AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Preacher

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Default Preacher

So recently Seth Rogen and AMC started on making a TV Series based on the iconic comic book series Preacher, by Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon under Vertigo Comics.

The plot centers around Jesse Custer who has been semi-possessed by a being called "Genesis" after it broke out from it's prison in heaven, and the possession gives the man the power to make people do what he says (the ability is called "the word of god"). He's with his ex and current girlfriend and an Irish vampire roam across the U.S. and other parts on the run from the law, angels hell bent on getting Genesis back, The Saint of Killers trying to kill Jesse and Genesis, and to find out where God is and why he's been hiding the whole time.

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preacher_(comics)

Honestly I really enjoyed reading this comic; I can't wait to see what the Live-Action will be like, but I seriously wish they'd play Diablo Blvd's Saint of Killers for the Saint of Killers theme in the show.

As anyone else read the comic or stoked about seeing the show?
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Senior Member Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts One Piece Wanted Poster Black Beauty LesPauls AK47
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-11-2019 09:34 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Teru_Murasame Steam ID: The_Human_Panzer

Default Re: Preacher

I just got into reading the trades before they made the announcement that they were making it into a TV series, and I am double-excited for it. It's been a good read so far, and my next check will go towards the others

This is the life we chose, the life we lead... and there is only one guarantee: None of us will see Heaven

Let's start with a bullet

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Yeah, I'm pretty stoked for it. I read it a tad when I was young, but after listening to Diablo Blvd's Saint of Killers (and watching the music video) I picked up all the trades and read through them again. The current cast looks amazing too.

Main:
    Dominic Cooper as Jesse Custer: A small town preacher who is on a mission to find God.
    Ruth Negga as Tulip O'Hare: The gun-toting ex of Custer.
    Joe Gilgun as Cassidy: An Irish Vampire and the best friend of Custer.
    W. Earl Brown as Sheriff Hugo Root: The mean-hearted father of Eugene Root, a flinty-eyed, conspiracy-credulous redneck who is not a fool and has a vulnerability to him.
    Tom Brooke as Fiore: one of two Adelphi angels tasked with watching the half-demon, half-angelic creature named 'Genesis'.

Recurring:
    Ian Colletti as Eugene Root / Arseface: Sheriff Roots son, disfigured after shooting himself in the face with a shotgun and surviving.
    Lucy Griffiths as Emily Woodrow: A character described as a "no-nonsense" single mother, waitress, church organist, bookkeeper and Custer's loyal right hand.
    Elizabeth Perkins as Vyla Quinncannon: A genteel but formidable businesswoman who owns the local slaughterhouse in Annville, and shares a past with Jesse's father.
    Jamie Anne Allman as Betsy Schenck: A meek wife who suffers beatings by the hand of her husband, Donny.
    Derek Wilson as Donny Schenck: A Civil War re-enactor and abusive thug who gets into altercations with Jesse Custer but nevertheless shows up to church on Sunday.
    Jackie Earle Haley as Odin Quincannon: A small, decrepit man with the unscrupulous iron will necessary to be the most powerful man in Annville County, Texas. The chief employer in town, Odin runs Quincannon Meat & Power, a 125-year-old family run cattle slaughterhouse business.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preach...and_characters
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Member VineTabris is on a distinguished road VineTabris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Eva Unit 01
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-11-2016 08:08 AM
    Threads

i always meant to read it, whenever i looked at the trades it looked interesting and like something i'd like, but i got too caught up in batman and saga to pick it up.
    might give it a try before the show comes out

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information