AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sick of being fat? Counting carbs not working? Try this *proven* method!

Banned Forum / Chat Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts V Guitar Electric Guitar Black Guitar
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2016 08:54 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: gurutar Steam ID: gurutar2015

Default Sick of being fat? Counting carbs not working? Try this *proven* method!

Are you overweight? Have you ever thought "I want to lose this excess body fat, but I don't want to be inconvenienced with not eating as much or moving". Well then you're like most long-term fat people: lazy. This proven method is 100% guaranteed to work, and all you have to do is familiarize yourself with one word: effort.

Introducing the not-new-at-all weightloss method, the Stop Deluding Yourself And Actually Try system! This breakthrough ancient diet has been proven in clinical studies to be the *only* weightloss method that actually works! The Stop Deluding Yourself And Actually Try method is based on two steps:

1. Stop deluding yourself: This step involves realizing that fad diets, pills, 5-minute-a-day exercise routines and magic weightloss powders that you sprinkle on your food are bullsh*t, and you are a tool for even considering trying them. Once you've completed step 1, you can move on to:

2. Actually try. This step involves a) not being lazy, and b) not guiltily stuffing your gourd and promising yourself you'll eat less next time. That's right, just exercise and eat less f*ckin food! It's *proven* to work! Just listen to these testimonials:

"I had tried everything to lose my excess weight. Well, everything except actually trying. Then I found out about the Stop Deluding Yourself And Actually Try system, and after 6 months on the program, I went from 240 pounds to 160 pounds! Like the program said, all it took was effort!"

- Jay from New Hampshire

"I spent thousands of dollars on pre-packed weight loss meals and pills, and nothing worked. Then I read about the Stop Deluding Yourself And Actually Try method. It taught me that my body isn't a game of Tetris: I can't keep adding and adding until the blocks magically disappear. I've spent 3 months on the system and dropped 4 dress sizes! It really works!"

- Tabitha from Michigan

You too can experience this fundamental and obvious weight loss method for 3 easy payments of - just kidding, eating less actually *saves* you money, and exercising is free! Join the weight loss revolution today!

--

this post is inspired by my grandmother, who has spent literally thousands of dollars on exercise machines that she used once then gave away and diet books that she tried for a month before deciding it was too hard.

Senior Member darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967's Avatar
    Gil
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-27-2014 06:44 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: h3rra

Default Re: Sick of being fat? Counting carbs not working? Try this *proven* method!

thanks so much. I can finally stop being fat !

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Sick of being fat? Counting carbs not working? Try this *proven* method!

So wait, some 50% of the western population lost all motivation sometime in the late '80s, and decided to sit down and get overweight? This doesn't even begin to make sense. What triggered this collective collapse of willpower?

And if merely trying was enough, don't you think more people would succeed? It's almost as if traditional weight loss regimens have a terrible success rate.

Dunno. Just some questions from someone who used to be fat, had no success with traditional dieting and exercise, but effortlessly lost it all with low-carb.
    Last edited by Eris; 11-25-2013 at 11:29 AM.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2023 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    So wait, some 50% of the western population lost all motivation sometime in the late '80s, and decided to sit down and get overweight? This doesn't even begin to make sense. What triggered this collective collapse of willpower?
    I don't think there was a change in willpower, I think there was a change in priorities. You have a limited amount of will power, and people are spending it somewhere else other than weight loss. A lot of people got their exercise in during work, but with an office job you have to spend free time to do it. Computers, video games, and other things that make sedentary life more appealing weren't around either.

Dunno. Just some questions from someone who used to be fat, had no success with traditional dieting and exercise, but effortlessly lost it all with low-carb.
    Same thing doesn't work for everyone. Low-carb works for a lot of people which is why it is so famous, but it won't work for other people. Though I'm curious as to whether low-carb simply makes calorie deficits easier or whether it actually prevents the body body from storing fat.

Quote Originally Posted by horrendous View Post
    Are you overweight? Have you ever thought "I want to lose this excess body fat, but I don't want to be inconvenienced with not eating as much or moving". Well then you're like most long-term fat people: lazy. This proven method is 100% guaranteed to work, and all you have to do is familiarize yourself with one word: effort.
    Your method is 100% guaranteed to work for a couple months to a year, and then it will probably fail after that.

Any exercise and diet routine that takes a significant amount of effort will not work. You will run out of will power and eventually just give up. Say something stressful happens that puts you in a low emotional state, like a break up or lay off or whatever. That is usually where this routine will fail. It has to be something that takes some effort to get started, but after a while becomes effortless. Why? Because your routine has to be permanent. If it ever stops you end up back where you started really quickly.

You should just accept the fact that what works for you doesn't work for everyone. What is easy for you isn't easy for everyone. You can't expect everyone to have the same values as you or the same taste as you. Don't you think priorities and taste play a huge role in how people make decisions? Do you really think people are just failing to pull motivation and willpower out of their donkey?

What I will say though, is that there are a lot of people who are trying scams and are not putting any effort at all into managing their weight, the claim to have tried everything. On that point I will agree with you. However there are also a lot of people who put a lot of effort (even more so than you) into things that don't work for them as they aren't sustainable in the long term.
    Last edited by Wio; 11-25-2013 at 01:00 PM.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wio View Post
    I don't think there was a change in willpower, I think there was a change in priorities. You have a limited amount of will power, and people are spending it somewhere else other than weight loss. A lot of people got their exercise in during work, but with an office job you have to spend free time to do it. Computers, video games, and other things that make sedentary life more appealing weren't around either.
    Lack of exercise isn't really a sufficient explanation for the obesity epidemic. A healthy body should be capable of regulating calorie expenditure, regardless of activity level. Hormones are supposed to regulate energy intake based with hunger or satiety. Even if that wasn't the case, and hunger wasn't a function of calorific need, there's still a problem with the exercise hypothesis: We are eating more today than we did in the past. Portion sizes have increased. Why in the world would exercising less make us hungrier? There are people who eat 5000-6000 kcal/day and still don't feel full. How does this even begin to make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Wio View Post
    Same thing doesn't work for everyone. Low-carb works for a lot of people which is why it is so famous, but it won't work for other people. Though I'm curious as to whether low-carb simply makes calorie deficits easier or whether it actually prevents the body body from storing fat.
    Low-carb makes calorie deficits easier, by first of all being incredibly sating, while at the same time not rendering you lethargic like low-fat diets do.

It's still calories in / calories out, just minus having to fight your endocrine system every waking moment.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2023 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Lack of exercise isn't really a sufficient explanation for the obesity epidemic. A healthy body should be capable of regulating calorie expenditure, regardless of activity level. Hormones are supposed to regulate energy intake based with hunger or satiety. Even if that wasn't the case, and hunger wasn't a function of calorific need, there's still a problem with the exercise hypothesis: We are eating more today than we did in the past. Portion sizes have increased. Why in the world would exercising less make us hungrier? There are people who eat 5000-6000 kcal/day and still don't feel full. How does this even begin to make sense?
    Exercise is just one example though. The overall point is a change in priorities. A lot of people might say they want to lose weight, but it is like saying I prefer $50 over $10. The actual question is do you want to make a drastic in your lifestyle that will result in having a lower weight, and a lot of people would say no if they were to be honest with themselves. Actually I find it more curious that people won't admit this than the fact that there is an obesity epidemic. You have people on both extremes trying to claim there is nothing wrong with being fat or claiming they have tried everything but nothing works. You'd think there would be more people saying "I'll take the extra cheese burger over the increased lifespan" since that is what is going on in their minds subconsciously.

As for never being full, it's very easy to confuse general anxiety for hunger, or even to satiation itself for hunger. When food is cheaper, using food as therapy is easier. Again, none of these little things on their own cause the problem, they just all sort of add up. The overall trend is a difference in priorities. If you have your own theory that you where hoping I'd arrive at, that probably also contributes.

7. Likes XdreamzX liked this post
    Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pocket Watch Katana Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2019 09:03 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Lack of exercise isn't really a sufficient explanation for the obesity epidemic. A healthy body should be capable of regulating calorie expenditure, regardless of activity level. Hormones are supposed to regulate energy intake based with hunger or satiety.
    I don't think that's the case. I think peoples bodies are generally designed to want to become fat. Historically starvation has been a major cause of human death and shortages of food also lead to other causes of death such as fighting with preditors, war, or succuming to the elements due to malnourishment. The health consequences of being overweight don't tend to come into play until after historic life expectencies. So being a little overweight was a good thing. Actually, based on some art I've seen, I'd say people used to be into what we would consider fatties.

Even if that wasn't the case, and hunger wasn't a function of calorific need, there's still a problem with the exercise hypothesis: We are eating more today than we did in the past. Portion sizes have increased. Why in the world would exercising less make us hungrier? There are people who eat 5000-6000 kcal/day and still don't feel full. How does this even begin to make sense?
    It seems like caloric "need" as our bodies understand it is based on wether or not we are having to digest ourselves. I'm not sure the feelings are very different if you're "starving" at 5% or 50% body fat.

Though I think there is also the issue of volume, especially in the short term. Until it's digested your body doesn't really have a way to tell the difference between 2000 calories of donughts or 20 calories of celery. I think that's a part of how we put on that extra weight our bodies then want to maintain.

Senior Member AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2016 10:21 PM
    Threads

Low carb is crap. Low fat is crap. Anything fat or sugar free is poison. You want a weight loss tip? I once lost close to 15lbs in 2 months and it was close to 5% body fat. I ate 4-6 times a day, breakfast being old fashion oatmeal, black coffee and 2 whole eggs. My other 3-5 meals were half a chicken breast, 3/4 cup brown rice, and 1 cup broccoli. I didn't exercise in this time period either. I drank around 1 gallon of water a day. I substituted the chicken for fish or lean cuts of steak periodically, and the rice for quinoa or sweet potatoes. Eat a balanced, quality diet and don't worry about fat or skinny. Just be healthy.

Member TranslucentBitrate has a reputation beyond repute TranslucentBitrate has a reputation beyond repute TranslucentBitrate has a reputation beyond repute TranslucentBitrate has a reputation beyond repute TranslucentBitrate has a reputation beyond repute TranslucentBitrate has a reputation beyond repute TranslucentBitrate has a reputation beyond repute TranslucentBitrate has a reputation beyond repute TranslucentBitrate has a reputation beyond repute TranslucentBitrate has a reputation beyond repute TranslucentBitrate has a reputation beyond repute TranslucentBitrate's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Hot Chocolate
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-03-2013 06:48 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Bitrates

Bein fat is where its at, More cake for me

"Goodbye, Sa-ka-ki-ba-ra-kun."

Senior Member AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by TranslucentBitrate View Post
    Bein fat is where its at, More cake for me
    I like cake too. I'm more of a "do as I say, not as I do" kind of guy, as opposed to "lead by example"...

Member TranslucentBitrate has a reputation beyond repute TranslucentBitrate has a reputation beyond repute TranslucentBitrate has a reputation beyond repute TranslucentBitrate has a reputation beyond repute TranslucentBitrate has a reputation beyond repute TranslucentBitrate has a reputation beyond repute TranslucentBitrate has a reputation beyond repute TranslucentBitrate has a reputation beyond repute TranslucentBitrate has a reputation beyond repute TranslucentBitrate has a reputation beyond repute TranslucentBitrate has a reputation beyond repute TranslucentBitrate's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Hot Chocolate
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by AllHopeInEclipse View Post
    I like cake too. I'm more of a "do as I say, not as I do" kind of guy, as opposed to "lead by example"...
    Cake is the only reason I am still chubby, Can't give that grozit up. Too Good can't handle it.

Gil
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Cake is the only reason I am still chubby, Can't give that grozit up. Too Good can't handle it.
    My true vice is beer, but cake and fast food are a close second lol. Cake is still a treat for me, but beer and fast food is more of a binge thing.

Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Hot Chocolate
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

My true vice is beer, but cake and fast food are a close second lol. Cake is still a treat for me, but beer and fast food is more of a binge thing.
    Everyone else can keep their rabbit food, not that there is anything wrong with that, I enjoy it. But you and I. We will be Beer and Cake buddies

Gil
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Everyone else can keep their rabbit food, not that there is anything wrong with that, I enjoy it. But you and I. We will be Beer and Cake buddies
    I'm already ahead of you. 44oz of beer in, and craving mcdonalds or a little debbie treat.

Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Hot Chocolate
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I'm already ahead of you. 44oz of beer in, and craving mcdonalds or a little debbie treat.
    Nice, I got me a rum and coke, and a bag of tostitos Mmm salsa, Also I haven't gotten into them yet, but Chewy Chips Ahoy

Gil
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Nice, I got me a rum and coke, and a bag of tostitos Mmm salsa, Also I haven't gotten into them yet, but Chewy Chips Ahoy
    :drool: My favorite. Srs. Maybe I'll try to make it to the grocery store instead. Either way I need moar beer.

Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Hot Chocolate
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

:drool: My favorite. Srs. Maybe I'll try to make it to the grocery store instead. Either way I need moar beer.
    Walk in with pride an honor good friend, God Speed, and may your delicious cookie feast bring you great joy as the great lord Mr.Christie smiles upon you and blesses your stomach with greatness, A meal fit only for a true god.

Gil
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Walk in with pride an honor good friend, God Speed, and may your delicious cookie feast bring you great joy as the great lord Mr.Christie smiles upon you and blesses your stomach with greatness, A meal fit only for a true god.
    I might just get lazy with the whole thing. I'm just going to 7/11 for beer and maybe a snickers ice cream bar.

Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Hot Chocolate
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I might just get lazy with the whole thing. I'm just going to 7/11 for beer and maybe a snickers ice cream bar.
    Well in that case, Make sure you at least have pants on

Gil
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well in that case, Make sure you at least have pants on

Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Hot Chocolate
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

You are right, this is no time for pants

Gil
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I went with my inner redneck. Two tall boys of Coors light and a bag of cheddar pretzel combos. #livingthedream

Senior Member Syaoran has a reputation beyond repute Syaoran has a reputation beyond repute Syaoran has a reputation beyond repute Syaoran has a reputation beyond repute Syaoran has a reputation beyond repute Syaoran has a reputation beyond repute Syaoran has a reputation beyond repute Syaoran has a reputation beyond repute Syaoran has a reputation beyond repute Syaoran has a reputation beyond repute Syaoran has a reputation beyond repute Syaoran's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Cake Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Cookie
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-30-2016 12:13 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Why not poop it all out?

Puberty was kind to me and I shed weight without doing anything.

ll Set by Duck [Daken] ll Sprites by genericnpc on Tumblr ll Formerly Dark Butterfly

25. Thanks AllHopeInEclipse thanked for this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by syaoran View Post
    why not poop it all out? :d

puberty was kind to me and i shed weight without doing anything.
    yyyeeesss!!!!!

Fuchsia Ruler Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Heart Pisces Double Bento
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2016 06:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Syaoran View Post
    Why not poop it all out?

Puberty was kind to me and I shed weight without doing anything.
    it's p much like this with me.

Closed Thread

Thread Information