AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How did you learn Japanese?

Junior Member ericepstein1 is on a distinguished road ericepstein1's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-21-2020 02:33 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: How did you learn Japanese?

Quote Originally Posted by GordonnotRamsay View Post
    Bookmarking this forum. Stopped my online domyhomework4me course when I got into a bad spot. But slowly crawling to study again. Thanks for the links!
    That is the saddest think when you study on your own: there's no teacher or tutor or a friend to explain and motivate you on going farther... Anyway, good luck to you!

Senior Member sirius707 can only hope to improve sirius707's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-13-2023 04:20 AM
    Threads

I am self studying. resources are genki and tae kim. but I need someone to talk to.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-18-2024 09:00 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by sirius707 View Post
    I am self studying. resources are genki and tae kim. but I need someone to talk to.
    Yes, we all need someone to talk to. Oh, you mean to learn Japanese.

Count me out. I always had problems with foreign languages.

Jackie Coogan, Charlie Chaplin, and Charles Reisner as the Bully.

Reisner was a former pro boxer who turned actor, writer, and director. He previously worked for Chaplin behind the camera on The Gold Rush. Reisner would later become known as a comedy director working with The Marx Brothers, Jack Benny, and Abbot and Costello, among others.

Senior Member sirius707 can only hope to improve sirius707's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-13-2023 04:20 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    Yes, we all need someone to talk to. Oh, you mean to learn Japanese.

Count me out. I always had problems with foreign languages.
    hope you find someone to talk to

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by sirius707 View Post
    hope you find someone to talk to
    I have people to talk to, only with the coronavirus spreading out of control I just can't talk to them face to face. That's depressing.

Anyway, I've gotten way. . . .

Sorry.

Reisner was a former pro boxer who turned actor, writer, and director. He previously worked for Chaplin behind the camera on The Gold Rush. Reisner would later become known as a comedy director working with The Marx Brothers, Jack Benny, and Abbot and Costello, among others.

Senior Member ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-14-2024 08:26 PM
    Threads

The high school I went to in Arizona offered Japanese classes. I took them for three years and then I took another three at Arizona State University. This was shortly before the age of Toonami so I was kind of the only anime fan in the class. All of my classmates were overachievers looking for a challenge or to look good on their college applications. I just took it as a hobby and it worked out for me. I had a lot of exposure to the language through anime and games and gave me lots of opportunities to practice outside of class.
    Last edited by ParaParaJMo; 09-08-2021 at 06:37 AM.
    Check out my anime reviews at: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/users/hajimenojmo[/URL] and http://blog.honeyfeed.fm/

Junior Member Usopp is on a distinguished road Usopp's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-01-2023 04:01 PM
    Threads

I've been studying japanese for the past 2 years via watching anime and pimsluer japanese lessons on audible; they are EXTREMELY well constructed, and it makes it very easy to learn and memorize. I highly recommend!

I just do it at home in my room, I haven't had much outside help at all, but ive had the opportunity to speak to someone who onew japanese 2 or 3 times, and they asked if I've been to Japan (they could've mistaken me as a native if I wasn't white)
    Although my japanese isn't perfect yet (far from it) I'm going to work hard on it!

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

Same! It's always good to get practice in!

Senior Member ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

日本人たちは単なる日本語を喋っている外国人にいつも誉めているんだよ。
    Check out my anime reviews at: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/users/hajimenojmo[/URL] and http://blog.honeyfeed.fm/

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by ParaParaJMo View Post
    日本人たちは単なる日本語を喋っている外国人にいつも誉めているんだよ。
    Even if they do it in an American accent?

Gil
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

「日本語はお上手ですね」よく言っているよ。ただ挨拶だけでも。

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information