AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Know that feel, bro (Anime character you feel sorry for)

Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2017 10:46 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

Default Know that feel, bro (Anime character you feel sorry for)

In many anime (especially comedies), its common for the "hero" to be the most unlucky character in the series. Some of them, flat-out deserve whats coming for them. However, theres others that are long past due of having something good happen to them, but they just cant seem to get a break. The most common and classic example is that dream girl walking into a conversation at that perfect time to make it seem like something its not.

So tell me, who do you think gets screwed over and over again even though they deserve that girl/guy more than anyone?
    Who knows that feel, bro?

So one of my choices would have to be Manami Tamura from Oreimo. The takes such good care of Kyosuke no matter what the situation and has been there since they were kids. I'm not gonna give away the ending of the series, but if you see it (or have seen it), you'll understand just how hard she got jacked over by him.

Hmmm... Been a while
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

🐮🔪 Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-13-2019 08:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Know that feel, bro (Anime character you feel sorry for)

I feel sorry for that unnamed diclonius in the science lab in Elfen Lied, who was getting shot at with those cannons to test the strength of her psychic vector arms.
    Click the banner to visit my website.

My website is still under construction, so please visit it often to see it as it grows. You may have to press F5 to refresh the page if there's something new that's not showing (in some rare cases, you may have to use Ctrl+F5). If you wish to contact me about my site and are a member of Animeforum, PM me. If you are just a guest visiting Animeforum, please use [email protected]

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Sunohara Youhei

Expert of rejection and gets beat up a lot.

I wouldn't say they deserve it more than the protagonist but he does deserve someone.
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 09-03-2013 at 11:45 PM.

Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2023 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Makoto Itou

He gets screwed over so bad, he doesn't make it.

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleohano View Post
    In many anime (especially comedies), its common for the "hero" to be the most unlucky character in the series. Some of them, flat-out deserve whats coming for them. However, theres others that are long past due of having something good happen to them, but they just cant seem to get a break. The most common and classic example is that dream girl walking into a conversation at that perfect time to make it seem like something its not.

So tell me, who do you think gets screwed over and over again even though they deserve that girl/guy more than anyone?

So one of my choices would have to be Manami Tamura from Oreimo. The takes such good care of Kyosuke no matter what the situation and has been there since they were kids. I'm not gonna give away the ending of the series, but if you see it (or have seen it), you'll understand just how hard she got jacked over by him.

I won't spoil the ending, but why feel sorry for her?

She doesn't own him o_O nor does she have the right to try and force herself upon him
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshikage Kira View Post
    Expert of rejection and gets beat up a lot.

I wouldn't say they deserve it more than the protagonist but he does deserve someone.
    I really hate how they treated that character. You know the advantage of writing for an anime over a game is that you don't have to make everything about the main character. Yet they did exactly that, and it really was a grozit stain on a decent show. It's okay to let side characters have some glory from time to time. The main character doesn't have to be Jesus.

Senior Member Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-15-2013 12:26 AM
    Threads

No words need to be said.

"Tell her that I miss our little talks."

8. Likes Kaleohano liked this post
    Senior Member Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts 025 - Pikachu Cheese
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-19-2014 08:33 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Tragic Melody

Oh, don't get me started on Minami. At first, I really liked her (liked other characters more, but Oreimo had great ones), but those final OVAs ruined her for me. Gonna copy what someone posted about her in a spoiler tag. Don't read if you haven't finished the series + final OVAs.

Everything. Well, maybe not everything, but she is pretty much the reason Kirino and Kyousuke hated each other for years. That manipulative little freak didn't like how she herself was just a plain, boring and "normal" person while Kyousuke was a very good student, a fast runner and an overall very active person, so she brought him down to her own level (through some pretty sad and horrible phsychological actions which weren't disclosed in the anime, but only in the novels) and made him a lazy "normal" person. She was also the one who told Kirino when she was like 10 years old or so that she can't love her brother, and that her brother wasn't the cool person Kirino thought he was.
    And her actions also indirectly caused Kirino to become the way she is now. I mean the selfishness, and the treatment of her brother.

tl;dr: She's manipulative. Can't stand those type of characters.

Agreed with Sunohara, Makoto got what he deserved and if you want to feel sympathetic to a character in School Days, show it towards Kotonoha, and that Chimera made me cry.

Characters throughout anime I have felt sorry for, spoiler tagged just because a mere mention of a name can be a spoiler.

Myself ; Yourself - Has some of the most traumatic things dealing with multiple characters.

Nanaka: When I found out how much pain she went through, I cried so hard, I'm a very sympathetic person and that hit me so hard...

Shusuke and Shuri: Incest or not (not declared) isn't the issue, they just dealt with too much crap.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

Rika: The amount of suffering she went through was so immense.

Satoko: That abusive dad...

Mashiroiro Symphony

Sana Inui: The anime focused on her and she lost the love contest. The heartbreak for her was a pretty big impact.

Angel Beats

Everyone.
    Order wise: Iwasawa, Yui, Yuri, Otonashi, Hinata

Cannibal Countess ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett's Avatar
    Gil
    In Love
    Gifts Purple Ribbon Heart Pocky
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2016 06:26 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChibiLovett Steam ID: ChibiLovett

Quote Originally Posted by beyond_birthday View Post

No words need to be said.
    Her! I don't cry much at anime, TV shows, or movies, but that part with Nina gets me every freaking time. TT~TT

Also Suigintou from Rozen Maiden. (I'm not saying anything specific, but I'm putting it in spoilers just in case.)

Maybe it's just because I have a soft spot for psycho characters so I see and understand the reasoning behind what they do, whether it balances out with what they did or not, but whatever the reason, I always felt sorry for her. All the Rozen Maidens lived for was to achieve perfection to be loved by Father, and she had the most obvious flaw of them all and, imo, had the most reason to be fighting the Alice Game.
    She has no shadows, and she radiates beauty.

Slender body, and two eyes like ebony.

Her spirit's golden, and her mind's a mystery.

Fuchsia Ruler Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Heart Pisces Double Bento
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2016 06:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Then again there's Andrew Hussie who kills off everything I (we) all know and love. uwu

Member Rusty Blade is on a distinguished road Rusty Blade's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2013 04:36 AM
    Threads

Doesn't almost every single childhood friend character count. Most of them get stuck in the friend zone in the end despite being closer to the protagonist than anyone else. That sucks. I mean a few of them get there in the end but for the most part growing up with someone seems to be the biggest curse in anime relationships.

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wio View Post
    I really hate how they treated that character. You know the advantage of writing for an anime over a game is that you don't have to make everything about the main character. Yet they did exactly that, and it really was a grozit stain on a decent show. It's okay to let side characters have some glory from time to time. The main character doesn't have to be Jesus.
    Except, this is a visual novel game (the main route) before an anime....

I agree with you though, I think that's the problem with many Shoujo series out there, essentially it's always about the main character and supporting characters only exist to support the main character.

I think in this factor, Shonen series really surpasses it.
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 09-04-2013 at 04:50 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshikage Kira View Post
    Except, this is a visual novel game (the main route) before an anime....
    Yes, the novel game had no choice about it. The animation writers had liberty and still made terrible decisions. That's the problem.

Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2017 10:46 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

Quote Originally Posted by Yoko Littner View Post
    I won't spoil the ending, but why feel sorry for her?

She doesn't own him o_O nor does she have the right to try and force herself upon him
    but she's worked so hard! And of all the people for him to choose. lol its so sad!
    Hmmm... Been a while
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Too many, almost all animes are designed to make you in some way feel sorry for their characters. KEY, is notorious for this; see Kanon, Air, Angel Beats, and Clannad. They almost exclusively fill their games/animes with sad characters with sad back stories.

Senior Member Karirie is a splendid one to behold Karirie is a splendid one to behold Karirie is a splendid one to behold Karirie is a splendid one to behold Karirie is a splendid one to behold Karirie is a splendid one to behold Karirie is a splendid one to behold Karirie's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Gir 025 - Pikachu
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-24-2014 10:17 AM
    That's for me to know and for you to find out :3
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Crona from Soul Eater. His past was so sad, it just made me feel so bad for him.

When snow (Yuki) melts it turns into rain (Ame). When rain (Ame) falls, flowers (Hana) bloom.

☢ CAUTION!! ☢ CAUTION!! ☢ DenjaX has a reputation beyond repute DenjaX has a reputation beyond repute DenjaX has a reputation beyond repute DenjaX has a reputation beyond repute DenjaX has a reputation beyond repute DenjaX has a reputation beyond repute DenjaX has a reputation beyond repute DenjaX has a reputation beyond repute DenjaX has a reputation beyond repute DenjaX has a reputation beyond repute DenjaX has a reputation beyond repute DenjaX's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Ice Cream Scorpio Jack O Lantern
    Mentioned
    520 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-23-2016 06:02 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: sugarcoatedshit

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleohano View Post

You have been blinded with the "Eh hee~" smile:

Press spoiler for the truth:

EDIT: Damn... text too small...

DON'T CLICK BELOW

^Link^

Closed Thread

Thread Information