AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: George Zimmerman found "not guilty"

🐮🔪 Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-13-2019 08:41 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default George Zimmerman found "not guilty"

The trial is over. The jury has found George Zimmerman acquitted on both "murder" and "manslaughter" charges.
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-degree-murde/

It's over now. Or is it? I fear there will now be riots by those who were hoping for a "guilty" verdict. I fear there will be, and they may get very bad before the police can bring order. I also fear for Zimmerman, that someone may try to kill him as they try to dish out their own "justice" because they are angry that he wasn't found guilty of murder.
    Last edited by Animedude5555; 07-13-2013 at 10:09 PM.

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Default Re: George Zimmerman found "not guilty"

Hate to say it, but I called it. Cue the riots now!
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

🐮🔪 Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-13-2019 08:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Reminds me of this song.

4. Likes KawaiiAi liked this post
    Senior Member Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2013 05:08 PM
    Threads

I will hire a personal assassin for this one. He should not be allowed to live, honestly.

Senior Member KawaiiAi has a reputation beyond repute KawaiiAi has a reputation beyond repute KawaiiAi has a reputation beyond repute KawaiiAi has a reputation beyond repute KawaiiAi has a reputation beyond repute KawaiiAi has a reputation beyond repute KawaiiAi has a reputation beyond repute KawaiiAi has a reputation beyond repute KawaiiAi has a reputation beyond repute KawaiiAi has a reputation beyond repute KawaiiAi has a reputation beyond repute KawaiiAi's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Gifts Photoshop 025 - Pikachu Ferrari Aurea
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-19-2013 12:37 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: xKhanie Steam ID: khaniexlove

I honestly think its so biased. Considering since its friends just covering his butt saying its his name... Like, I get they dont have anyone to prove whose voice it is, but the verdict should've been guilty in my opinion.

Brb, locking doors & windows.

Signature by Daken // Requests {OPEN}

GFX THREAD | ILLUMINATED SPIRITS | TUMBLR

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on."
    ~Robert Frost

7. Likes Ayu 「あゆ」 liked this post
    Senior Member ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-14-2024 08:26 PM
    Threads

Well, it is a given fact that Zimmerman shot and killed Martin. Everybody who has been following it all knows that. But the point of the trial was to prove he did it with evil intent, ill will, extreme prejudice and all that since it was for 2nd degree murder. The prosecution had no case and their witnesses did nothing more than give the case to the defense on a silver platter. Jeantel sealed the deal when she took the stand and made her and Martin the racists by testifying that Martin referred to Zimmerman as both a "cracker" and the n-word and answering that cracker is not a racist word, and saying she can't read cursive despite writing it herself. If any anger should be directed, it should be towards her for screwing everything up.

At the end of the day, this trial once again proves that laws and morals do not go hand and hand and that justice is truly blind, but can be heard.

As for the 911 tapes of who is calling for help, sadly we don't know since both families claim it is either Zimmerman or Martin. But I thought given the testimonies and the evidence, a not guilty verdict (under the charges of 2nd degree murder) was inevitable. Whatever the prosecution had, it went to hell in a hand basket. Hell, even the judge showed a demeanor that she was siding the prosecution and it still went to hell in a hand basket.

As for whether or not Zimmerman followed him. To what extend we don't know. Was he following him after he called the dispatcher? Did he go back to his car and get ambushed? Well, we will never know. But according to my friends who are dispatchers, he was talking to a civilian dispatcher on a non-emergency line. They can't give orders and you don't have to obey their instructions. The dispatcher said he "didn't need to follow him." He said that he couldn't or shouldn't. He didn't give it in an orderly way. Only those who wear a badge in emergency situations can do that.

I don't condone what Zimmerman did, but given the facts, under the conditions to get a guilty verdict and how the trial played out, this was the outcome and he is likely to win his lawsuit with NBC. And maybe his wife will get probation or a fine for committing perjury. Not sure about Jeantel though.
    Check out my anime reviews at: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/users/hajimenojmo[/URL] and http://blog.honeyfeed.fm/

Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2023 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ParaParaJMo View Post
    At the end of the day, this trial once again proves that laws and morals do not go hand and hand and that justice is truly blind, but can be heard.
    What do you think would have been just in this case? Do you think Zimmerman should have been convicted of 2nd degree murder or a lesser charge? What would have been the moral outcome?

A lot of assumptions where made about this case to damn Zimmerman. It's about as fair to assume Zimmerman was a racist as it was to assume that Martin was in the neighborhood to break into homes. When you look past "white man lynches black kid" narrative which was created before most of the facts were known, you realize the prosecution had a tough case.

Because the best judgement that could be made here is "I don't know." It's reasonable to think Zimmerman killed Martin purposefully. It's just as reasonable to assume Martin gave Zimmerman a reason to fear for his life and shoot back. If Zimmerman was telling the truth, then his actions were perfectly condonable.

Senior Member ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-14-2024 08:26 PM
    Threads

Well, under the 2nd degree charge, the prosecution had to prove that he did it with ill will, bad intentions, and with no regards to human life. There was no evidence or testimony to support that. I say if they charged him with manslaughter, the state could have built a case on that. Of course the jury had that option at the last second but the case was already lost.
    Check out my anime reviews at: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/users/hajimenojmo[/URL] and http://blog.honeyfeed.fm/

The warrior of time aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Bear Bleach Zangetsu Katana
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2015 10:29 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aether370

No doubt someone will take justice into their own hands....probably.... I dunno I'm on a psychic or mind reader

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I will say this much about the case, on Monday, people will be talking about it like its the worst thing that has ever happened to humanity. They will say that in this day in age, racial typed things like this shouldnt happen. How its unfair, how there is no justice, or that he really did defend himself. That George Zimmerman was just some racist psuedo-cop, or Trayvon was some little punk with no respect for anybody.

Then the next week, it will completely drop off radar and we will be on the 'next' case.

Nanobyte's minion SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Luna Cake Lie Soras Keyblade
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-20-2017 06:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1596-5790-7816-3407

It seemed like he was guilty until proven innocent rather than vice-versa.

I don't know why a case like this got the attention it did when there are far more important cases being decided.

I don't think he should have shot the kid, but in moments where you think your life is in danger, I doubt you will really take your time to survey your attacker on whether or not he has a weapon. If Zimmerman used it in self defense then I don't see what the problem is.

Imo this should have been a weapon issue, not a racial one.

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Still no riots... I'm utterly disappointed.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

People in Florida celebrating, smh.

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SigmaSD View Post
    It seemed like he was guilty until proven innocent rather than vice-versa.

I don't know why a case like this got the attention it did when there are far more important cases being decided.

I don't think he should have shot the kid, but in moments where you think your life is in danger, I doubt you will really take your time to survey your attacker on whether or not he has a weapon. If Zimmerman used it in self defense then I don't see what the problem is.

Imo this should have been a weapon issue, not a racial one.
    Nah, it's always about race.

Anyone remember Troy Davis?

Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pocket Watch Katana Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2019 09:03 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ayu 「あゆ」 View Post
    I will hire a personal assassin for this one. He should not be allowed to live, honestly.
    Quote Originally Posted by KawaiiAi View Post
    I honestly think its so biased. Considering since its friends just covering his butt saying its his name... Like, I get they dont have anyone to prove whose voice it is, but the verdict should've been guilty in my opinion.

Brb, locking doors & windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by ParaParaJMo View Post
    But I thought given the testimonies and the evidence, a not guilty verdict (under the charges of 2nd degree murder) was inevitable. Whatever the prosecution had, it went to hell in a hand basket. Hell, even the judge showed a demeanor that she was siding the prosecution and it still went to hell in a hand basket.
    While I appreciate how things seemed at the beginning of this (I think there's some thread here from when this first came up where the story was about a straight up killing of a little 13 year old kid), it seems like the evidence really makes Zimmerman's version of thing seem more likely.

Initially saying that someone was acting suspicious and like they were on drugs seemed like thinly veiled racism when Zimmerman said he though Trayvon was acting suspicions and like he was on drugs. However it sounds like instead of going around through the entrance Trayvon cut through some peoples backyards and around between houses, and he WAS on drugs. (I don't think they released the amount of drug, but he might have actually been moving a little weird. )

Even if the girlfriends version of the story, Trayvon was the one that went up to Zimmerman.

Of course there isn't any proof of exactly what happened next. It just seems really weird that Zimmerman would just start swinging at Trayvon. Trayvon was bigger than he was, and Zimmerman knew a cop was on the way, if he hurt Martin and wasn't injured himself in any way he'd definitly be in trouble. Also there wasn't any indication Trayvon had been hit or anything.

Zimmerman however had injuries, a witness indicated they thought Trayvon was on top, and forensics shows that Trayvons clothes where away from his body when shot, and while possible to have that happen other ways, it also seems to indicate Trayvon was on top. And it sounds from the call like Trayvon had been whupping Zimmerman for a good 40 seconds before the shot.

Sad it happened. But I seems like a "not guilty" verdict was the only reasonable conclusion. Especially since you have to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

17. Likes Ωmega liked this post
    Senior Member Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2016 04:10 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

This case was as much about justice as Segregation was about equality.

Senior Member RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan's Avatar
    Gil
    Devilish
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-17-2014 11:12 PM
    Charleston, South Carolina, Confederate States of America
    Threads

That stupid Judge was so biased against Zimmerman, I am surprised she did not lynch him.

She allowed ridiculous "Evidence" against Zimmerman having nothing to do with the Case, but she would not allow Evidence proving Martin as a Criminal and Troublemaker to be allowed. If Zimmerman did not have a Gun, he might not be alive right now.

"Let us enjoy the Rain together. My Umbrella is always open for you. Knowing me is knowing never having to say goodbye. It never stops raining, does it?"

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou+ View Post
    People in Florida celebrating, smh.

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

Nah, it's always about race.

Anyone remember Troy Davis?
    Its not a race issue because the media only exploits certain cases and ignores others completely.

You know what the big issue was when you boil down to it??

Gun control.

Its too easy to get a hold of a gun today. If Zimmerman was denied a gun because of a stricter code then he wouldve gotten his donkey kicked and Martin wouldve been charged with assault. If he did pass and still had access to a gun, then it would be apparent he understood the gun laws and the case wouldve wrapped up much quicker.

The media obviously had some agenda with this case for it to have blown up the way it did while ignoring other big cases like Bradley Manning, Levi Chavez and Christopher Harris

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

21. Thanks RainyDayMan thanked for this post
    Likes RainyDayMan liked this post
    Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2023 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ωmega View Post
    You know what the big issue was when you boil down to it??

Gun control.
    No, the real issue is lack of cameras. If there were cameras on those streets we would know what really went down--hell, they probably wouldn't even been an altercation. It's not as if there is a freedom-vs-security issue involved in putting cameras on every street or anything. No way. Every time there is a crime that lacks cameras, it's a camera issue.

Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pocket Watch Katana Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2019 09:03 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wio View Post
    No, the real issue is lack of cameras. If there were cameras on those streets we would know what really went down--hell, they probably wouldn't even been an altercation. It's not as if there is a freedom-vs-security issue involved in putting cameras on every street or anything. No way. Every time there is a crime that lacks cameras, it's a camera issue.
    Spooky to a degree but maybe.

Although maybe I hsould pick up one of these:
    http://www.guncam.com/pistols.html

I'm sure ZImmerman wishs he had.

Quote Originally Posted by Ωmega View Post
    Its too easy to get a hold of a gun today. If Zimmerman was denied a gun because of a stricter code then he wouldve gotten his donkey kicked and Martin wouldve been charged with assault.
    I do support the idea that to get a concealed carry permit you should know the laws and probably some other important concepts like the whole "monkey dance" thing. I imagine there's wide support on that, but I think a lot of people are worried any restriction would be abused to ban guns the way giving local law enforcement any discretion on who can get a concealed permit, which seems reasonable at first, is used to keep people unarmed.

That said there's no way to know how Zimmerman would have come out if he was unarmed. Even if Trayvon just meant to beat him until he lost consciiousness so he could swagger off that could easily result in permanent injury or death. There's also no guarantee Trayvon would have gotten caught since he was quite close to where he could get indoors and the rain would probably ruin prints and other evidence.

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

Very true

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

For once, I agree with you.

It would cease all the asspull arguments and have stronger evidence.
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 07-16-2013 at 02:44 PM.

Closed Thread

Thread Information