Gil
    1,649.88
    Gender
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-12-2017 12:02 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Threads
    2
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Give Elsa a Girlfriend?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wio View Post
    Yeah, any struggle ever has to be appropriated by LBGTQ. It's not like it could also be a metaphor for just about any other insecurity someone is struggling over, right?

    Imagine if there was something like the League of Unabashed Virgins (LAUV for short) and they claimed Elsa was coming to terms about her celebacy and taking proud ownership of it. Does the thought make you giggle at all? If it did then you know how I feel when LBGTQ advocates pull stuff like this.
    Or another example could be that Else is actually transgender, and that's what she was hiding. But, you know, being trans is no where near as popular as being gay, so that obviously can't be it. /s/

  13. #62
    Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    27,698.06
    Gender
    Gifts Dice D20 Compass Katana
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2019 09:04 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    30
    Threads
    98
    Posts
    3,877
    Blog Entries
    35
    Rep Power
    2672

    Default Re: Give Elsa a Girlfriend?

    Yeah, it can be about trans, but I mean it could be just about any insecurity you can think of it.
    It could be about some christian kid who feels guilty about porn.
    It could be about some fat person who decides to go HAES.
    It could be about some an otaku hiding their obsession over anime.

  14. Likes Raycu liked this post
  15. #63
    Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    100,083,967.28
    Gender
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-16-2019 06:45 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Twilight Zone
    Threads
    450
    Posts
    3,947
    Rep Power
    223

    Default Re: Give Elsa a Girlfriend?

    Quote Originally Posted by Raycu View Post
    So since she's hot that must mean she needs a girlfriend?
    Yes. Yes it does.


    Are you guys saying that if Elsa IS gay you won't like her any more? There's a message for the kids.

    Kid: Why can't we see Frozen 2?
    Parent; Because we think a 90 minute cartoon in which two girls kiss will turn you gay for life.
    Last edited by Clayton_n; 06-25-2016 at 01:21 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

    Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7455684/1/MLPFIM-First-Aid

  16. #64
    Member Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu's Avatar
    Gil
    1,649.88
    Gender
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-12-2017 12:02 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Threads
    2
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Give Elsa a Girlfriend?

    I'm not sure where you pulled that out of, but no, that's what exactly neither of us are saying. What we are saying is that it's stupid to try and force her to be gay because of some minor symbolic relations, and because it would make a good political statement. That's not what movies should be, trying to make a political statement out of a movie that already has a clearly defined moral in it is complete hogwash. Honestly, the fact that you're failing to understand what me and Wio is saying seems like an indicator that you're not actually trying to see things from our side of the argument.

  17. #65
    Cannibal Countess ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett's Avatar
    Gil
    7,154.27
    Gender
    My Mood
    In Love
    Gifts Purple Ribbon Heart Pocky
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2016 06:26 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Moxxi's Bar
    Age
    25
    Threads
    6
    Posts
    1,147
    Rep Power
    398
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: ChibiLovett Steam ID: ChibiLovett

    Default Re: Give Elsa a Girlfriend?

    Why do you keep equating "I don't think she should be gay because *lists legitimate reasons*" with "I don't think she should be gay because I hate gay people"? Not wanting someone to be gay that has nothing but fan theories to give any backing as to why they should does not equal homophobia, and honestly, it hurts your argument if you have to stoop to crying homophobia where there's been no evidence given of any at all anywhere in this thread. It basically means you've run out of legitimate talking points and are trying to guilt us into agreeing with you. Not to mention the bit about how attractive she is doesn't apply at all to any of this. Attractiveness does not equal sexual orientation and Frozen is aimed at kids with a few jokes and that classic Disney charm that makes it appeal to a full family. They don't NEED to pander to adults and probably teenagers that want to watch her make out with a girl. In fact, that's entirely what they shouldn't do. They're trying to tell a cute little story for families and children, not get you off.
    She has no shadows, and she radiates beauty.

    Slender body, and two eyes like ebony.

    Her spirit's golden, and her mind's a mystery.

  18. #66
    Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    100,083,967.28
    Gender
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-16-2019 06:45 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Twilight Zone
    Threads
    450
    Posts
    3,947
    Rep Power
    223

    Default Re: Give Elsa a Girlfriend?

    Whose forcing? We're trying to LET her be gay. You know, let it go. Keeping in mind that the only reason Elsa exists is for entertainment purposes.



    Sheesh, you guys keep acting like her being gay would be a bad thing.


    Anyway if you want a Disney princess who is cool, stays single, and represents the freedom on your innocent inner child they already have one

     


    Venellope: As your princess I hereby decree that everyone in this thread who forgot about me will be... executed.


    Acting like Elsa wasn't designed to be sexy is basically denial bordering on a psychosis.


    Now I've tried to argue for this via the high road and used logic, emotion, facts, popular opinion, and generally implying things. Not to mention that not only do fans apparently want it but that her voice actress supports it too.

    then I tried the low road and appealed to your lust, Internet memes, the shock value, and general fun to be had at the expense of people who are freaked out by the idea of lesbians and kids seeing lesbians kiss in a cartoon.

    I'm not sure how much else I can do to try to convince you guys to accept Elsa being gay. I only have one more thing I can use that might work...


     


    ALL HAIL THE HYPNOTOAD!

    Elsa is a lesbian. #GiveElseAGirlfriend You love lesbians. All sexy cartoon girls should be lesbians. Give in. Elsa should have a girlfriend.
    Elsa is a lesbian. #GiveElseAGirlfriend You love lesbians. All sexy cartoon girls should be lesbians. Give in. Elsa should have a girlfriend.
    Elsa is a lesbian. #GiveElseAGirlfriend You love lesbians. All sexy cartoon girls should be lesbians. Give in. Elsa should have a girlfriend.
    Elsa is a lesbian. #GiveElseAGirlfriend You love lesbians. All sexy cartoon girls should be lesbians. Give in. Elsa should have a girlfriend.
    Elsa is a lesbian. #GiveElseAGirlfriend You love lesbians. All sexy cartoon girls should be lesbians. Give in. Elsa should have a girlfriend.
    Elsa is a lesbian. #GiveElseAGirlfriend You love lesbians. All sexy cartoon girls should be lesbians. Give in. Elsa should have a girlfriend.
    Elsa is a lesbian. #GiveElseAGirlfriend You love lesbians. All sexy cartoon girls should be lesbians. Give in. Elsa should have a girlfriend.
    Elsa is a lesbian. #GiveElseAGirlfriend You love lesbians. All sexy cartoon girls should be lesbians. Give in. Elsa should have a girlfriend.
    Elsa is a lesbian. #GiveElseAGirlfriend You love lesbians. All sexy cartoon girls should be lesbians. Give in. Elsa should have a girlfriend.
    Last edited by Clayton_n; 06-28-2016 at 11:39 AM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

    Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7455684/1/MLPFIM-First-Aid

  19. #67
    Senior Member .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:.'s Avatar
    Gil
    987,654,685.63
    Gender
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Gifts Ice Cream Laptop 255 - Torchic
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-09-2019 06:00 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    May's Pokéball...
    Threads
    47
    Posts
    1,077
    Rep Power
    710

    Default Re: Give Elsa a Girlfriend?

    Well, maybe it's just me, but Elsa does not strike me as a lesbian; not that I care if she is nor not.

    Generally I'm not a huge fan of "shipping" unless it's the sort of shipping that appropriately and naturally complements an existing character design, and isn't just an excuse for delivering tried-and-tested fan service, or worse, pushing political agendas of so called activists.

    Assuming that Elsa was not initially designed as a lesbian character, the idea of shoehorning her into a girl-on-girl relationship is ridiculous and makes little sense. As a gender-neutral person myself, I'm all for the idea of raising awareness of other sexual preferences through fiction (or whatever), but not when it breaks the principles of original character design and good storytelling. This is not a homophobic statement; it's just common sense.

    An author has no right to tell us how to interpret. Likewise, we have no right to tell an author how to write.
    Last edited by .:neuko:.; 06-28-2016 at 06:53 PM.

  20. #68
    Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    100,083,967.28
    Gender
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-16-2019 06:45 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Twilight Zone
    Threads
    450
    Posts
    3,947
    Rep Power
    223

    Default Re: Give Elsa a Girlfriend?

    Well you can't always tell who a lesbian is. I know of one couple who were married 45 years before realizing they were gay. Elsa has had no real contact with anyone for years, so it's a 50-50 shot. Angelina Jolie, Marilyn Monroe, something like 90% of the most famous women in Hollywood during the 40's, nuns... you'd be shocked at the women who turned out to be lesbians that nobody ever suspected. They actually had to come up with signs so they knew who they were.


    And Elsa strikes a lot of people as being gay.


    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

    Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7455684/1/MLPFIM-First-Aid

  21. #69
    Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    15.01
    Gender
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    31
    Threads
    65
    Posts
    4,808
    Rep Power
    2452
    Gamer IDs

    Steam ID: GameGeeks

    Default Re: Give Elsa a Girlfriend?

    Is clayton turning this into smutty Elsa hour? And where in the movie does it show any indication of her preference one way or another? She was isolated from a very young age from everyone. Even her sister. Save for a few handlers she doesn't really interact with anyone till her coronation. And that doesn't really show anything and results in her fleeing to absolute isolation. There's nothing to strike anyone of anything. People just want to see what they see. And doing something just to cater to a small group is wrong and can be detrimental to the work itself. All people are doing is imprinting what they want to see and not what the creators intended.

    Side Note: Should have read Neuko's comment as they hit the nail on the head.

  22. #70
    Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    100,083,967.28
    Gender
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-16-2019 06:45 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Twilight Zone
    Threads
    450
    Posts
    3,947
    Rep Power
    223

    Default Re: Give Elsa a Girlfriend?

    Smutty? That picture was beautiful and tasteful.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

    Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7455684/1/MLPFIM-First-Aid

  23. #71
    Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    824,141.02
    Gender
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-23-2019 10:35 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Just down from the House of Crosses.
    Age
    31
    Threads
    148
    Posts
    6,063
    Blog Entries
    42
    Rep Power
    1619
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

    Default Re: Give Elsa a Girlfriend?

    Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    Smutty? That picture was beautiful and tasteful.
    Let's agree to disagree as some of those spam pics are almost close enough to being outside of a PG-13 rating to warrant infractions.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.


    I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

  24. #72
    Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    100,083,967.28
    Gender
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-16-2019 06:45 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Twilight Zone
    Threads
    450
    Posts
    3,947
    Rep Power
    223

    Default Re: Give Elsa a Girlfriend?

    You're kidding right? I've seen more outrageous stuff in Digimon.



    In any case you can't discuss lesbians without mentioning sex. It's what it's all about.


    Now look we've agreed that in the first movie they avoided the topic with Elsa... though her sister threw herself at two guys and possibly a reindeer...

    What would be the downside if, in the sequel, they give Elsa a girlfriend?

    And don't try using kids as an excuse. Seeing two girls in Disney style love is not going to scar them. Most are too young to care anyway and if they're not they probably already know about it.


    So that example aside, and admitting we don't have any actual proof one way or the other, where's the harm in Elsa being their first lesbian princess?


    \I bring this up because on the news there were polynesians claiming they don't think Moana will be a good movie because they don't like that Disney made Maui fat. Which struck me as being as pointless as most of the arguments against Elsa being gay.
    Last edited by DeathBlade/13.666; 07-05-2016 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Inappropriate content and language in image.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

    Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7455684/1/MLPFIM-First-Aid

  25. #73
    Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    15.01
    Gender
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    31
    Threads
    65
    Posts
    4,808
    Rep Power
    2452
    Gamer IDs

    Steam ID: GameGeeks

    Default Re: Give Elsa a Girlfriend?

    Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    In any case you can't discuss lesbians without mentioning sex. It's what it's all about.

  26. #74
    Kuso Saniwa _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_'s Avatar
    Gil
    4,999,730.78
    Gender
    My Mood
    Torn
    Gifts Portal Companion Cube 025 - Pikachu Moon Crystal Locket
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-31-2017 12:20 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    nowhere~
    Age
    26
    Threads
    78
    Posts
    2,301
    Rep Power
    1039

    Default Re: Give Elsa a Girlfriend?

    Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    You're kidding right? I've seen more outrageous stuff in Digimon.
    How can this be compared to Digimon? Do elaborate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    Oh wait. No need. It's off-topic. Oh heck, you strayed a lot already anyway.

    At least I know the difference between softcore porn and 'wear whatever they want to wear'.
    Used to be known as cool_tria_anime.
    「今宵の俺は血に飢えている…ってな」




    Illustration credit: banafria @ tumblr

  27. #75
    Cannibal Countess ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett's Avatar
    Gil
    7,154.27
    Gender
    My Mood
    In Love
    Gifts Purple Ribbon Heart Pocky
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2016 06:26 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Moxxi's Bar
    Age
    25
    Threads
    6
    Posts
    1,147
    Rep Power
    398
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: ChibiLovett Steam ID: ChibiLovett

    Default Re: Give Elsa a Girlfriend?

    Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    In any case you can't discuss lesbians without mentioning sex. It's what it's all about.
    Yes, because lesbians are only worth mentioning if they're having sex. Screw the rest of their personality or relationships. All this talk of homophobia coming from the rest of us, yet that's the first thing that's been said in this thread so far that was homophobic at all. Good job.
    She has no shadows, and she radiates beauty.

    Slender body, and two eyes like ebony.

    Her spirit's golden, and her mind's a mystery.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. You! Yeah you! GIVE ME A SCREENSHOT OR GIVE ME DEATH!
    By Eris in forum Miscellaneous Miscellany
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-18-2009, 07:53 PM
  2. What have you learned today? GIVE ME ANSWERS OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!
    By Eris in forum Miscellaneous Miscellany
    Replies: 214
    Last Post: 10-10-2008, 02:57 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts