AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread: RPG: The School of Seven Towers

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: RPG: The School of Seven Towers

@Cross Avantgarde @sunnyside @~Shobu~

”Three hours, huh? …” Shi’ran responded in a quietly-musing tone when Shar told him about how long it’d take them to get to the destination. He trailed off because he thought for a moment – he tried to decipher whether it was three hours because it was so far away, or three hours because the Cloudclipper was slow. Could’ve been either, and after a moment he spoke up again. ”Well … if you could tell us about the region and stuff, that’d be swell. I mean, that Sefton guy wanted us to go with him to this place? So at the least we ought to know what it’s like and what to expect there. All I know from what he said is it’s the remains of a ruined city.”

The dragon-Therian fell quiet then and listened to what Shar said about Tierce and what to expect there or … well, or whatever the Dog (his term) said about the place. He fished out another sausage roll from the trays of food on the table and chewed on it during the explanation, and nearer the end of it he seemed to lose interest – but didn’t actually, it was just because he decided to reach across to pull his Hoverboard up onto the empty side of his bench and settle a hand down upon the crystalline ‘core’ that served as its power-source, its battery … so some of that energy he had just taken on from the food could be used to charge the device. Last thing he wanted was for it to die like it had the previous night …

Some time after Shar finished explaining about Tierce he heard Phoenix speak up and ask him a question … a very odd question, and yet a very curious question. Shi’ran was surprised enough by being asked it that he went as far as to gaze directly at her … though perhaps that might’ve been very unsettling. He didn’t know.

”… Inconvenient? No, not inconvenient at all … why? Has this got something to do with last night?” He asked, wondering why of all things to ask him why this girl decided to ask him about his tail. It was a very strange way to try and start conversation … not that he was any good at that anyway.

@sunnyside for what it’s worth, if you think we should just skip the journey then do so. I don’t think much will happen and I think as Shobu said it’ll get hard for us to fill the time with conversation. Up to you.
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pocket Watch Katana Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2019 09:03 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@ELR

Kershaw exhaled and gave an obviously relieved smile as Sam changed form. The humming stops and she said "Whew! Sorry about that! I completely misunderstood!"

She seems quite happy again as Sam sets off, and eagerly watches him go from the railings around her "bedroom".

OOC: The stuff is down there among the pipes, and the area is generally dry, you can describe that aspect of things if you'd wish.

--------------

@Ranshiin @~Shobu~ @Cross Avantgarde

OOC: I suppose it's more your thing to decide on. If you want you could just establish conversations between people, or perhaps a default of Shar giving you a basic rundown on the places geography so you'd be able to somewhat orient yourselves.

As the trip went along, if you were looking down, you'd occasionally see the occasional flying airship in the distance or an airborne apparition, however the Cloudclipper is simply higher and faster than those and is small enough it doesn't seem to be noticed.

Near the end the ship will head down and land fairly gracefully in a dune about a quarter mile from a house that looks like it might have been around since the apocalypse war. At that point Shar will be staring the place down and the ball will be in @ELR s court (finally! )
    Last edited by sunnyside; 07-13-2015 at 11:28 AM.

Member Clockwork Bird has a reputation beyond repute Clockwork Bird has a reputation beyond repute Clockwork Bird has a reputation beyond repute Clockwork Bird has a reputation beyond repute Clockwork Bird has a reputation beyond repute Clockwork Bird has a reputation beyond repute Clockwork Bird has a reputation beyond repute Clockwork Bird has a reputation beyond repute Clockwork Bird has a reputation beyond repute Clockwork Bird has a reputation beyond repute Clockwork Bird has a reputation beyond repute Clockwork Bird's Avatar
    Gil
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2015 08:34 AM
    Threads

@sunnyside and @Luka Megurine
    Elise watches as Eira goes about handing out the food with alot of interest. Eira has caught her eye and now she knew she wanted to figure out her new friend. No one else noticed the crystal, but Elise raised her eyebrow. She decided not to question it though.

"Do you guys need me to do anything?" She says. She looks around. "We could start by cleaning and making this more homely"
    All credit to Shirosenpai from Otaku Central

Isolated ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR's Avatar
    Gil
    Suspicious
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-07-2016 12:12 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@sunnyside
    Dark, dry, but the smell was of chemicals and other horrific stuff. Between the smells and Kershaw's voice echoing through the pipes, his head was killing him.

Quickly sliding through, he nabbed nick-knacks and gadgets left and right til (roughly half an hour) he could feel his body screaming to be back, sliding to the end of the pipe, and falling out, morphing back mid fall.

"UGG!!" He started hacking, throwing the objects up, and once they were up and out, and the dry heaves stopped, he slumped down on the ground exhausted. "I'm...spent..." His eyes closed but his mind raced with how exhausted and excited he was. "I'll clean up... as soon as I.." He yawned, "..in a minute." His eyes opened up and knew his words weren't fitting correctly.

Sleep deprivation?

Probable, he had been up for way too long, too much activities.

After a few minutes he sits up, breathing normal, eyes opened enough to work, and body not aching to the point of tears. Taking what he could, he trudged over to the sink and began cleaning off the tools and bolts, ect.

@Rashiin @~Shobu~ @Cross Avantgarde on time, off time, oh well, theyre ready for landing and greetings. (And if it keeps auto fixing Rashiins name I may beat a pinata with a bat [with wings])
    Skyla panicked, the sound was so loud that covering her ears did not even help.

Once it stopped, she pulled the water off of the fire and put the coolest back on from the ones she had been heating up.

Before she could do anything else, she was pulled over by Hanze, him standing in front of her. "Say nothing unless spoken to."

Her mother agreed with Hanze, her form coming into view next to her, her finger on her lip.
    Last edited by ELR; 07-13-2015 at 07:50 PM.
    I am no more a rose than I am its thorns.
    No more a gentle breeze than I am the hailing storm.
    I am no more hated than I am loved.
    And I am no more heartfilled than I am heartless.
    This is who I am.
    ~ELR

Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

OOC: Gotta be quick but don't wanna leave people hanging.

---------------

@Ranshiin @~Shobu~ @Cross Avantgarde @ELR

OOC: It looks like people want to advance, so lets do that. Shi'ran has some knowledge of the geography of the area. Jasper and Phoenix could have listened in, or hung out together in the crystal area in the back. ELR, it would probably be good here to describe the various characters.

IC:

Shar cautiously stands on top of the pilot house and scans the horizon, looking for something or someone he hasn't spotted yet. Loudly, surprisingly so for a Schnauzer, he yells "Leopold! At you here!"

------------------

@ELR

As he worked Sam was aware of Kershaw staring at him through various nooks and crannies when she could, beaming with pleasure. She appeared a bit less pleased about the eating and regurgitating, but she didn't say anything about it. However when Sam started to clean things she said. "Oh no! You seem exhausted. The least I can do is all that. You can. Ummm. I hadn't thought about this. The trains have stopped and...well...hurm... You know now that I've got my tools I feel like working all night! Yes! You just curl up in the bed over there and I'll see you in the morning."

She quickly grabs a set of tongs so she can pick up and clean the tools without touching them and gets busy.

Senior Member Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Silver Ribbon Four Leaf Clover Teal Ribbon
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2019 02:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aspirantgarde

OOC: I’m going to go with the suggestion from @sunnyside in post #452 and write as if the Cloudclipper has landed (near the end of my post), and will include what transpired in the meantime. Also, @~Shobu~ @ELR @Ranshiin :

From what Shar and Shi’ran had communicated to the group, wild images raced though Jasper’s head of what Tierce must be like. A ruined city fringed with outlandish scenery had taken root in Jasper’s imagination, and that was to say nothing of the people and creatures that Jasper imagined living in such a place.

Jasper occasionally looked out at the heavens during the trip, and he could have sworn that he had seen other airships during this time, though none of them seemed to interact with or even notice the Cloudclipper. Jasper got gooseflesh several times just from a sense of awe that overcame him occasionally while he gazed at the scene before him.

It helped to take his mind of the fantastic things he’d imagined encountering in Tierce. So did Phoenix’s question to Shi’ran, which Jasper kept himself from laughing over; this was a good thing, since she seemed to mean it sincerely and Shi’ran responded sincerely.

When the Cloudclipper finally landed, it seemed that they were on a dune of sorts. Jasper did not yet see the house, but he did hear Shar calling out to someone named Leopold.

“We’re here,” Jasper thought to himself. He looked over to Phoenix and Shi’ran and forced a nervous smile.

Isolated ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR's Avatar
    Gil
    Suspicious
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@sunnyside Hope the descriptions are good enough to understand, even described the outside appearance of the building, if you think it needs fixing then just let me know, boss. *salutes*
    @Rashiin See anything that catches the dragons eyes? ^-^ hee hee
    @~Shobu~ Giving you a chance to either join Sone or stay with someone from your group, or ect.
    @Cross Avantgarde *hands pen* your turn!
    To all of you (except sunny, not telling the boss what to do), you can ask about responses through pm for the guys or just leave it up to me. As in the case of 'Skimro and Jasper' it has been decided I play Skimro portion for that. Just example. Okay, this is big enough already so I am shushing... *POOF*

Hanze stood behind Sone and Leopold. With short brown buzzed hair, tanned skin, slim dark green eyes focused on the incoming group, He is The tallest of the group, his broad shoulders covered with a dark snug shirt, ripped rustic jeans, and a light brown trench coat hanging off his left arm. His bad trim job on his face showed just how long it was since he stayed in one place without having to rush away. His voice is rough and low most times.

Skimro was the shortest of the whole group, was standing just between Sone and Leopold. With snipped short blonde hair, almond shaped brown eyes, goggles in his fingers being cleaned of the dirt on them, long sleeved plain shirt, a pair of jeans with many pockets, and a hat that which covered his face. His jacket can be seen near the campfire which he wears more often than not do to his roundness. His voice is just below the normal sound most men in their twenties sound like, but when he gets nervous his voice squeaks.

Leopold, the odd man out of the group, was slim, light brown hair with few strands of grey hung down to his waist braided, a bag on his hip, baggy shorts and an even baggier shirt on filled with bright colors, no facial hair, his eyes covered by sunglasses but are a dark blue. He has a bag to his hip filled with odd nick knacks and instruments, and what looks like a guitar to the blind eye but was truly a hushtar. If Leopold sang, he would range bass, some in the tenor range, but his normal speaking voice is not as deep as his singing voice.

Sone is the oddest looking of them all, his eyes a ice blue and slimmed most times where you can not see his eyes, his dark brown hair braided in chunks on his head with odd objects in it (such as beads, feathers, string.), laugh lines around his mouth. His shirt is longer than his shorts, could be mistaken as a woman, his feminine voice does not help that. Sone's range is low Soprano and high alto, any other and it creaks badly. His shorts had pockets for small instruments, but his lute was always within reach on his back.

Skyla, on the other hand, is nothing like the four men, she is silent, eyes lowered, barely seen by the oncoming visitors. Once seen, they will be able to tell that she is taller than Skimro but shorter than Sone (Or if compared to the other group, Just shy of being shorter to Jasper since I am assuming Fefe is taller than him.). Her body is average sized, her hair an odd shade of silver and grown to her waist, her eyes a weird mix of green and blue and always down casted unless spoken to by Hanze, Sone, or Skimro. She has a white tank top on, a cotton jacket over top, a semi holy pair of shoes, capri jeans, and a white ribbon that is tied into a bow holding her hair back out of her face. She is collared like a slaved Therian, the visitors not knowing it was deactivated, and a marking on her left shoulder just barely showing a sliver from under her jacket, and a necklace hanging around her neck with a small sound box attached to it. Her voice is weak and frail sounding, low unless told to spoke up. Even though she is in the sun a lot, her skin never tans, it stays a faint pale color.

The 'Tierce' is a two story building, and can note that there is possibly an attic, first impression was dark and gloomy feel. The walls are made out of dark red and brown bricks, the building is broken in sections, moss and vines grown here and there. The front has double doors, one of the windows shattered on the doors. There are many windows on the building, majority with broken glass, some have curtains that are dingy white with holes while others were without curtains at all. Some of the pillars holding up the balcony are either to thinned out and look as if it will topple over, or very sturdy and look to last another thousand or so years. The side section of the building has a part where the fire is, a safe distance away from the building but close enough to still be safe under the roofing/balcony, their bags laid in the far corner from the fire. There is two trees on the other side of the building that are dead like. In the back there is a old swing broken and rotted through, you can see some sort of kitchen looking through the back sliding door. In the kitchen you can see where the ceiling has broken apart and had stayed on the ground, see the island in the middle with one of three chairs laying on its side, the leg looking as though bugs had chewed through it. It is too dark inside to see much more than that, can barely tell the tile is cracked or white. With Hanze's research done upon the place, he could put a whole building of researchers to sleep.

"Sefton?" Leopold stepped forward to the group, roughly five meters away from the porch. "I am Leopold." His smile was warm and welcoming. "I am much to talk about to you, as well as a mutual friend."

"That ain't Secton.." Hanze stepped forward, dropping his jacket to the floor. "Shar.. Where is he?" He asked while kneeling down in front of him, eye level. "The deal was he came here for what he wanted and with every deal, he would have to pay in a fair manner." His eyes slightly veered towards his daughter. "Skyla!" He yelled back to her. "Get the cups out and serve our guests something to drink!" His attention went back to Shar. That would give them time to communicate, and hopefully Shar did not bite his face off. He also hoped Shar would not smell the bones he had obtained in the bag by the fire.

"Jasper!?" Skimro was slightly choked up, could it really be his old friend? He kept thinking. Instead of waiting, he ran forward towards him and looked up at him. "You're tall."

Sone shrugged and leaned up against the building, he pulled out his lute and began strumming it.

At the same time, Skyla swallowed, nodded even though she knew he would not see, and walked over to the homemade cups Skimro had made before their journey had even began, then put some of her tea leaves into one of the hot water buckets.

The collar was hurting more than usual but she did not touch it, just winced when she turned her neck the wrong way. The group was of a to Therians (Shi'ran, Y'sar [assuming that is what he is]), what looked like a wanderlust physically, a wolfish dog, and a kindred spirit to Skimro.

In the end, while serving the drink of either hot water, room temperature water, or tea, Hanze looked upset and could barely be heard as if yelling at the poor pup. Skyla assumed something was completely wrong, and the feeling of never seeing her father deepened, almost reaching the roots of her soul.

Keeping this short and simple, and the fact that he has not eaten, slept, or hydrated for a while is why I added the sway. With him sleeping it'll give the space given by the other group of time catch up or whatever. It may also give other groups time to write what they need since it seems most people have stopped and/or possibly busy.

He ignored her and finished cleaning up his mess, he knew if he had timed it correctly it would just smell bad and have lots of slime on them.

It was not until he finished that he swayed and sat down. Yea, his plan to leave and go back to his place afterwards was a bust, he would have to take her up on her offer. Though when he looked around he did not see or hear her.

Shrugging off the small detail which should have made him wish to find his new interesting friend, he walked over to the bed and laid down, surprisingly, he crashed.
    Last edited by ELR; 07-16-2015 at 08:10 AM.
    This is who I am.
    ~ELR

Senior Member ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Haruhi Sos Dan
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-30-2016 11:41 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: momofaerie PSN ID: Kiwimilk Steam ID: kiwimilk

OOC: @ELR @Ranshiin @Cross Avantgarde @sunnyside Oh gosh, I feel like I'm lagging behind...

"What? Last night? No, I was just wondering. I noticed you were sleeping on your side last night and I just thought how annoyed I would be if I couldn't sleep on my back sometimes... That's all." She trailed off at the end. At least he had answered her without huffing and puffing this time. She smiled to herself and but didn't drag it on.

She didn't know when she drifted off but when she came to again, they had landed. She rubbed the sleep from her eyes and stretched. She'd heard that falling asleep was a form of motion sickness. It was rare for her to knock out like that during the day.

Jasper looked a tad nervous. She still was lost as to why they were here but she didn't care really. Adventure was adventure. Besides, meeting new people was always interesting. Smiling at Jasper to hopefully ease his worries, she placed a hand on his arm and said, "Let's go then. Can't in sit in here all day!"

With that, she took him by both wrists and pulled him up and walked with him him, holding onto one wrist out of the ship until they were outside.

The group that approached them were a very intriguing bunch. She waited for them to introduce themselves, but no one made a move to do so. That was odd to her. She couldn't help but notice that the girl was collared.

Suddenly, one of them said Jasper's name. She was confused. Jasper seemed like he'd never been here before. Unless he was nervous about seeing this person again?

"You know him?" She asked, looking to Jasper.

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Cross Avantgarde @ELR @sunnyside @~Shobu~

@ELR I … didn’t see anything? Was I supposed to?

(( Also I apologise for the length of this but I was bored. ))

”… I slept on my side because of my wings, not my tail.” Shi’ran answered the strange Wanderluster girl with something that was between a deadpan tone and something genuinely curious. Had she ever met another Therian before? … Probably not, or at least not one to the extent that he was. Though, he didn’t elicit a response back after clarifying why he had slept on his side throughout the night. …… Had she been watching him sleep? No, she must’ve seen him before she went herself; he had gone to bed straight away, after all.

Once the little discussion with Phoenix was over Shi’ran fell quiet again and it stayed that way – at least on his end – for the remainder of the journey. He … just didn’t have anything to say, and didn’t want to say anything. He was trying so hard not to be a jerk to Phoenix! He still didn’t like her, and he still remembered her seeing him as rude. He was just being conscious enough to willingly refrain from causing a fight or trouble. Well … he had to. He had been told by Sefton to behave – ‘no dragon-play’, Sefton’s words – and to respect the others in the group and work with them.

Even though Sefton wasn’t there …

In the latter hour of the journey Shi’ran relocated from the benches to the wall near where the crystals powering the craft were, because he had gotten cold-enough that it was more comfortable there. He ended up napping a little despite having slept overnight and didn’t do anything else until their descent was announced and he had to get up and move back to his seat for the landing… which was quite smooth, save for that the Cloudclipper felt like it bounced a few times as it landed before steadying out.

At that point he followed Shar’s initiative out of the ship into the open; he looked around left and right but there was … not a lot to see at all. Barren land, cold sand, long-dead vegetation. There wasn’t even any wind. And this Tierce, he deduced, turned out to be nothing more than the remains of one solitary building amongst the sand-dunes. Had the rest of the settlement been washed-away or buried? Perhaps.

“… Huh. I expected this to be more spectacular.” He mused, ‘hugging’ his Hoverboard a little tighter at that point. “There’s nothing here. Are we even in-…”

He was cut off by Shar calling out, and getting a response by a good half-dozen scraggly-looking people emerging from the shelter of the ruined building. They looked like … travellers? Wanderlusters, probably. Shi’ran’s eyes focused on them individually to examine them since he didn’t know any of them; those red-orange hues set on the one he’d eventually learn was Skyla by virtue of what he thought might be a collar around her neck … and by how she was barked at to fetch them drinks.

… A collared Therian? No … she didn’t even look like one. Then again that wasn’t much to say, they came in all shapes and forms – he was a prime example. It was just … the collar. Even he was unsettled by seeing it – to the point that he had to fight the urge to lift a hand to rub his own neck instinctively. He knew the experience of one … didn’t mean he cared for her situation, though. It just reminded him of the one time when-…

…… He took his eye off of her at that point, lest he cause a scene by staring at her too much.

“Yeah, uh …” He finally spoke up towards the one named Leopald, since Jasper seemed too nervous to say anything and he didn’t really trust Phoenix at all. He didn’t trust Jasper either, but that was beside the point. “Sefton kinda got ill yesterday so he couldn’t make it. We’re all here in his place and because … well, he said that he was gonna bring others with him to you, right? He was mentioning something about an expedition to fetch something he wanted and to meet some acquaintances of his here …… he said you might have something that interests me.”

At that point he tightened his hold on the Hoverboard. Hopefully the sand wouldn’t clog it up if he were to use it.

”I can only speak for myself, but I know Jasper and the girl came because Sefton asked them to. Beyond that I don’t know. So … what’s the plan?” He even sounded a little … impatient?

Senior Member Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

OOC: @Ranshiin (don't worry, mine is long as well) @~Shobu~ (you don't seem behind at all; I think everyone is on the same page now) @sunnyside @ELR (nicely done)

IC: The time had come to exit the airship, and Jasper was still anxious over what awaited them. Things seemed to be moving too fast. He’d barely gotten to the school, and now he wasn’t even sure where he was. He heard Shi’ran describe why he had slept on his side, and also heard him explain that he, too, thought the scenery would be different.

And just as quickly as the anxiety peaked, so it ebbed; it did so when Phoenix put her hand on his arm. She was so lighthearted and confident, and it was impossible for Jasper to not be emboldened by this. Jasper smiled back and almost spoke, but it seemed difficult to thank her for her company at the moment. “Yeah, let’s head out,” he managed to say. Hopefully it sounded confident enough, but the fact remained that Phoenix had done much to relieve him with just a word and a touch.

Phoenix then took hold of his wrists and pulled him up, walking with one of his wrists in her hand the whole way. “I’d rather she never, ever let go,” he thought to himself. He was smiling like an idiot, and had no idea.

Only the appearance of five strangers, one of whom seemed less out of place than the rest due to his Magitek appearance (for the most part) took him out of his euphoria. The one who looked like he had almost been plucked from his own town walked right up to him, and before he spoke Jasper almost said the name that rushed through his mind. Was it really he?

“S…Skimro! You…it’s you, isn’t it!” Jasper could not hide his excitement. Skimro’s voice was almost exactly the same, little changed over the years. He hadn’t grown much, and this only added to the striking similarity between the Skimro of the present and Jasper’s last memory of him.

Jasper laughed out loud and turned to answer Phoenix. “Yeah, he was a friend of mine back home.” Jasper shook his head upon the realization of how close they really were. “No, he was my best friend. No doubt about it.” He turned back to Skimro and kept talking. “We always met up at the annual invention fair. Skimro would sometimes sell things there with his family. He’s a great inventor, that one.” Jasper smiled at the memory. “Some years ago he stopped showing up, and now, here he is!”

Jasper couldn’t contain his emotion any longer and, with Phoenix’s hand still on his wrist, he grabbed up Skimro in an embrace. He let him go, slightly embarrassed over his outburst. “Hah…it’s just been so long.” He turned and elaborated on Shi’ran’s introduction. “Shi’ran is a Therian. He can put energy straight into his hoverboard! Seriously! With his bare hands—I mean, uh, claws?” They didn’t look like the cruel concept of a claw, so was that the right word to use? It was best to move on.

Jasper then turned and smiled. “This is Phoenix.” He didn’t give her nickname as he decided that would be up to her discretion whether or not she wanted to provide it. “She’s a Wanderluster. Remember how we thought about what they were like back home? She’s wonderful.” He remembered asking Skimro about the other cultures as he had travelled more than Jasper. Jasper was about to say more about her, but he already felt himself blushing. This, along with so many nostalgic feelings, rushed at him, so much that he missed the fact that the female was wearing a collar altogether. “What are you doing here, Skimro? Where have you been?” It probably wasn’t the best time to catch up, but Jasper was too elated to notice.

Gil
    Suspicious
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Ranshiin x_x forgot the n again, sorry. @sunnyside @~Shobu~ @Cross Avantgarde THANKS!
    This'll be fun.. How about this....
    Alt colors?: Leopold Hanze Sone Skimro

IC:
    "Me?" He chuckled and looked at the dragon. "Nah, but do know who can." He nodded his head towards Skimro who was jumping up and down. "That little guy can fix just about everything he can get his hands on, or so Sone has said, isn't that right?" He looked at Sone.

Skyla, eyes low, placed a cup of tea to Leopold and walked away.

How long would they be around? She thought.

"Skyla, come over here." He watched as she walked back over. "I'm Sone, that is Leopold, and this is Skyla." He stopped strumming and picked up the necklace around her neck, watching her eyes widen just slightly. "He and I worked together to make this little thing here. Would you mind letting him see it?" His words were question, not a demand.

She reached behind her and held it out to the dragon, opening it, the song playing. "They made it as a reminder of my mother." Her voice low, she tried to put just a hint of joy in her voice, she felt like she failed though.

"Actually..." He lowered his head and exhaled. "I don't know what happened to my parents, they may have died, but a bunch of hooligan Therians came and attacked.." Slapping both of his cheeks, he smiles and starts jumping up and down. "OH YEA!! I found it!! I have it!!" His words were incoherent but hoped he remembered.

Pulling down his sleeves, he looked up at the young lady. "He-hello." He extended his hand as a greeting.

"Damn.." After being filled in, he kicked at the ground. "Guess this means I will have to leave my request up to you." Still keeping his distance from Shar, he knelt down. "Do these kids know anything at all? History? How to's? Safety precautions?"
    This is who I am.
    ~ELR

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Cross Avantgarde @ELR

Color-coding things makes it easier for me to see who’s talking, especially when multiple characters are involved. Thanks. You'll have to forgive Shi'ran for being a bit pushy too. He wants answers. >.>;

Shi’ran’s eyes remained on the people he was speaking to in order to get information from, and he more-or-less ignored Jasper’s exclamations about one of the Wanderluster-looking folk being someone he actually knew – up until Jasper just straight-up proclaimed how he (by ‘he’, was meant Shi’ran himself) could direct energy straight to his Hoverboard.

Though not offended, the Therian nonetheless didn’t take innocently to the proclamation and his response was a rather sharply-toned intervention between Jasper and his long-lost friend; ”Hey, d’you mind like, not telling everyone stuff like that without asking if I’m okay with it?? …… and jeez, it’s just my biomagic, I thought you knew that-…… ugh, whatever.” He then gave up. It had been said, so the damage had been done regardless.

His attention thusly went back to the people he had been asked by Sefton to meet and who had something Sefton wanted and something that he wanted. The one he’d queried told him the kid that Jasper seemed to know had the answers or clues to his Hoverboard enigma? Great … but at least it was an answer. He was about to ask for more clarification on it when instead he was cut off by the guy with the … he thought a guitar, he wasn’t so sure, who then introduced who they all were. Then he was asked by the one called Sone to look at the collared girl’s pendant?

… Why?

Shi’ran didn’t understand why he was shown the necklace, and it didn’t serve him any particular purpose or anything to know what it was for. The girl – Skyla, he’d heard her being called – probably expected him to feign enthusiasm for it or something? Well, he tried – but looked rather lost and even sheepish whilst answering. ”Uh … okay? Though I don’t know why you want to show me it …”

With some admitted caution the Therian lifted his eyes up from Skyla and back to Sone and Leopald. ”So are any of you people going to answer me about why we’re here and what your buddy Sefton sent us in his place for? …… Please?” He added that as an afterthought. It wasn’t the time to be an a**hole. Not yet, anyway.

The matter about the Hoverboard (or Jetboard, as Sefton had termed it) that Shi’ran had agreed to this journey for – and by proxy the request to talk to Skimro – he decided he would deal with at a later point. He wanted to know what he was there to do, first … priorities.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ~Shobu~ View Post
    OOC: @ELR @Ranshiin @Cross Avantgarde Oh gosh, I feel like I'm lagging behind...
    OOC: Don't worry. I'm pretty swamped and not around nearly as much as perhaps I ought.

IC:

Shar had slipped into his usual mode of observing and occasionally putting Sefton in his place, and realized that really he ought to do some leading and explaining. While he had been in the school, an area he had tromped around a fair bit, it was tolerable. Now having to pay attention to people and "manage" them was a serious annoyance. If they got down into Tierce itself it would probably be unbearable. Though he had a thought.

Speaking to everyone he said. "I'm afraid Sefton is...indisposed. He should recover from his illness, but in any case he wouldn't want to miss out on this opportunity.

I suppose it's now time to start explaining, though I don't have anywhere near all the information. Sefton has long been looking for a particular robot. It looks something like the sort of thing tech mages might crank out these days, however he believe this particular one to be an antique.

Leopold and Sefton go back a ways. Immediately prior to Sefton arranging to have some students accompany us we received a letter that Leopold had information that it was with a group of scavengers heading into the ruins of Tierce. We hope to be able to locate them and make a bargain to aquire the robot. Ideally without overpaying. Antique and piece of junk often going hand in hand we may be able to get it for not too much.

Turning to the students. This little home is only the edge of Tierce. There's quite a bit of ruin, much of it swallowed up in the dust of the wastelands. There's a bazaar on the edge of town that handles some of the come and go of the scavenging trade. The ruins themselves aren't entirely safe, there's always the risk of a cave in or booby trap or some long disabled war machine or something, but generally the work is searching, digging, and being able to recognize what actually has value.

But in any case we hopefully won't have to deal with any of that, and in any case we've got Voth for security. "

At this Shar gives a little Shnauzer bow to Voth, who doesn't say anything but instead stands back looking blurry and perhaps a little uncertain.

"As for the students, Sefton wanted them to have a bit of experience in the world. Though at that point in time he planned to be here as well. I can see the value in that. So while I'll continue to accompany the group, I'd like it if they could take the lead as it were in acquiring our robot. "

At that Shar looks around to judge the reactions of everyone.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@ELR

As Sam awakes the room gives no obvious indication of what time it is. There are no windows down here, just lights of some sort powered by something. The room has heated up a fair bit since the previous night, and the air is a bit stale.

It has also become noisy. Pumps are going, engines are operating, and if he were to look out over the room Sam would see that the large crystal in the ground is glowing and above it the six skulls are spinning around as they are apparently mounted on wires attached to a rotating shaft. Tools have been left around the room rather carelessly, and Kershaw herself is near the main crystal, holding a put underneath a spigot. She's still wearing the same clothes as she was when Sam passed out.
    ---------------------------------------------

Gil
    Suspicious
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Cross Avantgarde @Ranshiin @~Shobu~ @sunnyside

"Have you been up all night?" His yawn showed his want to lay back down. "What time is it?" Was night even up? If it was, how late was he to class?

He strolled over to where he left his clothing and jewelry and put them on, stretching out all his kinks. Looking at the pipe, an idea rose. After he cleaned the pipes later he would have to find an open airway end but closed off that nothing falls through for Kershaw to build. Material were an idea, attaching it the hard part.

-------------------------------------------------
    Skyla froze, to everyone who were close could hear her breathe cut short, see her face pale out past its paleness so far, and the trembling in her hands. She had not notice the Netherkin before his introduction. The danger alarm was ringing throughout her head.

It would not have been bad if she had seen him before but she had not. The surprise made everything worse, she thought she knew all who had shown up. She saw them heading towards them. But the Netherkin-Voth- never was in sight.

"Most likely just showing off what Skimro has made." Leopold stepped forward to listen to Shar, it sounded like the two heads knew the game plan, or so he assumed.

The inhale of breathe caught his attention, he closed the necklace and pulled Skyla to the side. "You okay?"

"
    I'll be fine... " But she did not sound okay, did not look okay.

"Do you need to escape?"

"That's n-not good." He whispered. Sefton being sick means the bosses plan would not go as smooth as he knew Hanze had planned.

"Think maybe before we dive in, we should all introduce each other." Leopold's smile was smug. "I'm Leopold, a pleasure to meet you Voth, Shar."

"I am Hanze, over there is Skimro, back there is Sone." Should he introduce his daughter? "The female is Skyla.." Better safe than sorry. "I warn you not to separate away without someone else with you, and everyone know a rendezvous spot to meet back up at, even if it is a small group that goes out. This includes a time amount before search party goes looking!" He made sure the last part came out harsh, he knew what he was talking about. Having Leopold wishing to know everyone from the other groups name, he grew slightly agitated."

"Also, since Shar wants one of you or all of you to learn how to do it then discuss whom and talk to me about it, will give pointers, and assist how I can."

Crossing his arms, his eyes could see the same shock covering Skyla that he felt from the inside. He did not expect a Netherkin to show up. Not one that would blur itself. "If you wish for something such as food or drink, you may ask Skyla about it. Questions about anything else is to me, Leopold, and Shar!"

"As I said before, pick who, once you figure out who plan out where to, and so on so forth."

He turned to Shar and whispered. "Did Y'sar come?"

"No.." She whispered. She wanted to say yes. The majority of the shock was gone, the fear would not shake though. "I do not wish to show disappointment by not being the slave i am suppose to be." Her whisper felt almost too soft but to loud at the same time. She hoped the dragon did not hear her at all.

She walked up where everyone could see her and bowed. "I will be happy to serve."
    Last edited by ELR; 07-20-2015 at 08:07 PM.
    This is who I am.
    ~ELR

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

OOC: @sunnyside @ELR

@~Shobu~ @Ranshiin : Jasper’s putting the ball in your court as to whom the leader should be, but he does mean what he says when he thinks it should be one of your characters.

Laughing a bit as Skimro proudly and very excitedly said that he had “found it,” Jasper almost admitted that he didn’t know what Skimro was talking about. What had Skimro ever said he would find? It wouldn’t have taken much more time for Jasper to realize that Skimro was talking about one of the rarest elements on the planet, but something else captured his attention: the fact that a group of Therians had killed Skimro’s parents.

“Skimro…I had no idea. I can’t tell you how sorry I am. Really…” Words weren’t enough. The sympathy he felt for Skimro was unable to be put into words, and this frustrated Jasper. His words of sympathy already felt clichéd as soon as they were delivered. Shi’ran’s words were enough to replace his sorrow with feelings of embarrassment and a tinge of guilt.

“You’re right, Shi’ran. I’ll keep it to myself next time before asking you. It’s just so surprising to see that biomagic up close and personal.” On second thought, everything seemed to be surprising as of late, from the biomagic to the strange land of Tierce and now to the strange figure of Voth.

Shi’ran had also mentioned something very practical: the question as to why they were there to begin with. Shar quickly answered, and the response was shocking for two reasons: one, they were in Tierce to locate and facilitate the purchase of an old robot from scavengers. Why not just have tech mages make a newer, better one? Two, why were they, the students, needed for a transaction like this? At least the part of leading made sense, at least as far as Jasper was concerned; it would lead to a good deal of experience.

Remembering Shi’ran and Shar remarking on Sefton’s unavailability, Jasper realized that he had not given Sefton’s absence enough thought. What had happened to Sefton to leave him incapacitated?

Fortunately, introductions were provided. Skyla would be easy to remember as she was the only female of the other group, Skimro was like a long-lost brother and hence unforgettable, and Sone could be easily picked out from the crowd by virtue of his hair which was braided with various objects in it. Leopold had the instrument that looked to Jasper like an exotic, interesting guitar, and Hanze was the tallest of the other group.

Jasper noticed that it was increasingly difficult to make out the figure of Voth, and his face would’ve betrayed his puzzlement had Jasper not been briefly focusing on Skyla, who certainly seemed troubled by something. When she bowed low, Jasper saw that she was wearing a collar.

Hanze wanted to know who was going to take the lead out of the students, and Shar had clarified that the students were to head up the expedition. Jasper looked at Phoenix. Not once had he forgotten that she was holding his wrist, even when his mind was moving back and forth in the ebb and flow of the conversation. He didn’t want it to end; of that he was certain. Phoenix was clearly intrepid and nothing seemed to bother her. Even taking the fall on the hoverboard seemed to concern Jasper more than it ever concerned Phoenix. She would be a stalwart leader, and above any panic, Jasper thought. He then looked at Shi’ran. Shi’ran was usually blunt and quick to cut through any fluff in a given situation or conversation. This pragmatism would be handy as a leader, no doubt.

“Phoenix?” Jasper said, turning to her. He had to ignore the fluttering sensations in his chest and stomach which would have been lessened, but not eradicated, had he not had her hand on his wrist. “You’re quite possibly the bravest person I’ve ever met, as well as having a good presence of mind in any situation I’ve seen you in. I think that makes an unshakeable leader.” He then turned to Shi’ran. “Shi’ran, you’ve got more skills than any one person I’ve met, and I think you are the most practical of all of us. So, I think one of you should lead. If we elect a leader, I think leading will be all the easier for that person.”

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork Bird View Post
    @sunnyside and @Luka Megurine
    Elise watches as Eira goes about handing out the food with alot of interest. Eira has caught her eye and now she knew she wanted to figure out her new friend. No one else noticed the crystal, but Elise raised her eyebrow. She decided not to question it though.

"Do you guys need me to do anything?" She says. She looks around. "We could start by cleaning and making this more homely"
    OOC: Let me push on this a bit. I think I know where I might want to go with this.

Juanita says "I'd appreciate getting some sleep. Maybe we could just try and make some spaces where we can bed down. We're used to not having much, but a little space to oneself free of debris would be nice." Pretty soon the different wolves are working on just that, calling dibs on different spaces.

Anna looks at Elise and Eira sheepishly. "Actually, I'd really appreciate some help. I'm not a shapeshifter or anything, I'm always just a white wolf. I'm happy about that, but it's hard to do some things without hands. That's also a problem for the four constructs, but they aren't too picky about where they sleep. Char, well, we'll probably have to leave him chained to that pipe, but if he had some sort of bedding he might not yell out in his sleep as much. "

Carolus isn't saying much, just slowly chewing his food. Eventually he says "I like the night anyway, I think I'm going to go for a walk. Sam, Wu, you come with me. " Sam and Wu don't seem to like the idea much, but after the three of them exchange some looks they silently move out.

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Cross Avantgarde @sunnyside @ELR @~Shobu~

@ Cross – that’s fine, though it’s a bit ironic to me because people IRL say I’m the polar-opposite of pragmatic. >.>

I also apologise for the length of the post but ... Shi'ran can get pretty analytical. Pragmatic, as Cross said. heh.

Shi’ran remained physically (and apparently) unfazed by Skyla recoiling after his apparent disinterest in her pendant, if only because he didn’t quite know what unsettled her and because Shar proceeded to speak up to explain what they were there to do. Even on the trip over the Dog had refrained from explaining what exactly they were there to fetch and Shi’ran had assumed that these acquaintances of Sefton’s would know.

… A robot, huh? Shi’ran listened to the explanation and waited until it was over and some discussion had taken place, predominantly the matter of these acquaintances’ opinions and the matter that Shar wanted the three students to figure out what to do. Shi’ran turned to look from Skyla and Sone to Shar in the process, then quietly at Hanze due to his rather stubborn and ‘strict’ instruction, and then finally to Jasper because the lad spoke up suggesting that he (Shi’ran) or Phoenix lead the expedition.

… But why? Shi’ran didn’t consider himself a leader, though that wasn’t to say he couldn’t act as one. He hadn’t specifically come on the expedition to learn; he had come just to get this Hoverboard that Sefton had mentioned, though the fact that the object the professor wanted was apparently some sort of old technological contraption did intrigue him enough to not complain about it. He had spent a lot of time living in the noise and disorganisation of a large Magitek settlement, after all – he’d foraged an interest in technology and machinery. So…

”… I don’t particularly give a damn who leads and who follows, I’m just here to give my opinion and do what the hell professor Sefton asked me to do.” He stated, seeming resoundingly neutral as far as whether he or Phoenix should be the ‘leader’ as Shar had requested, if a little foul-mouthed about it. He refrained from rolling his eyes at Jasper if just because he knew the Magitek lad had made the smart choice for himself. ”However … the Dog said that these people we’re supposed to be finding are scavengers and there’s a bazaar or whatever near here where they may be at or have been to?”

He paused there and turned his eye back to Hanze. He met the man’s face unflinchingly, his eyes bright in the sun yet possessing … it was the air of someone who had experienced things they perhaps shouldn’t have. ”So doesn’t it stand to good reason that we should all head to this bazaar-thing rather than split up? Or is this bazaar too dangerous for us to all go to? I came here assuming we would meet you and head to these ruins as a group; I didn’t think that we would need to split up.

…… So if you could give some suggestions as to the reasons why and some opinions? You’re the people we were coming to meet; you’re supposed to know where the hell we’re going. All I can say is that we either go to this bazaar or directly to the ruins, given what the Dog said, because those two places should be where these people we need to find and trade with will be? If that’s the reason you think we should split up – to go to both places simultaneously – then that’s fine.”

He folded his arms over his chest as he discussed and explained his opinion on the matter; he seemed undaunted by the dangers Shar spoke of. Everyone else there, so it seemed, went completely ignored as he directed the matter to Hanze (and anyone that listened); he wasn’t taking charge as this leader, but he was doing what he wanted to do and that was assessing the situation to build up an idea of what could and could not be done.

Perhaps Sefton had picked him knowing he would be like how he was; calculated and unbiased. Though it was more that he just wanted to have answers. Whilst he received his answer (from Hanze, from Leopald – heck, from Shar if needs be) he unfolded his arms and let out a small sigh. Jasper (and by proxy Phoenix) and probably Skyla could take note of how he at that point held his Hoverboard at his side using both an arm and also his tail. Pointless, but an observation nonetheless.

And then, because it had been pointed out that Skyla was in charge of food and drinks? ” … I’m fine, thank-you. We had breakfast on our way here, though I guess we’ll need some water at some point.” He said, and proved that he wasn’t entirely ignoring her.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@ELR

Kershaw perks up and says, over her shoulder while still collecting some sort of liquid "Ah! You're up! I've been up the whole time, and I think it's morning, lemmi check!"

She held the bucket with one hand while fishing around in her pocket with the other. Eventually she comes up with a clockwork watch on a chain. Looking at the surface she says "It's six forty and 23 seconds"

She hurries to put away the watch and then turns off the spigot and then quickly pulls a number of levers. The machinery all starts winding down and stopping. She then pours part of the black liquid into a mug and looks up eagerly at Sam. "Here, it's coffee! Come try some!"

Gil
    Suspicious
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Ranshiin @~Shobu~ @Cross Avantgarde @sunnyside

Lots of details from Syla that can be mostly skipped. I took it down from having written out the whole letter to just summing it up to make it easier on everyone. Sorry Hanze is directed towards Shi'ran personally but that is where his character pulled his attention too when he asked the question. FYI! Skimro does have jetboard parts made for Shi'ran's board, make and model same. Upgrades for protection.

And Skimro's statement was pointed to both Jasper and Fefe. I just wanted him out of the way so they could pay attention to things that were being explained.

The dragon reminded Hanze of someone, he just could not put his finger on who. "Did I say we were? I said if, did I not? Let us say that we did all go to the bazaar, we found out that the ruins was NOT where the men we are looking for went, but the person did state something about two locations they heard they could be, that would give whoever leads the option to either go as a group to both locations one at a time. OR split up to figure out where to go. By splitting up, you cut down time and increase possibilities of success of finding who we need.

"But even though one of you will be leading, I will not let slide one rule I have. Buddy System. If you leave the group do to splitting or for personal reasons, one other person WILL go with you." He said that loud of that everyone could hear it even if they weren't paying attention. "So, the options would end up being, one large group, two half groups, or, my favorite when it works out, splittings of three. Two scavenger look out groups, one base camp group."

Stepping closer to the dragon, he lowered both arms and raised his head, his way to show respect but also he means what he says. "Group are best do to accidents. If places fall and you can not un-bury the person, or if a door closes and latches shut. That other person is used to get others for help if it is needed. If base camp is used then easy access to find. Safety measures."

After Hanze got his words out, Skimro looked at Jasper. "If y-you decide not to li-isten, I will be back over there f-f-fixing the coms." How could Skimro forget to fix those? He beat himself up mentally as he walked away and grabbed his bag and went off to a distance to work on the broken communicators.

Skyla watched as Sone and Leopold walked off on their own, each with their own instrument, then Skimro grabbing his bag, maybe working on something.

Skyla felt useless.

Instead of just standing like a doll, she bowed, then walked over to the bags to put whatever left over stuff was out back in before they were to leave.

Only.. She found a envelope filled with papers that she had never seen before. Pulling out, she read the top of the first page:

Seven Towers Campus

She skimmed through small history from each of the cultures, the goals of the place, some of the stuff taught there, reasons for the school being around. Then her eyes found an application, her name on the first line.

Was this why she felt like she would never see them again? Why was the paper filled out for her?

It went into details such as being both Celestial and Pactmaker, but only raised Celestial. A side note explained her history, something she did not want people to know. Then it went into why she wore a slave collar. Something else she did not want told to people.

It went on and on, then the last page was addressed to someone named Sefton Senachall.

It began out apologizing for stealing a written contract, explaining in depth about a group that was following him, wishing his death for having made it to begin with. Then explained about attempting to protect him for someone named Myst.

Skyla took a deep breathe and looked over her shoulder, they were in deep discussion to notice her reading this, so she continued.

The next portion of the letter goes and tells whoever Sefton is about Myst having had been pregnant and giving birth. Then talked about basic and advanced books for Celestials for the child born. How the child was gifted but if known of the marking she was born with, would be tossed out. The letter addressed a town she had never heard of before, but it was stated to be a Pactmaker's village. Then went into another place near by filled with Netherkin. But the focus went back to the Pactmaker's village, talking about a birthmark that made parents turn their children away for the safety of their village.

Then it spoke of the child again, how Hanze begged Myst never to allow her to learn any Pactmaker ways, to focus her on Celestial upbringing. He went on explaining how the child was still different than normal children.

He brought up old history of Sefton looking up information and if he was not mad still, continue looking into it if he did not figure it out already. Hanze stated a few attempts but was refused answers once it was known he had the same mark as the child.

Then he was apologizing again for taking the contract and will be returning it, making sure he knew he had copied it and reassured him the real would be in his hands soon enough. He stated Myst was dead and then went into begging for him to protect his daughter.

Skyla had a small issue breathing, he was giving her away to protect her. It felt like hours, but in reality, it took her only a handful of minutes to have skimmed through all the pages.

That was all she had processed before she saw her mother sitting in front of her pointing behind Skyla.

She put the papers in her own bag and stood up, her eyes met with a very almost invisible Netherkin-Voth. "How may I help you?" She whispered, her eyes to the ground as quickly as she could manage to do so.

----------------------------------------
    "Coffee?" His attention went straight to her. "The liquid that looks like black mud but is really liquidy?" He took the cup gingerly, peering into it.

He was curious about the drink but was not sure if he could trust himself to drink it. His eyes looked directly into Kershaws. "Never had before." He left it at that, while looking back into the cup, the warmth seeping through his skin.
    Last edited by ELR; 07-22-2015 at 11:51 PM.
    This is who I am.
    ~ELR

Senior Member Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Systems Xbox 360 American Flag Ribbon AK47
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2016 03:29 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Light Buster PSN ID: Lightbuster88

@Black-Cat0001

(Mizuki) "Sure, I'll be glad to help."

Mizuki needed to get Juggernaut's trust in order for mission to go smoothly. This was a small but important step.

Senior Member Black-Cat0001 is on a distinguished road Black-Cat0001's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-07-2016 05:20 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: OPG ECHO WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Light Buster View Post
    @Black-Cat0001

(Mizuki) "Sure, I'll be glad to help."

Mizuki needed to get Juggernaut's trust in order for mission to go smoothly. This was a small but important step.
    "Now I'm no fool, Most Budshio I met here avoid me. So why would you help me, what is it that you need help with?" While saying this they were in Hir apartment area and shi was in the fridge getting the drinks. Shi got bags out so shi could transport them all in one go. Shi grabbed a Tidy's Rootbeer, a Schwger Gingerale, Sunburst Orange Crush, Starberry Red Crush, Mt. Chilly, A gallon of hir milk with the special Chakat enzyme in it freshly chilled." There all ready to go to the area."
    Last edited by Black-Cat0001; 08-01-2015 at 01:46 AM.

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

@Ranshiin (Yeah, Shi'ran seems to cut to the chase often enough, unlike Jasper) @~Shobu~ @sunnyside @ELR

Hanze made good sense with his insistence of a buddy system and the incorporation of a base camp. Undoubtedly, he was experienced with these sorts of excursions.

Skimro went off hastily to work on the communicators. Jasper wondered to himself how long Skimro had been affiliated with this group, and how he’d met them. Shi’ran and Hanze had both emphasized the need to search both the bazaar and the ruins. They could certainly cover more ground if they traveled in more than one pack, and Hanze and Shi’ran were agreed in that regard, as far as Jasper understood things.

“Well, I do feel better splitting up since we’ll have someone with us, as well as the fact that we’ll have the coms to help us out. I mean, we’re allowed to use those, right?” Jasper didn’t want to blindly assume that the coms were for everyone’s use, as they were not inexpensive toys in the least, but he couldn’t fathom the coms being used for anything else at the moment. He smiled and added, “And if Skimro is working on them, they’ll work just fine.”

He wasn’t sure yet who would take the lead, but he knew it wasn’t an accident that Phoenix and Shi’ran were both included on this trip. Had he been more observant, he would’ve noticed that Skyla seemed absorbed in some papers she’d found in an envelope. Instead, Jasper merely noticed how Shi’ran was holding his hoverboard. Yep, a tail would be handy in a workshop; Jasper was convinced of that.

Senior Member ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Haruhi Sos Dan
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-30-2016 11:41 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: momofaerie PSN ID: Kiwimilk Steam ID: kiwimilk

OOC: >.< Sorry, guys, playing catch up here. Just got back from a mini vacation visiting my parents and had to make some changes to my living situation. @Cross Avantgarde @ELR @sunnyside @Ranshiin

Phoenix was amused to say the least. She'd met a few Magiteks in her lifetime, but none as elated as Jasper and Skimro. Their enthusiasm about pretty much everything was endearing. But when Jasper introduced her the way he did, she couldn't help but blush a little. Two days and this man had already elicited a full range of emotions from her. Never had anyone introduced her as wonderful. She was fully aware that she hadn't let go of his wrist. She definitely wasn't going to now.

Although it was a tragic event, Skimro didn't seem to want to say anything else about his parents. He didn't even seem certain if they were alive or not. Jasper seemed sincerely sympathetic. It disheartened her to hear of such situations. She didn't really know what to say. Jasper had said was she could have, but didn't. Instead, she let the conversation take a different direction. Skimro seemed a little nervous when greeting her, although he was initiating it. She smiled at him and took it with her free hand, wish was thankfully the right one. "You can call me Fefe. It's lovely to meet you, Skimro."

After he ran off, Phoenix turned her attention to Hanze. Somewhere in the distance, the androgynous man was playing a lovely little tune. She swayed her head a little. She didn’t miss the information that was given, nor the introductions that she was expecting earlier. This was starting to sound like a dangerous adventure. Not that that made it any less appealing. She couldn’t help but think that she was just filling some kind of open slot for this. She’d never met this Sefton man so she obviously wasn’t hand picked or anything. She didn’t know about Jasper, but Shi’ran seemed like he did. Regardless of how she felt, it’s not she could just hightail it back to the school when she felt like it. Besides, Shar seemed to be confident about Voth’s competence, even if he did seem a little faded, quite literally.

When Jasper turned to look at her, she wished she had that same ability. She, a leader? She’d never even fathomed such a thing. If anything, Shi’ran was a much more suitable candidate. He didn’t seem to care either way.

“I think that you or Shi’ran is much more qualified than I,” she said, smiling. "You're kind and really energetic and enthusiastic about everything. I think those are good qualities of a leader too."
    Last edited by ~Shobu~; 07-27-2015 at 04:15 PM.

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Cross Avantgarde @sunnyside @ELR @~Shobu~

@ELR Shi’ran isn’t being indecisive, I just don’t know whether everyone is meant to go to this bazaar or not, but he’s going to be stubborn about his belief that he intends to take an active role. Also from what I remember of Blackwaltz’ stuff Shi’ran had been told that his Hoverboard is an archaic design (an ancient prototype, essentially) and Sefton had mentioned this group would have an actual ‘modern’ Jetboard, not parts. Sefton basically promised him a newer, better, more reliable and faster one. xP

He’s also not ‘controlling’ what he thinks the others should do because I cannot control what Cross and Shobu want their characters to do; if they want to go exploring or not is up to them. Shi’ran, however, is very adamant on being pro-active.

Shi’ran listened quietly to what Hanze explained and stated, breathing out a small sigh in the duration of listening, adjusting his hold of his Hoverboard but doing no more. Of course, what the strange man said was very direct and to a degree blunt – which for his sake was a good thing. It spelled everything out clearly and precisely – exactly the way he wanted it to be explained.

The matter about the ‘buddy system’ did however cause him to frown down at the male – shorter to him, but only because of how he had attuned himself as a Therian. Shi’ran remained steadfast in the end, and didn’t move aside from the change in expression even when the man did what he could to show some sort of respect towards him. ”Right … okay, that makes sense, that’s pretty much what I thought you were implying.” The Therian finally answered back, as blunt-toned as Hanze was. Nothing was said on the buddy/group system on his behalf; he seemed indifferent to it in the end.

The Therian then paused there as other people spoke up; Jasper, about his view on the buddy-system for if ‘things went wrong’ and Phoenix about the leadership stuff. He made sure to look away from them at a point so he could roll his eyes without the Wanderlust girl seeing him do so; both of them were so indecisive! But perhaps that wasn’t necessarily a bad thing … though it did mean that he was going to have to step up and prevent the three getting locked in a triangle of indecision.

”So … well, I came here under the belief I'd be helping exploring for these things Sefton wanted – and the thing about the Hover-erh … Jetboard, that he said that your group would be able to help with.” He then turned back to Hanze and explained, very firmly like before. ”So, no matter what you think, I am volunteering to be a part of any expedition or exploration group, whether that’s into the ruins, or to any other locations that we might need to go to. I’m not going to tell Jasper or the girl ((he meant Phoenix)) who to go with or where to go; that’s their prerogative, or yours. I honestly don't care. Neither of them can seem to decide what to do anyway.

With that in mind, what do you suggest we do then? Should we all head to the bazaar-thing as one group? Or should only some of us go and everyone else make this ‘base-camp’ you speak of? Given that we have no other information to go on, my personal opinion is that we shouldn’t split up until we know any and all possible places these scavengers might have gone to and we figure out a plan once we know.

However, that is just my opinion; you can take the information and use it to decide whether that’s the right choice or whether only a few of us head to this place. I’ll go along with whatever you decide and who you believe should go, but as I’ve said I refuse to sit on my tail at a camp-site; it’s not what I came out here to do and I’m not going to take ‘no’ for an answer on that.”

The dragon-Therian wasn’t being entirely decisive, but that was because of the situation; he was being stubborn-enough and confident-enough to put his foot down, but at the end of the day he was leaving this initial decision up to the one who had orchestrated the meeting – Hanze, Leopald, the others whom Sefton had sent him to meet. It was because he genuinely didn’t know whether they should all head through the sand-wrecked ruins of Tierce to this bazaar or not; that was an assessment that required knowing the area, something he didn’t but Hanze and his group did. He had given his view, and that was that.

In the meantime he turned to look back around the others; he saw Jasper and Phoenix together, he heard the fat technician kid mumbling something about ‘comms’? He assumed it was the archaic Magitek technology used for long-range communications, scavenged from the bygone eras of the world. He also saw how Leopald and … the guy with the guitar? He wasn’t sure of the name, Sone? Had wandered off to walk and the Therian-collared girl had gone off to the side to pack their belongings up and had gotten caught up reading something. From that he ascertained that they were going to be moving, whether it be to a remote camp or to the bazaar.

Shi’ran would turn right back to Hanze, however, at receiving his reply about the assessment.

(( Sorry for the length though >.> ))

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information