AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What happens at a convention? Just wondering cause I've never been to one..

Member Azula, The Sorceress is on a distinguished road Azula, The Sorceress's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2014 02:23 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SOCK IT TO ME

Default What happens at a convention? Just wondering cause I've never been to one..

What happens at a convention?

I am just curios never been to one, what kind of atmosphere is it, cause I am one of those shy pious types but I would like to try going to one, it's just that I want to know what to expect, like how crowded it might be and all of that.

Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2017 10:46 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

Default Re: What happens at a convention? Just wondering cause I've never been to one..

Booth Babes

and then there is meaningless other stuff like merchandise sales. Advertising for different shows and books. Usually theres a room with a massive projector where they'll play trailers/teasers for new things to come or sometimes even show premiers. There will be actors, authors, voice actors, directors, etc... signing things for fans. As far as the mood, they tend to be pretty crowded, but they're one of the few places where you can really be as free and weird as you want because people will like you for it, no matter how weird or obnoxious you think you may be, there is several people there who are even more so. It doesn't matter how you act, you'll very easily blend into the crowd.
    Last edited by Kaleohano; 02-19-2014 at 10:34 PM.
    Hmmm... Been a while
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

AF Lurker Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Snowman Hedgehog Pocky
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2018 06:17 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Zainox-

Default Re: What happens at a convention? Just wondering cause I've never been to one..

Kaleohano pretty much nailed it. Especially with this~

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleohano View Post
    but they're one of the few places where you can really be as free and weird as you want because people will like you for it, no matter how weird or obnoxious you think you may be, there is several people there who are even more so. It doesn't matter how you act, you'll very easily blend into the crowd.
    I was shy at first, but everyone is just so cool and casual. Plus there are HEAPS of people that are probably just as nervous or as shy as you. It's seriously so easy to talk to people there. At first I used to be dead quiet in lines, just chilling with my mates, now I get in there and talk with EVERYONE! Remember, people there share your interests, so it's not exactly hard to talk to them about something.

It will be busy as hell though, and you can wait in lines for AGES to get into events.

MY ANIME-PLANET WATCH LIST

AF FAMILY
    Astral_Mage - Younger Brother/Confetti Brother
    horrendous - Older Brother
    1nterest1ng - Confetti Brother

Junior Member Jon Snow is on a distinguished road Jon Snow's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-19-2014 09:23 AM
    Threads

is there a specific con that you are looking into by chance? each one has different history/size/things they offer so each experience will be different (though at the same time almost the same)

I went to my first con this past year, Tsubasacon in Huntington, WV. It's a small con when compared to others but they had a good bit of panels and a nice sized merchandise room. They also offered a game room with numerous consoles and games, even many exclusively sold in Japan with their voice overs, kanji and everything.

Lines were long as can be for many things but if you know the schedule and what you want to do ahead of time, you can plan things out and avoid waiting for hours to get an autograph or sit in on a panel, etc.

At Tsubasacon they actually had a guest speaker the night before closing ceremony who gave a speech to the attendees. She was stating how bullying affected her and others and talked about how attending the con for...10?15? years really helped her connect with like minded people. She even presented an award to the staff. (also many of the attendees were in tears by the end of it.)

to sum it all up. You can be 150% yourself, people are nice, people love taking pics of cosplay, very crowded, a bit costly. if you plan on going to one save up a year ahead of time and book a hotel close to the con and early

Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2017 10:46 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

Quote Originally Posted by Zainox View Post
    Kaleohano pretty much nailed it. Especially with this~
    Personally, i thought booth babes was the most significant point i made.
    Hmmm... Been a while
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

AF Lurker Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Snowman Hedgehog Pocky
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2018 06:17 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Zainox-

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleohano View Post
    Personally, i thought booth babes was the most significant point i made.
    The picture wouldn't load for me. D:

MY ANIME-PLANET WATCH LIST

AF FAMILY
    Astral_Mage - Younger Brother/Confetti Brother
    horrendous - Older Brother
    1nterest1ng - Confetti Brother

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2024 08:40 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I've never been to a convention either.
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

Senior Member Riverflower has a reputation beyond repute Riverflower has a reputation beyond repute Riverflower has a reputation beyond repute Riverflower has a reputation beyond repute Riverflower has a reputation beyond repute Riverflower has a reputation beyond repute Riverflower has a reputation beyond repute Riverflower has a reputation beyond repute Riverflower has a reputation beyond repute Riverflower has a reputation beyond repute Riverflower has a reputation beyond repute Riverflower's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2015 01:46 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Zeptii

I can't find any conventions around here
    Maybe I should plan a trip elsewhere, and try to attend. Sounds like fun

Just looking for something beautiful

Little Green Miko Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Gifts Kawaiislice Aria Neko Pluto Garnet Orb
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-23-2023 10:19 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kagxme4988 PSN ID: KagomeMiko

I've been going to anime cons for--8 or 9 years now.

There are ALWAYS a shet ton of cosplayers, Everywhere. Photo ops happen all the time. And mini-larps too. There are events coordinated to cosplay as well, the Hall Cosplay contest, the Masquerade, Dating-Game, shiz like that.

They have all kinds of panels too. Informational ones, fan driven ones, game-show panels, panels where you get to meet and greet and ask famous people in the industry shiz.

There's the dealers room, where everything anime/manga, video games and a bunch of Japanese related stuff is always sold.

There's the video game room-where you can go and play with hundreds of gamer fans. They have tournaments through out the weekend too.

Famous people from the industry are always invited: voice actors, artists, producers etc. And they almost always have a J-pop/J-rock band performing at some point.

Its a great place for an otaku to go for a weekend and meet new people that are into the same stuff you are. Make new friends face-to-face, and get more immersed in the Japanese animation culture~

That's what happens at them,
    How'd You Like That On Your Lawn?!
    "I may be empty, but I'm not worthless!"

...Clear...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information