AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: "Motteke! Se-ra-fuku"

Junior Member 6f25 is on a distinguished road 6f25's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-28-2016 08:17 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default "Motteke! Se-ra-fuku"

http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/luckystar/motteke.htm

• "tonkotsu" means "tonkotsu ramen", a type of ramen.
    • "harigane" means a degree of hardness:
      BARIYAWA (very soft), YAWA (soft), FUTSUU (normal), KATA (hard), BARIKATA (very hard), HARIGANE (as wire), KONAOTOSHI
      (ref., ref.-J)
    • "zettai jan ryouiki jan?" : see Zettai ryoiki.

AnimeLyrics Admin
    EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2020 10:24 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: xenographer Steam ID: xen0glossy

Default Re: "Motteke! Se-ra-fuku"

There are already footnotes about the first two--do you disagree with "harigane" being wordplay? And do you think it's necessary to specifically say that tonkotsu is a kind of ramen rather than that it's a kind of food? That seems like hair-splitting to me.

You have a point on "zettai ryouiki," and I'm willing to make that change if the original translator, @princessofpep , doesn't show up within a month. (It seems like she hasn't been here since 2008, so that seems likely.)

Junior Member 6f25 is on a distinguished road 6f25's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-28-2016 08:17 AM
    Threads

Thanks, @bluepenguin , for your reply. I apologize if I am/was not polite. (I'm not an English native speaker, am a Japanese.)

Uh, I disagree with "harigane" being wordplay. Almost every otaku in Japan may feel it is not a wordplay in this context. I agree it is hair-splitting if there wasn't the word "wordplay". I just hope to remove/change the footnote.

AnimeLyrics Admin
    EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Ah, okay, I understand your point about "harigane" now. I can definitely remove that footnote once the one-month waiting period is over.

That wasn't the part I thought was hair-splitting, though. I was a little confused that you thought "Tonkotsu is a kind of food" needed to be corrected to "Tonkotsu is a kind of ramen." The first one is not wrong, it is just less specific. I guess there's no particular reason not to change it, though, if I'm editing the lyrics anyway.

Anyway, thank you for helping out, and I'm sorry as well if I was rude. There are a lot of people who try to make corrections here who really don't know what they're talking about, and so when people I don't recognize show up on this board, sometimes I don't treat them fairly. That's something I need to be more careful about.
    Last edited by EJTranslations; 02-26-2016 at 04:38 PM.

AnimeLyrics Admin
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Okay, I've made the changes. Thanks again!

Closed Thread

Thread Information