AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Skeletons Waltz - Black Rock Shooter Wallpaper

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Default The Skeletons Waltz - Black Rock Shooter Wallpaper

Personally I like smudge wallpapers even though I'm not particularly any good at smudging. I tried my hands at my second smudge based paper with 'The Skeletons Waltz' Inspired by Dave Thomas's song. (if you think you may be a fan of a sexy shirtless guy playing the accordion, look him and this song up on YT)

Series: Black Rock Shooter
    Character: Dead Master

This paper has plenty of room for me to tinker with it in the future so I might pick it back up later on and add some stuff to it. For now though, this version will do.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	SkeletonsWaltzBRS.jpg‎
Views:	193
Size:	567.9 KB
ID:	80227  

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Re: The Skeletons Waltz - Black Rock Shooter Wallpaper

People are such jerks, one of the first new wallpaper thread in months, and no responds.

Pros, green is such a nice color. So underused around here, and can wonderfully vibrant when used well. Its a smudge wallpaper, again, something not common. BRS is popular, etc. Good res size, can be scaled down to fit other resolutions; good to plan ahead.

BUT I DONT POST IN THESE THREADS TO GIVE SUNSHINE AND HAPPINESS.

As I told you on a personal level, its an extraction on a background, with a bubble C4D and a fractal thrown on top; little to no blending. YOU ARE BETTER THAN THIS. Tamper with the lighting here, make the colors match more. Most of the green here is a pure to blue green, but the fractal is a yellow green. Improve the light, the render is getting lost on it. You have a character with a dark blue dress on a dark blue background.

Would also throw out that you should change this wallpaper up to offer more negative space. There's just not one big solid area I can put icons should I want to use this.

Here's 3 tricks for this and future work:

1, thumbnail signature. I cannot tell you how important planning these things are, and how mind numbing it can get to have a great wallpaper in mind, but no means of execution. When I need to design a logo, web page, brochure, flier, etc, I always draw it first. This saves me time, because I can always erase a thumbnail drawing; this principle is exactly the same for wallpapers. Create a signature first to help get the ball rolling. (the mini version of a 1920 by 1200 wallpaper is a 400 by 250 signature)

2, modify colors, detail, etc with clipping masks and layer edits. You dont need permission to change how a c4d or fractal, or whatever looks in a piece. Just make it work. The lighting in this a bit poor, there's no one particular spot I want to look at, so most of your detail as well as where the render is is getting lost. Fix it, never use solid white or black or make something darker or brighter.

3, if you want a quick way for getting more detail from something, apply the image, make it that layer smaller, and then use Lighten or Multiply. I do this quite often, where instead of piling more and more c4ds, or smudging on more layers, I just take all the C4Ds I've built up, or all the smudging I've done, and spit it all onto an apply image layer then resize that to make it seem like there's more detail when there isnt. It helps save time, unless you do want to be that meticulous, which you are not.

Okay, I'm done, you can gripe to me in the morning.

Junior Member Imran520 is on a distinguished road Imran520's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-21-2013 12:52 AM
    Threads

Default Re: The Skeletons Waltz - Black Rock Shooter Wallpaper

It is a great skeleton image. It is also horror.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information