AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: south carolina officer charged with murder (yes, it happened AGAIN)

Banned Forum / Chat Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts V Guitar Electric Guitar Black Guitar
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2016 08:54 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: gurutar Steam ID: gurutar2015

Default south carolina officer charged with murder (yes, it happened AGAIN)

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/04/08..._r=0&referrer=

if you don't want to read the article or watch the video (there's video evidence of the entire incident, shot by bystander), here's the tl;dr:

a black man was stopped by a white officer for a broken tail light. the suspect had back child support payments and had been arrested several times for this. he attempted to flee and a scuffle ensued. the officer's taser was knocked to the ground and the suspect ran away from the cop. he got about 20 feet away when the cop opened fire. he shot eight rounds, striking the suspect five times in the back. later in the video the cop is seen retrieving his taser, walking to the body of the suspect and dropping it near him. he later claimed that the suspect had taken his taser, and that he feared for his life.

what are your thoughts on this incident?

the video shows that the man was running away from the officer before he even drew his pistol. the suspect was fleeing, and the officer made the decision to draw his weapon and fire at the man. it's very fortunate that this whole incident was caught on tape, otherwise there'd be no proof that the officer planted the taser and he may have had a chance of beating the charges.

i truly hope this cop goes down for murder. what he did was completely unwarranted. the suspect posed no threat to anyone. yes, fleeing from a police officer was a poor choice, but it doesn't mean he should lose his life over it.

fun fact: 47% of North Charleston (where the incident took place) is black and 37% is white. the police force is 80% white. take what you want from that.

the amount of unncessesary police shootings is on the rise lately. seems like every other week another one occurs, and it's almost always white cops shooting black suspects.

here's my idea: body cameras on every officer. it's obvious that the police can't be trusted with the amount of power and authority they have. i don't know about you guys, but i'm liking police less and less every time i hear a story like this. i know there are bad apples and a good amount of the force is comprised of honest people. but there are just so many incidents like this happening, it makes every cop look bad. the internet filled with video evidence of police abusing their authority. i think they'd abuse it a lot less if their actions were being recorded every second they were on duty.

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Default Re: south carolina officer charged with murder (yes, it happened AGAIN)

I don't think there's enough content or quality to make a complete judgement call from the situation, but with the Mayor coming out against the actions and the officer being charged, I'm sure they went through the proper processes to determine whether or not the officer was right or wrong in his actions. I believe it's heavily suspicious and criminal of him, not only for just shooting at a guy in the back 8 times, but for tampering a crime scene and moving evidence.

Still, it's a bit messed up for me as I just left that city half a month ago.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Senior Member TragiK313 will become famous soon enough TragiK313 will become famous soon enough TragiK313's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-25-2015 04:48 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: TragiK313

I think there's no question about this guys guilt. This shooting is absolutely cut and dry. The cop has been imprisoned and that's good. I just hope people don't flip out and burn down there own community and loot and riot like they did last year. They probably will, people like having a reason for such stuff but I will say that this shooting is deserving of people hating the cop far far more than the other recent cases. This guys a criminal and deserves jail.

Oh and until we stop frellin making every thing a black white thing nothing will change. The enemy is not each other. And as long as we think it is, and we keep pointing hate and fighting amongst ourselves. Our enemy has no opposition. Builderburg and the ultrarich, the government. Fighting about race only takes attention off of real dangers and their backdrop bullshit. And that's what these bastards want. anyway ...imma go talk about anime. That's why I have this app anyway

Too kawaii to live, too sugoi to die Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    569 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2016 01:28 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

That went from....
    Good: officer stopping dude for late payments.
    Bad: the scuffle.
    Ugly: officer blasting couple rounds instead of chasing.

The officer deserved the charges. Man.. if you can't take on the suspect, call for backup.

Senior Member Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter's Avatar
    Gil
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-16-2022 08:51 PM
    Threads

I have no inside knowledge on this case, but, don't be shocked if there is no conviction for the officer.

Edit: Not due to racism or whatever, but due to use of force technicalities and factors like TN v. Garner.

Who knows.

Heh, Edit 2: The video doesn't make much of a difference here. Forensic evidence would show where the shots were fired, where the taser was fired, and the locations of the GSW's.
    Last edited by Lightfighter; 04-16-2015 at 04:13 PM.

🐮🔪 "I'll see it when I believe it" 🐮🔪 ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Cookie Cookie Hedgehog
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-16-2023 02:57 PM
    The corner of Everywhere and Nowhere, ya dig?
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: TwilightWolf2508 Steam ID: zombiewolf2508

Whike the officer shouldn't have shot, I can't say I feel sorry for the other guy. It might not have happened if he hadn't tried to run. He put himself in the position by not paying child support and by trying to run. The cop was wrong to respond in the way that he did, but the man shouldn't have tried to run, and it's ultimately his own fault that he's dead.

My mood on a daily basis

They should have named it Doom4 or something DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Binoculars Kawaiislice Medkit
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2023 04:46 AM
    Threads

Don't you get it yet? The cops are out to kill you all; they don't need a good reason, the Obamanation gives them licence to kill.
    Here's one of many examples http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/br...319-story.html
    There are exceptions of cops who're just trying to be fair, but they're firing them all.

It's never safe to turn off your computer - Silent Strike

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information