AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Thread: How did you discover the term "anime?"

Threaded View

Senior Member Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare's Avatar
    Gil
    Angry
    Gifts Purple Ribbon Gabumon Cylon Centurion
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2017 08:07 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default How did you discover the term "anime?"

I'm pretty sure everyone can recall their first anime and how they found it, but how did you first find out about the actual word "anime," and what all was covered under that term?

I remember when we got internet back in our household for a short while in about...2002ish, I did a Google search for Cardcaptor Sakura, Dragonball Z, and other pictures of cartoons that I used to watch after school and on weekends. In one of the search results was something along the lines of, "This is one of my favorite animes." I Googled "anime" and was shocked to learn that a good portion of the cartoons I had been watching on Fox, WB and CN were in fact, Japanese animations. I always had an affinity for Asian history and culture since I was a little kid, and it was interesting to find out that a lot of the shows I had been watching were from a country I had previously studied.

How bout you folks? How did the actual term "anime" become a part of your vocabulary?
    Last edited by Velvet_Nightmare; 03-20-2014 at 03:37 AM.
    No power in the 'verse can stop me...

Thread Information