AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Japan Crate (Mystery Box Shipment of Japanese Candy)

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Default Japan Crate (Mystery Box Shipment of Japanese Candy)

Anyone heard of this service? I'm subscribed to Crunchyroll and they sent out a $10 off coupon for this service and it looked pretty interesting.

Apparently you can subscribe to have a box of Japanese candy (and a drink if you pay more) mailed to your house monthly. They have different box sizes ranging from $12, $25, and $30 boxes and of course the more months you subscribe to the cheaper the boxes get.

I'm going to try one month for $25 out myself and let you guys know the results of my taste testing endeavors in this thread later!

Link to the site if you're interested as well: https://japancrate.com/
    AF holds no liability to viewing or ordering external links though

Maybe we can get some Japanese Candy reviews going!

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Frozen lullaby mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Chibi Crisis Moon Compact Orange Dango Cosmic Heart Compact
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-06-2021 10:37 PM
    Threads

Default Re: Japan Crate (Mystery Box Shipment of Japanese Candy)

They look pretty awesome actually....I follow a cosplayer I met at a con last year who subscribes to them and posts her reviews via video on her instagram.
    Sometimes you get weird things - like, concept wise. But, in general it looks pretty cool.
    Can't wait for your reviews!

Ps. I thought they came with other things apart from just candy - like a mini manga or something?

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I think I was offered a similar crate to review before.

Either way, this is dope. Might try it.

<span style="font-weight:bold; font-style:italic; color:lemonchiffon; "></span> Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Ramen Kawaiislice Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-23-2016 06:39 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: cthulhulover69

A friend of mine did the 30$ one and wasn't disappointed, they give you some very interesting stuff and a few collectibles.

I'll have to try it soon, I love me some japanese candy/snacks. I had Pepsi Cheetos once, it was great.

They fizzed.
    Song Of The Moment:
    "Dreams are made winding through my head"

Signature made by me.
    *click below*

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

I'm really excited. I go to Epcots Japan pavilion a lot and try some of their candies but I'm a wimp and tend to stick with what I know so hopefully this gets me out of my little comfort zone. I think some boxes (or all not sure) come with a little mini manga and such.

They also have a kawaii toy counterpart but it's considerably more expensive with the only option being $30 a month and I was like "naaaah". But they looked so cute. My weakness.. Stuff I don't actually need XD

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

6. Likes mimiruchan liked this post
    <span style="font-weight:bold; font-style:italic; color:lemonchiffon; "></span> Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    I'm really excited. I go to Epcots Japan pavilion a lot and try some of their candies but I'm a wimp and tend to stick with what I know so hopefully this gets me out of my little comfort zone.
    Ahhhhh every time I went to Disney World that was the first place I'd go xD I've gotten a lot of my room decorations/things from there.

I end up usually making a specific budget just for that store <<'

And yeah I think all the boxes do come with a small manga, and I believe the toy is one of those collectible ones with the huge heads.
    Song Of The Moment:

Signature made by me.
    *click below*

Kuso Saniwa _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_'s Avatar
    Gil
    Torn
    Gifts Portal Companion Cube 025 - Pikachu Moon Crystal Locket
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-31-2017 12:20 AM
    Threads

Tried getting one from amiami: best decision I've ever made.
    Used to be known as cool_tria_anime.
    「今宵の俺は血に飢えている…ってな」

Illustration credit: banafria @ tumblr

Moderator Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts Moon Crescent Wand Wine Kangaroo
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 04:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I don't eat sweets, but I'm super tempted to subscribe to the 'Doki Doki' crate!

10. Likes blueangel06661 liked this post
    Kuso Saniwa _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_'s Avatar
    Gil
    Torn
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

My weakness.. Stuff I don't actually need XD
    This is so relateable, I'm crying.
    「今宵の俺は血に飢えている…ってな」

12. Likes blueangel06661 liked this post
    Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou+ View Post
    I think I was offered a similar crate to review before.

Either way, this is dope. Might try it.
    Nevermind. It was them.

Might contact them then.

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou+ View Post
    Nevermind. It was them.

Might contact them then.
    ooo you should! and give them to me if you don't want them ;p

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Member VineTabris is on a distinguished road VineTabris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Eva Unit 01
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-11-2016 08:08 AM
    Threads

this is probably the worst possible thing you could have shown me considering that i'm currently on a diet
    i'm signing up

edit: oops i signed up for a year
    Last edited by VineTabris; 01-21-2016 at 03:51 PM.

16. Likes blueangel06661 liked this post
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

I should be getting my crate tomorrow or Monday :3 I'm super stoked.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

18. Likes Jasanime liked this post
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

This is what I got in this months edition.

I did a video, it's saving now and I'll have to upload it maybe tomorrow

I enjoyed it, you'll see in my video but my favorite things were these:

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Gil
    Sassy
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Oooooo did you get green tea Kit Kats? And that stitch figurine is adorable.
    Song Of The Moment:

Signature made by me.
    *click below*

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Holocast View Post
    Oooooo did you get green tea Kit Kats? And that stitch figurine is adorable.
    Yup they were green tea; Stitch was not included in the box. He was mine ^-^

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

22. Likes Holocast liked this post
    Gil
    Sassy
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Yup they were green tea; Stitch was not included in the box. He was mine ^-^
    I bet they were yummy, I've always wanted to try them.
    Song Of The Moment:

Signature made by me.
    *click below*

Gil
    Torn
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

GSC just issued a warning that Japan Crate's DokiDoki line contained bootlegged items. Wow. O_O To think GSC would blew em up, well since, of what I've known, is their 2nd time for the DokiDoki line and promised to get a new supplier with original ones.
    「今宵の俺は血に飢えている…ってな」

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Sadly; with actual items I can see that being more of a problem of bootleg. Anime figurines are notorious for being bootlegged so I'm wondering which toy was bootlegged.

I would like them to fix the issue but I'm not going to hang them up to dry over it though since with foreign items it's so very easy and sometimes hard to tell. As long as there isn't a problem with the food AKA expired or recalled then personally I'm good.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Gil
    Torn
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

In my case, since I started off collecting 2-3 bootlegs and shifted to originals, differences could be detected upon close inspections. But, if the box had been opened that is, and GSC mentioned about this mini cardcaptor sakura item made by MaxFactory yet has GSC's logo on it, although they're of the same company.

Just hope they'll truly change their supplier this time for their DokiDoki lineup. I mean, they claimed that they aren't aware the merchs are bootlegs, aren't they suffering a loss as well to be cheated off their supplier?
    「今宵の俺は血に飢えている…ってな」

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Super late but I did make a video for february; I had a lot of issues editing it. By the end I quit cutting the video so I think you may see/hear me nom on some potato chips as well as awkward pauses too. Forgive me.

I'm awkward to begin with lol.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

28. Likes mimiruchan liked this post
    Gil
    Sassy
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I love everything going on in your frame lol the Mario blanket O: and the figurines on the shelves! I need to organize my stuff better lol

But yeah, thank you for the video. I like watching un-boxing videos, I usually end up binge watching them if I'm in the right mood xD
    Song Of The Moment:

Signature made by me.
    *click below*

30. Thanks blueangel06661 thanked for this post
    Frozen lullaby mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I love how you made a video! Its so much more interactive XD I wish more people posted responses via vid on here haha. Also, love the walrus stuffies in the background.
    And YOUR CAT <3 *focus Miru* lol
    :3

The sour candy xD I love how you sniff it first. You make me want to buy a crate haha.

I haven't had lunch....and watching you eat food is totally unfair. Anywho, thanks for posting this! I'm debating ordering one with a friend - we may do the special larger one though.
    Last edited by mimiruchan; 03-06-2016 at 02:02 AM.

32. Thanks blueangel06661 thanked for this post
    Senior Member Dunn x Dolo is a jewel in the rough Dunn x Dolo is a jewel in the rough Dunn x Dolo is a jewel in the rough Dunn x Dolo's Avatar
    Gil
    Flirty
    Gifts Systems NES Controller Char Zaku MS 06S Autobots
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-23-2016 09:08 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XxDUNNxxDOLOxX

My wife actually did a crate thing like this, but it was random snacks from around the globe. We would get different things from different countries. Like a bag of chips from England, Cookies from Brazil, Australian gum, etc. etc.

It was a pretty cool concept. I actually wanted to try a Japanese crate, but I dunno if I want candy. I would prefer actual food, like the ramen you see in anime, or other snack stuff. Plus I don't like having to sign up. I would rather be able to do a single purchase and keep doing it that way as long as I want. Meh. I might cave in and do it anyways.
    Im a sucker for the classics.....
    Don't hate until you try them......

Gil
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Dunn x Dolo View Post
    My wife actually did a crate thing like this, but it was random snacks from around the globe. We would get different things from different countries. Like a bag of chips from England, Cookies from Brazil, Australian gum, etc. etc.

It was a pretty cool concept. I actually wanted to try a Japanese crate, but I dunno if I want candy. I would prefer actual food, like the ramen you see in anime, or other snack stuff. Plus I don't like having to sign up. I would rather be able to do a single purchase and keep doing it that way as long as I want. Meh. I might cave in and do it anyways.
    I was just looking into this....you can make a single purchase for a crate, but it DOES cost less to buy a bulk order for the month.
    Also, wowza, I wish I lived in the states....unfortunately shipping is around 15$ for the one month. So 45$...I never finished the order because I am planning on sharing this with a friend...but I wonder if this will translate into being more money because I will be paying with Canadian dollars. Damn you Canada! Why must your dollar suck T_T

Also, I don't think they can import meat...hence the no ramen component (or it would cost a lot more) but still that would be cool.

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

Sorry 45$ for one month of premium crate.
    The DokiDoki crates look sooooo kawaii ahhhh

35. Likes Dunn x Dolo liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information