AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Over edited cartoons

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2024 06:40 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Over edited cartoons

As I watch the shows on the CW, Cartoon Network, etc, is it just me or do they over edit a lot of cartoons?

And what can we do about it?

For example, i dont' remember this scene...

Last edited by Clayton_n; 10-12-2013 at 04:57 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

Default Re: Over edited cartoons

....what do you mean 'over edit'?

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Like Dragonball Z Kai... or if you want to go American the current showing of Justice League on Vortex.

Even if you haven't seen what they're showing now, you've seen Justice League Unlimited I assume. Can you think of a valid reason to eliminate ANYTHING from that show?
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    Like Dragonball Z Kai... or if you want to go American the current showing of Justice League on Vortex.

Even if you haven't seen what they're showing now, you've seen Justice League Unlimited I assume. Can you think of a valid reason to eliminate ANYTHING from that show?
    Aside from Kai, I havent watched any of those shows, so I really dont know what you mean.

Kai was done for the sole purpose of cutting out all the fluff, compressing the show to its main core over five episodes of Goku charging up a spirit bomb. I know the American release of animes tend to cut out things they deem 'inappropriate', like James cross dressing in an episode of Pokemon or Rini being spanked in Sailor Moon. Its an issue of cultural standards.

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Uh huh... sure it was. And when Goku died fighting his brother his body "went to another dimension".

now if you're interested I have some lovely seaside land to sell you in Colorado...

Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Uh, it was? They reduced something like 49 episodes down to 20. They also remastered it, altered some color schemes and worked on the aspect ratios. Kai was essentially the 'directors cut' for the 20th anniversary.

Seriously, 95% of the threads you post on this site can easily be answered by doing simple google searches.

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

How about Naruto?

Or Card Captors

Heck they edited Pokemon
    http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/3/32/Gun.png

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...eletedShot.png

I'm just saying the cartoons should be left as they were made aside from dubbing.

Last edited by Clayton_n; 10-11-2013 at 05:15 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

How about Naruto?

Or Card Captors

Heck they edited Pokemon
    http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/3/32/Gun.png

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...eletedShot.png

I'm just saying the cartoons should be left as they were made aside from dubbing.

......................did you not read my post? Apparently not, otherwise you would have noticed I said that yes, they edited pokemon and sailor moon because of cultural differences. Cross dressing, lesbians, etc etc etc are edited for American children. We have different cultural standards than the Japanese, thus the editing. While I agree with some of the edits, there are others I disagree with.

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Ah, right. And I agree. Sometimes I can gigve it to them. I mean who minds them turning the blood in bleach black? But when they, for example, make Sailor Uranus and Neptune cousins... that was a little too far.

Now what can we do to fix it?

Also give me one reason we can't have lesbians in kids shows over here. No sex, but admitted couples at least.

Last edited by Clayton_n; 10-11-2013 at 05:53 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Ah, right. And I agree. Sometimes I can gigve it to them. I mean who minds them turning the blood in bleach black? But when they, for example, make Sailor Uranus and Neptune cousins... that was a little too far.

Now what can we do to fix it?

Also give me one reason we can't have lesbians in kids shows over here. No sex, but admitted couples at least.
    Because America is still full of bigots and the gay community doesnt have equal rights. All we can do is try to fight for those equal rights and help make things like lesbians acceptable in our culture.

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

True. Seems unfair since guys and girls can date, though.

I'm still holding out hope for My Little Pony Friendship is Magic. If nothing else the guy to girl ratio it 10-1

On a side note, American cartoons have gone downhill since Spielberg stopped making them. Where are the shows like Animaniacs with pointless cartoon violence and sexy women? I blame AOL

Last edited by Clayton_n; 10-11-2013 at 06:13 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

True. Seems unfair since guys and girls can date, though.

I'm still holding out hope for My Little Pony Friendship is Magic. If nothing else the guy to girl ratio it 10-1

I would not be the least bit surprised if Lauren had some sort of gay relationship in the back of her head for some of these ponies, but it'll be a cold day in hell that Hasbro lets something like that happen. I was surprised they let Derpy go for as long as she did and then quickly edited her when there was backlash from parents about her being a "retarded pony" [which she isnt]. But oh well. I think more and more liberals are rising up in America, maybe in 10 years none of that will be an issue anymore

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

She claimed she had no intention of any of them dating originally.

Though that doesn't make much sense with Rarity.

By all rights Season 4 of Kim Possible should have had her and Shego hooking up.

They used to make fun of this crud.

Last edited by Clayton_n; 10-11-2013 at 06:03 PM.

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

-smh.- Kim Possible dating Shego... That would've never happened for one reason. Opposite sides! Besides most of her relationship build up was with Ron. Thus the whole "Stoppable to Possible" transformation. Did you even watch the show? Not saying it couldn't happen, but girls aren't like guys. They usually don't become epic friends (or lovers) after fighting with someone for a long time. Sure they may work together, and have mutual respect for each other, but they still dislike each other because they're enemies.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by DeathBlade/13.666 View Post
    -smh.- Kim Possible dating Shego... That would've never happened for one reason. Opposite sides! Besides most of her relationship build up was with Ron. Thus the whole "Stoppable to Possible" transformation. Did you even watch the show? Not saying it couldn't happen, but girls aren't like guys. They usually don't become epic friends (or lovers) after fighting with someone for a long time. Sure they may work together, and have mutual respect for each other, but they still dislike each other because they're enemies.

Actually they've teamed up a few times. Shego has even gone out of her way to save Kim's life and when Shego was turned good kim's immediate reaction was "we'll let her stay in my room."

Note: I am aware of the spelling errors... I simply don't care
    Last edited by Clayton_n; 10-12-2013 at 04:12 PM.

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

-.-; Only an idiot would mistake two people trying to be friends after years of fighting for a lesbian or attempted lesbian relationship. And btw, there was no over editing there. You cannot edit out what isn't there.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Right. I see your point. In cartoons people who have been enemies NEVER hook up or even become friends. Clearly I was wrong.

And nobody but me saw anything between Kim and shego. Obviously i'm sick in the head.

http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...t=Sarcasm+font

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k1...gurthFrost.jpg

ANYWAy, I don't see why they can't have a relationship like that in a kids cartoon if boys and girls can date in it. Seems a little one sided and in japan they do it all the time.

Last edited by Clayton_n; 10-12-2013 at 05:31 PM.

POLITE AND OCCASIONALLY ANGRY ABOUT STUFF Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-12-2015 11:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

That example of this "Haku" looks like it's from Naruto - the first picture looks like the earlier episodes while the later picture looks like it would have been done way further down the line - American censors would not go through the trouble of editing a bishounen to look more feminine, because the fanbase of early to mid teen fans would throw a fit over it and because it's too much work to edit every appearence. Why would they oversexualize a guy to look like a girl to appeal to a mostly homophobic fanbase?

And Shego and Kim were written as rivals. If they met under different circumstances, they could have been friends - but they are not friends due to their chosen professions. they have a mutual respect for one another, that does not translate into bisexual/lesbian lovers offscreen. In the case where Shego lives at the Possible place for a while, Kim was the reason she was there - thus, Shego was Kim's responsibility, keeping Shego out of her family's hair as much as possible. To do that, Kim lent her room to Shego - to avoid the stress of preparing another place to sleep where the family would be disrupted, i.e. on the couch or on the floor in the living room, Kim suggested a place that would mainly inconvenience her and not her family.

I get the slash - I know one fic, pretty damn awesome - but that is not their relationship, nor was it ever meant to be. They were rivals, equals on opposing sides of their fight. There is nothing more there, nor was there anything else intended. You are reading too much into it.

And RE: gay/lesbian relationships in animation - that's a case of values dissonance. Japan's more cool with that than America - a gay relationship in American animation would never fly, the censors would shoot it down in seconds. Over here it's deemed "inappropriate" whether we like it or not.
    Last edited by Naughty Dog; 10-12-2013 at 04:56 PM.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

people have serious questions about Dawn and Zoey in pokemon. Also Rouge and Topaz in Sonic X.

Last edited by Clayton_n; 10-12-2013 at 05:05 PM.

20. Dislikes Naughty Dog disliked this post
    POLITE AND OCCASIONALLY ANGRY ABOUT STUFF Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-12-2015 11:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

That is not a relationship. That is a misunderstanding you are taking out of context. Toph thought Suki was Sokka - she even proclaimed "Oh Sokka! I knew you would save me!" before kissing Suki.

Are you a troll?

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

No, I'm merely pointing out that this got on Tv and nobody had a hissy fit.

Then there's the old harley and Ivy thing from batman.

or that couple from oban Star Racers

Last edited by Clayton_n; 10-12-2013 at 05:15 PM.

Wish I could be here more.. (_YvOnSo_) has a reputation beyond repute (_YvOnSo_) has a reputation beyond repute (_YvOnSo_) has a reputation beyond repute (_YvOnSo_) has a reputation beyond repute (_YvOnSo_) has a reputation beyond repute (_YvOnSo_) has a reputation beyond repute (_YvOnSo_) has a reputation beyond repute (_YvOnSo_) has a reputation beyond repute (_YvOnSo_) has a reputation beyond repute (_YvOnSo_) has a reputation beyond repute (_YvOnSo_) has a reputation beyond repute (_YvOnSo_)'s Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Coffee
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-28-2015 06:39 PM
    Threads

Randomly pointing this out, read the first couple of posts, but quit because it got redundant after awhile, but did you ever see the cut version of Naruto when it was on CN and Naruto Shippuden on DisneyXD? They had tons of scenes cut off back then. But now the uncut Naruto airing on Adult Swim is, well, uncut. All depends where your watching this stuff. Adult swim doesn't cut much stuff up, as where Vortex on CW is kid-based, so you have to expect things like that to be edited on those channels.
    I'm (_YvOnSo_), aka Von. You can call me either.
    I'm back!

If you play, message me your username.

(_YvOnSo_)'s Artwork
    Check out some of my work!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

At least you admit it, Clayton.

Anyways, either get this thread back on the topic of networks over editing shows so I can move this to General Anime, seeming that the argument stem from Japanese anime on U.S. networks and not the other way around, or I'll close this on the basis of the it being off-topic and absolutely silly.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Nah, this doesn't belong in general anime because they only do it in America. otherwise I'd have put it there.

In any case i also mentioned Justice league. they've edited the heck out of it on Vortex, removing a lot of dramatic plot points and things. I mean I get why they started showing it with Arrow coming out and that's why they onlys howed the epsiodes with green Arrow, but sheesh.
    Last edited by Clayton_n; 10-12-2013 at 05:28 PM.

Wish I could be here more.. (_YvOnSo_) has a reputation beyond repute (_YvOnSo_) has a reputation beyond repute (_YvOnSo_) has a reputation beyond repute (_YvOnSo_) has a reputation beyond repute (_YvOnSo_) has a reputation beyond repute (_YvOnSo_) has a reputation beyond repute (_YvOnSo_) has a reputation beyond repute (_YvOnSo_) has a reputation beyond repute (_YvOnSo_) has a reputation beyond repute (_YvOnSo_) has a reputation beyond repute (_YvOnSo_) has a reputation beyond repute (_YvOnSo_)'s Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Coffee
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-28-2015 06:39 PM
    Threads

You should always expect anything that comes from Japan to be ruined one way or another when it reaches another country. Just got to get used to it that everything is better in Japan.

As for Vortex, like I said before, they'll always ruin something by editing the storyline, because it's based around a kid audience.
    I'm (_YvOnSo_), aka Von. You can call me either.
    I'm back!

If you play, message me your username.

(_YvOnSo_)'s Artwork
    Check out some of my work!

27. Likes ~OTAKYU~ liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information