AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help write the story! - RPG Maker Edition

Senior Member Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Movie Ticket Red Dango Notebook
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-05-2018 01:37 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Solomore Steam ID: sustainna

Default Help write the story! - RPG Maker Edition

Basically, I want to make an RPG Maker game, not a long one mind you, I want it to take a few hours if not shorter to beat, but I also want it to be memorable; heres my idea

- Takes place in a dream-like world, mirroring the real world where dying people who aren't ready to die are given a chance to get over their inner turmoil to redeem themselves and survive.
    - Only those who have felt true despair and are too young to bear such burdens, or have nearly succumbed to despair, have been trapped.

- Main Character (Aged around 15 - 16) does not know about his past or reason for being sent to "Limbo"
    ○ He remembers hearing voices before waking up here, though he cant make out what they were saying. (Later revealed to be the doctor talking to his mother about his accident and him possibly dying)
    ○ At one point in the game you will be in the "Field of Memories", where you are in a dungeon-like zone where you can uncover your past (Dungeon-like in design, looks dream-like visually)

- Soon after starting the game you meet the Second Character, A girl about your age
    ○ Dying of illness
    ○ The good ending of the game (post-credits) one year later you go see her at her home, meeting her for the first time outside of limbo

- Third Character (Not in party) acts as a guardian, mysterious as he may be, he appears occasionally offering guidance
    ○ He has been in Limbo for quite some time
    ○ Reason for being in limbo; he tried to commit suicide
    ○ He lost the one he loved, feeling as though its his fault for "Scaring her away"
    He got mad at her one night over depression of thinking he was a faliure
    She felt as though she needed to give him time to cool down, so she went out with a friend
    She got killed (not explained how) and he in turn , having nothing left in his life to live for,tried to commit suicide, blaming himself for what has happened.
    Now comatose in a hospital, In limbo he is trying to spare the main characters from sharing the same fate.

- Some people in limbo have succumbed to their grief and have gone mad, believing death is the only way out.

Id like to implement a short talent tree system
    Unique "Dream" combat mechanic.
    "Used to be named Solomore. Adopted a new Username/Handle. Find me on Twitch! Twitch.tv/sustainna"
    If My Heart Had Wings Review: ~*10/10*~ http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...eart-Had-Wings
    Katawa Shoujo Review: 9/10 http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...-Katawa-Shoujo
    Facebook Page for Visual Novel Fans: https://www.facebook.com/visualnovelfanclub

WOW!!!! Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts AK47 American Flag Ribbon Systems N64
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2020 03:38 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WootenClen

Default Re: Help write the story! - RPG Maker Edition

You say you're looking for a writer, but by posting that gigantic wall of restrictions you're not exactly making it attractive for people to help you. Also, you should try to think up mechanics BEFORE you write a game.

Senior Member Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Movie Ticket Red Dango Notebook
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-05-2018 01:37 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Solomore Steam ID: sustainna

Kind of a late post xD but I wasnt looking for a writer perse, I just wanted to know if anyone had ideas to share.
    Anyways since the original post, The game has been scrapped; but ideas are being salvaged.
    "Used to be named Solomore. Adopted a new Username/Handle. Find me on Twitch! Twitch.tv/sustainna"
    If My Heart Had Wings Review: ~*10/10*~ http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...eart-Had-Wings
    Katawa Shoujo Review: 9/10 http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...-Katawa-Shoujo
    Facebook Page for Visual Novel Fans: https://www.facebook.com/visualnovelfanclub

Senior Member Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Pizza Manekineko Headphones
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2017 07:54 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: zer0_rec0il

@Solomore

Hopefully the "tool of destruction" would be transformed from a scrapped idea to a more tangible material

5. Thanks Sustainna thanked for this post
    Likes Shotcookie13512, Sustainna liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information