AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best Memories While Waiting in Line at a Con

Frozen lullaby mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Chibi Crisis Moon Compact Orange Dango Cosmic Heart Compact
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-06-2021 10:37 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Smile Best Memories While Waiting in Line at a Con

So, most conventions which have high amounts of attendees generally involve waiting in line for a long time until events either open, or space is available for more people.

I personally don't have to many crazy stories of things that have happened, but can only imagine silly, weird or interesting occurrences actually happening to people.

So here is my question, or I guess theme of the thread:
    What is the craziest thing you've seen or participated in. And/or, how have you personally dealt with the wait when attending line cons (cons with long line ups).

Here's a pic of a random game of Cards against humanity I joined while waiting to attend a panel of voice actors.

Cards against Humanity with anime otaku = interesting. LOVE IT.

Ps. I'm sorry if this is a double post of a previous thread...I didn't think I saw one earlier ^^;

Click image for larger version

Name:	cards.png
Views:	55
Size:	242.4 KB
ID:	85667
    Last edited by mimiruchan; 12-29-2015 at 12:40 AM.

<span style="font-weight:bold; font-style:italic; color:lemonchiffon; "></span> Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Ramen Kawaiislice Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-23-2016 06:39 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: cthulhulover69

Default Re: Best Memories While Waiting in Line at a Con

Ohhhh the dreaded convention lines. How I love them so.

The first convention I went to, while waiting to buy passes (I bought them online at every one after that) people were bouncing a balloon in the air and the goal was to not let it touch the ground. I was like 10 so when it came to me I panicked and accidentally popped it.

Another time, while I was waiting for the Cosplay Contest to start, I got into a very intense Yu-Gi-Oh card game and we ended up gambling pocky sticks. Needless to say I had a tummy ache afterwards from my spoils.

Finally, at a recent convention actually, while I was cosplaying as Haji from Blood+, I got to a panel line quite late so the line was out of the doors. Well, it started raining on us and this nice girl cosplaying as Holo from Spice and Wolf shared an umbrella with me. Made a new friend that day.

Those are all the instances I actually remember, my memory is slightly shoddy though so if I remember more I'll post again at a different time.
    Song Of The Moment:
    "Dreams are made winding through my head"

Signature made by me.
    *click below*

Frozen lullaby mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

That's actually one of the ONLY things I really love about lines at cons. You really do meet new people in them ^^
    Super cute about the balloon for your first con though @Holocaster

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Yu Puffin is on a distinguished road Yu Puffin's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-28-2016 06:35 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

I don't think anything particularly crazy has happened to me waiting in line, other than poor line management at one convention that almost caused me (and actually caused, for my friend) to not get an autograph from one of the guests because we followed directions by the volunteers, who turned out to have conflicting instructions, causing the people who were waiting in line longer to get disbanded while the people who just got there were allowed in.

But as for the best memory while waiting in line... At my first anime convention, which was in 2012, I was sitting in line for a panel next to a very awesome Grell cosplayer who was holding a Sebastian plushie while singing her heart out to the Bohemian Rhapsody someone was playing on Guitar Hero or something in the next room over. I haven't seen her since, but funny enough, I think I recently met someone at a cosplay meetup who is friends with this Grell.

Gil
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Yu Puffin View Post
    I don't think anything particularly crazy has happened to me waiting in line, other than poor line management at one convention that almost caused me (and actually caused, for my friend) to not get an autograph from one of the guests because we followed directions by the volunteers, who turned out to have conflicting instructions, causing the people who were waiting in line longer to get disbanded while the people who just got there were allowed in.
    Thanks for sharing Yu! I've had this happen as well, luckily we were able to still make it in once we realized the confusion. My friend shared a similar story, she had VIP passes, and for some reason, more people who arrived to vendors in the normal line were getting in much earlier than VIP passes...I used to volunteer at my local con when I was younger, so, I must also in put that stuff happens, and sometimes new volunteers, and old make mistakes. Hopefully not to have repeated again at least. Volunteers have to deal with so much stress.

That's awesome about the Grell cos though! Seriously, best part of cons...having a moment of calm to witness the chaos around you ^_^

For some reason I figured this thread would have more foot traffic oh well ^^;

&#32
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 1
    RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama's Avatar
    Gil
    Where
    Gifts V Guitar Coffee Red Kawaii Ice Cream Cone
    Mentioned
    1093 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2018 11:21 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: FunkyFresh123 Steam ID: RyuTama

There I was, cosplaying as an OC for Attack on Titan,

here comes a Tsukiyama cosplayer,

my phone conveniently goes off right as he walks past

"FORTISSIMO *SQUEAL*"

Guy looks back and sees my Pokemon phone case as I take it out

Asks if I play the newer games

I take out my 3DS

He takes out his

Mfw I was a Scout from the Survey Corps that battled and traded Pokemon with the cannibal Tsukiyama. Best day ever.

7. Likes Jasanime liked this post
    Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

>waiting in line.

It felt so good not waiting in line while in NYCC.

Totally not going overboard Nodoka LaMei has a reputation beyond repute Nodoka LaMei has a reputation beyond repute Nodoka LaMei has a reputation beyond repute Nodoka LaMei has a reputation beyond repute Nodoka LaMei has a reputation beyond repute Nodoka LaMei has a reputation beyond repute Nodoka LaMei has a reputation beyond repute Nodoka LaMei has a reputation beyond repute Nodoka LaMei has a reputation beyond repute Nodoka LaMei has a reputation beyond repute Nodoka LaMei has a reputation beyond repute Nodoka LaMei's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Neptune Henshin Pen Uranus Henshin Pen Soul Eater Logo
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-31-2019 11:29 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Me and one of my friends were waiting for a cosplay contest to start, so we played Roll For Shoes with some other people

I teleported to an island and tried to blow one guy up, and he kept trying to banish me but was failing, it was funny xD

Awesome GIF by me. <3

I see all, I know all.
    ♦A Diamond Book♦

because I
    totally
    hate the color red...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information