AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Decim [Not complete]

Junior Member Decim is on a distinguished road Decim's Avatar
    Gil
    Suspicious
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-12-2016 03:33 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Decim [Not complete]

Chiyuki will be next to him. Feel free to give me advice but please also try to fit some positive points... I beat myself over every drawing and rip out pages because of how badly I believe I draw.

2. Likes Happyblossom, mimiruchan liked this post
    <span style="font-weight:bold; font-style:italic; color:lemonchiffon; "></span> Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Ramen Kawaiislice Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-23-2016 06:39 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: cthulhulover69

Default Re: Decim [Not complete]

This is not that bad! Your shading is nice, though perhaps making the shadows a bit softer would help! But I love the way you drew the hair and your proportions are really good ^^ You should definitely update us when you finish it!
    Song Of The Moment:
    "Dreams are made winding through my head"

Signature made by me.
    *click below*

4. Thanks Decim thanked for this post
    Likes Decim liked this post
    Gil
    Suspicious
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Holocast View Post
    This is not that bad! Your shading is nice, though perhaps making the shadows a bit softer would help! But I love the way you drew the hair and your proportions are really good ^^ You should definitely update us when you finish it!
    Thank you! Yeah I felt the shading on the hair and clothes is a bit too strong I will try to find an alternative instead of the markers, which will be kind of hard since I am so bad at finding art supplies it hurts.
    I will thank you.

6. Likes Holocast liked this post
    Frozen lullaby mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Chibi Crisis Moon Compact Orange Dango Cosmic Heart Compact
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-06-2021 10:37 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Decim View Post
    Thank you! Yeah I felt the shading on the hair and clothes is a bit too strong I will try to find an alternative instead of the markers, which will be kind of hard since I am so bad at finding art supplies it hurts.
    I will thank you.
    Hey! This looks pretty good. Inking looks awesome but its a little hard to see because the pic is a bit little. I agree with Holo, shading is a bit dark, however, if you darken the rest of the colors it wont be that off. It almost looks like its half colored? What part of buying art supplies do you find difficult? Perhaps I, or other AF members can help in that department :]

If you are into markers you could buy prisma colors (not as expensive as copic markers, but still do a great job). Or learning how to use art pencil crayons...Dermont, Fabercastel and prismacolor make awesome ones.
    Anywho, if this wasn't colored, it would almost look like a line art from a manga page :]
    Can't wait to see the finished piece!

8. Thanks Decim thanked for this post
    Gil
    Suspicious
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by mimiruchan View Post
    Hey! This looks pretty good. Inking looks awesome but its a little hard to see because the pic is a bit little. I agree with Holo, shading is a bit dark, however, if you darken the rest of the colors it wont be that off. It almost looks like its half colored? What part of buying art supplies do you find difficult? Perhaps I, or other AF members can help in that department :]

If you are into markers you could buy prisma colors (not as expensive as copic markers, but still do a great job). Or learning how to use art pencil crayons...Dermont, Fabercastel and prismacolor make awesome ones.
    Anywho, if this wasn't colored, it would almost look like a line art from a manga page :]
    Can't wait to see the finished piece!
    I own a basic set of copic markers and thank you for the feedback. I find mostly difficult getting a whole set I will need for a normal drawing... you know a basic skin colour set, shading pens, black ink is very hard to find here in stores etc. and on amazon it all seems to be around £30+ yeah I regret colouring it a bit, were do you think I could shade it to get it to look less weird?

Frozen lullaby mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Hmm, for myself personally - I never use black to shade. Its to harsh a contrast between such a light color. You use a harder/thicker line when you ink to denote thickness or depth (I generally thicken lines where two lines touch). To fix your image, well... it kind of looks like a style thing...you just don't have blended shadows...almost could come out looking like a vector image ^^; ....you could use a darker color like copics Agate B99 abd BV 29 (SLATE) and the darkest grey you have and a blender and try to pull the colors down into the lighter one. Also - with copics, you want to "paint" lightest to darkest (as if you were using water colors) or you can ruin the color and nib on your lighter markers....so generally it looks better going from light to dark with sim. color options...does that make sense?
    When I shade I use the same copic marker on top to darken, or I use the next shade(s) up to darken. You can use also a grey copic on top color to make a shadow.
    My copic skin colors I gen. use are E000, YR000, E00, R12 (BLUSH), R43 (BLUSH), R22 (BLUSH), For shadows on skin I've been starting to use V95 and/or v99 .
    Blush colors depend on how dark you want it to be.
    For light skin I usually only use E000 and E00 and W1 (warm grey).
    I have a pretty big selection I got from a friend (luckily because I know they are expensive) I think her set was roughly around 300$ canadian.
    You can use a colorless blender to lighten colors too, or spread them.

Before I was using copics though I would buy prismacolor markers because they are a tad cheaper. You can draw using both without doing damage which is nice ^^
    what colors do you currently own?

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

oh, also, you can use pencil crayon over the copics to make more fine details AND to shade....just be light with them and I wouldn't recommend over a large space until your used to using them because they can come out patchy haha
    Last edited by mimiruchan; 03-06-2016 at 10:53 PM.

11. Thanks Decim thanked for this post
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom's Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Gifts Snowman PPG Blossom Kawaiislice
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2020 02:10 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Hey that's not bad! I like the shading, I've been too afraid to try, actually.

My attempt at Decim
    He looks alien. *sigh*
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Decim.jpg‎
Views:	43
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	85898  
    Last edited by Happyblossom; 03-07-2016 at 03:56 AM.
    SoundCloud: Angery
    Short covers on Instagram: @project_mercury
    YouTubes: Angery Project Mercury

- views and any interaction all appreciated.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

13. Thanks Decim thanked for this post
    Likes mimiruchan liked this post
    Gil
    Suspicious
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Happyblossom View Post
    Hey that's not bad! I like the shading, I've been too afraid to try, actually.

My attempt at Decim
    He looks alien. *sigh*
    I am jealous of your drawing. The only thing I say could be improved is his face shape, dont worry to be soft with it... don't stress on the edges its fine
    but I really like the hair the shading is amazing and the clothes really looks realistic and the colouring is awesome!

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

Hmm, for myself personally - I never use black to shade. Its to harsh a contrast between such a light color. You use a harder/thicker line when you ink to denote thickness or depth (I generally thicken lines where two lines touch). To fix your image, well... it kind of looks like a style thing...you just don't have blended shadows...almost could come out looking like a vector image ^^; ....you could use a darker color like copics Agate B99 abd BV 29 (SLATE) and the darkest grey you have and a blender and try to pull the colors down into the lighter one. Also - with copics, you want to "paint" lightest to darkest (as if you were using water colors) or you can ruin the color and nib on your lighter markers....so generally it looks better going from light to dark with sim. color options...does that make sense?
    When I shade I use the same copic marker on top to darken, or I use the next shade(s) up to darken. You can use also a grey copic on top color to make a shadow.
    My copic skin colors I gen. use are E000, YR000, E00, R12 (BLUSH), R43 (BLUSH), R22 (BLUSH), For shadows on skin I've been starting to use V95 and/or v99 .
    Blush colors depend on how dark you want it to be.
    For light skin I usually only use E000 and E00 and W1 (warm grey).
    I have a pretty big selection I got from a friend (luckily because I know they are expensive) I think her set was roughly around 300$ canadian.
    You can use a colorless blender to lighten colors too, or spread them.

Before I was using copics though I would buy prismacolor markers because they are a tad cheaper. You can draw using both without doing damage which is nice ^^
    what colors do you currently own?

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

oh, also, you can use pencil crayon over the copics to make more fine details AND to shade....just be light with them and I wouldn't recommend over a large space until your used to using them because they can come out patchy haha
    Ah yeah I looked on a tutorial that talked about shading and how to use a colour that is darker to shade and for manga you use white, I do feel that I should probably just do manga drawings till I get more art supplies. 300!! that is so much, my one was around 27 pounds. I believe my one is this one:
    http://www.pullingers.com/p/914417/c...LqMaAiuU8P8HAQ

Is it worth it to buy them seperately at first to try them out instead of a whole set? They are quite expensive and singles cost around £2 each... also I found this copic marker which is white and corrects ink, does anyone use that and is it worth it?

I want to draw So I will post it on the forums, I will make it manga only so hopefully it will improve the issue of copics and crayons etc. for now while I don't have much.
    So you believe my shading is mostly my style? I could agree because I use a lot of references, but I don't use one to avoid copying. I have around 10 images on my monitor to know how a character looks and then I let my hand draw her/him... that way I am sure there is a lot of my own style in it...
    and yep it does make sense thank you ^^ apologies for a lot of questions

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

So I found out that big eyes is not my style which is fine

Could anyone give me advice on how to make big eyes smaller but still keep the character in them? So people can recognise who it is. My hand simply doesn't agree with making big eyes... and I know that you cannot force a style out of your hand that doesn't exist. That is why the decim one is better...
    also I drawn it on insomnia so it isn't good I feel sleepy but obviously can't sleep.

15. Thanks Happyblossom thanked for this post
    Likes Happyblossom liked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Ah yeah I looked on a tutorial that talked about shading and how to use a colour that is darker to shade and for manga you use white, I do feel that I should probably just do manga drawings till I get more art supplies. 300!! that is so much, my one was around 27 pounds. I believe my one is this one:
    http://www.pullingers.com/p/914417/c...LqMaAiuU8P8HAQ

Is it worth it to buy them seperately at first to try them out instead of a whole set? They are quite expensive and singles cost around £2 each... also I found this copic marker which is white and corrects ink, does anyone use that and is it worth it?
    The clear one is not just a corrector. It's called a colorless blender...you can use it to correct colors, to extend a color (ie...lighten it...create highlights and other fun things) and you can also use it to blend different colors together nicely. I really like using it (now...that I've practice with it haha..there are youtube vids with tuts on how to use copics and blenders just fyi) Oh also, it only really works if the paper/ink you are trying to remove is still wet. Not sure if there is another marker you are talking about though.

Considering you have a set already, I would just add the colors you find you are missing for pictures...that's what I've been doing. Like I'm missing red colors (only have one dark red...I use a blender to lighten and gray to darken). Yes, unfortunately they are expensive...its nice though that you can refill them once they are empty (at least).

I think my set is 72 markers but I'm not 100% sure (lol haven't counted them). I would look online for sales and in store...but yeah, prismacolor are a cheaper alternative (kind of cheaper)
    http://www.prismacolor.com/products/art-markers

Anyway, I hope that info helps :/
    Last edited by mimiruchan; 03-07-2016 at 03:32 PM.

17. Likes Decim liked this post
    Gil
    Suspicious
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

The clear one is not just a corrector. It's called a colorless blender...you can use it to correct colors, to extend a color (ie...lighten it...create highlights and other fun things) and you can also use it to blend different colors together nicely. I really like using it (now...that I've practice with it haha..there are youtube vids with tuts on how to use copics and blenders just fyi) Oh also, it only really works if the paper/ink you are trying to remove is still wet. Not sure if there is another marker you are talking about though.

Considering you have a set already, I would just add the colors you find you are missing for pictures...that's what I've been doing. Like I'm missing red colors (only have one dark red...I use a blender to lighten and gray to darken). Yes, unfortunately they are expensive...its nice though that you can refill them once they are empty (at least).

I think my set is 72 markers but I'm not 100% sure (lol haven't counted them). I would look online for sales and in store...but yeah, prismacolor are a cheaper alternative (kind of cheaper)
    http://www.prismacolor.com/products/art-markers

Anyway, I hope that info helps :/
    Ah okay thanks for the advice I will look into buying it (Yeah I used those when I first got my copics to get a hang of things) yeah the issue is that the refills are cheaper than the markers themselves... I found some of my markers to actually start breaking apart, mostly when you open them... they sometimes fall apart so I prefer to just buy a pen.
    I ordered a mechanical pencil for drawing and some markers for outlining (for manga) to help me which were £12 all together... the pencil is refillible which is a good thing and there are three markers so it isn't like it will last for a day.
    I seen prisma color the issue is I already started with copics... and changing would be troublesome due to the colors etc. and how they probably all work together.

Gil
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Ah okay thanks for the advice I will look into buying it (Yeah I used those when I first got my copics to get a hang of things) yeah the issue is that the refills are cheaper than the markers themselves... I found some of my markers to actually start breaking apart, mostly when you open them... they sometimes fall apart so I prefer to just buy a pen.
    I ordered a mechanical pencil for drawing and some markers for outlining (for manga) to help me which were £12 all together... the pencil is refillible which is a good thing and there are three markers so it isn't like it will last for a day.
    I seen prisma color the issue is I already started with copics... and changing would be troublesome due to the colors etc. and how they probably all work together.
    Understandable...I used my copics and prisma interchangeably with the same drawing. I just started to use blue lead to do my rough sketches
    XD its lighter...I'm pretty heavy handed when it comes to drawing.

Anyway, can't wait to see more of your work :]

20. Thanks Decim thanked for this post
    Gil
    Suspicious
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Understandable...I used my copics and prisma interchangeably with the same drawing. I just started to use blue lead to do my rough sketches
    XD its lighter...I'm pretty heavy handed when it comes to drawing.

Anyway, can't wait to see more of your work :]
    Ah that's cool I might think about combining them then.
    Thanks!
    Also do you have any tips for making big eyes smaller? (since smaller eyes are my style) but still being able to recognise the character

Gil
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Ah that's cool I might think about combining them then.
    Thanks!
    Also do you have any tips for making big eyes smaller? (since smaller eyes are my style) but still being able to recognise the character
    When I do fanart I get frustrated myself because I don't think it really looks like my style XD
    BUT, that being said, I liked Vine's response to a similar question I had.
    Their response:

Quote Originally Posted by VineTabris View Post
    @mimiruchan : that question's kinda tough!! i guess it would be from a lot of practice drawing in my own style = v=;; i mean, when i'm looking at references for fanart, i do take care not to copy the style of the anime too much. i look at the references to get a general idea of the features and clothing of the characters, but i don't look at the reference close enough to the point where i'm copying every curve and line (and i suppose it helps that i've drawn the characters from ao no exorcist so much that i don't need references for them anymore). maybe when you draw fanart you should treat it like you're drawing one of your oc's cosplaying as the character you're trying to draw ' w'
    Anyway, just draw it how you want and by adding their clothes or hair or specific parts you'll just recognize them. Make sense?

23. Thanks Decim thanked for this post
    Gil
    Suspicious
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

When I do fanart I get frustrated myself because I don't think it really looks like my style XD
    BUT, that being said, I liked Vine's response to a similar question I had.
    Their response:

Anyway, just draw it how you want and by adding their clothes or hair or specific parts you'll just recognize them. Make sense?
    Yeah thank you that really helped I just had huge issues because drawing big eyes makes my drawings look like I was in primary school xD when my style is kind of the eyes from Death Parade and other anime which tend to focus on smaller eyes. Thanks!

25. Likes mimiruchan liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information