Hi everyone! I just wrote a prologue for a story i might write. Please comment on it with tips trics etc. I can write all day but i prefer to make you read it from the start

Yours sincerely,

Joep

Prologue

Hi there! Welcome to Neria. Although our country is presented as a stable country to the outside world we do have quite a few domestic problems. These problems are a result of the major differences between the people in our country. We have got the mages who are mainly booksmart and think all answers can be found in studying. Secondly there are the rangers, they always come op with tricks during a battle. Of course both party`s do not compare to the best of all races: the warriors. We rely on our brute force since there is no honor in tricking your enemy.

Since the beginning of times our three races have had a quarrel. This quarrel resulted in the one-hundred-year-war. This war struck the whole nation and after it was finally finished we decided the country needed a ruler. We split our country into four pieces. The first three pieces were given to each of the three races. The fourth part is known as the land of the strong. People of all races live there and protect the only land border of our country.

To make sure the border is well protected and to choose a strong leader, a tournament is organized every four years. The tournament is called the innerpower tournament. The stadium is located in the middle of our country where all domestic borders cross. My race makes sure there is a strong and well protected stadium every innerpower tournament. The mages heal everyone during and after the tournament and they also create magic walls to protect the audience. Last but not least do the rangers make sure everything is organized the right way.

The winner of the tournament will rule the country for 4 years. After those 4 years this person is bannished to the land of the strong to protect the border and to make sure there will be a new ruler every few years. Every tournament a race selects 10 representives to take part in the tournament. My father actually was one of the representives a few years ago. Sadly he lost, but he still is the strongest warrior in my village: Vaken. The village is next to the massive innerpower stadium and i often went there to play with other curious kids from the region. This is where i met Sigmund and Sorra. Sigmund is a streetsmart cunning little rat from the ranger village of Worra. He is my best friend together with Sorra. Sorra is more of a book person living in the magic village of Hoven.

We always played together at the stadium. Sadly things are going to change very soon. We all turned 17 last year. This means we turn 18 coming year. Thats why at the first of Januari we have to do our adult ritual. After this ritual i won`t be allowed to speak to people from other races except for the innerpower tournament. This is why Sigmund, Sorra and i decided to run away the 31st of December. This flow of information almost made me forget to introduce myself. My name is Crayden and one day i will become the strongest warrior and unite my country.