AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question for Readers

Member Nathan Warford is on a distinguished road Nathan Warford's Avatar
    Gil
    Asleep
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-28-2015 10:33 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Question Question for Readers

This seems to be a question that always comes to my mind when it comes to writing fanfiction: Will people actually read my story? I tend to be something of an attention {word meaning one who engages in sexual acts for financial compensation has been redacted} and I have an overwhelming need to know that what I put out there is appreciated.

There is a story that I wrote a while back that I posted to the fanfiction subforum of another website that is not longer active. It is a yuri (f/f) fanfic based off of the anime series Magical Meow Meow Taruto. I would not be asking this question about a series like Bleach or Puella Magi Madoka Magica because those are high profile series that are sure to get readers. Magical Meow Meow Taruto is a much more obscure series that I bet a lot of people don't know about.

Because of the series' obscurity, I feel the need to ask this question: If I post this story to the forum, will any of you guys read it?

Senior Member Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2016 03:38 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Metaphasic

Default Re: Question for Readers

Maybe it is my age, but I tend not to read fan fiction of any type. This is because I don't want to read something and think, "If only they'd done that in the real thing". I prefer to get my stories from the official authors. However, I am not specifically opposed to being asked to read something for review purposes.

P.S. I am not sure what the rules are for fan fiction here, but I would imagine that as long as you censored your work along the guidelines, the best way to find out whether people will read it, is to put it out there.
    Last edited by Metaphasic; 05-14-2015 at 04:18 AM.

WOW!!!! Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts AK47 American Flag Ribbon Systems N64
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2023 04:18 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WootenClen

If you write with the intention of garnering attention, you're doing it wrong. You might as well throw away your pen, and stop writing forever.
    I'm completely serious. This is such a bad attitude towards creating art that it pisses me off much more than that I convey here.
    Please don't value anything based on whether it gets attention, and don't let attention drive you to create- it's the most stupid thing you can do, and completely corrupts what it means to be an artist.
    I'm not saying this to be mean, I'm saying this because it's true.
    And post the fic already, goddamnit. I'll read it.

4. Likes mimiruchan, Holocast liked this post
    Frozen lullaby mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Chibi Crisis Moon Compact Orange Dango Cosmic Heart Compact
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-06-2021 10:37 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Kumagawa View Post
    Please don't value anything based on whether it gets attention, and don't let attention drive you to create- it's the most stupid thing you can do, and completely corrupts what it means to be an artist.
    I'm not saying this to be mean, I'm saying this because it's true.
    And post the fic already, goddamnit. I'll read it.
    Completely agree, also, if you are seriously trying to make work only for others gratification you yourself will start to lose passion towards your art form. People will like it or hate it, what matters is what it means to you. If it pleases you, then it will please at least some other people with similar tastes or those who are being opened up to new experiences. Besides, constructive criticism is what will help you perfect your skills.

Definitely post it (although...I also don't know the forum guidelines for content haha) either way, people will read it...even if they do not comment here. Because it's AF, we're all bored and looking for some form of entertainment

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information