AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: OOC: RP Discussion/Idea thread

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: OOC: RP Discussion/Idea thread

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyside View Post
    Happy new year everybody.

I've put in my approval request for The School of Seven Towers. As I recall there's an RPG group here on AF. I might use that as a place to assemble the sign in and the first post of the RP Thread.

I'm trying to decide if letting people comment on a game before it's finalized and launched is a good idea or a horrible one. It will likely be a while before the game launches, not just because of waiting on LPS, but also because I rather want to get Nightmarchers totally finished first, and maybe square away some things in real life.

I'm also a bit worried about how quite things are on this board and AF in general. How are things going in life and RP requests with the rest of you?
    Things for me are going pretty meh-kay, which is normal. Just waiting for a relevant RP to show up that catches my interest and allows the type of character that I want to use. Otherwise, y'know, college and stuff.
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

2. Thanks sunnyside thanked for this post
    Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pocket Watch Katana Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2019 09:03 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'm a little concerned about the two new games that haven't gotten any sign ups.

Although the wolf game got 10, Harmonia got 13, and Android Undercity got 14 and those are all pretty recent, so maybe the playerbase is still mostly there. Just maybe pickier than I'm used to.

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'm a little concerned about the two new games that haven't gotten any sign ups.

Although the wolf game got 10, Harmonia got 13, and Android Undercity got 14 and those are all pretty recent, so maybe the playerbase is still mostly there. Just maybe pickier than I'm used to.
    Neither of those two new games particularly interest me, though that's just my own reason behind it.

The Poet Sword Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2019 05:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The Equest and Wleaders? Yeah, just didn't catch my fancy.

Perhaps the world was never meant to make perfect sense.

Senior Member Neptuneon has a reputation beyond repute Neptuneon has a reputation beyond repute Neptuneon has a reputation beyond repute Neptuneon has a reputation beyond repute Neptuneon has a reputation beyond repute Neptuneon has a reputation beyond repute Neptuneon has a reputation beyond repute Neptuneon has a reputation beyond repute Neptuneon has a reputation beyond repute Neptuneon has a reputation beyond repute Neptuneon has a reputation beyond repute Neptuneon's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Woot
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-28-2014 12:27 PM
    in my house in a city in a state in a country in a world in a galaxy in an universe
    Threads

I have an idea for an rpg about time travel, ghosts, and supernatural powers. I know these topics sound too wide for a single rpg, but the idea is basically that, in the beginning everyone starts out as a regular person on Planet Earth from any era, dies in any way they want, and is reincarnated into a Mid World in the center of the entire universe. In this Mid World, the player meets a group of sages, all experts from a number of segments they have divided up the universe into, and they assign a "time-place" of rebirth for them. In this Mid World they have to go through some challenges with other players to fight for their place when reincarnated into the segment (example: whether you will be born a peasant or a king, CEO destined or labourer). I still have little to no idea what the challenges could be, but they are not limited to mortality or magical prowess. The lessons of the challenges would have to be about insight into the depth with which the player wishes to obtain the position they should wish to be reborn into. The ending would ultimately be that each character is reborn into any era, world, fantastical existence they wish to find rebirth. The characters would have to be set from the beginning, and upon beginning, anybody else who should wish to join would have to be considered a singularity in the game. Say, an unfortunate death and, by permission of the sages, they can only be aids to the primarily set characters. I need someone who is willing to undergo absolute structuring of the plot, detailing of the sages, the Mid World, architectural and symbolical physics of each segment of the universe, and any other ideas that could be included here. Would anyone be interested in such an extensive plot?

EDIT: The whole idea of contribution from each character is that they will create their own premises of what an ideal world would befit their rebirth, and if they have friends who also want to be reborn into that world, they will find themselves in a challenge with each other for the same position, or aiding each other if they choose different roles of existence. I'm beginning to imagine that each segment of the universe will be divided into magical and non magical, and with variations of both for the other segments. All characters would meet in the Mid World and would be put through challenges where they would have to use magic if they want to be reborn as CEOs or laborers, or go through heavy trials of mathematical enlightenments if they want to be reborn as dragons or wizards. Or if they wanted to be reborn as genial hackers in a excessively technological world, they would have to go through difficult trials of empathy and analytic speed. There would also be a segment for a world in which there is both magic and intense amounts of technology, and a world similar to our actual modern time but with excessive availability of magical prowess.

EDIT 2: So basically the main characters would get to create their version of how the kind of world they want to be reborn into would look like. How it should function to the confines of "magical" , "technological", "modern", or a combination of these.
    Last edited by Neptuneon; 01-10-2014 at 03:09 PM. Reason: further update
    Wonderous

The Poet Sword Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Neptuneon View Post
    I have an idea for an rpg about time travel, ghosts, and supernatural powers. I know these topics sound too wide for a single rpg, but the idea is basically that, in the beginning everyone starts out as a regular person on Planet Earth from any era, dies in any way they want, and is reincarnated into a Mid World in the center of the entire universe. In this Mid World, the player meets a group of sages, all experts from a number of segments they have divided up the universe into, and they assign a "time-place" of rebirth for them. In this Mid World they have to go through some challenges with other players to fight for their place when reincarnated into the segment (example: whether you will be born a peasant or a king, CEO destined or labourer). I still have little to no idea what the challenges could be, but they are not limited to mortality or magical prowess. The lessons of the challenges would have to be about insight into the depth with which the player wishes to obtain the position they should wish to be reborn into. The ending would ultimately be that each character is reborn into any era, world, fantastical existence they wish to find rebirth. The characters would have to be set from the beginning, and upon beginning, anybody else who should wish to join would have to be considered a singularity in the game. Say, an unfortunate death and, by permission of the sages, they can only be aids to the primarily set characters. I need someone who is willing to undergo absolute structuring of the plot, detailing of the sages, the Mid World, architectural and symbolical physics of each segment of the universe, and any other ideas that could be included here. Would anyone be interested in such an extensive plot?

EDIT: The whole idea of contribution from each character is that they will create their own premises of what an ideal world would befit their rebirth, and if they have friends who also want to be reborn into that world, they will find themselves in a challenge with each other for the same position, or aiding each other if they choose different roles of existence. I'm beginning to imagine that each segment of the universe will be divided into magical and non magical, and with variations of both for the other segments. All characters would meet in the Mid World and would be put through challenges where they would have to use magic if they want to be reborn as CEOs or laborers, or go through heavy trials of mathematical enlightenments if they want to be reborn as dragons or wizards. Or if they wanted to be reborn as genial hackers in a excessively technological world, they would have to go through difficult trials of empathy and analytic speed. There would also be a segment for a world in which there is both magic and intense amounts of technology, and a world similar to our actual modern time but with excessive availability of magical prowess.

EDIT 2: So basically the main characters would get to create their version of how the kind of world they want to be reborn into would look like. How it should function to the confines of "magical" , "technological", "modern", or a combination of these.
    Out of curiosity, this game's primary setting is the mid-world, and it would be there that the breadth of the RP would take place? I'm guessing the world creation would be the end result of each character's personal story.

Senior Member Neptuneon has a reputation beyond repute Neptuneon has a reputation beyond repute Neptuneon has a reputation beyond repute Neptuneon has a reputation beyond repute Neptuneon has a reputation beyond repute Neptuneon has a reputation beyond repute Neptuneon has a reputation beyond repute Neptuneon has a reputation beyond repute Neptuneon has a reputation beyond repute Neptuneon has a reputation beyond repute Neptuneon has a reputation beyond repute Neptuneon's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Woot
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    in my house in a city in a state in a country in a world in a galaxy in an universe
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsanosuke View Post
    Out of curiosity, this game's primary setting is the mid-world, and it would be there that the breadth of the RP would take place? I'm guessing the world creation would be the end result of each character's personal story.
    The midworld would be a series of mirrored worlds, that when the characters choose to participate, they'd describe the world they are trying to be reborn into, and we would all pool the ideas and all the characters would go through the trials in the described worlds the other characters would describe. I gave the sub-topics, being: magical, modern, technological, and combinations of these. So the worlds are kind of clear for modern, it's just the magical and technological, and the combined worlds that would need more description I have many ideas for these but I think, since the characters are going to idealize their rebirth, should have a say as to how the worlds should function. And only until enough players decide to join can we begin to describe the sectors in which the universe is divided, who the sages will be, and decide what they're about. Again, I have ideas for these, but I think the players should decide exactly what kind of magical powers the sages will possess. Their absolute power being implied in the fact that they are the overseers of each sector. I'm guessing about 5-8 divisions, with a minimum of 4 if not many people decide to join.
    Last edited by Neptuneon; 01-11-2014 at 01:05 PM.
    Wonderous

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I would be interested in that, except for the problem that we would still all be humans and stuff even when in the 'mid-world' and aspiring to achieve what we want to become o3o.

I'm not sure how it would work, anyway. It sounds like there might not be much interaction between individuals' characters or they'd quickly become disconnected due to having their own separate plans and worlds to go to.

Is just my opinion though; I'm not trying to bash the idea. I can't even come up with any! lol.

Gil
    My Mood
    Woot
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Ranshiin View Post
    I would be interested in that, except for the problem that we would still all be humans and stuff even when in the 'mid-world' and aspiring to achieve what we want to become o3o.

I'm not sure how it would work, anyway. It sounds like there might not be much interaction between individuals' characters or they'd quickly become disconnected due to having their own separate plans and worlds to go to.

Is just my opinion though; I'm not trying to bash the idea. I can't even come up with any! lol.
    edit2: thank you for replying by the way, I was beginning to feel disheartened that no one cared about trying something challenging and as open ended as this.
    also, when you're in the midworld and put into the beta-challenge-world, each challenge you complete grants you a power-up of getting closer to becoming the person you wish to be reborn as. again, this is why I'd like to find someone who is interested in structuring this with me, if not already all the players who want to play and have decisions as to the "position" they want to be reborn as. Essentially, the happy ending will be that each player will, hopefully, be reborn exactly as they wished to be reborn when they imagined it in their deaths. And players who quit out of frustration will be given by a Sage a rebirth they would not have liked. Lol.

Original reply: Most of the events would be occurring in the mid world, where, say, you're an expert in magical anime, you'd be challenged in the modern/technological, vice versa. That's why the only trouble getting this through would be in getting enough people to pool in their ideas. so instead of "me" being the creator of the entire run of the show, each character would have a say as to what worlds they want to be reborn into, and "demos" of each world would be challenges to each character. So in the midworld, all sages would meet with you and tell you what world you will be tested in, in order to be granted rebirth in the world of your choice. So if you're an expert in technological fantasy, you will get tested in the magical fantasy. If more than one person chooses to be reborn into the same world, and, for example, both wish to be reborn as kings of a world similar to 14th century Europe, they would be put in a challenge against each other. This is still all very open to ideas, so if you went as far as reading this long idea then maybe we should get the structuring going we just need to set how many sages and sectors the universe will be divided into, and how many people will wish to compete. their death in present day earth, and rebirth into the world of their choice, will all be detailed by them as eloquently as they please. So, I'm very enthusiastic about getting this going, and will try to write out a structure to send to LadyP , so we can start at least the modern day beginnings.

edit 1: basically, each character will be a storyteller of their epoch while still alive on earth, and the meetings will happen during the midworld, where when you meet the sages, we should by then have a set of ideas from one character about a certain world the other character will be tested into. So, I'm guessing the basic structure of postings between people during the midworld introduction, will be similar to a character explaining the world he/she wishes to be born into, and the types of challenges their chosen position demands, and these will be tested unto another character. The fun in this is that if, for example, you're a fan of Sailor Moon, where their world is mostly magical/modern, would have to be tested into a world similar to that of "The Matrix", where their world is mostly time-irrelevant and sequential only by the character's goal (protect oracle from the business types). I'm not saying that the worlds should be exactly as a ready-made theme, because the fun in that would diminish quickly. that's why the death on earth will be important, because before dying, the character should imagine a world to be reborn into to their liking. This, the sages would already know, because the character would describe their deaths in their "death" post, and when you finally cross into the midworld, they will ask you where you want to go as if they know nothing, but will already know because they would want to know that your desire is pure and absolute. So if you wanted to be reborn as someone similar to Sailor Moon, your test would be whether you can live in a modern world as a peasant/CEO, or as a robot/master hacker in a technological world. Again, each world would be left to the discretion of the "reborn". I will begin searching ideas for how insightful and "moral" the challenges will be. I'm beginning to wonder if this whole set-up might sound too complicated, but if the players understand this, they will understand that, essentially, they are creating the worlds themselves and sharing their challenges/triumphs as a challenge to another. That way I don't become frustrated with a lack of structuring, and everyone will be as free as they choose.

edit3: the earlier on in these posts that you decide to join, you have preference to be a sage. the sages will be overseeing the challenges by consulting with the players who are well-read in each world he/she dominates.

Edit 4: this is a basic idea of the structure, but let me know if anyone thinks this is too big to pull through
    Edit 4:

I'm going to put up a rough draft of the kind of structure that the game should cover, being that this rpg is about the universe.

The universe is a massively unexplored "thing" or "place", so all ideas can be made possible. The only question is how many sages will we have, and how many players will want to join. (I'm thinking a limit of 5-8 sages, and no less than 5-8 players, no more than 15)

The basic idea of how the story might go can be put into a list:

1. The player chooses any era, world, existence, he or she wants (even something as insignificant as a bug or bacteria, or virus, or whatever you want to limit yourself to) You introduce your position, your life as it is going, how you approximate death.

2. Manner of death . When you die, your body dies, but your brain continues alive where it is dreaming up the kind of world you would want to be reborn into. The sages can oversee in this stage, but can't do much because the player is creating his modern existence, and dying hopes for rebirth. to keep better track of the story I'm thinking there should be a limit of 5-8 sages, and no more than 15 players, no less than 8 players.

3. By now we have a collection of dreams and players, and sages. Everyone gets to meet each other as "spirits" in the Midworld, and will be asked how they should wish to be reborn.

4.The sages, already knowing, will be given the challenge of testing each player to his wits ends, trying to prove through the challenges that the player really wants to be reborn into their sector of dominance. So I'm guessing that the sages should be players who know enough about all possible aspects of fantasy or reality, to be overseers. They can consult each other if they need help with ideas, and should never deny help to each other. this will only slow down the game. The players, also already knowing the variability of dreamed-up-worlds, can study the "dreams" should they be put into a challenge similar to the dreams.

5. The sages consult how their players will be tested, and the players hang out as spirits in the mid world while they discuss. They have the option of flying through space and just hanging around in any random event or place in time, with no affect to themselves or others, because they are merely powerless spirits.

6. When the sages have agreed to the challenges through discussions via private pms, or by finding a common chatroom, they recall all the spirts and explain in which world they will be tested, and how they will be tested, and what sorts of powers they will begin with.

7. This is the entertaining part, where the sages will oversee each challenge they put on the player, and how the player reacts to them. this can vary from anything like manners at the dinner table, to how many fairies you can catch inside a volcano with only a few items to help you.

8. When the sage gets tired of testing his player, and the player gets tired of being challenged, the sage will discuss with the other sages if his player can be reborn into their chosen world or not. Again, irl, you can talk to your player via pm for all I care, if you want to come to an agreement of when the challenge should stop.

9. This is when the player and sages give in full detail their opinions of why the player got their wish or not, and full detailing of the player's reaction to their grant or "disgrant". The sage can choose your rebirth to be as amazing as you wanted it, or more, or he/she can choose to doom your next life, if you did badly on the challenges.

10. We can only hope we get this far, but this is where the players explain their new life, their new powers, and their new choices and outcomes. The sages are still overseeing, and the players have a spiritual connection with the sage, through being able to communicate with them through any power that befits their new-given world.

Edit 5: I would greatly appreciate any more doubts that you might have, seeing that the doubts present the discrepancies in the game and reveal better possibilities

Edit 6: I'M THRILLED TO GET THIS STARTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit 7: here's an idea of how the universe can work with itself:
    Last edited by Neptuneon; 01-11-2014 at 07:28 PM.
    Wonderous

Gil
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ranshiin
    ... I'm not sure how it would work, anyway. It sounds like there might not be much interaction between individuals' characters or they'd quickly become disconnected due to having their own separate plans and worlds to go to...
    This is one of my big concerns, which was noted on in Neptuneon's other post.

Quote Originally Posted by Neptuneon View Post
    All the previously posted information.
    It's not my intention to talk down the vastness of the idea, and given a proper medium could be very powerful in it's own way. I applaud your efforts, however I can not pin-point where I could find my own enjoyment from it in this format. I feel as though every player will almost become a writer of a separate volume of a novel's universe.

As of this time however I'm not feeling it. I do wish you the best for your idea however.
    Last edited by Tetsanosuke; 01-11-2014 at 07:50 PM.

Gil
    My Mood
    Woot
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

It's not my intention to talk down the vastness of the idea, and given a proper medium could be very powerful in it's own way. I applaud your efforts, however I can not pin-point where I could find my own enjoyment from it in this format. I feel as though every player will almost become a writer of a separate volume of a novel's universe.

As of this time however I'm not feeling it. I do wish you the best for your idea however.
    I figured this much, but I was hoping that, given my friend's list is empty, people who do have friends would enjoy this in the sense of being challenged together or separately. I guess the mind state of this would be a willingness to explore multidimensional imagery, and crossover worlds.

edit: The structure seems vast, but the intention is overlaid upon the idea of the different challenges that could occur when all the different worlds converge. I know it seems chaotic but the results would be rather impressive if the players understood the extents and limitations of the powers they would possess.

edit 2: Also, this is why the game would have sages, because they would be overseers of each world, creating the limitations to just how much the player has to think about how detailed their world would be. And the connection would be in the fact that each player is being challenged in a world another player created. I figured all of us have general knowledge of fantasy, and it wouldn't be so hard to conceive how another player would play in a world they created.
    Last edited by Neptuneon; 01-11-2014 at 08:04 PM.
    Wonderous

Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Hurm. I guess in "groups" you can only make mini posts as you create "discussions" not "threads". Not sure why they did that.

I suppose I could start assembling things for the game for comment in this thread,, or I guess just try to finally edit everything together offline and throw it up as normal.

@Ωmega I don't know what mod tools they have here, do you have the ability to clip posts out of one thread to make a new thread?

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

@Ωmega I don't know what mod tools they have here, do you have the ability to clip posts out of one thread to make a new thread?
    Jes I can, though Ive never tried it, but the option is there

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Hurm. I guess in "groups" you can only make mini posts as you create "discussions" not "threads". Not sure why they did that.

I suppose I could start assembling things for the game for comment in this thread,, or I guess just try to finally edit everything together offline and throw it up as normal.

You mean for the Seven Towers game you suggested? I remember you saying you'd poke me if you set that one up.

Junior Member WNHK is on a distinguished road WNHK's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-23-2014 05:22 AM
    Lakenheath, UK (from the US have been stationed in Okinawa, Japan)
    Threads

I agree, as much as I like the concept... I would want to participate with other people immediately, the idea sounds lonely.

17. Thanks Tetsanosuke thanked for this post
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Alright, I keep fiddling with things but I think I need to get the ball rolling, or at least let you guys make some coments and start thinking about what you might want to do. What appears below is what I'm thinking of having for the start of the sign in thread. I'll add some more notes and the more detailed culture info when I get the chance.

--------------

Before diving into everything I’d like to make a few comments.

First I’ve had a lot of good experience here on anime forum with people where were new to RPing or who might not do so well getting through everything below and creating a character. So feel free to just shoot me a PM in you’re interested and I’ll help you out with making a character and how play by post forum games work. Feel free to shoot me a PM if your more experienced and just hit a snag of some kind.

Also this game is structure so that players can engage in some worldbuilding of their own. Your character could easily be the only player character from your particular city state, so you have a lot of latitude in describing that and your particular part of your cultures tower at the school. Also I think a number of people around here want to try out GMing but don’t necessarily want to run their own game for a long time. I’d like to support people in being able to be co-GMs for a group of players for a period of time, during which I’d still be around to support everyone. So maybe just keep that in your head as you read through everything and shoot me a PM if interested in that.

History:
    The setting is a world very similar to ours except for the existence of magic. Society had developed into nations and ethnicities similar to ours. Technologically they had only advanced to knowledge of steam engines, but the addition of magic provided an impressive quality of life in many ways similar to what we have today, they didn’t have anything that quite matched the internet, but they were ahead in other ways like flying castles, being able to regenerate, and having a magical talking cat as a pet. However alongside those improvements to everyday life, more and more nations developed Magics of Mass Destruction (MMDs). Initially the concept of mutually assured destruction kept their use in check. But once too many nations had them that concept became meaningless because for certain types of attack it would be virtually impossible to determine which nation had used the MMD.

It isn’t known to this day who was doing what in the opening volleys of their third world war. What is known is that eventually every nation was using everything they had against all of their enemies in hopes of minimizing the damage they would take.

The result was worldwide devastation, the land rendered inhospitable in many ways by the different MMDs; such as volcanoes, poisons, and ravening hordes of bioconstructs, war golems, and undead. In time the concept of a “nation” essentially vanished from the thinking of the small bands of survivors scattered around the world in the few locations capable of sustaining life. These days relatively few people even know what the names of the old nations and ethnicities were.

As time passed, the survivors started building themselves out of their desperate situations. When they started communicating with each other what arose instead of new nations were cultures. Instead of having geographical boarders, these city states and bands of people were scattered and intermixed across the globe, linked by shared ways of doing things or using magic.

As they spread, the groups begin competing over the habitable parts of the world. Existing in tension and physical proximity but with relatively little cross cultural contact or understanding an unfortunate incident spread like wildfire and there was again world wide war. Lacking MMDs this war was nowhere near as devastating as the previous one. However it has only increased animosity between the cultures, and while there has been peace for twenty years as everyone rebuilds many fear another even worse war in the near future.

Against this backdrop some seeking peace have created a College intended to bring together youth from the seven largest cultures in the world, in the hopes that such contact between those who wouldn’t remember that last war might result in understanding and a better future. But does such an idea even have a chance for success or is it just an expensive way to cause more strife in a world where the cultures have not mixed well? Few in positions of influence really think the School of Seven Towers will do anything but perhaps hasten war, and continue preparing for battle. However many have signed up for the school and students and “faculty” are pouring in as the school hurries to be ready to start for the first time.

The Cultures:
    Note that people from the different cultures generally don’t know a great deal about each other. So don’t feel you’re required to read up on all of them. You could just look into the one you’re interested in playing.

I think what I might like to have here are brief descriptions of the different cultures, with links to other posts where I describe them in more detail. I think that might make things easier to go through. What do you think? @Ωmega Let me just put those descriptions here.

Bushido culture – This warrior culture with their emphasis on loyalty, mastery of martial arts, and honor to the death is the primary reason there are only seven main cultures as they managed to conquer other emerging cultures. They are not hypocritical in this and at least outwardly do not "mind" if someone else were to attack them. In the event they go to war with each other it is often quite formalized and polite, with combatants stopping to help their mortally wounded opponent complete their death poem before assisting them in Seppuku.

Therian culture – As part of their radical back-to-nature philosophy these survivors began using group rituals to transform their human bodies into something...different. Though in modern times there is great variety in forms such that you do find Centaurs, Chackats, Gargoyles, dryads, and forms designed for aquatic life, the vast majority appear as a basically human form with animal inspired traits such as ears, a tail, altered feet, animal appropriate eyes, whole body fur covering, and some alterations of facial structure.

The emphasis of their culture is on healing the land and having large families. As a result in modern times they are, by far, the largest culture in terms of numbers and claimed territory despite their heavy losses in the fourth world war.

Magitek culture – There is a certain excitement to invention and potentially great power to be gained from it. Technologically they only have a sometimes shaky understanding of physics, chemistry, clockworks, and steam engines, but by “cheating” with magic they are able to create an incredible variety of inventions from semi-robot golems, to freeze rays, to rocket boots, to airships (and they sometimes even work right!). Sometimes reclusive and sometimes building up armies of minions they tend to build up huge cities full of innovations.

Celestial culture- These people have discovered how to magically commune with each other and...something. And that something wants them to be moral. Other cultures suspect they've created their own self-sustaining delusion though a sort of telepathic connection. In any case balancing what seems right with the realities of the world is complex. Together they create massive stone Gothic style cities, ships, and so on, and massive machinery worked by huge numbers of acolytes doing the cleansing work of manning the capstans and winches. Their special capabilities are potent but, except for healing, rather unreliable and unpredictable, as are the effects of praying.

Wanderlust culture- Wanderers travel about in bands, seeking to enjoy their art, music, plays, and passionate love for romance and wine among the different cities and each other. They do not believe in personal possessions aside from it being rude to take something away from someone using it that very moment. So while they'll gladly work for whatever gets thrown in their hat, they are well known for parting the wealthy from their money and possessions, though in doing so they really do tend to share it with those who are poorer in those cities. All of this makes them wildly popular with the lower classes but regarded as vermin by those in power, unless those doing better really enjoy their shows. They continue to exist primarily through youngsters joining their bands, as having their own children really crimps their style.

Netherkin culture- At some point something happened to these individuals. It could be extremely traumatic, or as simple as a playground taunt. Either way, it really got under their skin, and it led them down this obsessive path. Netherkin develop the ability to shadow walk. A highly unreliable form of movement that draws them to other individuals suffering inside, this is a large part of how this culture spreads. Eventually their appearance starts to change(Emo, goth, vampire, "corpse paint" type metal rockers, necromancers, liches, ghosts). While initially they are often despondent, many eventually come to enjoy (or perhaps rather they just torment themselves by) creating art, poetry, and putting on concerts. In their half dead state they are able to draw on the assistance of spirits, and so often have servants of sorts, and the artistic ones may have groupies, they also seem to "live" for a very long time. Some seem to lose their grip on reality, vanishing entirely or becoming a servant for a different Netherkin. Those that stay attached to reality often have to cause physical or emotional pain to themselves or others to stay connected. Netherkin are often not welcome among those in power in larger cities.

Pactmaker culture- Pactmakers are able to create all manner of pacts between other humans and, other things. A key point is that most of them consider themselves highly moral, moreso than the other cultures, and are happy to expound upon that. At no point will they tolerate the insult of being labeled the "bad guys" despite a reputation as such. (Players may have to read some Objectivist and Libertarian writings and maybe some other philosophy to get how this works.) Often there will be masters, apprentices, and then large numbers of skilled laborers, serf, and "indentured servants" in their employ. They are often distrusted, but they have much to offer in many ways and they cannot simply lie or cheat in business ... if one is careful with the contracts. Their services are actually quite in demand and their airships, flotillas, and caravans continually travel the trade routes loaded with goods, and factories on the edges of other cities and in hidden caverns and outposts produced much valued goods. Though they can also assist with more personal matters.

Character Creation:
    Characters should generally be college aged students from one of the main seven cultures. Other options are allowed though, especially for second characters, just shoot me a PM or post in the sign in thread with your concept.

There is a great variety in the quality of students coming to this college, however players are allowed to be among the most exceptionally gifted, having 60 character points to allocate and 40 left in reserve as potential (to be allocated later as your character learns). Characters may not realize they are so exceptional at the start of play. As such you do not have to allocate all of your starting points in order to begin play and can leave more as “potential.”

Points are allocated between Skills (which are non-magical), powers (magical abilities your character can perform at will or that are continually active), Magic Disciplines (versatile magical abilities that allow casting spells if your character has the time for it), and artifacts/companions (items or magical creatures/spirits/etc that are bonded to you and allocated powers of their own. Points spent on these count double…but there is always the possibility these could be taken from you).

Each of the different cultures has a different “package” that your character can take. These represent things that your culture values and is particularly good at teaching, and so not only is it appropriate for your character to take the package, but you get 40 points of stuff for only 20 character points. That said you don’t have to take the package if you don’t want to.

EDIT: Further, as one of the concepts of the game is to let players try their hand at world creation, let me know how interested you would be in engaging in some of that. Essentially this would be working out between the two of us some "space" where you're essentially the co-GM.

Name:
    Hobbies/Interests: (Indicate one or two things besides “practical” abilities that your character has spent some time doing (various types of art, sports, gardening, etc) or is very curious about/interested in (magical pets of the world, being a fan of a certain type of music, different kinds of foods, etc)

Personality:

Point Allotment (Skills, Powers, Magic Disciplines, etc) :
    Bio:

Note that part of the concept of this game is allowing a players some flexibility and some world creating fun. As such while you character may be part of one of the main cultures, those cultures are scattered across hundreds of sites and groups that do things quite differently. Your character may be the only one at the school from a given group and as such you are granted flexibility in describing what that group is like. Because that may require a lot of thought, you are allowed to start with a very short bio. Over time I hope you’ll develop the group(s) your character grew up with and greatly expand their bio. Just let me know when you make changes.

Sample Character:
    Name: Maria Hernandez
    Culture: Bushido Culture
    Appearance: She always wears her black hair in a tight bun, and has just a bit of makeup on her face. Her build is slight but well-toned and she stands five foot eight inches tall. Usually she wears light bamboo armor, and she always has her sword. Careful to ensure everything is tight and properly secured.
    Hobbies/Interests: floral arrangement, people watching

Personality: She is very inward focused and is entirely unused to dealing with strangers outside of ritualized ceremonies. Being very distrustful, she would prefer to say no more than three words to anyone…but she may need help in completing her mission.

Point Allotment (Skills, Powers, Magic Disciplines, etc):

Bushido Culture Package (20 points)
    [Skill (Kendo 10), Power(Unstoppable Cut 10), Power (Skyleap 10), Artifact (Enchanted Katana 10)]

Power (True Thought, counters abilities related to mind control and illusions, 20)
    Power(Tracking, by meditating on a person or touching something they have recently been in contact with such as a footprint this power reveals their rough location if they are close by, 10)
    Skill (Raise Kendo skill from 10 to 20, 10 points)

Potential (40 points in reserve)

Bio: Maria’s life was in many ways defined by her older brother bringing disgrace on the family by joining a band of Wanderers. Suddenly becoming their only child her parents became much focused on her. Between the looks she’d get from the other Bushi as a result of her brothers actions and her parents becoming overprotective she has lived a very isolated life, but her talents are impressive and recognized. She had returned some of her families honor by completing the rites of passage to become a full Bushi adult and earning her katana. Now she intends to gain the rest of it back by finding her brother and the Wanderers that seduced him. Knowing nothing about the Wanderlust culture other than their being horrible people who tempt away impressionable youth and having no leads whatsoever the School of Seven Towers presented the only path to success she could think of, and she has been developing a talent for finding those that wish to hide in hopes her brother one of those that took him might be there.
    Last edited by sunnyside; 04-18-2014 at 04:08 PM.

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Congrats! Glad to see it finally getting somewhere. There's a sign-up thread?

I'm asking because obviously given I want to play a fairly specific character I'd want to be able to talk to you in order to figure out the specifics, as well as how I should probably allocate the skill points since he would in theory have a number of abilities I could have him use..

I'm guessing he would be a Therian, though? The problem is that he doesn't particularly fit their 'traits' except for his appearance. Hm...

The Lemon Sorceress Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon's Avatar
    Gil
    Starving
    Gifts Kill Bill Katana Hattori Hanzo Steel
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-12-2014 12:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: overlorddarthfluffles

Question actually about this, if I have two characters could one of them be an instructor?

A second question to go off that, if I could make an instructor COULD they potentially be a Lich? :O

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Congrats! Glad to see it finally getting somewhere. There's a sign-up thread?
    Not yet. But maybe before too long. I'd actually done a great deal with this. It's as much a matter of what to subtract as what to add. And thinking of how to structure things to be clear and get sign ups. Also considering the balance between the interesting interactions and such that I envision and what will actually "work" here on AF.

I'm asking because obviously given I want to play a fairly specific character I'd want to be able to talk to you in order to figure out the specifics, as well as how I should probably allocate the skill points since he would in theory have a number of abilities I could have him use..

I'm guessing he would be a Therian, though? The problem is that he doesn't particularly fit their 'traits' except for his appearance. Hm...
    Well part of the idea is that while the cultures provide a backdrop for things individual players get to define their particular tribe/city/band, and/or to be somewhat different or actively rebellious from where they grew up. How does he deviate?

FYI the "package" for Therians is Biomagic 20 and 20 points of biomorphs of the players choice (which work like powers, except with physical representations, like having wings instead of just flying superman style which inherantly has some pros and cons like it being harder to fly in a tight space, but being able to hit something with a wing) after that you might add more biomorphs, skills, or whatever. Again, packages are optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Lemon View Post
    Question actually about this, if I have two characters could one of them be an instructor?
    Yes. They would generally have fewer points than a student player, but would be able to specialize in something and raise it beyond the student limit of 20.

A second question to go off that, if I could make an instructor COULD they potentially be a Lich? :O
    I'd try to put that under "Netherkin".

Part of the idea of having seven cultures is that, hopefully, most characters someone might come up with will "fit" somewhere to varying degrees.

The Lemon Sorceress Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon's Avatar
    Gil
    Starving
    Gifts Kill Bill Katana Hattori Hanzo Steel
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-12-2014 12:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: overlorddarthfluffles

Ah yeah, I saw Lich under Netherkin examples and got excited. It's been a while since I've played a Lich and I REALLY love Liches

Otherwise, I'm gunna start plotting out some character ideas

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Not yet. But maybe before too long. I'd actually done a great deal with this. It's as much a matter of what to subtract as what to add. And thinking of how to structure things to be clear and get sign ups. Also considering the balance between the interesting interactions and such that I envision and what will actually "work" here on AF.

Well part of the idea is that while the cultures provide a backdrop for things individual players get to define their particular tribe/city/band, and/or to be somewhat different or actively rebellious from where they grew up. How does he deviate?

FYI the "package" for Therians is Biomagic 20 and 20 points of biomorphs of the players choice (which work like powers, except with physical representations, like having wings instead of just flying superman style which inherantly has some pros and cons like it being harder to fly in a tight space, but being able to hit something with a wing) after that you might add more biomorphs, skills, or whatever. Again, packages are optional.
    That's cool, take your time.

As for my intended character ... well, as is known he's a dragon, but due to how you explained the individual cultures the only one that presently really fits is Therian.

I don't mind talking about this in public but you can PM me to discuss it if it's easier; however for the sake of comparison I'll give the basics on him in terms of his personality and powers as is "canon" in the story/world he's from. You can probably help explain what works and what doesn't, and some things could be changed.

Personality-wise: Generally very indifferent and somewhat cynical. He can come across as a bit rude or cold since he's usually only concerned about himself, and though he doesn't particularly shy away he tends to be a bit of a loner due to his attitude. His personality/character has its reasons for this as from a young age he was mistreated and left to fend for himself and he's more-or-less reluctant to rely on others for help, but he can learn to respect others and he's usually very reluctant on letting go of that respect once he has it.

Abilities-wise: A type of dragon in my story/world. He has effective immunity to being burned/injured by fire (but is in turn sensitive to cold, and any frost/ice magic). He has more physical strength than a human, and has wings with which he can fly. He has good control over some branches of magic and is able to breathe fire, as well as to use fire and wind-element magic in offensive and defensive manners. He can also use what is known as 'dragon' magic, but is essentially magic that manipulates his energy in his raw form rather than using it to 'create' other elemental magic - it tends to be of an explosive nature. He's skilled with martial arts and swordplay to back-up his magic and to take advantage of his natural strength.

Other traits that I can note but are probably irrelevant to the RP are that he's cursed, spiritually, and can use 'dark/shadow' magic as a result, and is technically classed as a 'dark' (evil) being despite technically being of neutral alliance.

In terms of the RP, as is obvious the only culture I can really class him as is as a Therian, but personality-wise he's much different to their 'norm' and could be seen as a rebel. Also it's not like he necessarily doesn't respect the world enough to help it like the others do, but more that he simply doesn't see the point.

His appearance I don't really want to change too much, but it's the personality and the abilities that are snagging me. Maybe he got sent to the school due to his attitude? Or maybe he signed up himself to try and meet people that he thinks aren't 'grass-hugging hippies'? Who knows.

I think the main problem will be narrowing down his abilities; increased natural strength, elemental resistances, magical skill, and martial arts/swordplay. He probably can't have all of them due to the skill-points system (and again, maybe his desire to learn one of these could be why he enrolled?) I'd like your opinion on it, really. Well, anyone's opinion.

... Also what's the correct age for the schools? 18-21?

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

In terms of the RP, as is obvious the only culture I can really class him as is as a Therian, but personality-wise he's much different to their 'norm' and could be seen as a rebel. Also it's not like he necessarily doesn't respect the world enough to help it like the others do, but more that he simply doesn't see the point.

Maybe he got sent to the school due to his attitude? Or maybe he signed up himself to try and meet people that he thinks aren't 'grass-hugging hippies'? Who knows.
    Maybe should be even more explicit when I make a sing in thread that a lot of students have chosen to come because they don't fit in or are tired of where they grew up. Based on previous games people on here a lot of people are going to want to make rebels or misanthropes.

Abilities-wise: A type of dragon in my story/world. He has effective immunity to being burned/injured by fire (but is in turn sensitive to cold, and any frost/ice magic). He has more physical strength than a human, and has wings with which he can fly. He has good control over some branches of magic and is able to breathe fire, as well as to use fire and wind-element magic in offensive and defensive manners. He can also use what is known as 'dragon' magic, but is essentially magic that manipulates his energy in his raw form rather than using it to 'create' other elemental magic - it tends to be of an explosive nature. He's skilled with martial arts and swordplay to back-up his magic and to take advantage of his natural strength.

Other traits that I can note but are probably irrelevant to the RP are that he's cursed, spiritually, and can use 'dark/shadow' magic as a result, and is technically classed as a 'dark' (evil) being despite technically being of neutral alliance.

I think the main problem will be narrowing down his abilities; increased natural strength, elemental resistances, magical skill, and martial arts/swordplay. He probably can't have all of them due to the skill-points system (and again, maybe his desire to learn one of these could be why he enrolled?) I'd like your opinion on it, really. Well, anyone's opinion.
    Yeah, that's quite a spread.

Biomagic sounds potentially something like your "dragon magic". So the package might be fine.

Then take flight, enhanced strength, fire breathing, and armor (with fire strength/cold weakness) as biomorphs. Put whatever is left into a skill or two.

Maybe (Therian package biomagic 20 +20 points of biomorphs fire breathing 10, armor 10)

Biomorph (flight) 15 -as a biomorph this gives wings
    Biomorph enhanced strength (10) -as a biomorph this would make him a bit larger, but give some resiliance for that.
    Skill Martial arts 10
    Skill Swordplay 5

Then leave the fire, wind, shadow, dark, etc magic stuff for things to potentially develop. Interest in them might explain why you character might interact with someone else.

... Also what's the correct age for the schools? 18-21?
    Yeah, a little older might be OK as well.

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Yeah, that would make sense that he would learn his magic at the school instead of already knowing it.

'Course, I don't fully understand the stats system (and I'm a little tired) so if you want you could help by just defining his stats given what I've said. I don't want to get confused about it, is all. Other stuff, such as his bio, I can work out. I just don't want him to be 'overpowered' or wrong or anything.

What you said seems pretty solid though, I guess.

Gil
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

What I'd like to see is how the point system applies to the game. Or should they be more like a representation of potency in those areas? I have a couple character ideas budding at the moment.

I remember you discussing a similar idea with me many months back, I'm glad to see you are well on your way in developing them.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

'Course, I don't fully understand the stats system (and I'm a little tired) so if you want you could help by just defining his stats given what I've said. I don't want to get confused about it, is all. Other stuff, such as his bio, I can work out. I just don't want him to be 'overpowered' or wrong or anything.
    What I'd like to see is how the point system applies to the game. Or should they be more like a representation of potency in those areas? I have a couple character ideas budding at the moment.
    The skill points don't exactly represent stats in the sense of strength, agility, intelligence, wisdom, etc. I suppose I don't include that concept at all, barring someone taking a power, biomorph, skill or somesuch that boost something to exceptional levels. Play your character as smart, wise, and charismatic as you want to or can.

There is a system for the interaction of powers that can be resolved with dice...but my intention is not to share it. I mean you guys don't want me to make you read a 400 page rulebook like a proper tabletop RPG would have, and even if I made one it'd probably be breakable prior to expensive playtesting and tweaking.

What I intend to give is the idea that ~5 points is a novice but effective level in a supernatural ability (i.e. you can hover around if a flight power), 10 points represents an effective power with some drawbacks or limits (you can fly all over just not that quickly, or you're fast but have a hard time with control), at 20 points (the max for starting characters) you're solid in that ability (fast, controlled, and with endurance etc).

If you're competing with someone or NPCs you have the option to deal with things cinematically (no dice rolls, just RPing), but you can ask for dice roles when and if you'd like (for example two players both really want to win a race/fight/etc), a third option is Karma. I really liked Karma from Nightmarchers. This is where you can make requests of me or other players to exceed what you might otherwise be able to do (often applied after a post that over reached, allowing the game to keep rolling without disruption or players feeling something was unfair). In Nightmarchers this was rather explicit, with characters starting with a certain amount of karma and myself giving them costs for certain things. Here I think I'll make it more obfusicated to simplify play and make spending and gaining it more fluid. You might gain karma when you let other players get one over on you, when you humor your GM in various ways, or if it gets low and I need something to happen to somebody for the story....

Again I'm hoping those choices will improve practical game playability. What do you think?

28. Thanks Tetsanosuke thanked for this post
+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information