AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NaAniTraMo '15 Participation Thread

AnimeLyrics Admin
    EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2020 10:24 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: xenographer Steam ID: xen0glossy

Default NaAniTraMo '15 Participation Thread

Usually we do this in November, but I couldn't get my act together soon enough, so we're doing December instead. I'm also simplifying the rules a bit from last year, mostly because I don't like math and don't want to have to do very much of it.

The idea, basically, is to spend a month pushing yourself to translate as many songs as is within your capability. (Despite the name, these don't have to be anime songs specifically--just something that falls within the purview of this site.) If you are a Lv. 2 Contributor to AnimeLyrics and wish to participate, please reply to this thread with your song list (explained below).

The rules are largely the same as last year:
    • The event starts when the clock strikes 12 midnight (00:00) on December 1st in your timezone, and ends at 11:59 on December 31st. This means that different people will have different start and end times.
    • Incomplete or double submissions do not count.
    • Please do not simply put up lyrics that you have done beforehand, that is against the spirit of this challenge.
    • If the transliteration is not on the site yet, you are allowed to submit the translit before the event starts.
    • Translations from the event are immune from Lyrics Correction for a month.
    • You will declare a specific target number of submissions (which may be changed anytime before the challenge begins, but not after) that is based on your translating capabilities.
    • For translators who have been active for two years or less or have fewer than twenty translations on the site, the minimum target is ten songs. For more senior translators, the minimum is twenty-four. Your target number may be adjusted until December 1st.
    • In addition, you are to provide a song list adding up to roughly half your target number. This is your Compulsory Songs (CS) set. CS are songs you are committing to having translated by the end of the month. Only one translator participating in the challenge may have any given song on their CS list, and the song cannot already have a translation up on the site (check carefully; one year I missed that five whole songs on my list were already up).
    • The rest of your target number is made up of Freechoice Songs (FS). Any song you translate during the month of December that's not on your CS list counts toward your FS total. For example, if your target number is thirty-one, you could put sixteen songs on your CS list; you would then need to translate fifteen songs not on your CS list to make your target. (You could also pick fifteen CS songs and leave sixteen as FS, or seventeen and fourteen, as long as it's roughly half-and-half.)
    • If a song in your CS set has been translated by a non-participant during the event, you will be notified through PM to attempt it within 3 days.
    • If your t/l is judged to be superior, it will be put up on the site, which will count towards your CS list.
    • If your t/l is inferior, it will not be put up on the site, but will not be struck off your CS list.
    • If you do not respond with a t/l in 3 days, your song will be struck off from the CS list.
    • If a song from your CS set is struck off, you must make it up by translating two FS songs, increasing your target number. For example, if your target number is twenty-four with a CS set of fifteen, and four of those songs are struck off, not only do you have to translate four FS songs to make up for the CS songs you didn't do, you have to translate four extra FS songs, for a total of twenty-eight.
    • You are allowed to exceed your FS count and thus your target number.
    • I'm getting rid of the whole "weighting" thing from previous NaAniTraMos that made FS and CS songs count differently towards your completion percentage, because math is hard.

Confirmed Participants (CS/TN):
    Yu Puffin (13/24)
    Happyblossom (9/12)
    Rizuchan (15/30)
    bluepenguin (12/24)
    Last edited by EJTranslations; 12-08-2015 at 12:21 PM.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom's Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Gifts Snowman PPG Blossom Kawaiislice
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2020 02:10 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Default Re: NaAniTraMo '15 Participation Thread

Was waiting since I missed last year, but it had to be on the month of half-yearlys. Sigh.
    By the way, I've been active for a year, but I have more than 20 translation. So what would be my minimum?
    SoundCloud: Angery
    Short covers on Instagram: @project_mercury
    YouTubes: Angery Project Mercury

- views and any interaction all appreciated.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

AnimeLyrics Admin
    EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Happyblossom View Post
    Was waiting since I missed last year, but it had to be on the month of half-yearlys. Sigh.
    By the way, I've been active for a year, but I have more than 20 translation. So what would be my minimum?
    Sorry the timing isn't good for you, but the choices were to do it next month or skip it entirely this year. Though if no one signs up, that may still happen.

Your minimum would still be ten. The conditions for that are an "either" thing, not a "both" thing.

Yu Puffin is on a distinguished road Yu Puffin's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-28-2016 06:35 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

This sounds like fun! I've never participated in it before, but I've seen threads from past years -- and since I can translate now, I might as well try it out! December is a good month for me, too.
    As my current working goal is to translate all of the songs I've already transliterated in the past few years, I'm going to put some of my favorites on my CS list. I think since this is my first year trying it, I'm going to leave my goal at the default 24 songs so I don't burn myself out. xD My free-choice songs may include some of the others, or maybe a favorite I've found since then and not yet translated...

CS List (13) -- All are songs I've already transliterated from the Vocaloid section.
    Rurou no Tami
    Pane dhiria
    Black Black
    Harukaze to Akuma
    Gimme a Money!
    one
    EVER BLUE
    Hoshikuzu Shounen
    SUNIIKAA to KUJIRA to Shounen no Uta
    Say Beauty from...
    Shake it!
    PYX
    Inochi no YUUSUTITIA

Free Choice (11)
    ESORAGOTO (Wild Adapter)
    Faint Gloom (Vocaloid)
    Stay by my side (Vocaloid)
    brave soul (Saiyuki Reload)
    Night People (Vocaloid)
    shout (Saiyuki Reload: Gunlock)
    stiff breeze (Gensomaden Saiyuki)
    spirit (Saiyuki Reload)
    If it Rains (Vocaloid)
    ESORAGOTO (Vocaloid)
    False Egoist (Vocaloid)
    Last edited by Yu Puffin; 12-30-2015 at 09:33 PM.

Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom's Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by bluepenguin View Post
    Sorry the timing isn't good for you, but the choices were to do it next month or skip it entirely this year. Though if no one signs up, that may still happen.

Your minimum would still be ten. The conditions for that are an "either" thing, not a "both" thing.
    That's ok! And alright, so I'd be aiming for 12 for now, although I'd like to do more as FS if I find the time.
    CS list-
    From Ranpo Kitan-
    1. Mikazuki
    2. Speed to Masatsu
    From Bleach-
    3. Velonica
    4. chAngE
    5. HARUKAZE
    From amazarashi-
    6.Sutaaraito
    From Gintama-
    7. Sakura Mitsutsuki

FS
    Destiny
    Saigo Made II
    DAY X DAY
    Mou Ichido
    Koi-oto to Amazora
    Last edited by Happyblossom; 12-26-2015 at 11:01 AM.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Clannad Botan Snowman Neko Tv
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2020 10:22 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: rizuchan01 PSN ID: rizuchan01 Steam ID: rizuchan
    Last edited by EJTranslations; 12-30-2015 at 10:15 PM.

AnimeLyrics Admin
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Last edited by EJTranslations; 01-01-2016 at 12:00 PM.

AnimeLyrics Admin
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

After the first week of the challenge (we're one-quarter of the way through!), let's look at where the participants are:
    @Yu Puffin : 7/24 (29% - very nice!)
    @bluepenguin : 6/24 (25%)
    @Rizuchan : 4/30 (13%)
    @Happyblossom : 0/12 (0%)

Keep it up, everyone!
    Last edited by EJTranslations; 12-08-2015 at 12:21 PM.

AnimeLyrics Admin
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Time for another weekly update! (Well, technically it's one day overdue, but shh.) We're halfway through now.

@Yu Puffin : 15/24 (62%)
    @bluepenguin : 13/24 (54%)
    @Rizuchan : 12/30 (40%)
    @Happyblossom : 3/12 (25%)

Everyone's made a pretty good dent in their lists by now! Although Yu Puffin continues to put us all to shame.

AnimeLyrics Admin
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Final update!

@Yu Puffin : 19/24 (79%)
    @bluepenguin : 17/24 (70%)
    @Rizuchan : 20/30 (67%)
    @Happyblossom : 9/12 (75%)

Keep it up for one more week! The end is in sight.
    Last edited by EJTranslations; 12-24-2015 at 10:37 AM.

Gil
    Happy
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

I was pretty sure I did Velonica and Saigo Made II (FS) though?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

AnimeLyrics Admin
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

I was pretty sure I did Velonica and Saigo Made II (FS) though?
    Sorry, you did! It's been a bit tricky keeping up with all of this. If people could at least add their own FS songs to their posts, that would be helpful!

Gil
    Happy
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

I totally understand. I'll add my FS myself then! :3

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

AnimeLyrics Admin
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

I totally understand. I'll add my FS myself then! :3
    Much appreciated, thanks!

AnimeLyrics Admin
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

And another NaAniTraMo comes to an end! This year everyone completed the challenge they set for themselves, which I don't think has happened before, so congrats, everybody!

@Happyblossom was the winner for speed, finishing all her songs by December 25th, while @Yu Puffin , who had admirable pacing/time management and didn't need to scramble at the end like some of us (I mean me), and @Rizuchan , who really pulled out the stops in the second half of the month and got an impressive amount done quickly, both finished on the 30th. I am the loser, having done three of my songs (that's 1/8 of my total!) on the 31st. (And the last one wasn't posted to the site until the 1st, because I fell asleep on the keyboard before I could do it, but... close enough?)

Submissions by translators involved in NaAniTraMo accounted for 90 of 113 translations submitted in December, which is more than twice the number of translations submitted in November (40, by my manual count). Of course, we would need data from more than one month back to see if this increase was attributable to NaAniTraMo, but I think it's a pretty good guess.

"Trophies" will go out shortly.
    Last edited by EJTranslations; 01-04-2016 at 11:28 AM.

16. Thanks AzureDark, Happyblossom thanked for this post
    Likes AzureDark, Happyblossom, Rei liked this post
    紺碧の闇
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Little Big Planet Sackboy Neko Tv Prinny
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-05-2019 07:48 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: azutsukimiya

Congratulations to everyone involved! That's an awesome number of lyrics you guys did!

I'm not too sure if this counts as reward for all of you but I'm now officially off-hiatus.

...so that you know where you can find me

18. Likes Rei, Happyblossom, EJTranslations liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information