AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cheap ass camper's gun on Star Trek: DS9

Hybrid View

🐮🔪 Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-13-2019 08:41 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Cheap ass camper's gun on Star Trek: DS9

It's called the TR-116. It fire's bullets made of tritanium, which is a metal that is many times harder than diamond. When the gunman is wearing an Exographic Targeting Sensor (which looks pretty much like a knockoff of the DBZ "Scouter" units) which allows him/her to see through walls, and also the end of the gun barrel is equipped with a Micro Transporter which allows bullets after being fired from the gun to be teleported to any selected location, this gun is the ultimate sniper weapon. When this gun is used in this way it allows anyone to get ridiculously cheap kills on anyone.

Below is a picture of Esri Dax holding this weapon and wearing the Exographic Targeting Sensor.

Click the banner to visit my website.

My website is still under construction, so please visit it often to see it as it grows. You may have to press F5 to refresh the page if there's something new that's not showing (in some rare cases, you may have to use Ctrl+F5). If you wish to contact me about my site and are a member of Animeforum, PM me. If you are just a guest visiting Animeforum, please use [email protected]

Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pocket Watch Katana Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2019 09:03 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Cheap ass camper's gun on Star Trek: DS9

A. Based on the shape and not being able to see their eye through it, I think the eyepiece is more likely modeled after the AH-64 Apache's IHADSS

Though there are plent of things like that.

B.

Within the Star Trek setting there are hundreds of different things that mess with teleportation and so it'd be worthless in many situations. I think that weapon only shows up in one episode as a result.

Banned Forum / Chat Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts V Guitar Electric Guitar Black Guitar
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2016 08:54 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: gurutar Steam ID: gurutar2015

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyside View Post
    A. Based on the shape and not being able to see their eye through it, I think the eyepiece is more likely modeled after the AH-64 Apache's IHADSS

Though there are plent of things like that.

B.

Within the Star Trek setting there are hundreds of different things that mess with teleportation and so it'd be worthless in many situations. I think that weapon only shows up in one episode as a result.
    yeah but the gun doesn't automatically follow the line of sight of the operator :P

🐮🔪 Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Worthless? It allows you to take out anyone within range of the Exographic Targeting Sensor and Micro Transporter. You could sit in one room of a spaceship or starbase, and if you had enough ammo you could take out everyone on that ship or base. And it would be nearly impossible to figure out who did it. The bad guy on DS9 was found through a combination of detective work and luck. If the guy had been on a mission not to target a few specific people, but rather the entire crew (including security officers who were trying to solve the crimes) there would be a LOT more chaos and difficulty finding the killer. With a gun like this, the bad guy could have been a one man "mass shooter" and pretty much wasted everyone on the DS9 starbase. But he didn't, because then there wouldn't be any more eps of DS9.

But yeah, a gun like that would be the ULTIMATE handheld anti-personel weapon. And that's why I said it's cheap. There's no skill needed at all. If a gun like that was available in the Halo games, you'd have one camper sitting in his base, and he'd be taking out every one else on the multiplayer.

My website is still under construction, so please visit it often to see it as it grows. You may have to press F5 to refresh the page if there's something new that's not showing (in some rare cases, you may have to use Ctrl+F5). If you wish to contact me about my site and are a member of Animeforum, PM me. If you are just a guest visiting Animeforum, please use [email protected]

Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Animedude5555 View Post
    Worthless? It allows you to take out anyone within range of the Exographic Targeting Sensor and Micro Transporter. You could sit in one room of a spaceship or starbase, and if you had enough ammo you could take out everyone on that ship or base. And it would be nearly impossible to figure out who did it. The bad guy on DS9 was found through a combination of detective work and luck. If the guy had been on a mission not to target a few specific people, but rather the entire crew (including security officers who were trying to solve the crimes) there would be a LOT more chaos and difficulty finding the killer. With a gun like this, the bad guy could have been a one man "mass shooter" and pretty much wasted everyone on the DS9 starbase. But he didn't, because then there wouldn't be any more eps of DS9.
    It's worthless in a military setting because it relies on the micro transporter, and transporters don't work through shields (and there are a lot of ways to shut them down). On most ships they'd probably be able to pinpoint the transporter signature (one of the plot points of DS9 is that the ship is an old kinda junky Cardassian ore processing facility with pretty lackluster systems, allowing for all sorts of stuff like that). And when you have a rogue officer there are a lot of ways for them to do a lot of damage, such as screwing with antimatter containment to blow a ship (and the starbase it's docked at).

But yeah, a gun like that would be the ULTIMATE handheld anti-personel weapon. And that's why I said it's cheap. There's no skill needed at all. If a gun like that was available in the Halo games, you'd have one camper sitting in his base, and he'd be taking out every one else on the multiplayer.
    Actually Halo has shields too. And really the TR116 is just a battle rifle (maybe even an assault rifle) with a pretty small ammo capacity. In the show it's modified with that micro transporter on the end that makes it look long. But with single shots instead of bursts, it's take a while to down someones shields in Halo, and maybe you could add in an improved version of knowing where a shot came from when you get hit, so you'd know the direction the shooter is in. Also its a fidly interface that might have a hard time hitting a moving target (maybe you could add in a lag with the bullet transporting). In that case it actually might make for an interesting game mechanic because it would be the perfect weapon for punishing campers, since they're standing still and would essentially be forced out of their camping spot, whereas it wouldn't be very effective against players on the move. I rather like the idea.

Banned Forum / Chat Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

hey, i'm having a hard time understanding something. could a mod like @Eris , @Serated or @Ranshiin explain to me why @Clayton_n , @Animedude5555 and @Ugly.Ted arent permabanned? its incredibly obvious what their purpose here is. they log onto this website and think of ways to p*ss people off because they think its funny. i've seen two users say they were going to straight up quit the site because of animedude's antics. they offer nothing but destruction to the website. will the mods' patience with them ever run out?

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by horrendous View Post
    hey, i'm having a hard time understanding something. could a mod like @Eris , @Serated or @Ranshiin explain to me why @Clayton_n , @Animedude5555 and @Ugly.Ted arent permabanned? its incredibly obvious what their purpose here is. they log onto this website and think of ways to p*ss people off because they think its funny. i've seen two users say they were going to straight up quit the site because of animedude's antics. they offer nothing but destruction to the website. will the mods' patience with them ever run out?
    WELP. You can block the user, that will more or less hide all their posts, blogs, threads, etc with a big nasty heading saying 'YOU HAVE BLOCKED THIS USER.' I did that with Animedude a long time ago.

On the technical level, they havent really done anything too bad (as far as I know) that would warrant a ban beyond the simple, obnoxious posts and threads (and blogs). On another level, there is the measure of 'well if you dont like their stuff, dont reply to them' and maybe they'll stop posting. But oddly enough, the most active non-spam threads (I.E. Say random things version abillion, last thing you X, X the next poster, etc) that receive a lot of attention, albeit negative, are made almost exclusively by Animedude and Clayton. So I guess there's something to be said on stupid nonsensical threads like this, versus more deep and interesting stuff that usually gets ignored immediately.

Hope that answers a bit.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Animedude has been banned like a dozen times. He just keeps making new accounts.

The others don't really break any rules.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

🐮🔪 "I'll see it when I believe it" 🐮🔪 ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Cookie Cookie Hedgehog
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-16-2023 02:57 PM
    The corner of Everywhere and Nowhere, ya dig?
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: TwilightWolf2508 Steam ID: zombiewolf2508

/facepalm

A. Star Trek outdates Dragon Ball Z.
    B. It's a science fiction show. The gun is not a "cheap weapon." i know nothing about it, but from the way that you described it, the weapon is quite strategic. There is no "camping" in war. Star Trek isn't Call of Duty or Halo.
    C. That's a woman. Not a "bad man."
    D. That weapon is not a sniper weapon. A sniper rifle is used for stealthy, long range tactical elimination of specific targets. Not shooting through walls with bullets that teleport to kill everyone.
    E. No one cares. Get a life.

In AD5555 terms: "Duh...dis not halo. Star twek not halo. Star trek no real. Gun no real. Thred is stoopid an lesspoint. Lern to post gud things amd get reel fax n00b."

I'm done. This forum is dead and filled with this guy. I'm just....done. Screw you and your crappy posts, VG/AD/whateveryouare.

Oh, and her name is EZRI Dax. Not Esri. EZRI.
    Last edited by ZombieWolf2508; 09-27-2013 at 02:00 PM.

My mood on a daily basis

Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieWolf2508 View Post
    /facepalm
    A. Star Trek outdates Dragon Ball Z.
    B. It's a science fiction show. The gun is not a "cheap weapon." i know nothing about it, but from the way that you described it, the weapon is quite strategic. There is no "camping" in war. Star Trek isn't Call of Duty or Halo.
    C. That's a woman. Not a "bad man."
    D. That weapon is not a sniper weapon. A sniper rifle is used for stealthy, long range tactical elimination of specific targets. Not shooting through walls with bullets that teleport to kill everyone.
    E. No one cares. Get a life.
    /Double Facepalm

A. DBZ outdates Star Trek: Deep Space 9.

B. This was used for doing cheap, remotely launched, assassination attacks, without the victim even being in the same room as the attacker. Watch the episode "Field of Fire" in Star Trek: DS9. It was a very cheap weapon. I know Star Trek isn't Halo. But this is the kind of weapon n00bs wish were in Halo, because it's the only way that a n00b would win in Halo against good players (I'm speaking from personal experience here as a n00b, in comparison to other players I've played, who seemed like infinitely good players).

C. Again, watch the episode "Field of Fire" in Star Trek: DS9. That picture is Ezri, but there is a bad guy in the episode. Ezri has one of these guns. The bad guy has another one of these guns.

D. It might as well be a sniper weapon, for its pinpoint accuracy, and a ridiculously cheap one for being able hit anything anywhere, regardless of how many walls their are between it and its target, and super stealthy for not needing to shoot through the wall which would leave bullet holes as evidence of where the shot came from.

E. I'm not even gonna reply to this one.

Here's some advice for you. Next time you don't know anything about an episode of a show, please don't go blabbing about it as if you do, just to make yourself sound dumb. I saw this episode just the other day. I know what I'm talking about. You don't.
    Last edited by Animedude5555; 09-28-2013 at 12:27 AM.

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

/Double Facepalm

Not in America it doesn't.
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ranshiin View Post
    Not in America it doesn't.
    I was talking about the release date of the specific episode of ST:DS9 compared to the DBZ anime's release date in the US.

The anime DBZ was first broadcast in the US in 1996. The DS9 episode called "Field of Fire" (the episode in question here) was aired in 1999.

My source for the DBZ release data: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Ball_Z
    My source for the DS9 "Field of Fire" episode release date: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Field_o..._Space_Nine%29

I facepalm at you for going out of your way to DESPERATELY FIND SOMETHING to criticize me for, and end up showing your own lack of knowledge in the process. Maybe you should do a bit of research before you start making statements that you proclaim to be factual. Otherwise you make a fool out of yourself.
    Last edited by Animedude5555; 09-27-2013 at 09:27 PM.

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I was talking about the release date of the specific episode of STS9 compared to the DBZ anime's release date in the US.
    Why? What has this particular episode got to do with the argument? It sounds like you're just coming up with excuses to 'win'. You argued that DBZ came before Star Trek. I proved that for US audiences, Star Trek was aired before DBZ. Now you argue that you meant 'this episode', when it was never part of the argument as it was the two series' in general being argued, not specific episodes.

How about I argue that I'm now talking about a specific episode of DBZ, that just happens to air after the date of this episode? What then?

Just admit it, you lost the argument. ZombieWolf said Star Trek was aired before DBZ. ZombieWolf was right. Deal with it, sunshades and all.

🐮🔪 "I'll see it when I believe it" 🐮🔪 ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Cookie Cookie Hedgehog
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-16-2023 02:57 PM
    The corner of Everywhere and Nowhere, ya dig?
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: TwilightWolf2508 Steam ID: zombiewolf2508

/Double Facepalm

B. This was used for doing cheap, remotely launched, assassination attacks, without the victim even being in the same room as the attacker. Watch the episode "Field of Fire" in Star Trek: DS9. It was a very cheap weapon. I know Star Trek isn't Halo. But this is the kind of weapon n00bs wish were in Halo, because it's the only way that a n00b would win in Halo against good players (I'm speaking from personal experience here as a n00b, in comparison to other players I've played, who seemed like infinitely good players).

C. Again, watch the episode "Field of Fire" in Star Trek: DS9. That picture is Ezri, but there is a bad guy in the episode. Ezri has one of these guns. The bad guy has another one of these guns.

D. It might as well be a sniper weapon, for its pinpoint accuracy, and a ridiculously cheap one for being able hit anything anywhere, regardless of how many walls their are between it and its target, and super stealthy for not needing to shoot through the wall which would leave bullet holes as evidence of where the shot came from.

E. I'm not even gonna reply to this one.

Here's some advice for you. Next time you don't know anything about an episode of a show, please don't go blabbing about it as if you do, just to make yourself sound smart. I saw this episode just the other day. I know what I'm talking about. You don't.

Really mam, just go crawl in a hole and die. None of us care about you. None of us care aboit your crappy, cancer-ridden posts or your pointless piece-of-crap threads. No one here likes you. Not a single solitary person. None of us want you. You're just a child who somehow has fun stirring up crap on the internet. You have no life, no meaning, no anythimg. I'm sick of seeing your posts here. You have single handedly killed what was left of this forum.
    I don't care if I ever get to post again on here, nor do I care if I hurt your widdle feelings, but get the hell off of the internet and either get a life or jusy hang yourself with your ethernet cable. None of us would care. So please, frell off and leave this poor forum alone.

As for the rest of you, most of you guys are cool. If a mod bans or edits this, at least leave this last bit. You guys were awesome for he most part. I enjoyed all of the Wolf games. It was a strange trip, but I'm sick of that cancerous troll. The mods obviously won't do anything about him, especially considering his past, so I'm done. Goodbye my friends. I may be back one day.

As for you, AnimeDude: frell you, frell your thread, and get a damn life.

~ZombieWolf.

My mood on a daily basis

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieWolf2508 View Post
    Really mam, just go crawl in a hole and die. None of us care about you. None of us care aboit your crappy, cancer-ridden posts or your pointless piece-of-crap threads. No one here likes you. Not a single solitary person. None of us want you. You're just a child who somehow has fun stirring up crap on the internet. You have no life, no meaning, no anythimg. I'm sick of seeing your posts here. You have single handedly killed what was left of this forum.
    I don't care if I ever get to post again on here, nor do I care if I hurt your widdle feelings, but get the hell off of the internet and either get a life or jusy hang yourself with your ethernet cable. None of us would care. So please, frell off and leave this poor forum alone.

As for the rest of you, most of you guys are cool. If a mod bans or edits this, at least leave this last bit. You guys were awesome for he most part. I enjoyed all of the Wolf games. It was a strange trip, but I'm sick of that cancerous troll. The mods obviously won't do anything about him, especially considering his past, so I'm done. Goodbye my friends. I may be back one day.

As for you, AnimeDude: frell you, frell your thread, and get a damn life.

~ZombieWolf.
    Dude, this forum has ignore lists. Problem solved.

Gil
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

lol animedude lives for losing arguments

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

ITT

Gil
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

the problem is the site is apparently losing users because of these people. yes, technically they don't break any rules, but they also serve no purpose to the site other than to harass and start arguments. while on one hand, users should have thicker skin and be able to shrug off the stupidity, on the other hand, why keep these users around when they are only here to disrupt?

i dunno. i'll put them on ignore but i dont like seeing other users getting sucked into trap arguments until they become so annoyed and angry that they blow up or quit the site.

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

the problem is the site is apparently losing users because of these people. yes, technically they don't break any rules, but they also serve no purpose to the site other than to harass and start arguments. while on one hand, users should have thicker skin and be able to shrug off the stupidity, on the other hand, why keep these users around when they are only here to disrupt?
    This site has always had idiots. If you ban all the idiots, what you get is a really boring website where everyone just sits around agreeing with each other. Trust me, it doesn't work.

Senior Member nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-03-2017 11:20 PM
    Threads

AnimeDude5555 seems to have improved. Yeah OK, his choice of topic isn't the best, but at least he writes more than a sentence like he used to.

Maybe he doesn't know how to choose good topics. Instead of complaining, why not try to teach him how to choose topics for this audience? Everyone wins that way.

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

Quote Originally Posted by nslay View Post
    AnimeDude5555 seems to have improved. Yeah OK, his choice of topic isn't the best, but at least he writes more than a sentence like he used to.

Maybe he doesn't know how to choose good topics. Instead of complaining, why not try to teach him how to choose topics for this audience? Everyone wins that way.
    Because he's had three years to learn. You can't teach a lame dog new tricks.

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GameGeeks View Post
    Because he's had three years to learn. You can't teach a lame dog new tricks.
    Not to mention that he's begged several times for forgiveness and that he would 'change his ways', and yet within a month has gone back to posting the same sort of stuff that had everyone wanting to stuff pineapples inside him in the first place.

Me? I don't even take him seriously any more. No point.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    Threads

i dunno. i'll put them on ignore but i dont like seeing other users getting sucked into trap arguments until they become so annoyed and angry that they blow up or quit the site.

Actually it's when you start permabanning everyone just because you don't like them rather than because they broke rules that sites like this die.

you of course are free to either leave or, as I do, not participate in threads posted on topics or by people you have no interest in. Nobody is forcing you to read anything around here you know.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I would like to point out that 1 out of every 6 threads current on MISC are made by Animedude, no other user has done this. Suggestion, make more threads to weed out his dominance.

Senior Member nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-03-2017 11:20 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Serated View Post
    I would like to point out that 1 out of every 6 threads current on MISC are made by Animedude, no other user has done this. Suggestion, make more threads to weed out his dominance.
    Well, threads are kind of special. Most people have substantially more posts than threads (I have 2 threads at the time of this writing).

So, how about imposing a thread:time limit? Here's how to choose the limit:

Compute the mean number of threads created for, say, the top 5-10% most active users over 1, 2, 3, ..., 7 days and pick the most representative value as a limit over the respective number of days. That is, a user would be allotted no more than N threads per M days.

I think most users will never even come close to said limit, and those that do are potentially annoying users, bots, spammers, etc...

EDIT:
    Or potentially more effective, limiting the ratio of say, users_most_recent_threads:N_most_recent_threads. This directly addresses the problem Serated mentioned.

For example, a user cannot author more than 10% of the 100 most recent threads.
    Last edited by nslay; 09-29-2013 at 01:21 PM.

Closed Thread

Thread Information