AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: why do women have to be difficult?

Junior Member Konimimaru is on a distinguished road Konimimaru's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-28-2015 02:17 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default why do women have to be difficult?

Ok I have recently started dating a girl who has a son my sons age and having lots my ex fiancé and my son I love him like my own and trying to buy him stuff and even trying to survive on an apprentices salary is hard so I'm revering back to cage fighting to support the 3 of us but when I mention cage fighting or even train in front of her she gets depressed and tells me we don't have to care about money we can survive and she doesn't want me to get hurt . I'm doing it for the 3 of us and I feel like she doesn't support me

Senior Member someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast's Avatar
    Gil
    Nerdy
    Gifts Red Dango Kill Bill Katana Shuriken
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2016 08:12 AM
    Threads

Default Re: why do women have to be difficult?

that is the nature of women. I don't think it is the cage fighting but the thought of you putting your body through all of this just for her sake is what is probably doing her in.

Senior Member Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2016 03:38 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Metaphasic

Yeah, she obviously cares about you. If you have the physical body to cage fight, then there's a million other, safer things you could also do. You may have to go out of your comfort zone, but in the end, your family will be better off for it.

4. Likes Miss Moonlight liked this post
    Senior Member Kissed by Obito has a reputation beyond repute Kissed by Obito has a reputation beyond repute Kissed by Obito has a reputation beyond repute Kissed by Obito has a reputation beyond repute Kissed by Obito has a reputation beyond repute Kissed by Obito has a reputation beyond repute Kissed by Obito has a reputation beyond repute Kissed by Obito has a reputation beyond repute Kissed by Obito has a reputation beyond repute Kissed by Obito has a reputation beyond repute Kissed by Obito has a reputation beyond repute Kissed by Obito's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Pink And Blue Ribbon Makeup Flowers Fan2
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-30-2016 06:31 PM
    Threads

I don't see her as being difficult. I see her as worrying about you. She obviously loves you or she wouldn't be worrying about you. She loves you enough not to care about money but your safety.

My AF family:
    Cousins: Astral_Mage

6. Likes Jasanime, Miss Moonlight liked this post
    Junior Member henryford is on a distinguished road henryford's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-23-2015 12:21 PM
    Threads

Your wife is not being difficult, she is being worried about your health. Surely, the fact that you are thinking of going back to cage fighting means that you have some potential at other forms of work related to physical strength. Why don't you look for jobs related to it? Like maybe an instructor or a coach?
    Check out my blog dedicated to anime pls ~

8. Likes Miss Moonlight liked this post
    Junior Member Konimimaru is on a distinguished road Konimimaru's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-28-2015 02:17 PM
    Threads

Well I have been fighting for a very long time now to me its a talent that I have enough physical strength to pickup a 180 lb opponent trying to lock me in an arm bar and run around the cage for 5min+. Yeah I know she cares but I need to pay the bills I want to see her son go to a great school and I tried can only achieve that by fighting in my free time . I have tried looking for an extra job but its hell on earth to find one that pays as well as fighting does

Senior Member Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

"....that pays as well as..." <- this statement is your problem. Do not worry about how much you make, just make something. You want to know what our family income is? roughly 700 dollars every two weeks. We have four kids out of six still at home, and we are all healthy and happy. Stop trying to compete with your wife for equality in earnings, or make excuses for going back to fighting. It may not seem like that is what you are doing, but underneath it all, you are. There are a lot of people living on far less, and wealth is not everything. Time to swallow your pride.

What happens if you have a severe concussion, or die, during a fight? What about slipping into a coma? You aren't making anything at all then. Do you want that for your wife and kids?

*I apologize if that sounded harsh or judgmental, but I've had experience in the psychology and advice department. I'm just putting things in perspective for you.*
    Last edited by Metaphasic; 04-28-2015 at 07:04 AM.

They should have named it Doom4 or something DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Binoculars Kawaiislice Medkit
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2023 04:46 AM
    Threads

Also, don't just buy her son stuff; you'll spoil him. Show him you're a supportive father figure: spend time with him and learn a few things about/from him.

It's never safe to turn off your computer - Silent Strike

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Konimimaru View Post
    Ok I have recently started dating a girl who has a son my sons age and having lots my ex fiancé and my son I love him like my own and trying to buy him stuff and even trying to survive on an apprentices salary is hard so I'm revering back to cage fighting to support the 3 of us but when I mention cage fighting or even train in front of her she gets depressed and tells me we don't have to care about money we can survive and she doesn't want me to get hurt . I'm doing it for the 3 of us and I feel like she doesn't support me
    holy run on sentence batman.

I don't see how she's being "difficult" here, in any case it helps not to generalize an entire gender based on one experience; maybe you're just having trouble understanding her behavior based on her intentions?
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

13. Likes someoneofforumpast liked this post
    Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    Threads

Maybe the problem is you?

Last edited by Clayton_n; 04-28-2015 at 04:45 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

15. Likes Miss Moonlight liked this post
    Senior Member Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter's Avatar
    Gil
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-16-2022 08:51 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphasic View Post
    "....that pays as well as..." <- this statement is your problem. Do not worry about how much you make, just make something. You want to know what our family income is? roughly 700 dollars every two weeks. We have four kids out of six still at home, and we are all healthy and happy. Stop trying to compete with your wife for equality in earnings, or make excuses for going back to fighting. It may not seem like that is what you are doing, but underneath it all, you are. There are a lot of people living on far less, and wealth is not everything. Time to swallow your pride.

What happens if you have a severe concussion, or die, during a fight? What about slipping into a coma? You aren't making anything at all then. Do you want that for your wife and kids?

*I apologize if that sounded harsh or judgmental, but I've had experience in the psychology and advice department. I'm just putting things in perspective for you.*
    Sanctioned cage fighting/MMA isn't really that dangerous..

Unless OP is doing some crazy fight club thing. If that is the case, get life insurance.
    Last edited by Lightfighter; 04-28-2015 at 04:40 PM.

Gil
    Fine
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Well first, I respect his right to choose his own path. Dangerous or otherwise. I merely felt a need to say what nobody has said so far. A wise decision comes from considering all possibilities. I won't condemn a person for making a decision I do not agree with. Does that make my input clearer?

^^

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Seems to me she cares more about you than she cares about money.

Money isn't everything.. While it is nice it isn't everything.

She probably just doesn't want you to get hurt. Quite frankly I wouldn't date someone who fought for a living since I wouldn't want to deal with the baggage that comes with it. She does so that's her thing but eh.. It's your profession so she's being supportive but I can see where she's coming from.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

This sort of takes me back to a story my dad once told me. Back in the early '80s he did amateur auto racing. He was pretty decent at it too, came in 3rd in a national race the year my brother was born. The next year he got a larger and more powerful car, going from a MG-B to a Datsun Z. One race early that year he miscalculated a turn and smacked the wall at 120+ MPH, and the car was pretty much done for the rest of the race (And probably several months, as amateurs do just about everything out of pocket). When they go home, my mother looked him dead straight in the eyes and told him that she needed a husband and a father for her child more than she needed a race car driver (amateur or not).

It's a tough decision, choosing between what you love and who you love. And it never comes easy. As much as one may dislike having their other forcing them to choose, it's needed. Many times we think we can still make both happen and be alright. But usually that's just a fantasy, and we need our other to bring us back to reality. They probably wouldn't be good lovers if they let us continue on as if nothing is bad. Sure the money is good, but is it really worth it? I'm not even talking about the risk of injury or death. Is it worth the worry in her eyes, or the fear in her mind? Is it worth potentially missing out of things with the kids just to travel for fights?

And those are only questions you can answer.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

20. Thanks someoneofforumpast thanked for this post
    Senior Member Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Pizza Manekineko Headphones
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2017 07:54 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: zer0_rec0il

She is just concerned, she's just afraid she might lose you, women need to feel secure, she needs more than just a guy who could spoil her with money, she needs a partner who she could live the rest of her life with, not someone who would one day disappear on her for whatever reason.

Imagine yourself one day suddenly losing your loved one from an accident or so.
    .. yeah, no one wants to be in such situation.

Too kawaii to live, too sugoi to die Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    569 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2016 01:28 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

You should switch jobs like security. You got the fighting skill, so why not?

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Albear View Post
    You should switch jobs like security. You got the fighting skill, so why not?
    Because even the best security jobs don't pay that well... Most of them are at or just above minimum wage, and the best ones aren't but 3-4 bucks per hour more.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Too kawaii to live, too sugoi to die Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    569 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2016 01:28 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DeathBlade/13.666 View Post
    Because even the best security jobs don't pay that well... Most of them are at or just above minimum wage, and the best ones aren't but 3-4 bucks per hour more.
    Reconcile I say. Less pay from his cage matches, but easier for his girl to handle.

Senior Member дух has a reputation beyond repute дух has a reputation beyond repute дух has a reputation beyond repute дух has a reputation beyond repute дух has a reputation beyond repute дух has a reputation beyond repute дух has a reputation beyond repute дух has a reputation beyond repute дух has a reputation beyond repute дух has a reputation beyond repute дух has a reputation beyond repute дух's Avatar
    Gil
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2021 06:26 AM
    Threads

Ted get the belt out when da wommernz does thangs like feel she has an opinion or allowed to leave da kitchen. We be livin ole testament at Ted crib. I whip dat little booty. Bruh, I gib her dat Stone Cold Stunner when I come home, sometimes just to keep her on her toes. I go Bret Hart in da bedroom. My theme song start playing and she know she bout ta get it.

26. Likes Albear liked this post
    Senior Member Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts 143 - Snorlax Pen Electric Piano
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-11-2015 03:17 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Another possibility beside her being concerned about your safety maybe the effect that fighting might have on her child. You didn't specified exactly how old is he son, so I don't know how old he is, but this is a thing you should take in consideration. She might be afraid that your job might influence her son in a way that he too could choose to be a fighter or she is afraid that if he's being exposed to too much violence that might later show in his behaviour, like being aggressive, having tendancy to fight with peers etc.

But all I can give you and everyone else is an assumption. The only way you could know for sure is to ask her. Have a talk about it. Let her say what's on her mind and be sure to express your true feelings and thoughts on the matter as well.
    Nesh (nɛʃ) dialect adj. - sensitive to the cold

Set made by me
    ''Do your best, no matter how many times you fail!.''

28. Likes Astral_Mage liked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Albear View Post
    Reconcile I say. Less pay from his cage matches, but easier for his girl to handle.
    Almost, with a girl and 2 kids to take care of he'll have to look at a second job to cover bills, which will eat up his time with the family. If she had a job, it'd be easier so he may not have to get two, but it'd rob the kids of having more time with both parents.

Junior Member rivaledogawa is on a distinguished road rivaledogawa's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-23-2015 06:17 PM
    Threads

have you check this this Best Comedy Anime Chart.?

Anime Comedy Terbaik
    Best Comedy Anime

Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pocket Watch Katana Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2019 09:03 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'm afraid I don't know much about the state of "cage fighting" in South Africa (presuming you've accurately represented your location). I think we'd all be curious to know more about it though.

In the US the pay isn't so great. Actually there are occasionally articles about how bad it is. Lemmi try and find one:
    http://www.bjpenn.com/5-shocking-fac...ufc-pay-scale/

Now, 30k is about double the minimum wage, and they can probably have a job on the side to boot.

However you said you were getting a "apprentices salary " which implies you're on the path to a skilled trade. I'd suspect that focusing on that would likely have a better payout long term. Especially since any injury could end your cage fighting, and you'll age out in any case.

However there is something for admitting that you're doing something as much or more for yourself. If you've got a passion for the sport then maybe that's right for you. Just be honest with yourself about it.

Junior Member Lotuz is on a distinguished road Lotuz's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-19-2015 11:44 AM
    Threads

I feel you. Not an easy time in ZA. I think it would be more worrisome if she didn't feel that way about it. Key thing is just to talk about it with her and see what your options are together. This may not be her perspective but it's another perspective (food for thought). She could support you bringing in income but she doesn't support the damage on your body or the amount of risk involved.

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Switch to 2D op.
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information