AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [TV Series] Naruto

Senior Member Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Pocky
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2013 06:15 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default [TV Series] Naruto

Naruto

Type: Anime - 220 episodes.

Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy.

Plot Synopsis: 12 years ago the ninja village Konoha is attacked by a nine tailed demon fox. The demon was defeated and sealed in the body of a child at the cost of many lives. In the present outcast orphan, Naruto Uzumaki struggles to graduate ninja school. He is unaware of the dangers that lie ahead of him, should he succeed.

Video Review:
    +
    "> " /> ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Naruto fans, the video may anger you but trust me, it gets better later on in the review. You just might have to wait a few minutes.

Story: 6/10
    Naruto starts off slow showing each of the lead characters abilities. This brings in a few 'villain of the week' episodes all linked to a dangerous character called Orochimaru. Eventually this turns into a few fun story arcs including the chunin exams which I enjoyed quite a bit. Unfortunately after the halfway mark in the show things start slowing down. Battles start lasting too long and they cut between fights too often instead of finishing the one they are on. The show effectively ends around the 140 episode mark leaving 80 episodes of mostly filler with no decent conclusion. I expect filler in a shonen show but not to this degree. 220 episodes with little change to the status quo is not good enough. You cannot base your whole plot around a substandard villain an a single whiny uninteresting character, neither of which do much of interest.

Characters: 6/10
    Extremely hit and miss. I despised Naruto for the first few episodes. He outright angered me. Sakura is one of the worst female characters I have ever come across, and I've seen a lot of bad female characters. Sasuke Uchiha is boring. I understand his past sucks but I don't care and I can't help but be distracted as to how useless in battle he is. We are constantly told he is the most talented in his year which he clearly is not. The shows side characters start out as one dimensional clichés but actually manage to overcome this. A lot of them become fun interesting characters and their presence in the show was wonderful. The shows villains are awful Orochimaru has no clear reason for his actions and hence is uninteresting. The Akatsuki seem more threatening but are not fleshed out by the shows end. Naruto makes a major character comeback in my book. I grew to like him eventually. That surprised me quite a bit.

Art/animation: 7/10
    The quality is a bit shaky at times particularly near the start of the shows run. Once the animators get in their stride, things clearly get better. Some of the battles look nice.

Voice acting, music rating: 8/10
    The soundtrack is fantastic. Great little tunes that work well in the background. This is a very good soundtrack for a shonen show. The voice acting is good in the sub. The dub is also good aside from Naruto's voice actor who sounds like a chain smoking granny.

Overall: 7/10
    Last edited by Rylingo; 04-15-2013 at 02:36 PM.

2. Likes fire katon liked this post
    May precipitate OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2018 11:48 PM
    Threads

Default Re: [TV Series] Naruto

I guess I'd just like to point out that Naruto is still an ongoing series and what you have reviewed here is essentially part 1.

Tru Fax: Princess Minako wrestled Jesus... and won

Senior Member Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Pocky
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by OminousCloud View Post
    I guess I'd just like to point out that Naruto is still an ongoing series and what you have reviewed here is essentially part 1.
    Yes, I have only reviewed Naruto up until the time skip. I had not even viewed Shippuden before making this review. I might make a review with Shippuden at a later date.

May precipitate OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2018 11:48 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Rylingo View Post
    Yes, I have only reviewed Naruto up until the time skip. I had not even viewed Shippuden before making this review. I might make a review with Shippuden at a later date.
    I replied more for anyone who's not familiar with Naruto. The text review (I haven't watched the video) makes it seem like there series terminates with loose ends.

Tru Fax: Princess Minako wrestled Jesus... and won

Senior Member Riamu.Midori has a reputation beyond repute Riamu.Midori has a reputation beyond repute Riamu.Midori has a reputation beyond repute Riamu.Midori has a reputation beyond repute Riamu.Midori has a reputation beyond repute Riamu.Midori has a reputation beyond repute Riamu.Midori has a reputation beyond repute Riamu.Midori has a reputation beyond repute Riamu.Midori has a reputation beyond repute Riamu.Midori has a reputation beyond repute Riamu.Midori has a reputation beyond repute Riamu.Midori's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Playing Cards K-on Pick
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-19-2013 02:18 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SHADOWSNIPES56

Story: 7/10
    The story is fairly decent but they never get to the main point and they love to push filler episodes down your throat but once it gets back to the main story I love it every time some parts of it really bring a tear to my eye on how sad it is for instance when you learn about gaara's past or even when the third hokage died them moments are really what make the anime what it is.

Character: 5/10
    I would not say that this is a good part of the show most of the characters seem to be the same everyone at one stage is like I hate you and the next your my best friends everyone in the story must have Bi-polar. But anyway let me get to the point in the anime only about a small had full of characters seem intresing at all that being said when they bring some one on that seems intresing they seem to get a big fight scene that last of many episodes and most of it is talking so I seem to always be doing something different while they are talking about what they are going to do next and how they are going to win.

Art/Animation: 8/10
    The animation for the anime really holds up in most parts but there is that moment that sometimes happens when it seems like some one just drawn a extra line going off the body of the characters

Voice acting/Music: 9/10
    Ok let me start with the music that is in this anime I really loved everything about it like the opening songs at the start of the show they all seemed a little bit to cheesy but extremely catchy at the same time. Now let me move on to the voice acting that this anime had to offer when it came to the voice I could not stand the English voices but I really respected the English voices because most of them where by old men and women and they made the characters sound young but let me now move on to the Japanese voice cast they really nailed it with everyone that was doing the voices they really supported how we know the characters today.

So my overall score for this anime is a 8/10.

Member Darksocks has a reputation beyond repute Darksocks has a reputation beyond repute Darksocks has a reputation beyond repute Darksocks has a reputation beyond repute Darksocks has a reputation beyond repute Darksocks has a reputation beyond repute Darksocks has a reputation beyond repute Darksocks has a reputation beyond repute Darksocks has a reputation beyond repute Darksocks has a reputation beyond repute Darksocks has a reputation beyond repute Darksocks's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Gifts Gir Kill Bill Helmet Sheep
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-09-2013 03:58 AM
    Threads

What I loved most about naruto is that you really wanted the main character to succeed in proving himself especially nearer the start of the series. Some animes make the mistake of making the main character seem cool and unemotional (e.g ichigo from bleach). This leaves very little character development and you really just don't care about the character. The great thing about naruto was that he was emotional and because of that you wanted keep watching and see him prevail.

Senior Member zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-21-2014 06:24 AM
    Threads

part 1

story:8/10
    character: 8/10
    art/animation: 8/10
    voice/music: 10/10 - i enjoy the soundtracks so much if not all most of it were great..

part 2

story: 6/10 - i hate the loooooong fillers
    character: 7/10
    art/animation: 7/10
    voice/music: 8/10

Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Pocky
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

The video is back up. I had to edit it heavily to remove all video and audio clips. I now have a nasty strike on my youtube account and have lost some privileges.

Quote Originally Posted by Evoke2111 View Post
    Ok let me start with the music that is in this anime I really loved everything about it like the opening songs at the start of the show they all seemed a little bit to cheesy but extremely catchy at the same time.
    The themes really caught me out. For some reason I expected Naruto to have bad music but it was actually pretty good.

Junior Member duckz is on a distinguished road duckz's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-16-2013 12:02 PM
    Threads

Naruto is very good anime series with good plot and little filler. on the other hand, Naruto Shippuuden is worst than Naruto and also have lots of filler, even almost a whole season filled with filler.

Junior Member darkflame734 is on a distinguished road darkflame734's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2013 10:32 PM
    Threads

I give naruto a 10/10 one of my fav animes.

Junior Member Shinzounokodou is on a distinguished road Shinzounokodou's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-16-2013 12:06 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: masihkihiri

Naruto never ceases to amaze me. The anime is so well drawn, and i really cant wait for the new episode each week to come out!!! : D!!! 10/10

Member CirrusSG is on a distinguished road CirrusSG's Avatar
    Gifts Red Dango Bleach Ichigo Mask Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-08-2017 10:30 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: CirrusSG

It took me a bit to dig up this thread.
    I'm reviewing both the first and second Naruto series in one go... Just in case you're wondering.
    Story: 10/10 The Naruto story is just flat out impressive. The anime has quite a bit of filler though, which kinda hurts, but it still doesn't destroy the great story. All's I can say is that this story is one of the best.
    Characters: 9/10 Yeah yeah, Naruto is the ideal image of a good guy and Sasuke is a total bad a**. But there are characters who bring it down a notch. But not enough.
    Animation: 9/10 The animation wasn't top tier when the series started, but over time it got a lot better. They did really well in this regard. Kudos to them.
    Sound: 10/10 The soundtrack was incredible, the sound FX were great, and the voice acting was the best I'd heard. The voice acting was done with perfect casting and skill. Loved this series all the more for the sound.

Overall: 9.5/10 This series is a must watch for anyone. Just be prepared to face tons of filler. This series is just amazing with a complex story and emotionally driving characters. The sound and animation match the show perfectly and make it one of my favorite series.

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CirrusSG View Post
    It took me a bit to dig up this thread.
    I'm reviewing both the first and second Naruto series in one go... Just in case you're wondering.
    Story: 10/10 The Naruto story is just flat out impressive. The anime has quite a bit of filler though, which kinda hurts, but it still doesn't destroy the great story. All's I can say is that this story is one of the best.
    Characters: 9/10 Yeah yeah, Naruto is the ideal image of a good guy and Sasuke is a total bad a**. But there are characters who bring it down a notch. But not enough.
    Animation: 9/10 The animation wasn't top tier when the series started, but over time it got a lot better. They did really well in this regard. Kudos to them.
    Sound: 10/10 The soundtrack was incredible, the sound FX were great, and the voice acting was the best I'd heard. The voice acting was done with perfect casting and skill. Loved this series all the more for the sound.

Overall: 9.5/10 This series is a must watch for anyone. Just be prepared to face tons of filler. This series is just amazing with a complex story and emotionally driving characters. The sound and animation match the show perfectly and make it one of my favorite series.
    Hey! Thanks for the review.

You can actually make your own thread for your review.

Member CirrusSG is on a distinguished road CirrusSG's Avatar
    Gifts Red Dango Bleach Ichigo Mask Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-08-2017 10:30 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: CirrusSG

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou+ View Post
    Hey! Thanks for the review.

You can actually make your own thread for your review.
    I know. I just see it as pointless to start a thread that already exists.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information