AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Loop-hole in death note?

Senior Member ShrillBrute76 is on a distinguished road ShrillBrute76's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-27-2016 10:50 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ShrillBrute3271

Default Loop-hole in death note?

Okay so firstly I'm not sure if what I'm about to ask/discuss is or is not a spoiler, but to be safe I'm just warning all those who haven't seen death note that i will be talking about aspects of it that are only revealed later on... so you have been warned.

anyways, back on topic, i gave it some thought and i think there may be a loop hole to getting shiragami eye and avoid death by a death note (stop reading if this is unfamiliar to you, last spoiler warning! ). Before i start on the loop-hole i'd like to remind everyone on a few facts. 1. writing and entry in the death note is invalid if the person is scheduled to die before the entry. 2. taking the deal for the eyes halves your remaining life span.

Okay so now the loop-hole. If i were to insert my own name in the death note saying that i would die in 20 years time, my remaining life span would be 20. but if i took the eye deal then it would halve that to 10, but now the trouble is that this shortening of the life span causes the entry in the death note to become invalid as i am going to die before then. so now which life span would/should/did it halve if that is now invalid? my original one of (for argument sake 60 years). but now i have 30 years to live, thus making the entry valid again, thus changing the life span needed to be halved in order for the deal. and so the cycle continues.

now my question is what happens in the end? do we a) never die because we broke the death system (keeping my fingers crossed ). b) get the eyes for free (love free stuff) or c) die because we were trying to be a smart-donkey?

(let me know if no one understands my mathematical rant in the middle there)

<span style="font-weight:bold; font-style:italic; color:lemonchiffon; "></span> Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Ramen Kawaiislice Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-23-2016 06:39 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: cthulhulover69

Default Re: Loop-hole in death note?

But what if you're scheduled to die before the time you write in the note? But you still wouldn't know for certain when you would die, so it would still be a complete mystery exactly when your death would occur and how much life is taken off when you take the deal. There's still a lot of factors unknown, so I'm not completely sure this method could work.

Plus, I believe that it was stated that though you have the eyes, you still wouldn't be able to see your own life span? So you would never have a way of knowing when you were scheduled to die, thus making it quite hard to try and use that kind of loop hole.
    Song Of The Moment:
    "Dreams are made winding through my head"

Signature made by me.
    *click below*

Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Well yes not knowing when you will die is a factor that makes doing this really difficult, but lets say for the case of this loop hole that your shiragami told you all the info i gave in my explanation so you could work it out (because they can see your life span, and for sake of the argument lets say that they are allowed to tell you because damn we're missing the point now)

I would just like to hear your opinions if the theoretical situation did arise what would happen?

Senior Member Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2016 03:38 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Metaphasic

It doesn't matter. It would be my luck to get a full death essay, instead of just a note. LOL
    Please help support my friend, Hannah Victoria Stock, simply by viewing her profile on IMDB!

Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Seems like everyone is missing the point here, but i guess thats to be expected no-one really comes on here to solve theoretical anime math para-dimes.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2024 06:40 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by ShrillBrute76 View Post
    Okay so firstly I'm not sure if what I'm about to ask/discuss is or is not a spoiler, but to be safe I'm just warning all those who haven't seen death note that i will be talking about aspects of it that are only revealed later on... so you have been warned.

anyways, back on topic, i gave it some thought and i think there may be a loop hole to getting shiragami eye and avoid death by a death note (stop reading if this is unfamiliar to you, last spoiler warning! ). Before i start on the loop-hole i'd like to remind everyone on a few facts. 1. writing and entry in the death note is invalid if the person is scheduled to die before the entry. 2. taking the deal for the eyes halves your remaining life span.

Okay so now the loop-hole. If i were to insert my own name in the death note saying that i would die in 20 years time, my remaining life span would be 20. but if i took the eye deal then it would halve that to 10, but now the trouble is that this shortening of the life span causes the entry in the death note to become invalid as i am going to die before then. so now which life span would/should/did it halve if that is now invalid? my original one of (for argument sake 60 years). but now i have 30 years to live, thus making the entry valid again, thus changing the life span needed to be halved in order for the deal. and so the cycle continues.

now my question is what happens in the end? do we a) never die because we broke the death system (keeping my fingers crossed ). b) get the eyes for free (love free stuff) or c) die because we were trying to be a smart-donkey?

(let me know if no one understands my mathematical rant in the middle there)
    My loophole was writing my own name and saying I die by shedding my physical form and becoming a god.

Of course the downside to this whole thing is A: Someone could kill you BEFORE your chosen death and B: WHen you do die there's that pesky "I end up in oblivion" or "walking the Earth for eternity" for using it thing.

Last edited by Clayton_n; 04-19-2016 at 06:00 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Surely you would just die of a heart attack seeing as that outcome is physically impossible like when light was experimenting with how he can kill people, those whose death was physically impossible would just die of a heart attack. Or did i miss a rule about becoming a god?

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Hey if Shinigami exist...
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Member phantoMastercrad is on a distinguished road phantoMastercrad's Avatar
    Gil
    Breezy
    Gifts Dr Who K9 Soul Eater Shinigami-sama
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2016 05:35 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: CRAD42902

C!!! You are basically cheating death. You would probably be breaking some elder rule or something. So your Shinigamy would probably be forced to kill you. That is just my theory. Oh and i love your loop hole.

Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    Hey if Shinigami exist...
    i dont think they were originally human, but hey i didnt write the rules so it could work for all i know

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Worked in Bleach.

Anyway it's better than the whole "doomed for all eternity to walk the earth" thing.

Last edited by Clayton_n; 04-22-2016 at 11:59 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information