AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Recommend Me Games to Play?

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Nebulahime14 is on a distinguished road Nebulahime14's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2016 09:42 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Default Recommend Me Games to Play?

I kinda hate making stuff like this, but I'm looking for good Wii (or DS or PC) games to play since I'm looking for more ways to entertain myself while learning Japanese. I think really what prompted this was the absence of new stuff to do after I beat Okami for the fifth time. f^-^')

I'm looking for something with a good story and structure, since the Wii tends to have a lot of games geared more towards casual gamers or children. I've got a PC (lol duh) and a DS as well if there are other games you want to recommend on either one of those systems. If you know of any with voice-acting in them, please pass them along. I'm especially looking for games with voice-acting right now (she says while trying to get AmazonJP to accept her payment for Klonoa) just because I need listening practice more than anything else at the moment.

Also, sorry for making this, but I really suck at finding stuff on my own when it comes to video games. That's an area I don't know much about at all. m(__)m

<span style="font-weight:bold; font-style:italic; color:lemonchiffon; "></span> Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Ramen Kawaiislice Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-23-2016 06:39 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: cthulhulover69

Default Re: Recommend Me Games to Play?

Any of the Legend of Zelda series is great. Also, if you like farming-esque games, Rune Factory is really fun to play ^^

I'm not too sure about games with heavy voice acting, but the two games I mentioned have great story lines and really fun game play in them.
    Song Of The Moment:
    "Dreams are made winding through my head"

Signature made by me.
    *click below*

3. Thanks Nebulahime14 thanked for this post
    Likes Cross Avantgarde liked this post
    Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nebulahime14 View Post
    I kinda hate making stuff like this, but I'm looking for good Wii (or DS or PC) games to play since I'm looking for more ways to entertain myself while learning Japanese. I think really what prompted this was the absence of new stuff to do after I beat Okami for the fifth time. f^-^')

I'm looking for something with a good story and structure, since the Wii tends to have a lot of games geared more towards casual gamers or children. I've got a PC (lol duh) and a DS as well if there are other games you want to recommend on either one of those systems. If you know of any with voice-acting in them, please pass them along. I'm especially looking for games with voice-acting right now (she says while trying to get AmazonJP to accept her payment for Klonoa) just because I need listening practice more than anything else at the moment.

Also, sorry for making this, but I really suck at finding stuff on my own when it comes to video games. That's an area I don't know much about at all. m(__)m
    So you want to import Japanese games?

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou+ View Post
    So you want to import Japanese games?
    I've never thought of it that way, but yes.

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nebulahime14 View Post
    I've never thought of it that way, but yes.
    Try PlayAsia to import Japanese Wii Games but mind you that the Wii isn't region free. I take it you were gonna use Dolphin to load em up?

If you want to challenge yourself, you can always get the Project Zero/Fatal Frame games. Any Japanese version of any Mario game should do since it has basic characters.

DS is region free and there's plenty of games. Getting the Japanese version of any Mario game would do too. Pokemon games in Japanese aren't hard either.
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 03-22-2016 at 01:09 AM.

7. Thanks Nebulahime14 thanked for this post
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou+ View Post
    Try PlayAsia to import Japanese Wii Games but mind you that the Wii isn't region free. I take it you were gonna use Dolphin to load em up?

If you want to challenge yourself, you can always get the Project Zero/Fatal Frame games. Any Japanese version of any Mario game should do since it has basic characters.

DS is region free and there's plenty of games. Getting the Japanese version of any Mario game would do too. Pokemon games in Japanese aren't hard either.
    I wonder if it's because my Wii is a refurbished one (the original's hard drive caught on fire) because I've never had any region lock issues with it before. Same goes for my DS. Either way, thank you for your response. I appreciate you taking the time to help me. ^-^

Junior Member AnimeFangirl00 is on a distinguished road AnimeFangirl00's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-07-2016 05:41 AM
    Threads

Have you played the major Wii RPGs like Xenoblade Chronicles, Last Story and Arc Rise Fantasia? There's also Rune Factory Frontier and Tides of Destiny if you like Action RPGs.

Junior Member KatyRet is on a distinguished road KatyRet's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-15-2016 09:34 AM
    Threads

Hey guys! Can you recommend me cool broser or flash games about sport?
    Like this http://www.kizigamesxl.com/luigi-stunts.html
    Thanks!

Junior Member sarah1690 is on a distinguished road sarah1690's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2016 04:01 AM
    Threads

Any of the Legend of Zelda series is great. Also, if you like farming-esque games, Rune Factory is really fun to play
    >> Yes, I like it
    Last edited by Ranshiin; 07-18-2016 at 06:02 AM. Reason: No advertising.

Senior Member Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Silver Ribbon Four Leaf Clover Teal Ribbon
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2019 02:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aspirantgarde

I second the Zelda recommendations. Additionally, Smash Bros. and New Super Mario Bros. Wii (ironically no longer "New") are great pics for games with others. Also check out the Wii's Virtual Console. You can download classic games that are great, like Chrono Trigger and A Link to the Past, as well as others. This is an excellent resource for nostalgia's sake alone.

Note: The Wii's virtual console does not have all the games offered on the virtual console for the DS and the Wii U, but it has some of the best ones available.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information