AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: This forum makes me reminisce. So I'm going to reminisce and ramble for a bit.

Junior Member Rocketpop has a reputation beyond repute Rocketpop has a reputation beyond repute Rocketpop has a reputation beyond repute Rocketpop has a reputation beyond repute Rocketpop has a reputation beyond repute Rocketpop has a reputation beyond repute Rocketpop has a reputation beyond repute Rocketpop has a reputation beyond repute Rocketpop has a reputation beyond repute Rocketpop has a reputation beyond repute Rocketpop has a reputation beyond repute Rocketpop's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts 025 - Pikachu 004 - Charmander
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-28-2014 01:02 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default This forum makes me reminisce. So I'm going to reminisce and ramble for a bit.

Little bit of reminiscing here. If you know what I'm talking about, maybe you can join in the reminiscing.

I started using forums in pre-2k era Internet, when I was 13. Back then, everyone on every forum knew each other. It was an actual community, and it wasn't uncommon at all for people to meet up. Communities were close, and they stayed close. Even if you left a forum, people would wonder where you went, and they'd even mail you letters. I've still got letters from several people I keep in a safe place in case I forget that people are still nice sometimes, mostly from the girl I met then, and would eventually become very close to...when I was 17, four years later, and we decided to meet up for the fun of it. I'd never felt so close to someone at any point in my whole life. It was the happiest I'd ever been, and I felt privileged, like it was some sort of strange destined meeting. I talked to her less than a month ago, and I really do care deeply about her still, in a platonic way, if that sounds possible. She's the best friend I could ever have, and for it to last this long seems astonishing to me.

I still remember everyone from that forum, which was called The Aurorium. By the time I was three weeks in and active, I had made serious long-term friends.

One of my female friends at the time (we're both 13 years old, keep in mind, and we helped each other with homework a lot--legitimately, even, like we would help each other's academic difficulties.) was from my junior-high. We had a pretty major disagreement...in school, as far as 13-year-old disagreements go. But she was a mod on this forum and had actually invited me to join, but she could still ban me, and did. She un-banned me when we somehow became an unofficial couple in high school, but by then we all had Livejournals, anyway. By then, though, I had already made a few friends I'd keep until today. And I'm more than twice the age I was then.

Maybe this community was particularly close, I'm not sure. It was the only one in which everyone was just...really open and nice to everyone else. But quite a few people from that community are still a part of my life in a good way (like 14 freaking years later!), which is what I'm trying to illustrate.

Social media ruined everything, I think. The dynamics totally changed.

There were almost no forums like that anymore, nowhere to just meet up with like-minded people and chill, maybe make a few friends, keep in touch with a few, and form significant bonds with. That's undeniable, we sent letters to each other and everything. All the time! I mailed tons of birthday letters, and gifts, to a lot of people I met there! That was back when those sorts of forums were like after-school clubs. And my best friend happened to be 12 when I first talked to her at 13. She says she remembers when we first talked, and I admit to her that I don't. She says I complimented her avatar, and we went from there.

So I admit it, when I joined this forum in 2008 I just sort of missed that cordiality, how nice everyone was. Nothing like how people openly interact on the Internet today, for the most part. Everything turns into an argument, and almost no one gets along.

But it seems hard to find friendly forums anymore. There are just a lot of different places to get into arguments with people. I don't like that.

I'm not crazy, I realize I never had a presence on *this* forum. But it does make me reminisce. It's been around a long time, but there still are a few dedicated members, which I think says something for its own integrity. It's a classic-style place, and people genuinely seem to be having a good time with each other. For me, that's almost unheard-of. I'm just glad this place exists, honestly.

That's a lot of reminiscing, but wow, who knew there was anyone who actually got along with each other in a modern forum? Maybe I was just too distracted trying to fix myself up in social media, what with the selfies (see profile) and the like, but I really couldn't do it for the most part. I've got a few very close friends on Facebook, but that's it, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

If nothing else, thanks for throwing me back to the pre-2k Internet era, as well as my happiest years of school.
    The future will be better tomorrow.
    Dan Quayle

2. Thanks Cross Avantgarde, Ranshiin, Qoco thanked for this post
    Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Movie Ticket Mercedes-Benz Green Tea
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-09-2022 09:40 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: This forum makes me reminisce. So I'm going to reminisce and ramble for a bit.

I have to agree with you, this community is indeed a lot friendlier than others that I've been a part of. It's not easy to find such a fun and friendly community these day's.

4. Thanks Rocketpop thanked for this post
    &#32
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 1
    RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama's Avatar
    Gil
    Where
    Gifts V Guitar Coffee Red Kawaii Ice Cream Cone
    Mentioned
    1093 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2018 11:21 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: FunkyFresh123 Steam ID: RyuTama

Default Re: This forum makes me reminisce. So I'm going to reminisce and ramble for a bit.

Wow, definitely. I usually don't last in forums for long, seeing as how many people will go out of their way to make you feel unwelcome and inferior for being a new member. Some people here complain that this forum is "dying" because there's not a lot of active members around anymore. To be honest, it just makes it easier to get to know everyone better. I like small communities, and I've met a fair share of awesome friends here as well. Many I have on Facebook and Skype, and one member (who sadly isn't active anymore) we've even called each other on the phone and had super long dorky discussions just cause we could lol.

I appreciate all the friends I've made here. I got a lot more out of this forum than I expected, and I'm happy that I decided to join.

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Don't want to me that "person" who ruins the moment but.

>April 2008
    >15 Posts

How did you even remember this forum especially with that low activity? O__o

Either way, welcome back and I liked your speech because I can relate to you a lot. I still hold communication with people I known for 10 years now. and a lot of us still hold a strong friendship as well.

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RyuTama View Post
    Wow, definitely. I usually don't last in forums for long, seeing as how many people will go out of their way to make you feel unwelcome and inferior for being a new member. Some people here complain that this forum is "dying" because there's not a lot of active members around anymore. To be honest, it just makes it easier to get to know everyone better. I like small communities, and I've met a fair share of awesome friends here as well. Many I have on Facebook and Skype, and one member (who sadly isn't active anymore) we've even called each other on the phone and had super long dorky discussions just cause we could lol.

I appreciate all the friends I've made here. I got a lot more out of this forum than I expected, and I'm happy that I decided to join.
    First of all <3333

Also, I don't want to turn it into that thread but it's so easy to get adjusted to big forums...it's just that people here really don't like taking part of discussions..and if you do, you gotta say something meaningful to at least stand out.

It works like real life, you gotta make the effort, friends just don't "come" to you.

Banned Forum / Chat Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts V Guitar Electric Guitar Black Guitar
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2016 08:54 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: gurutar Steam ID: gurutar2015

i've met a couple people on here (@Asseroya and @Foxy ) that i consider good friends, and i hope to remain their friend for a long time. and i agree that smaller communities are better, because you can get to know EVERYONE that posts frequently.

it'll be a shame when this forum is eventually closed, because it's one of my few social outlets. without this place, i'd interact with humanity much less than i do now.

Senior Member Yung A$$eroya has a reputation beyond repute Yung A$$eroya has a reputation beyond repute Yung A$$eroya has a reputation beyond repute Yung A$$eroya has a reputation beyond repute Yung A$$eroya has a reputation beyond repute Yung A$$eroya has a reputation beyond repute Yung A$$eroya has a reputation beyond repute Yung A$$eroya has a reputation beyond repute Yung A$$eroya has a reputation beyond repute Yung A$$eroya has a reputation beyond repute Yung A$$eroya has a reputation beyond repute Yung A$$eroya's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Gurren Gurren Dan Gurren Gurren Dan Gurren Gurren Dan
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2015 08:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

In the summer xxxx, I signed up to a forum dedicated to Pokemon. I stumbled upon it while looking for a web-browser version of a game sharing the name. I eventually signed up, and started posting crap. Being 10 or 11 years old, I didn't know much English, but I harbored enough knowledge of the language to manage to communicate with the people on it. Oh boy, I had the time of my life. At least I thought so. I thought I fit in and that everyone liked me.

Although that was somewhat true back then, as time progressed, I got less popular and I slowly turned into an outcast-member. It kinda hurt. Nobody asked where I had been if I had gone for a while, nodody gave me gratulations on my birthday, it sucked. Years passed, and suddenly, Johan the administrator of that very forum decided to close the forums due to lack of interest, and to continue working on the other applications and features of the webpage. With that, I decided I needed a new forum. I decided hanging out with a bunch of weeeaboos would be fun, so I googled "Animeforum". This forum was the only working that came up. Funnily, I've kind of grown to this forum now, and I love the people here, there aren't many "KONICHEWA ONI-CHAAAN QwQ"s here either haha.

A couple of the friends I got from the pokemon forum sent me some messages not too long ago. "PS IS REOPENING DUDEBRO". At first, I was excited about the news. Yay, being ignored in chat and making shitty posts again woooo!

No

I made a thread regarding "League of Legends" in a manner that would survive here. It got locked, and I got a warning notice. I had to accept my warning to be able to continue posting. Ollie outy niq

/me Unfriends @horrendous
    Last edited by Yung A$$eroya; 07-26-2014 at 03:51 AM. Reason: I revealed my age woops
    Quote Originally Posted by horrendous
    I'm proud of you, son

Junior Member Rocketpop has a reputation beyond repute Rocketpop has a reputation beyond repute Rocketpop has a reputation beyond repute Rocketpop has a reputation beyond repute Rocketpop has a reputation beyond repute Rocketpop has a reputation beyond repute Rocketpop has a reputation beyond repute Rocketpop has a reputation beyond repute Rocketpop has a reputation beyond repute Rocketpop has a reputation beyond repute Rocketpop has a reputation beyond repute Rocketpop's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou+ View Post
    Don't want to me that "person" who ruins the moment but.

>April 2008
    >15 Posts
    Nah, that's a perfectly reasonable question to ask. I probably shouldn't have even mentioned that I *technically* joined in 2008, because I joined, made two posts (exactly two), then went full-transient until a couple of days ago. I was around 21 then, living at college at the time with a friend I had met there after we agreed to dorm-up together, and was wondering if I could make it in that kind of environment. The short answer, I think, is "basic adjustments to living at college with a not-ideal home life, and a swearing-off of online socializing so I could minimize the distractions after overloading myself".

The longer answer is, I decided to live at college to get out of the home, and, seriously craving the experience, had immediately joined the poker and journalist clubs, and I made the mistake of getting over-confident with how things were going, and way overbooked how much I could get done in one day, taking five classes at the time, totally against my academic advisor's explicit advice. Obviously, that wasn't the smartest idea, so I had to drop almost everything else to keep up. Stress quickly built up, my father and I started to not get along so well, then my roommate and I argued about stupid stuff like whether or not we needed a TV and Xbox 360 in the room and if I would help pay for one (he was for it, I was against it), and then some really, really bad stuff happened to one of my longest friends, whose boyfriend had just died from a drunken accident...and I'm trying to teach myself what's the right amount of detail to illustrate a point without being unnecessary, so while I could go on forever about everything that was happening at the time, there's better times and places for that.

On another note, horrendous makes a good point about almost any small online community: They get closed after a while, typically for cost-of-hosting reasons. I've relied more and more on my cell phone for almost all one-on-one communication because I can't seem to get into social media like most people I know have. And a lot of communities, like RyuTama points out, are just totally hostile to each other, GameFAQs being a good example.
    Last edited by Rocketpop; 07-26-2014 at 10:55 AM. Reason: formatting fixed
    Dan Quayle

teed's Puppy International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818's Avatar
    Gil
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2020 05:11 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by horrendous View Post
    i've met a couple people on here (@Asseroya and @Foxy ) that i consider good friends, and i hope to remain their friend for a long time. and i agree that smaller communities are better, because you can get to know EVERYONE that posts frequently.

it'll be a shame when this forum is eventually closed, because it's one of my few social outlets. without this place, i'd interact with humanity much less than i do now.

I see how it is....

Banned Forum / Chat Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by International 4-8818 View Post

I see how it is....
    adremalech_silver add me on skype super bro : D

Aggressively stupid Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Kawaiislice Alice Pocket Watch
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-07-2024 04:50 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by horrendous View Post
    adremalech_silver add me on skype super bro : D
    The pleb doesn't have Skype. Pshh. We should publicly humiliate him.

Gil
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    The pleb doesn't have Skype. Pshh. We should publicly humiliate him.
    geez what a dork. i hate him now.

Senior Member darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967's Avatar
    Gil
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-27-2014 06:44 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: h3rra

I think it's a very well moderated forum
    Strengthen & Keep Strengthening

🐮🔪 "I'll see it when I believe it" 🐮🔪 ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Cookie Cookie Hedgehog
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-16-2023 02:57 PM
    The corner of Everywhere and Nowhere, ya dig?
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: TwilightWolf2508 Steam ID: zombiewolf2508

Really awesome communities are hard to find now, but I don't think it's really because of social media. It just seems to me like there are lot more assholes now. But awesome communities are still out there. I used to spend hours on a forum for a Metal Gear clan (HeWhoDares) and even though they were EU and I was NA (MGO was regionlocked in a way) and I wasn't a clan member, they still treated me as one and accepted me as a huge part of the comminity. I added almost everyone on PSN and still play with them when I can. They're some of the coolest people I've met online, and it was really sad when the forum host screwed us over and wiped six months from the forum before eventually dropping the domain and shutting us down for no reason.

This place, while not highly active, is awesome. AF has some of the friendliest people I've ever met online, and some of the only people I really talk to are from here. This is also the only "big" forum I've ever been active on because they're usually filled with rude and idiotic people. (I was always on forums that MAYBE had 100 people opposed to AF's 200k).

But yeah, this place is cool.

My mood on a daily basis

Aggressively stupid Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Kawaiislice Alice Pocket Watch
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-07-2024 04:50 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

This is how I feel about AF.

(Though I have made some new ones. And there's like a few crazies out there who are still here)

17. Likes Sympathy liked this post
    Senior Member дух has a reputation beyond repute дух has a reputation beyond repute дух has a reputation beyond repute дух has a reputation beyond repute дух has a reputation beyond repute дух has a reputation beyond repute дух has a reputation beyond repute дух has a reputation beyond repute дух has a reputation beyond repute дух has a reputation beyond repute дух has a reputation beyond repute дух's Avatar
    Gil
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2021 06:26 AM
    Threads

I've been coming to this forum since I was 17 (I'm 25). I mostly hung out in chat though. I didn't interact on the forums a lot. Well, nothing compared to this account.

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I feel the need to admit I kind of feel awkward now after divulging that much so suddenly. I'm not sure I should have said that much without actually participating more in the forums. I think I may have been too forward. I'm sorry if I made anyone feel uncomfortable. I'm not excusing it, but it's a really bad habit that sometimes alienates people.
    Dan Quayle

teed's Puppy International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818's Avatar
    Gil
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Ohmygahd I hate all of you. Fine I'll send my Skype to ya'll. just pm me.

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Reminiscing takes us back to the days of yore,
    just a glimmer of yesterday's thought to take us back.
    It makes us think today is such a bore,
    of yesterday's ecstasy it must lack.
    To tomorrow we hold our head up high,
    hoping for a new adventure by and by.
    But today we must learn to carry through,
    otherwise our tomorrow will be subdued.
    Our experiences remind us of what was better,
    but our education shows what must change.
    With our knowledge our life will have range,
    while our memories will always create a stir.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

22. Thanks Nanobyte thanked for this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by DeathBlade/13.666 View Post
    Reminiscing takes us back to the days of yore,
    just a glimmer of yesterday's thought to take us back.
    It makes us think today is such a bore,
    of yesterday's ecstasy it must lack.
    To tomorrow we hold our head up high,
    hoping for a new adventure by and by.
    But today we must learn to carry through,
    otherwise our tomorrow will be subdued.
    Our experiences remind us of what was better,
    but our education shows what must change.
    With our knowledge our life will have range,
    while our memories will always create a stir.
    damn dude, that actually got me a bit emotional. well said.

24. Thanks DeathBlade/13.666 thanked for this post
    SES Member Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-16-2017 05:34 AM
    Threads

The good old days of the internet! Man, even this recent invention feels sort of old when you think about it.
    If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.

&#32
    RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama's Avatar
    Gil
    Where
    Mentioned
    1093 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

First of all <3333

Also, I don't want to turn it into that thread but it's so easy to get adjusted to big forums...it's just that people here really don't like taking part of discussions..and if you do, you gotta say something meaningful to at least stand out.

It works like real life, you gotta make the effort, friends just don't "come" to you.
    First of all

Tbh the thing that makes it easier in smaller communities, is that you're almost guaranteed to find a lot of people with similar interests. Whereas in real life you generally need to have more "popular" hobbies to attract more friends. It's actually kinda sad, even if you do meet someone in real life that have similar hobbies, you might never know. Because oftentimes if you openly admit that you're into anime or manga, lots of people automatically assume you're some social reject weirdo/pervert/etc.

One year in college I was paired up with a girl in my Italian class. She was nice and everything, but neither one of us talked about our hobbies and interests, we just worked together. Then towards the end of the year, she saw me drawing an anime character (I think it was Grell from Black Butler? Can't remember exactly) and from then on we were actual friends. It's sad to think that without that trigger, we would have never really gotten to know each other. And it makes you wonder about how many other people you passed by that could you have become really awesome friends with.

That's why it's easier to express yourself and make friends on a forum like this, because you know that there's people out there that you can relate with and talk to freely.

Totally off-topic but LOL I actually read that in a bookstore in Santa Cruz not too long ago. My friends saw it first and we all got excited about it. :B

Gil
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

This is how I feel about AF.

(Though I have made some new ones. And there's like a few crazies out there who are still here)

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RyuTama View Post
    First of all

Tbh the thing that makes it easier in smaller communities, is that you're almost guaranteed to find a lot of people with similar interests. Whereas in real life you generally need to have more "popular" hobbies to attract more friends. It's actually kinda sad, even if you do meet someone in real life that have similar hobbies, you might never know. Because oftentimes if you openly admit that you're into anime or manga, lots of people automatically assume you're some social reject weirdo/pervert/etc.

One year in college I was paired up with a girl in my Italian class. She was nice and everything, but neither one of us talked about our hobbies and interests, we just worked together. Then towards the end of the year, she saw me drawing an anime character (I think it was Grell from Black Butler? Can't remember exactly) and from then on we were actual friends. It's sad to think that without that trigger, we would have never really gotten to know each other. And it makes you wonder about how many other people you passed by that could you have become really awesome friends with.

That's why it's easier to express yourself and make friends on a forum like this, because you know that there's people out there that you can relate with and talk to freely.
    You completely missed my point.

It's not hard making new acquaintances in forums like Naruto Forums, Saiyan Island (as garbage as it is), A4, Arlong Park and such.

The forum doesn't have to be small for you to stand out. If you join any of the above...you OBVIOUSLY will have something in common with someone, so you either gotta reach out and/or stand out (like don't say generic stuff and post something that contributes to the conversation).

&#32
    Gil
    Where
    Mentioned
    1093 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

You completely missed my point.

It's not hard making new acquaintances in forums like Naruto Forums, Saiyan Island (as garbage as it is), A4, Arlong Park and such.

The forum doesn't have to be small for you to stand out. If you join any of the above...you OBVIOUSLY will have something in common with someone, so you either gotta reach out and/or stand out (like don't say generic stuff and post something that contributes to the conversation).
    I was more or less addressing your comment that "it works the same as it does irl".

I tried A4 before, but I didn't really get into it. Then again it was during my more inactive/busy life times so that's probably why lol.

AF's Resident Jerk Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Coke Candlejack Bullets
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-01-2021 10:00 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Nephthys1

So, I am going to be that guy.
    I have been here since 2004, when I was 15. I am 25 now
    Sure it's a tight community but its filled with awesome circle jerk elites. The chat and forum people are split entities. I wouldn't exactly call us the pentacle of brotherly love.
    You know there use to be hazing in the chatroom whenever we inducted a new member. Where is that at? Wheres your sense of loyalty people?!

Closed Thread

Thread Information