AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I finally finished watching...

🐮🔪 Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-13-2019 08:41 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default I finally finished watching...

... season 1 of the anime Cardcaptors. And that is Cardcaptors, the American version, not the original Cardcaptor Sakura (haven't seen that one yet). I have yet to watch season 2 of Cardcaptors, but season 1 was quite epic.

Summary of final episode of season 1 (warning, contains spoilers)

In that last episode of season 1, Yue (the second guardian of the Clow Book) kicks Li's butt, and then Sakura's. I mean despite how good a fighters they are, they just got owned like noobs when they went up against this guy. Fortunately Sakura's teacher had a magical bell that blocked Yue's mind wiping spell, giving Sakura one final chance. At which point she used some unexplained power of hers to morph her bird-head magic wand into a Star Rod like magic wand. And with this new wand she used the Windy card to release a more powerful version of the Windy spirit, which was able to completely overpower Yue. She was then declared the official master of the Clow Cards. However Sakura's fight wasn't much of a fight. Despite how quickly Li go pwned by Yue, at least he gave a good fight. Sakura just ran away for most of the time though, because she didn't want to hurt Yue (who's human form Julian, was a good friend of Sakura). So Li's battle against Yue, even though Li lost, was actually a lot more epic than Sakura's battle against Yue.

Next I'll start watching season 2 of Cardcaptors.
    Click the banner to visit my website.

My website is still under construction, so please visit it often to see it as it grows. You may have to press F5 to refresh the page if there's something new that's not showing (in some rare cases, you may have to use Ctrl+F5). If you wish to contact me about my site and are a member of Animeforum, PM me. If you are just a guest visiting Animeforum, please use [email protected]

Aggressively stupid Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Kawaiislice Alice Pocket Watch
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-09-2024 10:36 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: I finally finished watching...

Here's my review of your topic:

The title of this topic is vague. No one knows what the thread is about until they actually visit it. Secondly, your review is a bit short and undescriptive. It's mostly based on your opinions and is written in internet speech, which comes across as unprofessional.
    Finally, why only give the summary of the last episode? Why not the entire season?

Anyway good work bro nice thread 6/10 it's ok.

🐮🔪 Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    Here's my review of your topic:

The title of this topic is vague. No one knows what the thread is about until they actually visit it. Secondly, your review is a bit short and undescriptive. It's mostly based on your opinions and is written in internet speech, which comes across as unprofessional.
    Finally, why only give the summary of the last episode? Why not the entire season?

Anyway good work bro nice thread 6/10 it's ok.
    Quite possibly some of the most important plot-building of season 1 happens in the last episode of that season, including power upgrades, learning the secret identity of a character, etc.

My website is still under construction, so please visit it often to see it as it grows. You may have to press F5 to refresh the page if there's something new that's not showing (in some rare cases, you may have to use Ctrl+F5). If you wish to contact me about my site and are a member of Animeforum, PM me. If you are just a guest visiting Animeforum, please use [email protected]

~Neko Neko Neko~ KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Cookie Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2014 02:19 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

never heard of it

Kind boy/Nanobyte's minion Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Uranus Henshin Pen Pen Coffee
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-02-2022 11:54 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Mystelinth

THX FOR EXPLAINED PLOT 2 ME, NOW I DUN HAV 2 WATCH ANYMORE.

Man seriously, i know its been a year. But i'm 99.9% sure you still haven't read all those wikileaks files that filled up 30 GB of your HDD. Seriously, go do something with it. You got the knowledge. You got the brains, topple the government or something.

Why watch cardcaptor sakura when you can rule the world man. You got it, right there. On your PC. 12 months ago, you were swelling with pride and stuff that you supported them, cmon where is that spirit man. Where is your God. Darn. Spirit. Make atleast a damn effort man.

Majorly dissapointed. But 9/10 thread.

6. Thanks Nanobyte thanked for this post
    Too kawaii to live, too sugoi to die Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    569 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2016 01:28 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

So did Lee hit dat Sakura azz?

Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I finally finished watching the ENTIRE Cardcaptors anime TV series now! Just finished it last night.

Next time I get a chance to watch something, I'm going to watch the two Cardcaptors movies.

AF Lurker Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Snowman Hedgehog Pocky
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2018 06:17 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Zainox-

Congratulations!
    Needs more dragons..
    7/Potatoe

MY ANIME-PLANET WATCH LIST

AF FAMILY
    Astral_Mage - Younger Brother/Confetti Brother
    horrendous - Older Brother
    1nterest1ng - Confetti Brother

Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Last night, I watched both of the Cardcaptors movies.

I think that the second movie must have been imported by a different company than the TV series and first movie (both of which seem to be imported from the same company, as they both have the same voice actors, English names replacing Japanese names, etc). The second movie, despite still being named Cardcaptors (instead of the correct title, Cardcaptor Sakura), and despite being an English dub (instead of English sub), was much more accurate to the Japanese version, than the first movie or the TV series. It had all the characters' names correct (Tomoyo instead of Madison, Yukito instead of Julian, etc). Even the plot thread about Meling being Syaoran's cousin, and being arranged to marry him, was not removed from this movie. It also had Sakura's name pronounced correctly as SAkura (instead of saKUra, as it was in the Cardcaptors TV series and first movie), and even in several instances of her name being spoken managed to pronounce the R in her name in the Japanese way instead of the English way. Also they obviously had completely different cast of voice actors. Everyone had a much higher pitched voice (except Syaoran Li, who's voice sounded the same, or almost the same as in the TV series and first movie, and could conceivably be the same voice actor). Everyone's higher pitched voice made them sound so annoying (in my opinion).

You could also tell, that whoever imported this, didn't at all intend it to be for kids (despite it having the same title "Cardcaptors" as the censored and kid friendly TV series and first movie), as they didn't edit out any of the offensive language. One character said the phrase "pissed off", and another said the word "damn". I would have thought that with it being basically an unedited/uncensored English dub of the original Japanese Cardcaptor Sakura second movie (rather than a made for kids edit), it would also have kept the original Japanese title, but it didn't. Instead, it had the same English title as the edited TV series and first movie.

Another interesting thing about this Cardcaptors movie, is that when Tomoyo sang, she did so in Japanese, even though this movie is an English dub (and when she's talking, not singing, she uses English). In the Cardcaptors TV series, she always sang in English.
    Last edited by Animedude5555; 08-09-2014 at 01:27 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information