AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [TV Series] Highschool of the Dead (TV)

Senior Member Fandom Fate is on a distinguished road Fandom Fate's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-03-2013 08:33 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Pure Pain96 PSN ID: PurePain-2012 Steam ID: BradE96

Default [TV Series] Highschool of the Dead (TV)

Highschool of the Dead Review

Type: TV Series + 1 OVA
    Genre: Horror

Plot Synopsis: 'Highschool of the Dead is an anime series adapted from the manga of the same name written by Daisuke Sato and illustrated by Shoji Sato. The series is set in the present day, beginning as the world is struck by a deadly pandemic that turns humans into zombies. The story follows Takashi Komuro, a student at Fujimi High School who survived the initial outbreak along with several of his classmates and the school nurse, and occasionally jumps to the perspective of other characters. As the group tries to survive the zombie apocalypse, they must also face dangerous fellow survivors and the decay of their own moral code.'

Story: The story is actually rather good in Highschool of the Dead. I must admit that I was expecting it to just be all about eye candy for the fans and lots of gravity-defying breasts...but actually, amongst all of that and the shots of pants/ bras which can sometimes patronise the viewer into thinking they're just a sex-obsessed moron, there is a story buried there which is actually quite gripping and well deserving of a second series for expansion purposes. The survivors that meet the group often pose threats, most notably the potential rapist in Episode 4 who was quickly shot dead by Takashi. This story is a classic - a band of survivors coming together and resolving any differences they may have to work together in staying alive. 8/10 for the story because of it being a classic and yet featuring enough differences to bring it into its own.

Characters: The characters are all brilliant in Highschool of the Dead and I think is the one thing which makes this anime so different to all the rest. The character development in just 12 episodes and 1 OVA is phenomenal and there is a real difference in the band of survivors squabbling and crying at the start and the confident, sad but determined squad we see at the end. The two geeks who obsess over guns provide much comedic relief as well which is needed in contrast to the dark theme of the series. I was also rather impressed with the fact that the nurse wasn't a mother to the students and actually seemed quite equal to the students she had previously had a higher status then. It was good because, it proves that in the end we're all the same and have to help each other when things get tough which is a very powerful message for an anime to be sending out. Truly impressive stuff. 10/10 for characters.

Art/ animation: I could see no problem with the art/ animation and it all seemed quite slick. 9/10
    Voice acting/ Music rating: The music was pretty good and consistent throughout the episodes and the voice acting was good but maybe a little too high-pitched and child-like. 6/10

Overall: Overall I'd have to give this series a good 9/10, very commendable anime and I think one most fans should give a watch.
    Anime I'm Currently Watching: Yu-Gi-Oh! GX - Season 1
    Anime Next: Yu-Gi-Oh! GX - Season 2
    Animes I've Completed: Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters| Highschool of the Dead

Senior Member Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Bleach Kon
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2014 03:56 AM
    Threads

Default Re: [TV Series] Highschool of the Dead (TV)

I liked the series,,and I think its recommendable anime for those who want to see echhi ,yaoi or kind of like that and for those who are not fond of these genres stay away..

Story: 7/10

Characters:7/10

Art/ animation:9/10

Overall:8/10

UnExpected....

Senior Member Major.Tom has a reputation beyond repute Major.Tom has a reputation beyond repute Major.Tom has a reputation beyond repute Major.Tom has a reputation beyond repute Major.Tom has a reputation beyond repute Major.Tom has a reputation beyond repute Major.Tom has a reputation beyond repute Major.Tom has a reputation beyond repute Major.Tom has a reputation beyond repute Major.Tom has a reputation beyond repute Major.Tom has a reputation beyond repute Major.Tom's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-19-2014 05:44 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Fungy Chroom

Default Re: [TV Series] Highschool of the Dead (TV)

I really enjoyed that show. The drawing stle was superb as were the fighting scenes.
    The ecchi in the show is well fanservice but it didn't at all come off as annoying or anything.
    Liked the scenery and character devolopment aswell.
    All and all a 8/10 in the genre for me.
    He's just a dandy guy, in space.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information