AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Worst type of anime fan?

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: Worst type of anime fan?

Quote Originally Posted by Peppermint Hearts View Post
    I wrote about The Anime Encyclopedia in other forums, and the authors of that so called reference work are very cynical and negative towards many anime series. I don't know if those authors should even consider themselves anime fans at all, just harsh anime critics if anything. They should at least try to be less biased if they want to write a reference for anime fans instead of trashing the fan's favorite series. I never cared for anime fans who think most anime series are garbage, they should try watching something different besides anime.
    Try "The Anime and Manga Character Handbook".
    Last edited by Clayton_n; 06-02-2016 at 06:57 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Your Neighborhood Otaku! Ota "The Cutest Otaku" has a reputation beyond repute Ota "The Cutest Otaku" has a reputation beyond repute Ota "The Cutest Otaku" has a reputation beyond repute Ota "The Cutest Otaku" has a reputation beyond repute Ota "The Cutest Otaku" has a reputation beyond repute Ota "The Cutest Otaku" has a reputation beyond repute Ota "The Cutest Otaku" has a reputation beyond repute Ota "The Cutest Otaku" has a reputation beyond repute Ota "The Cutest Otaku" has a reputation beyond repute Ota "The Cutest Otaku" has a reputation beyond repute Ota "The Cutest Otaku" has a reputation beyond repute Ota "The Cutest Otaku"'s Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Naruto Sharingan Taurus Red Dango
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2016 03:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Why did you feel the need to defend yourself though? I merely answered something that I didn't think made any sense.
    The best must always be treated with respect.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

How about anime fans who haven't seen any of the anime you want to talk about? Like Miyazaki. I find them very annoying.

Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ota "The Cutest Otaku" View Post
    Why did you feel the need to defend yourself though? I merely answered something that I didn't think made any sense.
    That's like asking: "why did you quote me?". AF in reality stands for Anime Forum and when you decide to post on a forum and whatever... its only common sense to think people would reply to you. You said something I found incorrect so I decided to respond to you in natural forum fashion.
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

Junior Member Lazythelazylord is on a distinguished road Lazythelazylord's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-10-2016 12:58 PM
    Threads

One word - weaboos

6. Likes TMac3000 liked this post
    Your Neighborhood Otaku! Ota "The Cutest Otaku" has a reputation beyond repute Ota "The Cutest Otaku" has a reputation beyond repute Ota "The Cutest Otaku" has a reputation beyond repute Ota "The Cutest Otaku" has a reputation beyond repute Ota "The Cutest Otaku" has a reputation beyond repute Ota "The Cutest Otaku" has a reputation beyond repute Ota "The Cutest Otaku" has a reputation beyond repute Ota "The Cutest Otaku" has a reputation beyond repute Ota "The Cutest Otaku" has a reputation beyond repute Ota "The Cutest Otaku" has a reputation beyond repute Ota "The Cutest Otaku" has a reputation beyond repute Ota "The Cutest Otaku"'s Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Naruto Sharingan Taurus Red Dango
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2016 03:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

First off what you think is incorrect is your opinion. None of what you have said was backed by facts so I could less about what you think is wrong. And i joined this particular topic in good fun not to argue with someone who obviously has bias to my answer.
    The best must always be treated with respect.

8. Dislikes Anime Forum disliked this post
    Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ota "The Cutest Otaku" View Post
    First off what you think is incorrect is your opinion. None of what you have said was backed by facts so I could less about what you think is wrong. And i joined this particular topic in good fun not to argue with someone who obviously has bias to my answer.
    Well, of course its my opinion.... Never did I use the term fact or any term similar to that. Honestly, your attitude right now is extremely bad and I'm not sure what the problem is. You posted in a topic and when you post in a topic... people are going to reply to you because that's what a forum is. Not to mention this is my thread so of course I'm going to reply to the people that post in it.

If you have no intention to get involved in an argument, don't reply to me. I'm not trying to be rude here, but you're starting to walk a very thin line. I'll leave the thread.... my thread to avoid conflict.

10. Dislikes Ota "The Cutest Otaku" disliked this post
    WOW!!!! Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts AK47 American Flag Ribbon Systems N64
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2023 04:18 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WootenClen

Quote Originally Posted by MAL OR AF View Post
    I'll leave the thread.... my thread to avoid conflict.
    hey don't be a puss

Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kumagawa View Post
    hey don't be a puss
    Indeed, I was acting like a total puss and deserve to be punished! Oh Kumagawa, whip me until satisfied!

WOW!!!! Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts AK47 American Flag Ribbon Systems N64
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2023 04:18 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WootenClen

Quote Originally Posted by MAL OR AF View Post
    Indeed, I was acting like a total puss and deserve to be punished! Oh Kumagawa, whip me until satisfied!

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    'fans' who don't branch out. You're not an Japanimation/anime fan you're just a fan of a single series so label yourself as an ' "insert series here" fan' if you're not going to go further beyond that.
    It's been 3 years so I want to go back to this....

It's a little ignorant but I still stand by it to a degree. It is annoying when you talk to someone and they talk about how big of an anime fan they are and they try to speak broken Japanese "omg so sugoi-kawaii-desu!" and when you ask them what they watch the answer is just one simple show. I still think if that's the case you're less of a fan of anime/manga and more of a fan of a particular series so you should really say "I don't watch anime but I'm a big fan of ___ series!" But honestly... if you liked that one series and like the Japanese culture, chances are there are other shows you'd like just as much.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    It's been 3 years so I want to go back to this....

It's a little ignorant but I still stand by it to a degree. It is annoying when you talk to someone and they talk about how big of an anime fan they are and they try to speak broken Japanese "omg so sugoi-kawaii-desu!" and when you ask them what they watch the answer is just one simple show. I still think if that's the case you're less of a fan of anime/manga and more of a fan of a particular series so you should really say "I don't watch anime but I'm a big fan of ___ series!" But honestly... if you liked that one series and like the Japanese culture, chances are there are other shows you'd like just as much.
    Its not ignorant, you're right. Honestly, I cringe at anybody who has seen under 150 anime and act like a huge fanatic of medium. I hate folks who do that..

Senior Member Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-15-2017 08:13 AM
    Threads

786 I disagree.
    To me that's like insisting that I have to eat eight hundred fifty-seven desserts to know that I enjoyed most of them immensely and that I'm a huge fan of desserts.
    And this isn't self-justification: I've watched several hundred animes.

---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 AM ----------

786 blueangel06661! WHO is the girl in yr. sig? I'd ask via pm but I think there are other ponies who would like to know and haven't asked (I know it had occurred to me before to ask, I just never did).
    kthxbai
    Last edited by Jean Markale; 11-10-2016 at 07:52 AM.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

The ones who complain abut too much sexual imagery, blood, etc. in anime.

it's like I always say. Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

in fact if you look online I am constantly quoted on that one.

Some people see anything as inappropriate. Even a brother helping his sister brush her teeth.

Last edited by Clayton_n; 11-12-2016 at 04:39 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information