AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TAKARA/HOBBY BASE Ah! My Goddess "Belldandy" 1/6 scale Character Doll

Lady Shaorin's Soulmate Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Enterprise NCC 1701-B
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-14-2023 07:58 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default TAKARA/HOBBY BASE Ah! My Goddess "Belldandy" 1/6 scale Character Doll

((12/25/14))

i've a Goddess coming home for Christmas; (though a bit late, as she will arrive from Malaysia early/mid JAN.)

Belldandy, of Ah My Goddess! fame. there were blue and red versions available, i chose the blue.

being a late-90's TAKARA/YELLOW SUBMARINE product, her body, of course, will be the quite dismal (IMHO)
    TAKARA JENNY design of the time, so an OBITSU BODY replacement will immediately be in order;

she showed up late yesterday (1/2/15) and i've only recently had time to mess with her. that lovely hair is a PAIN to work with!
    first things first; get her over to a decent doll body such as the OBITSU i had for her, complete with undies. that wonky stock TAKARA body she arrived with simply will not do!!

there are all manner of gold-plated metal hoop rings meant to be attached to her outfit, a pair of hoop earrings, and a fairly hefty solid die-cast gold plated choker/necklace thing.
    lots and lots of gaudy little plated metal accoutrements to finish her outfit up with before i can dress her back up with it all,
    and a somewhat unclear series of instructions on how to do it all, tucked into the inner packaging.
    she definitely is not a "plug and play" doll, i even had take some X-ACTO surgery to the base of her skull to make it more natural looking around where it meets the neck.

she's looking as sweet and lovely now as Bell-chan should, but it sure took a bit of somewhat scary work to get her there, to my personal impossible-to-please standards, anyway.
    facially, she's certainly the most accurate three-dimensional depiction of a KOSUKE FUJISHIMA character i've ever had the pleasure of owning,
    her darling little face really conveys the Fujishima look surprisingly well, IMHO...

finally got her hair in some semblance of order. straight out of her box, it was a real mess.
    definitely higher maintenance than the hollow vinyl molded hair of my Mikuru-chan.
    Belldandy's such an Angel♥ she makes it all more than worth the trouble.

just in case anyone might not have been aware of it, she is literally a Goddess,
    loosely based upon a spiritual entity from ancient Norse mythology;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ver%C3%B0andi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norns

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oh_My_Goddess

Belldandy♥Holy Crusader

i recently acquired a used but well cared for mid-2000's AZONE Fate Stay/Night "Saber" 1/6 character doll from a fellow member of an Otaku collectors' forum (http://www.figure.fm/)

and when she arrived yesterday (1/6/16) the first thing that came to mind was trying her costume on my 1/6 TAKARA Belldandy.

well, guess what, looks like Saber just lost her garments for good!! i mean, to me at least, the outfit looks like it was made for Bell-chan.

she TOTALLY sells the look; the benevolent Queen of some medieval fantasy warrior kingdom...

Last edited by Tasuke; 02-24-2016 at 10:56 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information