AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [GUIDE] How to get Katawa Shoujo on your phone!

Senior Member Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Movie Ticket Red Dango Notebook
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-05-2018 01:37 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Solomore Steam ID: sustainna

Default [GUIDE] How to get Katawa Shoujo on your phone!

This guide will show you how to download, install, and run Katawa Shoujo on your phone
    Update 08/21/2017 - Updated Download Links. both APK and OBB in a single rar file in Google Drive. The old download links have been removed/moved to a phishing site.
    Also yes. I am still alive.

EDIT/UPDATE: Reddit User OrionRBR has posted on his newly released experimental build, which allows for more phones to have access to the menu by binding the back key to the menu key, allowing phones without a menu button quick access to saves, loads, options, etc. Please read about it here. https://www.reddit.com/r/katawashouj...working_on_70/

EDIT/UPDATE: go to Settings → Accessibility → Dexterity and Interaction → turn on the Assistant Menu. This will add a floating button to the screen that you can press to reveal a menu containing the old Menu button. This allows for the in-game menu without the android menu key!

EDIT/UPDATE: IF RUNNING ANDROID 7.0 + GO READ HERE!

Requirements:
    while there are NO minimum requirements listed, this is the recommended gathered from testing.

- 500MB of space on your phone's memory
    - 500MB ram
    - 480 x 800 resolution or higher
    - The game has high battery consumption, recommended to play long sessions only when high battery or charging.
    - Some phones cant access the options menu due to button setup, though this seems to only occur on really old smart phones. I haven't run into this problem with a Galaxy S2X or an S3.

Instructions:

- Download the Android package (apk + obb) - 418MB
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5J...ew?usp=sharing

- Copy both files to your phone using a usb cable, bluetooth, etc. Downloading straight to your phone can cause difficulty with the files on a good chunk of devices.

- Install the apk using any Android file manager.
    (If the installation fails, make sure "Unknown sources" is checked in your device's security settings)

- Copy the obb file to /Android/obb/vn.katawashoujo/ on your external storage device,
    usually an SD Card. Create the folders if they don't exists.

- When done, your file-tree should look like this on your computer
    Name:  Screenshot_15.png
Views: 85249
Size:  24.2 KB

- That's it, launch KS on your phone

- Save Files are located at /Android/data/vn.katawashoujo/files/saves on your external storage

ALL CREDIT to the port and downloads belong to M2e of pastebin, who put the game on android, I basically just tl;dr'd his guide, which you can find here; http://pastebin.com/ZyRkVY5W
    Last edited by Sustainna; 02-09-2018 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Changed Download Links. Now on Google Drive. Old download links were moved to a phishing site without my knowledge.
    "Used to be named Solomore. Adopted a new Username/Handle. Find me on Twitch! Twitch.tv/sustainna"
    If My Heart Had Wings Review: ~*10/10*~ http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...eart-Had-Wings
    Katawa Shoujo Review: 9/10 http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...-Katawa-Shoujo
    Facebook Page for Visual Novel Fans: https://www.facebook.com/visualnovelfanclub

2. Thanks Nanobyte thanked for this post
    Likes Astral_Mage liked this post
    Junior Member WeiHungLim is on a distinguished road WeiHungLim's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2015 03:59 PM
    Threads

Default Re: [GUIDE] How to get Katawa Shoujo on your phone!

It is a nice sharing, cheers.
    Last edited by Ranshiin; 09-27-2015 at 05:54 AM.

Junior Member WeiHungLim is on a distinguished road WeiHungLim's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2015 03:59 PM
    Threads

Thanks for sharing.

Junior Member Ayamuri is on a distinguished road Ayamuri's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-29-2015 09:18 PM
    Threads

Hi, my file tree looks like that but when I launch the game, it says "Katawa Shoujo has stopped" and at the top of my phone, it says "Katawa Shoujo is searching for resources to download." I know that due to the initial site, they said this means the obb file was placed incorrectly but mine looks exactly like yours. I used AirDroid though to install the apk file but I was also able to do so without using one on my first run with attemping to get the game going. I deleted that attempt to try it with the file manager but no luck. It installs fine but won't run.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Oh, and my phone is a Galaxy S4 with a few gigabytes available on SD and internal storage.

6. Likes Sustainna liked this post
    Aggressively stupid Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Kawaiislice Alice Pocket Watch
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-07-2024 04:50 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I like how this has over 11k views. Nice job @Solomore .

8. Thanks Sustainna thanked for this post
    Likes Sustainna liked this post
    Senior Member Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamuri View Post
    Hi, my file tree looks like that but when I launch the game, it says "Katawa Shoujo has stopped" and at the top of my phone, it says "Katawa Shoujo is searching for resources to download." I know that due to the initial site, they said this means the obb file was placed incorrectly but mine looks exactly like yours. I used AirDroid though to install the apk file but I was also able to do so without using one on my first run with attemping to get the game going. I deleted that attempt to try it with the file manager but no luck. It installs fine but won't run.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Oh, and my phone is a Galaxy S4 with a few gigabytes available on SD and internal storage.
    I too am using the galaxy S4 now, and re-installed it without issues.
    Try reconstructing the file tree, being sure that everything is spelled exactly the same. Install with the DEFAULT ANDROID PACKAGE INSTALLER! third-party package installers have a habit of breaking.
    I would reformat my phone to test it out myself (Need to clean it anyways)... except I have a VN on it that wont backup and would take me literally months to catch up to where I'm at >_<.
    If you cant get it to work in a few tries and know 100% you are following everything exactly, feel free to send a PM and I'll try to get things sorted out.

What this means is that your phone, or rather, the app is looking in the wrong storage.

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nanobyte View Post
    I like how this has over 11k views. Nice job @Solomore .
    Thank you very much
    "Used to be named Solomore. Adopted a new Username/Handle. Find me on Twitch! Twitch.tv/sustainna"
    If My Heart Had Wings Review: ~*10/10*~ http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...eart-Had-Wings
    Katawa Shoujo Review: 9/10 http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...-Katawa-Shoujo
    Facebook Page for Visual Novel Fans: https://www.facebook.com/visualnovelfanclub

Junior Member Ayamuri is on a distinguished road Ayamuri's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-29-2015 09:18 PM
    Threads

Thank you for the help! I see where I went wrong. The directions say "copy the obb file to (yada yada yada) on your external storage device, usually an SD card". I took this to mean to make the obb and vn.katawashoujo files on the SD card and move the obb file (which was downloaded to my phone storage) to my SD card.

Upon looking closer at the picture here though, I see you would create the files in the phone storage. This time, it launched for me. I wouldn't have caught that if it weren't for the visual provided so thank you greatly!

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Not at all. Glad to be of help

Junior Member onami is on a distinguished road onami's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-30-2015 12:19 PM
    Threads

Thank you.

However, I don't understand how I'm supposed to invoke the game menu when playing in my Galaxy Note 4. Any ideas?
    Last edited by onami; 10-30-2015 at 12:23 PM.

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by onami View Post
    Thank you.

However, I don't understand how I'm supposed to invoke the game menu when playing in my Galaxy Note 4. Any ideas?
    This is a common problem due to the phone or tablets button setup. Unfortunately for some phones there is simply no button to access the menu directly.
    Unfortunately the author of the port hasn't released any fixes for this. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Junior Member RioPang is on a distinguished road RioPang's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-28-2015 08:48 AM
    Threads

erm... hi there i having trouble downloading can you make the explaination easier?

im using a galaxy note 4

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by RioPang View Post
    erm... hi there i having trouble downloading can you make the explaination easier?

im using a galaxy note 4
    Sorry for the (Very) late reply. I literally cant make the guide any simpler without making a video (Which I will not do, sorry.) or doing it for you (Which I also cant do).
    The goal of this guide is actually to explain it better than the ports creator, with images and whatnot. I have also never used a note 4 but it should be the same process as explained here. It might take a few attempts but I literally cant explain it further, sorry

Junior Member Gamer42j is on a distinguished road Gamer42j's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-19-2015 08:06 PM
    Threads

Its seems like the new apk doesn't work or something no matter how many times I try yo install it I get a parse error And I know it's not the unknown sources thing I've allowed installation from unknown sources my android is updated and I have an xepria z3 so there's no way it's any of those so the only thing remaining is that the apk is broken it only downloads up to like 13 Kb instead of the full 6 Mb so I was wondering if you have a way around this I've been trying for a few hours to find previous working versions but to no avail.

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Gamer42j View Post
    Its seems like the new apk doesn't work or something no matter how many times I try yo install it I get a parse error And I know it's not the unknown sources thing I've allowed installation from unknown sources my android is updated and I have an xepria z3 so there's no way it's any of those so the only thing remaining is that the apk is broken it only downloads up to like 13 Kb instead of the full 6 Mb so I was wondering if you have a way around this I've been trying for a few hours to find previous working versions but to no avail.
    Are you downloading through your phone? If so thats the problem.
    New APK? Dont know what you mean.

Junior Member nikolasimic is on a distinguished road nikolasimic's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-27-2015 05:19 PM
    Threads

Hello there. Thank you very much for the guide, I'm very glad I can play this on my android. I haven't noticed any problems so far on my Galaxy S2.
    Just one question: is it possible to return to the previous scene or previous bit of text somehow? It's no biggie though cause there's always Text History.

🐮🔪 Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-13-2019 08:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

You say this is a VN type game? I think most VN games are hentai games, so they are not appropriate for posting in these forums. Also, I believe posting a download link to the APK file is software piracy, unless the developers of the game specifically released it as freeware or open source software. If you have to pay to get it normally, you shouldn't download it for free, and you shouldn't post links to a free download of it. I believe these forums have a specific rule against software piracy.
    Last edited by Animedude5555; 12-29-2015 at 06:07 PM.
    Click the banner to visit my website.

My website is still under construction, so please visit it often to see it as it grows. You may have to press F5 to refresh the page if there's something new that's not showing (in some rare cases, you may have to use Ctrl+F5). If you wish to contact me about my site and are a member of Animeforum, PM me. If you are just a guest visiting Animeforum, please use [email protected]

20. Dislikes Sustainna disliked this post
    WOW!!!! Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts AK47 American Flag Ribbon Systems N64
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2023 04:18 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WootenClen

Quote Originally Posted by nikolasimic View Post
    Just one question: is it possible to return to the previous scene or previous bit of text somehow?
    The only way to go back is to make a save and reloading it.

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I was given permission by the author of the port. Also the game is freeware.

---------- Post added at 01:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Animedude5555 View Post
    You say this is a VN type game? I think most VN games are hentai games, so they are not appropriate for posting in these forums. Also, I believe posting a download link to the APK file is software piracy, unless the developers of the game specifically released it as freeware or open source software. If you have to pay to get it normally, you shouldn't download it for free, and you shouldn't post links to a free download of it. I believe these forums have a specific rule against software piracy.
    I was given permission, Its also a FREEWARE game, so no piracy.

🐮🔪 Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-13-2019 08:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Solomore View Post
    I was given permission by the author of the port. Also the game is freeware.

---------- Post added at 01:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 AM ----------

I was given permission, Its also a FREEWARE game, so no piracy.

But it's still a hentai game isn't it? So doesn't posting a download link here violate the rules against posting porn on the forums?
    Click the banner to visit my website.

My website is still under construction, so please visit it often to see it as it grows. You may have to press F5 to refresh the page if there's something new that's not showing (in some rare cases, you may have to use Ctrl+F5). If you wish to contact me about my site and are a member of Animeforum, PM me. If you are just a guest visiting Animeforum, please use [email protected]

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

But it's still a hentai game isn't it? So doesn't posting a download link here violate the rules against posting porn on the forums?
    No its not a hentai game... and you can disable any scenes that you might remotely think are such.

WOW!!!! Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts AK47 American Flag Ribbon Systems N64
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2023 04:18 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WootenClen

I have a feeling animedude is just being a rule nazi for the sake of it. And yeah, KS is hardly a hentai game. I personally just turned the ero scenes off, because they were completely out of place in my opinion.

26. Thanks Sustainna thanked for this post
    how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kumagawa View Post
    I have a feeling animedude is just being a rule nazi for the sake of it. And yeah, KS is hardly a hentai game. I personally just turned the ero scenes off, because they were completely out of place in my opinion.
    Yeah, just ignore him.
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

Senior Member Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Pizza Manekineko Headphones
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2017 07:54 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: zer0_rec0il

That's funny coming from a member who tends to break the rules quite often & constantly posting about "hot chicks" who often seem underage xD

Man, check your tail before checking others.

29. Likes Sustainna liked this post
    Junior Member DagoronDraco is on a distinguished road DagoronDraco's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-09-2016 02:11 AM
    Threads

Hi. Thanks so much for posting this. I love this game and having it mobile is phenomenal.

Unfortunately I'm in kind of a pickle.

I've downloaded everything and placed everything properly, but it's not working. The game starts, but won't go past the opening image to the main menu.

I thought it might be a load time issue, but even after 20 minutes of letting it sit, it hasn't budged.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Aaaaaaaaand I'm an idiot. I some how skipped over the two posts discussing this issue XD

I'm using a phone. I'm assuming that means it won't work?

EDIT 2: Never mind! I started talking the screen randomly to see if I hit something invisible and BOOM! I got something!

It works and I am now super hyped! Don't know where I clicked it, but I know it's somewhere!

Thanks again!
    Last edited by DagoronDraco; 04-09-2016 at 02:20 AM.

31. Thanks Sustainna thanked for this post
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by DagoronDraco View Post
    Hi. Thanks so much for posting this. I love this game and having it mobile is phenomenal.

Unfortunately I'm in kind of a pickle.

I've downloaded everything and placed everything properly, but it's not working. The game starts, but won't go past the opening image to the main menu.

I thought it might be a load time issue, but even after 20 minutes of letting it sit, it hasn't budged.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Aaaaaaaaand I'm an idiot. I some how skipped over the two posts discussing this issue XD

I'm using a phone. I'm assuming that means it won't work?

EDIT 2: Never mind! I started talking the screen randomly to see if I hit something invisible and BOOM! I got something!

It works and I am now super hyped! Don't know where I clicked it, but I know it's somewhere!

Thanks again!
    Lol dont mention it! ^_^ Anything to spread this game around.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information