AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Whats your favorite anime and why?

Senior Member Hiro Of The Dark is on a distinguished road Hiro Of The Dark's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Gifts Soras Keyblade Paper Plane
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2013 08:25 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Whats your favorite anime and why?

I just wanna know what kind of anime/manga you guys like. I think that this could help people find anime/manga that they haven't seen before. My favorite anime/manga is, "Hoshi e Kakaru Hashi". I like this anime because, it makes me feel like you can find love in any place. I love the style and the story of the anime. If you guys didn't know, Hoshi e Kakaru Hashi started out as a visual novel. Please, I would like to hear your favorite anime/manga's.

Member Ourobus has a reputation beyond repute Ourobus has a reputation beyond repute Ourobus has a reputation beyond repute Ourobus has a reputation beyond repute Ourobus has a reputation beyond repute Ourobus has a reputation beyond repute Ourobus has a reputation beyond repute Ourobus has a reputation beyond repute Ourobus has a reputation beyond repute Ourobus has a reputation beyond repute Ourobus has a reputation beyond repute Ourobus's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-16-2016 10:16 PM
    Threads

Default Re: Whats your favorite anime and why?

I can't really decide... it's between Baka to Test and Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka for me though, I like them both for the same reason, they're both hilarious.

Senior Member Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Dr Who K9 Rainbow Ribbon Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2014 10:27 AM
    Threads

Ouran High School Host Club...but shouldn't this be in the "General Anime" section?! XD
    ~Favourite Anime/manga~
    Ouran High School Host Club
    Death Note
    Sekaiichi Hatsukoi
    Junjou Romantica
    Naruto Shippuuden
    Bleach
    Hetalia
    Code Geass
    Fruits Basket
    D-GrayMan
    Hourou Musuko Wandering Son
    Sora to Hara
    Kuroko no Basuke
    Shingeki no Kyojin

Currently reading: Bleach and Naruto Ship, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kuroko no Basuke.
    Currently watching: Space Brothers, Golden Time, Kuroko no Basuke, Silver Spoon, Magi and Mobile Suit Gundam.

Cyber Bully Expert WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Revolver Dice 143 - Snorlax
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-10-2013 12:06 PM
    Threads

It's hard to choose. I'd have to choose Tenchi Universe, however, because it's a fascinating cast, it's got action, comedy, romance, colorful characters, an over-arching storyline that makes sense and is compelling, and it's old school.

Devil Lady, as well, because it's dark, gritty, gruesome, compelling, and an amazing look at what a truly unwilling and unwitting heroine would act like.

Plus, Azumanga Daioh. Because it's hilarious, it's sweet, it's simple, and it's adorable.

... I can't decide.

Senior Member KingArt has a reputation beyond repute KingArt has a reputation beyond repute KingArt has a reputation beyond repute KingArt has a reputation beyond repute KingArt has a reputation beyond repute KingArt has a reputation beyond repute KingArt has a reputation beyond repute KingArt has a reputation beyond repute KingArt has a reputation beyond repute KingArt has a reputation beyond repute KingArt has a reputation beyond repute KingArt's Avatar
    Gil
    Breezy
    Gifts Trollface Mario Fire Flower
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2013 04:01 AM
    Threads

.Hack = Favorite Series
    Flcl = Favorite anime

Senior Member Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi has a reputation beyond repute Watayo_Hirashi's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Tiger Basketball Black Beauty LesPauls
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-31-2014 08:25 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I have many. But I'd start with two first. XD

Higurashi When They Cry - It started out as a visual novel, then manga, then anime. And in fact, the visual novel scared the heck out of me until I couldn't continue to play it. Still standing by for the visual novel. I like this anime is because of the way each arc tells a different story. And you end up thinking, "What?" I got many spoilers before I even got the guts to watch Higurashi, but then it was still so enjoyable. Because of this anime, I could be scared of going to my own bedroom at night. And most importantly, it literally changed my life. I'm serious, can't say why though. Not only that, Higurashi drags you into the Higurashi world and makes you imagine you are each and every character. I don't know about other people, but personally, that was what scared me - imagining myself in the main characters situation, it really scared me. You feel like every character is alive. But it's not only about horror, it's about friendship, trust and loyalty. In a situation like that, could you possibly trust your friends? Could you stay loyal? It gets you thinking. You'd think, it's because of trust that people bond together. And it's because of distrust, people suspect each other. Trust is a border between friends and enemies.

Fullmetal Alchemist - One of my classic favourites. I'm mentioning the original one, not the Brotherhood one. It's a very beautiful anime. With nice art, beautiful music and amazing storyline. It didn't completely follow the manga by Hiromu Arakawa because the manga wasn't done back then. Slow and steady pace with the storyline, and amazing characters. It depicts them in a very humanly way. And what I love the most from this anime is the way they showed the brotherly love between the two main characters. They are always beside each other, supporting each other. Family love is also another big theme. In other words, love is a big theme in this anime. Not just any other shoujo anime kind of love, true love. It's hard to put into words, you have to watch it to experience it.

Sorry for the long-winded post. XD
    May peace bestow this world,
    May our hearts unite.
    Life may not be smooth as pearl,
    But pray for our decisions to be always right.

Life may be hard, it's a big pain in the butt. But hey, who says behind all those pain, can't hide some happiness ?

Junior Member Alamros is on a distinguished road Alamros's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-15-2013 12:40 AM
    Threads

my favorite anime is Angel Beats! ^^ because it's hilarious for some parts but it'll make you cry your eyes out in the end. it's really good despite having only 13 episodes.

Senior Member 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ's Avatar
    Gil
    Dead
    Gifts Bigro MA 05 Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-18-2015 01:23 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

-Sailor moon
    -Rose of the Versailles (berubara for short)
    -Oniisama e
    -Shoujo kakumei Utena

and in general, shoujo and yurilicious and with mostly female characters (if not dominated by them) and female protagonists.

Edit: "the reasons"
    The reason I love all these series is because they cover many aspects:
    Sailor Moon: comedy, romance, friendship, fighting evil, loss, hard decisions, values and ideals.
    BeruBara: historical, noble soldier, gender bender, romance, hard decisions, illness, loss, death, war, revolution, guillotines
    Oniisama e: romance, struggle, growing up, loss, drugs, suicide, obsession, sickness, abuse
    Shoujo kakumei Utena: noble thinking of the protagonist, gender bender, duels, craziness, sacrifice, realizations.
    Last edited by 星らぶ; 10-15-2013 at 12:08 AM. Reason: forgot the "why?"

The Lemon Sorceress Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon has a reputation beyond repute Princess Lemon's Avatar
    Gil
    Starving
    Gifts Kill Bill Katana Hattori Hanzo Steel
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-12-2014 12:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: overlorddarthfluffles

While I haven't watched A LOT of anime (haven't seen some of the classics too) I am working around to watching them. I have a big ol' list to finish up. This weekend I'm going to watch the first episode of Attack on Titan.

HOWEVER, from what I HAVE seen, my favorite anime is Cowboy Bebop. Outside fantasy, anything futuristic and in space is a weakness of mine. I've stated this in another thread, but I think the anime is simple but powerful. It has a colorful cast of characters all with wonderful flaws but still brings a skill to the table. I'd say they're well balanced. I also strongly support they didn't give Spike and Faye a forced romantic interest. There was vague implications to it, but that could also be interpreted as them actually becoming close buddies (Since Spike was really REALLY into Julia). A lot of the episodes were a slice of life, which were pretty well done and funny. I'm glad all characters had an episode dedicated to their own story arc as well, and the use of flashbacks to help bring out the plot; just topped it off so well. And Vicious, holy butts Vicious is a grade A antagonist. He doesn't monologue or waste time. He knows what he wants and gets right down to the action. I also have a huge weakness for open endings, and while the ending was open I still got really emotional.

OUTSIDE that two other of my favorite anime would probably be Tenchi Muyo and Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

Closed Thread

Thread Information