AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Translation needed for a word in a Japanese computer game.

🐮🔪 Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-13-2019 08:41 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Translation needed for a word in a Japanese computer game.

Anybody on these forums read Japanese? I have been translating game text, and it's pretty easy to guess with katakana text (it's just the Japanese spelling of their best pronunciation of English words, and each symbol just represents a specific sound). But this one piece of text has kanji in it, which I don't know how to read. Only a person who knows the Japanese language quite well would be able to.

Here's what I need translated.

As you can see, the word starts with katakana, but then ends with kanji.
    Click the banner to visit my website.

My website is still under construction, so please visit it often to see it as it grows. You may have to press F5 to refresh the page if there's something new that's not showing (in some rare cases, you may have to use Ctrl+F5). If you wish to contact me about my site and are a member of Animeforum, PM me. If you are just a guest visiting Animeforum, please use [email protected]

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Kashiro is on a distinguished road Kashiro's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-28-2014 12:13 AM
    Threads

Default Re: Translation needed for a word in a Japanese computer game.

記録 - kiroku, in this context it means a 'record'
    プレイ記録 would be a 'play history/record'

Good luck with your translation!

🐮🔪 Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-13-2019 08:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kashiro View Post
    記録 - kiroku, in this context it means a 'record'
    プレイ記録 would be a 'play history/record'

Good luck with your translation!

So is "record" in this case a noun or a verb? Like maybe button1 records and button2 plays back? Or is it intended to be one button meaning to basically "play the previously recorded footage"? Or maybe it's from one button that means it is a history of playing (like an achievement/highscore table) that would be viewed if it was clicke? I have yet to find the menu item/button in question in the actual game. This picture I posted here to demonstrate what needed to be translated, is actually from portion of a sprite-sheet resource that I ripped from the game (not a screencap of a portion of the game's window). Without further context in the game, and without a strong knowledge of the Japanese language, I don't know exactly what it means.

Hopefully you have enough strong knowledge of the Japanese language, that you will be able to tell me exactly what it means.
    Last edited by Animedude5555; 07-17-2014 at 07:51 PM.
    Click the banner to visit my website.

My website is still under construction, so please visit it often to see it as it grows. You may have to press F5 to refresh the page if there's something new that's not showing (in some rare cases, you may have to use Ctrl+F5). If you wish to contact me about my site and are a member of Animeforum, PM me. If you are just a guest visiting Animeforum, please use [email protected]

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Kashiro is on a distinguished road Kashiro's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-28-2014 12:13 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Animedude5555 View Post
    So is "record" in this case a noun or a verb? Like maybe button1 records and button2 plays back? Or is it intended to be one button meaning to basically "play the previously recorded footage"? Or maybe it's from one button that means it is a history of playing (like an achievement/highscore table) that would be viewed if it was clicke? I have yet to find the menu item/button in question in the actual game. This picture I posted here to demonstrate what needed to be translated, is actually from portion of a sprite-sheet resource that I ripped from the game (not a screencap of a portion of the game's window). Without further context in the game, and without a strong knowledge of the Japanese language, I don't know exactly what it means.

Hopefully you have enough strong knowledge of the Japanese language, that you will be able to tell me exactly what it means.
    記録 (kiroku) is a noun. This refers to a history of game plays and not a playback button.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information