AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: birthday gift ideas for an otaku?

Junior Member Betinjaneh is on a distinguished road Betinjaneh's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-03-2013 01:47 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default birthday gift ideas for an otaku?

Hi
    I’m new to the forum and joined because I’m looking for some input from die-hard anime fans on a birthday present for my best friend who is otaku.

I’m not very knowledgable about anime or manga. While I appreciate the art of it, I must admit I don’t have the patience to follow the hundereds of episodes of a lot of the longer series!! I really admire the dedication of steadfast anime fans who keep up with several shows at a time, not to mentions all the music on the OSTs!

So here’s the thing. My friend’s birthday is coming up and she’s a big anime fan and also someone who’s hard to buy for. She doesn’t really talk anime with me much since she knows I don’t follow it that much, but this is the random (if limited) stuff I know about what she likes:

Favorite animes: Bleach, Fairy Tail, Dragonball Z

She loves anime OSTs but I’m not sure which ones exactly (I know she was listening to the Blood+ OST some time ago)

She has images of Mystogan from Fairy Tail as her screensaver

So here are some possibilities I’ve been considering:
    Anime artbooks - but which ones are good? (for example, there are several different Bleach ones…)

Anime OST cds – but these can be quite expensive when shipped from Japan and can’t they all be accessed online? Or are there some special limited edition ones with added perks?

Manga - but manga for animes that she likes (or is it boring to read manga if you’ve already seen the anime)? And is there any good shonen manga that hasn’t been made into anime yet? (And does anyone know what manga issues Mystogan appears in?)

Sorry if any of my questions might seem naïve – I’m new to this! Any input whatsoever would be tremendously appreciated because I’m feeling pretty overwhelmed right now! Thanks a lot!!!

Junior Member Hachiman Hikigaya is on a distinguished road Hachiman Hikigaya's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-03-2013 06:10 PM
    Threads

Im a big fairy tail fan too. Though ive started to get bored of it since the episodes stopped airing back in april.

Mystogan doesnt appear that much in fairy tail. Try manga volumes 20 - 24. This is the edolas arc where it is mostly about mystogan and his sercrets. Rave master manga is also good. It is made by the hiro mashima - the same author of fairy tail. It is interesting how he sort of used the same character designs for a few characters like bisca, mystogan or jellal. Im guessing the person would like any kind of fairy tail merchandise. That includes ost cds, figurines, posters, anything. Idk what kind of book you mean but im guessing a drawing book? If you are try "mastering manga" by Mark Crilley. He has a channel on youtube. Check out his drawings. He is pretty good. Fairy tail osts are epic in my opinion. The composer is yasuharu takanashi. That might help you if you are looking for cds.
    That is all that i can think of in the top of my head. Sorry if i wasnt helpful.

Senior Member BronyBradyBuddyKiller is on a distinguished road BronyBradyBuddyKiller's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Scorpio Heart Katana
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-28-2015 10:05 PM
    Threads

Default Re: birthday gift ideas for an otaku?

I've got no idea apart from maybe the occasional DVD, CD, Some kind of figure or maybe a plush toy? She might like some kind of clothes. Apart from that I'm not much help.

Junior Member Betinjaneh is on a distinguished road Betinjaneh's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-03-2013 01:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: birthday gift ideas for an otaku?

Thanks, those are some good ideas. What's your opinion on artbooks like these:

http://www.amazon.com/Mashima-Hiro-W...+tail+fantasia

http://www.amazon.com/All-Colour-but...+but+the+black

They are mostly illustrations, do you think they would be of interest to most fans of the shows?

Junior Member Hachiman Hikigaya is on a distinguished road Hachiman Hikigaya's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-03-2013 06:10 PM
    Threads

Im pretty sure fans of fairy tail or bleach will like those books. I will like those gifts if i received them because i am a fan of them. Though everyone is different. Btw, i think they are in another language. Though if you are buying it for the illustrations, i dont think it will really matter.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information