AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Legal questions

Banned Forum / Chat Project D has a reputation beyond repute Project D has a reputation beyond repute Project D has a reputation beyond repute Project D has a reputation beyond repute Project D has a reputation beyond repute Project D has a reputation beyond repute Project D has a reputation beyond repute Project D has a reputation beyond repute Project D has a reputation beyond repute Project D has a reputation beyond repute Project D has a reputation beyond repute Project D's Avatar
    Gil
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-02-2013 01:04 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    But somehow you find me incredibly charming.
    Threads

Default Legal questions

So if someone got persistently and criminally harassed on a website and nothing was done by the moderation staff to said users to deter the harassment can that website be sued? From what I've been reading it can. Since terms of services isn't a full-proof defense against lawsuits, as a website has an expectation to enforce its rules and protect its users against harassment and cyberbullying.
    Last edited by Project D; 07-02-2013 at 01:06 PM.

Ace Kaitous YOU Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Hat Rayman Baboon With A Gun Bioshock Syringe
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-23-2024 09:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: kaitou ace42 PSN ID: kaitou42 Steam ID: kaitou_ace

Default Re: Legal questions

I am so sorry your feelings were hurt when people were rude to you. It is absolutely criminal when someone isn't nice to you, you are quite right. In fact, you may want to consider that if you are rude to everyone you talk to, people will respond in kind. I know this is a shocking thing. Let me also point out that there is no constitutional right not to have your feelings hurt. And being a private forum, you always have a choice to leave. In this case, let me make the choice for you.

Me removing you from the site means that you will no longer be harassed by anyone here.

You're quite welcome!

3. Likes Ranshiin, blueangel06661, Ωmega liked this post
    The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

I have a lawyer against my own will

Who wants to hire a lawyer and spend all that money on something so trivial as feelings being hurt on an internet forum about anime. I don't even think anyone here is capable enough to harass enough for any court to seriously consider the case. This person should go hang out at 4chan.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I was about to post and ask how life was going for WBL, but it seems that Ace beat us all to the punch.

Oh well, lol.
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

Senior Member nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay has a reputation beyond repute nslay's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-03-2017 11:20 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Project D View Post
    So if someone got persistently and criminally harassed on a website and nothing was done by the moderation staff to said users to deter the harassment can that website be sued? From what I've been reading it can. Since terms of services isn't a full-proof defense against lawsuits, as a website has an expectation to enforce its rules and protect its users against harassment and cyberbullying.
    You joined in 2006? How could you throw away your history here over something so frivolous?

Senior Member RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan's Avatar
    Gil
    Devilish
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-17-2014 11:12 PM
    Charleston, South Carolina, Confederate States of America
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou Ace View Post
    I am so sorry your feelings were hurt when people were rude to you. It is absolutely criminal when someone isn't nice to you, you are quite right. In fact, you may want to consider that if you are rude to everyone you talk to, people will respond in kind. I know this is a shocking thing. Let me also point out that there is no constitutional right not to have your feelings hurt. And being a private forum, you always have a choice to leave. In this case, let me make the choice for you.

Me removing you from the site means that you will no longer be harassed by anyone here.

You're quite welcome!

---------- Post added at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Project D View Post
    If it is criminal Harassment, get Internet Protocol Addresses, Screencaptures, and Evidence, and go to the Abuse Team for their Internet Service Provider. Your best Case is getting them kicked off their I.S.P.

Where were you harassed? Which Forum? Somewhere else? I have seen no "criminal" Harassment here.
    Last edited by RainyDayMan; 07-03-2013 at 12:37 AM.

"Let us enjoy the Rain together. My Umbrella is always open for you. Knowing me is knowing never having to say goodbye. It never stops raining, does it?"

Closed Thread

Thread Information