Hi forum,
If you're reading this, you know that I'm both new and an otaku .
Some of my favorite animes are Black Butler (one of the only animes I prefer dubbed, because I first watched it dubbed, and J. Michael Tatum's Sebastian just does it for me in a way that his Japanese original doesn't), Hell Girl, Ghost Hunt, Dusk Maiden of Amnesia, Death Note, Binbougami Ga!, and Shigofumi. I prefer subtitled anime, and usually will not watch one dubbed unless I have no choice.
I love the Japanese language and culture, and know a modicum of Japanese, but I'm trying to focus on learning Arabic first, inshallah. But I know enough Japanese (and Persian!) that I don't want to lose what I've gained, so every now and then my priorities shift...I love languages, tea, and good food (especially sweets!), alternative medicine, ethnobotany, the study of religion and spirituality (I'm personally Muslim, but I've always been fascinated by the multiplicity of creeds and their similarities and differences, especially when it comes to their esoteric traditions), Coast to Coast AM with George Noory, folklore, and everything generally weird and/or wondrous.
Other "identifiers": I'm an American, a husband and father, a veteran, a Michigander, a Sunni Naqshbandi, a bronie, a Michigan "green card" patient, and a Buffy fan (and a fan of Joss Whedon's stuff generally).
When I was in middle school I had the biggest fan-crush on Cindy Lauper. I won't say any more about my age, lol.
I hope to learn a lot here. Thanks for having me.