AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Extracting

Ninja Jesus Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess's Avatar
    Gil
    Angry
    Gifts Aquarius Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-16-2014 01:20 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

EX.

Another option for, well not really extracting, but painting a certain area the same texture, color, as another area. The option is found here:

Other info needed for this option is given when selected. If you need any other help with it, PM me and I'll see what I can do to help.

Aside from that there is the option of cutting diferent objects out with different shape cutters. Above is the *Selection Window* for this option and where to find it. The *shape proportions* is for how the proportions will be when resized when selected. Useful sometimes, not always. And the *Adjust marquee* is for resizing the cut before actually cutting it out.

continued in next post...
    Check out my wordpress blog:
    KamiYugure's Digital Notebooks

Ninja Jesus Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess's Avatar
    Gil
    Angry
    Gifts Aquarius Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-16-2014 01:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

After you have extracted the object you can also use the edge softening option which lightens the edges of the object and makes them transparent based on how much you of this option you apply to it.

It can be found by dropping down this menu:

OR

You can find it there after dropping down the *Common Tasks* menu. (this is usually the easiest and fastest way to get to it and several other options. This menu is very useful.)

Well... uh... there... I might type up stuff to help with photoshop if I ever get un-poor and can afford it (don't hold your breath). But until then...I can only help with this, and Microsoft Image Composer if anyone needs it.

((sorry for the multi-post... I couldn't put all those pictures in one post...)

love

dani

dude
    Check out my wordpress blog:
    KamiYugure's Digital Notebooks

Taiga ga suki da. KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2010 12:32 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I figured I'd share my way of extracting. It's probably not the best but it works for me.

1. Take out the pen tool.
    2. Zoom in to around 1800. (3200 if it's really difficult to distinguish the bg from the actual image. Or duplicate the image and set the layer blending to multiply.)
    3. Painstakingly go all around the image setting up anchor points until you end up where you started.
    3 Right click and make it into a selection, then copy, make a new canvas, paste it and you're done.

This process takes me the better part of a half hour but if you're just starting out it'll probably be longer than that. Of course, if you knew how to do the curves that were talked about in previous posts (which I don't. ;_ then you'll end up doing it faster and most probably cleaner. Well, hope that helps.^_^

バン!バン!
    ---

|

---
    [sketches] | [sig thread]

eagle-eyed >_o_aiglos_o_> has a reputation beyond repute >_o_aiglos_o_> has a reputation beyond repute >_o_aiglos_o_> has a reputation beyond repute >_o_aiglos_o_> has a reputation beyond repute >_o_aiglos_o_> has a reputation beyond repute >_o_aiglos_o_> has a reputation beyond repute >_o_aiglos_o_> has a reputation beyond repute >_o_aiglos_o_> has a reputation beyond repute >_o_aiglos_o_> has a reputation beyond repute >_o_aiglos_o_> has a reputation beyond repute >_o_aiglos_o_> has a reputation beyond repute >_o_aiglos_o_>'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-20-2008 11:33 AM
    I am born in South Korea but I live in the Philippinesc",
    Threads

Are you using PS? If not then I could not help you there mate.

There are lots of ways when extracting an image and extraction solely depends on what type of background you want the render/character to get extracted out.

For example you could only use the magic wand tool when extracting an image with a monotone background par. white backgrounds.

Lasso tools are for the beginners. If your looking for a quick fix after you've used the magic wand you could eliminate particular jagged edges on your render with the lasso tools. Better not mess with the magnetic lasso if you think your still a beginner coz it might just give you undesired results and waste of time.

Hmm. If you think you could manage the background and you do well with brushing then I suggest you copy twice the image you want to extract and set both to multiply. Then after doing so, go back to your original layer and brush the image you want to extract using a white px soft brush. *Adjust the sizes to fit your needs**

(Eh') before I always use the extracting filter in PS. But now I'm using the pentool. Both are time consuming methods of extraction and requires 80% patience and 20% skill.

^_^ hope this one clears it out.

Chibi Wuver ^^ Evockzi has a reputation beyond repute Evockzi has a reputation beyond repute Evockzi has a reputation beyond repute Evockzi has a reputation beyond repute Evockzi has a reputation beyond repute Evockzi has a reputation beyond repute Evockzi has a reputation beyond repute Evockzi has a reputation beyond repute Evockzi has a reputation beyond repute Evockzi has a reputation beyond repute Evockzi has a reputation beyond repute Evockzi's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-14-2014 02:27 AM
    Threads

I just use Magic Wand / Quick Select Wand for the most part, Adjust the Sensitive Accordingly, Take out the 1px Eraser for those hard to reach spots, and my Extracts turn out great ^^
    "Not your Average Noob"

Konata Izumi is my Female Equal o.o

"Tad out dated Sig Gonna Whip it a bit now that I am back *muahah*"

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information